Davey84 Posted December 18, 2013 at 08:27 PM Posted December 18, 2013 at 08:27 PM Noticed a couple of things when I watched my old vhs copy of the cbs special. Rosie O Donnell was cut from the broadcast, a shame as I think the uk would love Rosie's amazing sense of humour. This lovely announcement before the special began. announcer : Musical passion and emotion now on bbc1 Scotland. A personal soundtrack from a pop superstar who just gets better and better. Maybe they cut it in Europe, cos no one really knew Rosie.... I HATE the fact they cut out that Celine visits Charlemagne part on the DVD!! 1 Quote http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v75/daveyh84/incognito198701_zpsaaootxh1.jpgRick, ik hou van jou voor altijd!A New Day... has come 28/29 April & 2/3 May 07Antwerpen 13 et 14 mai,Paris 24 et 25 mai, Amsterdam 2 juinet Arras 7 juillet Chances Taken!!!How Do You Keep The Music Playing? - Celine Opening Night March 15th, March 16th
LukeD Posted December 18, 2013 at 08:46 PM Posted December 18, 2013 at 08:46 PM Her singing is so flawless in this album, possibly the best sung album of her entire career. 5 Quote
Javito Posted December 18, 2013 at 09:03 PM Posted December 18, 2013 at 09:03 PM If not the best sung, the best performing she's given to these songs The voice she puts in each song makes each track have its own personality (O Holy Night, Blue Christmas, Another Year Has Gone By, Ave Maria...) 1 Quote "Hush, now... I see a light in the sky"
LuisMa Posted December 19, 2013 at 02:03 PM Posted December 19, 2013 at 02:03 PM TAST drops 10 this week to 175 on the Billboard 200, but most Christmas albums took a dive this week. And "O Holy Night" is the only song from it to register on iTunes top 1000 songs, currently at 608. Quote
iancobb Posted December 19, 2013 at 07:00 PM Posted December 19, 2013 at 07:00 PM I ordered this a couple of weeks ago. Am waiting until Christmas Day until I watch the DVD for the first time Quote
Ray Posted December 19, 2013 at 07:30 PM Posted December 19, 2013 at 07:30 PM I especially love O Holy Night on the dvd. It's a shame though she doesn't sing many Christmas songs on this special.Michael Bublé already did his 3rd Xmas special this year. Waiting for Celine to do another one with more of the 'real' Chrismas songs. 2 Quote Céline Dion Mariah Carey Madonna Lara Fabian Debbie Gibson Wilson Phillips Linda Eder Tina Arena Martika
Critiaslux Posted December 19, 2013 at 07:35 PM Posted December 19, 2013 at 07:35 PM TAST drops 10 this week to 175 on the Billboard 200, but most Christmas albums took a dive this week. And "O Holy Night" is the only song from it to register on iTunes top 1000 songs, currently at 608. But Mariah's one is still top 50Odd that during the 00s TAST outsold Mariah's whereas now it is really the opposite. And further we go on the more Mariah's becomes a classic with the hit single all I want whereas Celine's forgotten. I believe that again there is a lack of promotion and that during the years there is no album out, sony and Celine should promote TAST during Xmas period si that it stays relevant. 3 Quote
LuisMa Posted December 19, 2013 at 08:10 PM Posted December 19, 2013 at 08:10 PM But Mariah's one is still top 50Odd that during the 00s TAST outsold Mariah's whereas now it is really the opposite. And further we go on the more Mariah's becomes a classic with the hit single all I want whereas Celine's forgotten. I believe that again there is a lack of promotion and that during the years there is no album out, sony and Celine should promote TAST during Xmas period si that it stays relevant. Yes, I did post the info about Mariah's album on the respective thread. Quote
Ray Posted December 21, 2013 at 09:46 PM Posted December 21, 2013 at 09:46 PM But Mariah's one is still top 50Odd that during the 00s TAST outsold Mariah's whereas now it is really the opposite. And further we go on the more Mariah's becomes a classic with the hit single all I want whereas Celine's forgotten. I believe that again there is a lack of promotion and that during the years there is no album out, sony and Celine should promote TAST during Xmas period si that it stays relevant. True. Celine should promote it more. She could also do another Christmas album and make a new special to promote both albums.Mariah is doing a lot of promo these days. And her song All I Want For Christmas Is You is everywhere.Michael Buble is already doing a third tv-special. Look how well his album is doing on the charts! 2 Quote Céline Dion Mariah Carey Madonna Lara Fabian Debbie Gibson Wilson Phillips Linda Eder Tina Arena Martika
comingback Posted December 22, 2013 at 10:13 AM Posted December 22, 2013 at 10:13 AM Celines holiday message 2013 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BN131lSJiyI Quote
Critiaslux Posted December 22, 2013 at 12:22 PM Posted December 22, 2013 at 12:22 PM Celines holiday message 2013 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BN131lSJiyI That's cute! And energizing Quote
