LuisMa Posted December 12, 2013 at 06:45 PM Posted December 12, 2013 at 06:45 PM I am so glad "I Met an Angel" never made the cut on that album. For me the music of this song is so agressive and annoying. I thought I was the only one who didn't like that song. 1 Quote
CelinesDIVO5 Posted December 12, 2013 at 09:02 PM Posted December 12, 2013 at 09:02 PM I have to share this story: Today, I had my third driving lesson and the radio was playing some awful Greek pop songs, but I wasn't really paying attention cause I can't focus on anything when I'm driving (I'm acting like a nerd during the entire thing)! My teacher disliked the songs so he decided to try another station and then another one... He seemed to enjoy the music in this third music station and he told me ''This is much better, right?'' to which I replied ''Yes.'' without paying ANY attention to the song, I barely understood what my teacher told me, cause - again - I could focus on nothing but the road! A few seconds later I realized that we were listening to 'I Met An Angel (On Christmas Day)' (!!!) and I was pretty much shocked that my 60-years-old-straight-macho-teacher (who comes from the same homophobic hometown as I do) enjoyed a Celine song! And it's not only that, I was also surprised by the fact that radios play this song which was not even released on the album. Such a wasted opportunity to have a timeless classic, this song is very catchy, cool, positive and radio friendly. It should have been included in the album 'These Are Special Times' and even released as a single! I might sound overzealous, but to me this song had potential to be for Celine what 'All I Want For Christmas Is You' is for Mariah..! I was just thinkin that recently too!!! No wonder you're my hubby!! 1 Quote https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PL54qnRGM2gMatthew Charles - "Fix You" - Live at The Stonewall InnStonewall Sensation - Season 15Originally written and performed by Coldplay
CelinesDIVO5 Posted December 12, 2013 at 09:03 PM Posted December 12, 2013 at 09:03 PM (edited) Double post Edited December 12, 2013 at 09:04 PM by CelinesDIVO5 Quote https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PL54qnRGM2gMatthew Charles - "Fix You" - Live at The Stonewall InnStonewall Sensation - Season 15Originally written and performed by Coldplay
LukeD Posted December 13, 2013 at 02:08 AM Posted December 13, 2013 at 02:08 AM I am so glad "I Met an Angel" never made the cut on that album. For me the music of this song is so agressive and annoying.You have to admit that it fits the album much more than 'Brahms Lullaby' though..! 2 Quote
zuv Posted December 13, 2013 at 02:25 AM Posted December 13, 2013 at 02:25 AM You have to admit that it fits the album much more than 'Brahms Lullaby' though..! hmm, no i don't agree sorry.Brahms lulluby fits this album, maybe really slow compared to the rest of the album, but it does give a nice break from all those big high notes and big musical production from the album. And it still has that fairy theme, it's also very warmhearted to listen. It fits a little quiet christmas night with kids that need to go to bed cause it's late and "when the day comes back, they will wake up" and it will be Christmas day Quote
LukeD Posted December 13, 2013 at 02:31 AM Posted December 13, 2013 at 02:31 AM (edited) hmm, no i don't agree sorry.Brahms lulluby fits this album, maybe really slow compared to the rest of the album, but it does give a nice break from all those big high notes and big musical production from the album. And it still has that fairy theme, it's also very warmhearted to listen. It fits a little quiet christmas night with kids that need to go to bed cause it's late and "when the day comes back, they will wake up" and it will be Christmas day But it is a LULLABY! A song for kids to sleep in a Christmas album! Anyway, I'm not trying to change your opinion, just wanted to see your perspective..! Edited December 13, 2013 at 02:32 AM by LukeD 1 Quote
amelie Posted December 13, 2013 at 09:15 AM Posted December 13, 2013 at 09:15 AM But it is a LULLABY! A song for kids to sleep in a Christmas album! Anyway, I'm not trying to change your opinion, just wanted to see your perspective..! It could be the lullaby sung to Jesus! you lullaby hater Quote
LukeD Posted December 13, 2013 at 12:09 PM Posted December 13, 2013 at 12:09 PM It could be the lullaby sung to Jesus! you lullaby hater I like 'Berceuse' a lot, the best lullaby she recorded and 'Brahms Lullaby' is also great, it just doesn't fit a Christmas album. Worked much better on 'Miracle'! 1 Quote
LukeD Posted December 13, 2013 at 12:34 PM Posted December 13, 2013 at 12:34 PM ^ Of course, 'La Mer Et L'enfant' is by miles her best recording around motherhood. I treasure that song! 3 Quote
LuisMa Posted December 14, 2013 at 07:23 PM Posted December 14, 2013 at 07:23 PM But it is a LULLABY! A song for kids to sleep in a Christmas album! Anyway, I'm not trying to change your opinion, just wanted to see your perspective..! It's for kids to sleep until next morning that they get to wake up and see their presents. Now I wish I was a kid again. Quote
couldawouldashoulda Posted December 15, 2013 at 03:16 PM Posted December 15, 2013 at 03:16 PM (edited) I don't know if you all are aware (I apparently can't start a new thread) but Celine is being beaten by Mariah in ew.com's poll on who has the best version of O Holy Night. Go vote!! http://popwatch.ew.c...sion-christmas/ Ha! Never mind. I just went back to it to vote again and the poll is now closed. I'm glad my vote got in but Celine lost. Josh Groban is #1 with Mariah at #2. Celine is 3rd. Perhaps if the topic I tried to start yesterday had been approved, we all could've show our love for Celine in the poll. Edited December 15, 2013 at 03:20 PM by couldawouldashoulda Quote
TommKat22 Posted December 16, 2013 at 08:00 AM Posted December 16, 2013 at 08:00 AM Groban's carbon copy version of Celine's take on O Holy Night always bothered me because it became more acclaimed and received more airplay over recent years. I'm just glad that they haven't forgotten Celine's version! Quote Tommy
TommKat22 Posted December 16, 2013 at 08:00 AM Posted December 16, 2013 at 08:00 AM As his version comes on the radio just now lol Quote Tommy
LuisMa Posted December 16, 2013 at 09:45 AM Posted December 16, 2013 at 09:45 AM I received my German TAST today. The beautiful picture. And the old logo, even if it's a 2006 rerelease with a different cover... makes me long for more of it in future releases. http://imageshack.us/a/img23/7966/5rmd.png 3 Quote
Javito Posted December 16, 2013 at 10:35 AM Posted December 16, 2013 at 10:35 AM Yes, you can see part of Anne Geddes hair in that picture too . I don't know who chose that picture, which is nice, but she was next with Anne Geddes for the Miracle project. As if Céline hadn't enough unused pictures from her photoshoots! Anyway to me the best one is and always will be the original 1998 design. Not even the 2007 collector's edition had the printing quality that the original album had (and they also changed the font), even though if they included a couple of brand new photos Quote "Hush, now... I see a light in the sky"
Jessyka Posted December 16, 2013 at 10:41 AM Posted December 16, 2013 at 10:41 AM I received my German TAST today. The beautiful picture. And the old logo, even if it's a 2006 rerelease with a different cover... makes me long for more of it in future releases. http://imageshack.us/a/img23/7966/5rmd.png It's so beautiful! Where did you get it? Quote http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff5/backup674/Banners/Image1.jpg
LuisMa Posted December 16, 2013 at 10:43 AM Posted December 16, 2013 at 10:43 AM It's so beautiful! Where did you get it? I got it on Amazon.es at just 6 euros. http://www.amazon.es/Ihre-Schoensten-Weihna-C%C3%A9line-Dion/dp/B000V9PUAU/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1387190590&sr=8-2&keywords=ihre+celine Maybe you can order it with shipping to Brazil. 1 Quote