TommKat22 Posted December 22, 2013 at 03:35 PM Posted December 22, 2013 at 03:35 PM I'm really annoyed by Micheal Bubbles version of The Christmas Song, to me it's like they used the same music as Celines!! Of course hers is not the Original, but still it sounds like a vocal and musical note to note copy! the most annoying thing is, that when the song starts to play on the radio, I think it's Celine but then Michael starts to sing The only Celine song on the radio I hear is I Met An Angel on Chirstmas Day! IMO that song and Christmas Eve could have been Celines All I want For X-mas... I never play the album before December 5th cos of our 'Santa' Sinterklaas... Everything Christmas is forbidden before that! I still love the album, but I wish we got a new one after 15 years Maybe interviewers need to ask her that question, to let her know we want it! I think the same thing when Josh's O Holy Night comes on; I think it will be Celine, but alas, no. And I totally agree; I always tell my friends that I think Christmas Eve could have been just as big for Celine as Mariah's All I Want For Xmas Is You was. 2 Quote Tommy
TommKat22 Posted December 22, 2013 at 03:41 PM Posted December 22, 2013 at 03:41 PM Her singing is so flawless in this album, possibly the best sung album of her entire career. Yes! Her vocals are so rich; I told my friend the other day that I thought her voice was best on this album! 1 Quote Tommy
Critiaslux Posted December 22, 2013 at 05:24 PM Posted December 22, 2013 at 05:24 PM I think the same thing when Josh's O Holy Night comes on; I think it will be Celine, but alas, no. And I totally agree; I always tell my friends that I think Christmas Eve could have been just as big for Celine as Mariah's All I Want For Xmas Is You was. Love Christmas Eve as well, more than I met an angel.So now we just have to lobby Sony that next Xmas they release it as a Xmas single! Can always try ! Who knows 1 Quote
couldawouldashoulda Posted December 22, 2013 at 05:36 PM Posted December 22, 2013 at 05:36 PM But Mariah's one is still top 50Odd that during the 00s TAST outsold Mariah's whereas now it is really the opposite. And further we go on the more Mariah's becomes a classic with the hit single all I want whereas Celine's forgotten. I believe that again there is a lack of promotion and that during the years there is no album out, sony and Celine should promote TAST during Xmas period si that it stays relevant. TAST doesn't sell as well anymore because almost everyone of the planet already owns it. 3 Quote
Ray Posted December 22, 2013 at 08:08 PM Posted December 22, 2013 at 08:08 PM I think the same thing when Josh's O Holy Night comes on; I think it will be Celine, but alas, no. And I totally agree; I always tell my friends that I think Christmas Eve could have been just as big for Celine as Mariah's All I Want For Xmas Is You was. David Foster likes to use the same arrangements again and again. O Holy Night was already done by Michael Crawford on the David Foster Christmas album with almost the same arrangement as Celine later did on her album. I believe David Foster also worked with Michael Buble. That explains why the arrangements sound similar. 1 Quote Céline Dion Mariah Carey Madonna Lara Fabian Debbie Gibson Wilson Phillips Linda Eder Tina Arena Martika
Hilda Posted December 22, 2013 at 10:31 PM Posted December 22, 2013 at 10:31 PM ugh david - i sometimes feel he's a problem for celine. mariahs all i want for xmas is number 13 in the uk chart this week! incredible ! its the only one (xmas song) thats allllways in the chart at xmas here haha - and ive tried listening to her xmas album and i think its awful apart from joy to the world maybe? and obviously the single all i want for xmas but...yeah i kinda feel people might be buying that album under false pretences. celines album is a classsic. and masterfully sung. 2 Quote
DionFanAlways Posted December 23, 2013 at 01:35 AM Posted December 23, 2013 at 01:35 AM Not TAST but Christmas related: 2 Quote I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
chocolatechip15 Posted December 23, 2013 at 03:48 AM Posted December 23, 2013 at 03:48 AM Not TAST but Christmas related:https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=8koFbx271ZY I love that video! It's filled with such joy! Especially love Celine and Rene dancing to each other! And this is definitely TAST-related -- it's the making of a song from that album! 2 Quote
DionFanAlways Posted December 23, 2013 at 10:33 AM Posted December 23, 2013 at 10:33 AM I love that video! It's filled with such joy! Especially love Celine and Rene dancing to each other! And this is definitely TAST-related -- it's the making of a song from that album!Yeah that was the cute part! 1 Quote I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