Davey84 Posted December 16, 2013 at 12:05 PM Posted December 16, 2013 at 12:05 PM Groban's carbon copy version of Celine's take on O Holy Night always bothered me because it became more acclaimed and received more airplay over recent years. I'm just glad that they haven't forgotten Celine's version! I'm really annoyed by Micheal Bubbles version of The Christmas Song, to me it's like they used the same music as Celines!! Of course hers is not the Original, but still it sounds like a vocal and musical note to note copy! the most annoying thing is, that when the song starts to play on the radio, I think it's Celine but then Michael starts to sing The only Celine song on the radio I hear is I Met An Angel on Chirstmas Day! IMO that song and Christmas Eve could have been Celines All I want For X-mas... I never play the album before December 5th cos of our 'Santa' Sinterklaas... Everything Christmas is forbidden before that! I still love the album, but I wish we got a new one after 15 years Maybe interviewers need to ask her that question, to let her know we want it! 4 Quote http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v75/daveyh84/incognito198701_zpsaaootxh1.jpgRick, ik hou van jou voor altijd!A New Day... has come 28/29 April & 2/3 May 07Antwerpen 13 et 14 mai,Paris 24 et 25 mai, Amsterdam 2 juinet Arras 7 juillet Chances Taken!!!How Do You Keep The Music Playing? - Celine Opening Night March 15th, March 16th
amelie Posted December 16, 2013 at 01:36 PM Posted December 16, 2013 at 01:36 PM i went to the local store today, No TAST but they had Mariah's with 7euro sticker Quote
Jessyka Posted December 16, 2013 at 01:50 PM Posted December 16, 2013 at 01:50 PM TAST is hard to find here in Brazil too.I was looking for a copy to give my mother in law this Christmas, but couldn't find it. 1 Quote http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff5/backup674/Banners/Image1.jpg
LuisMa Posted December 16, 2013 at 01:55 PM Posted December 16, 2013 at 01:55 PM Some stores have no TASTE in restocking TAST. 1 Quote
Jessyka Posted December 16, 2013 at 02:10 PM Posted December 16, 2013 at 02:10 PM Some stores have no TASTE in restocking TAST. Shame on them. Quote http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff5/backup674/Banners/Image1.jpg
amelie Posted December 16, 2013 at 02:30 PM Posted December 16, 2013 at 02:30 PM Some stores have no TASTE in restocking TAST. i should have bought that collectors edition 2 years back together with TC live when i saw them at Metropolis, then the store closed :S 1 Quote
LuisMa Posted December 16, 2013 at 02:33 PM Posted December 16, 2013 at 02:33 PM (edited) i should have bought that collectors edition 2 years back together with TC live when i saw them at Metropolis, then the store closed :S TWST for not getting TAST! (Those Were Silly Times) J/K Edited December 16, 2013 at 02:34 PM by LuisMa 1 Quote
amelie Posted December 16, 2013 at 02:50 PM Posted December 16, 2013 at 02:50 PM TWST for not getting TAST! (Those Were Silly Times) J/K I probably still had my old copy back then Quote
Stuart2007 Posted December 17, 2013 at 09:04 PM Posted December 17, 2013 at 09:04 PM Noticed a couple of things when I watched my old vhs copy of the cbs special. Rosie O Donnell was cut from the broadcast, a shame as I think the uk would love Rosie's amazing sense of humour. This lovely announcement before the special began. announcer : Musical passion and emotion now on bbc1 Scotland. A personal soundtrack from a pop superstar who just gets better and better. 1 Quote
Javito Posted December 17, 2013 at 09:12 PM Posted December 17, 2013 at 09:12 PM http://www.nola.com/..._who_sings.html It seems TAST its getting some credit here, this time because of her version of Lennon's "Happy Xmas (War Is Over)" :wub: 1 Quote "Hush, now... I see a light in the sky"
ehild Posted December 17, 2013 at 09:14 PM Posted December 17, 2013 at 09:14 PM I started listening to mine again a couple of weeks ago. I seem to have a new fave with each season. Funny how that works..... At any rate, it's a timeless album. I'd love to see another one or a bonus/anniversary edition with a few new songs on it. 2 Quote ~Liz"Please don't make your career your life. Let it be your passion, let it bring you pleasure, but don't let it become your identity. You are so much more valuable than that." -Celine
LuisMa Posted December 18, 2013 at 10:52 AM Posted December 18, 2013 at 10:52 AM I just checked the iTunes chart, and the second highest ranked Celine song after "Incredible" is "O Holy Night" at 608. Quote
Miha Posted December 18, 2013 at 03:21 PM Posted December 18, 2013 at 03:21 PM I am so glad "I Met an Angel" never made the cut on that album. For me the music of this song is so agressive and annoying. :shocking: :confused1: Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.