anewdayhascome Posted December 23, 2013 at 10:59 AM Posted December 23, 2013 at 10:59 AM In Poland TAST is nowhere to be found in shops and it's a pity. It could still sell well. I wish we got another live performance of The Magic Of Christmas Day or Don't Save It All For Christmas Day... Celine could still "promote" the album during Xmas period... 1 Quote A New Day... 10th & 11th November 2006 Taking Chances World Tour, Antwerp 13th & 14th May 2008, Kraków 28th June 2008 Celine 25th & 27th & 31st August 2013 20th, 23rd, 24th, 27th & 28th September 2016 Sans attendre Tour, Paris 1st & 5th December 2013 Encore un soir, Paris 24th, 25th, 28th, 29th June & 2nd, 3rd, 6th, 7th, 9th July 2016 Live 2017 Stockholm 17th June 2017 Lille 1st & 2nd July 2017 Paris 8th & 9th July 2017 Berlin 23rd & 24th July 2017 Live 2018 Taipei 11th & 13th July 2018 Manila 19th July 2018 Bangkok 23rd July 2018 BST Hyde Park London 5 July 2019
Javito Posted December 23, 2013 at 11:07 AM Posted December 23, 2013 at 11:07 AM (edited) Xmas period is already today!... There are like 2 albums of her which are very hard to find in stores, TAST and also the Au Coeur Du Stade concert. And the Olympia one (that's almost like a ghost CD LOL) Edited December 23, 2013 at 11:07 AM by Javito Quote "Hush, now... I see a light in the sky"
Timster Posted December 23, 2013 at 11:19 AM Posted December 23, 2013 at 11:19 AM Xmas period is already today!... There are like 2 albums of her which are very hard to find in stores, TAST and also the Au Coeur Du Stade concert. And the Olympia one (that's almost like a ghost CD LOL) It's strange that TAST is so hard to find, as it was re-issued here in Europe in 2009 with a new catalogue number and the new Sony Music logo, so I assume it's still being printed. Quote
LuisMa Posted December 23, 2013 at 11:46 AM Posted December 23, 2013 at 11:46 AM Xmas period is already today!... There are like 2 albums of her which are very hard to find in stores, TAST and also the Au Coeur Du Stade concert. And the Olympia one (that's almost like a ghost CD LOL) These Are Scarce Times Quote
Javito Posted December 23, 2013 at 12:02 PM Posted December 23, 2013 at 12:02 PM I guess that her french material is not so widely available in non french speaking countries And given that TAST is almost a concept album for only a specific time of the year... though I have listened to it sometimes in summer Quote "Hush, now... I see a light in the sky"
LuisMa Posted December 23, 2013 at 12:05 PM Posted December 23, 2013 at 12:05 PM I don't think I've seen any French album in Barcelona either. When 1 Fille Et 4 Types was released in my country, there was a lot of publicity for it, and even the TLDH video was played a lot, but with D'Elles things changed and there was nothing. Maybe you play Ave Maria to pray that the horrible heat goes away. 1 Quote
LuisMa Posted December 24, 2013 at 09:50 PM Posted December 24, 2013 at 09:50 PM TAST appears on today's article from Billboard about the Top selling Christmas albums of all time: A gaggle of pop divas are next in line on the all-time list: Mariah Carey's "Merry Christmas" (5.3 million, according to SoundScan), Celine Dion's "These Are Special Times" (5.2 million, per SoundScan) and Barbra Streisand's "A Christmas Album" (5 million, according to the RIAA). Carey and Dion's albums were released in 1994 and 1998, respectively. Carey's title carries the inescapable new holiday classic "All I Want For Christmas Is You," which has sold more downloads than any other holiday song ever (2.6 million). As for Streisand, her collection was first issued in 1967. It's likely that it has sold more than 5 million since its last certification in 1999, though a more exact figure is difficult to determine. To read the whole article, go to http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/chart-beat/5847879/the-top-selling-christmas-albums-of-all-time 2 Quote
CSCfan Posted December 24, 2013 at 09:55 PM Posted December 24, 2013 at 09:55 PM In short: Céline is the best. Released the latest of the 3 and only 0,1 million behind Mariah.... go Céline 1 Quote »»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» MATHIAS ««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzPrxI0AIDY
Ray Posted December 25, 2013 at 09:37 PM Posted December 25, 2013 at 09:37 PM Celine's Christmas album is easy to find here in the Netherlands. Still in the shops. Quote Céline Dion Mariah Carey Madonna Lara Fabian Debbie Gibson Wilson Phillips Linda Eder Tina Arena Martika
Critiaslux Posted December 25, 2013 at 10:23 PM Posted December 25, 2013 at 10:23 PM In short: Céline is the best. Released the latest of the 3 and only 0,1 million behind Mariah.... go Céline Well Céline TAST is definitely a classic and actually outsold Mariah's in the 00s but for the last couple of years Mariah's sales are much higher and are overtaking Celine album, I guess because of the single was indeed has really the Xmas classic of modern times. I am afraid that in the future the gap will only widen in favor of Mariah as even this year while Celine was visible with LMBTL promotion she sold far less than Mariah. But who knows? 1 Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.