VinnyT. Posted February 26, 2007 at 04:14 PM Posted February 26, 2007 at 04:14 PM Please tell me somebody recorded the red carpet too. Did anyone get that part where that stylist, Rudolph...something, said she only good things about her outfit? I just watched it again, and people really applauded her loudly and there were some shouts too. She did a hell of a job with this song! Do you realize that all i've been doing today is downloading Celine pics from last night? <{POST_SNAPBACK}> watch it here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9gs_oaupOM Quote For Exclusive News "Like Us" on Facebook http://i44.tinypic.com/vfjwad.jpg click on the banner
Teodora Posted February 26, 2007 at 04:15 PM Posted February 26, 2007 at 04:15 PM Please tell me somebody recorded the red carpet too. Did anyone get that part where that stylist, Rudolph...something, said she only good things about her outfit? I just watched it again, and people really applauded her loudly and there were some shouts too. She did a hell of a job with this song! Do you realize that all i've been doing today is downloading Celine pics from last night? <{POST_SNAPBACK}>watch it here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9gs_oaupOM<{POST_SNAPBACK}>Thanks. I did watch it live. I want the recording Quote
Loup_garou Posted February 26, 2007 at 04:16 PM Posted February 26, 2007 at 04:16 PM OMG!!! Morricone and Céline all over the Italian news. Morricone said he was so touched by Céline's perfect performance that he couldn't speak when he came on stage to get the award! He said she sang so well. <{POST_SNAPBACK}> Just about ALL I want/care to hear about the performance Her Best OSCAR performance yet!!! and the most emotional in quite a loooooong time she was great Quote
Koolan Posted February 26, 2007 at 04:18 PM Posted February 26, 2007 at 04:18 PM Please tell me somebody recorded the red carpet too. Did anyone get that part where that stylist, Rudolph...something, said she only good things about her outfit? I just watched it again, and people really applauded her loudly and there were some shouts too. She did a hell of a job with this song! Do you realize that all i've been doing today is downloading Celine pics from last night? <{POST_SNAPBACK}>We got 2 videos from ABC, one from E! and one from Canal+ (French channel). Quote Please support the forum by ordering through our Amazon.com referral link below. Click here to go to the Amazon homepage.
delo3934 Posted February 26, 2007 at 04:22 PM Posted February 26, 2007 at 04:22 PM You know what, people just will never be satisfied. To tell you the truth it was beautiful performance. Why does it always have to be something with perfection. She flew from vegas, and me .being a singer i know how distances and weather changes can have an effect on your voice. She did a great job, it was moving and regardless if the general public remembers it or not, her fans will. Its just really unfair that a person who has been singing fantastically for the last 26 years constantly has to prove she's still fantastic when we have her performances and her music to stand by. So what that she cracked a little, she went on you guys should be proud in stead of the possibility of her breaking down because that happened. She did her best and it was great. And yes her voice has changed, but deffinitely for the better and not rediculously for the worst as soom forum members have said. I just don't understand how mean some people can be. Its just so sad se still has to constantly prove she's good to some of us. Girl can sing alright, girl CAN SING AND DEFINITELY AS WELL. Give her a break seriously Quote
Teodora Posted February 26, 2007 at 04:22 PM Posted February 26, 2007 at 04:22 PM Ok, I watched that montage. I wasn't talking about that guy, I saw another one, Rudolph Duke, I believe. It's cool this guy also said really nice things about her. The woman however was green with envy Quote
Celcool Posted February 26, 2007 at 04:26 PM Posted February 26, 2007 at 04:26 PM Still waiting for the video, I don't want to download the mp3, I want to see and hear at the same time. Quote
lee Posted February 26, 2007 at 04:27 PM Posted February 26, 2007 at 04:27 PM aw it was so amazing i saw the 79th acadamy awards last night on sky moveies 1 uk celine arrived with her mom wearing a long green dress low cut and with dimond curves at the hip she looked amazing then later changed into a blush pink flowing dress for her performance she lookid amazing and sounded perfect voice the jewels she wore were also beautifull.......oh i just love her. did anyone else see it wots your thoughts? Quote
VinnyT. Posted February 26, 2007 at 04:28 PM Posted February 26, 2007 at 04:28 PM Ok, I watched that montage. I wasn't talking about that guy, I saw another one, Rudolph Duke, I believe. It's cool this guy also said really nice things about her. The woman however was green with envy <{POST_SNAPBACK}>yeah she was not so nice to her but the guy was kind! Quote For Exclusive News "Like Us" on Facebook http://i44.tinypic.com/vfjwad.jpg click on the banner
kathyc25 Posted February 26, 2007 at 04:29 PM Posted February 26, 2007 at 04:29 PM OMG!! She looked BE-A-UTIFUL! And You know what I think she sounded great. I think it was a very heart felt performance...nerves and all. Not a fan of her Vanity Fair dress, but oh well, she was having fun . Thanks to all for the pics and video. Quote Music Is Life...Live ItYou are the music while the music lasts. ~T.S. Eliot"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." ~ Walt Disney
Ted Posted February 26, 2007 at 04:32 PM Posted February 26, 2007 at 04:32 PM Nobody mentioned the necklace while she performing. It's beautiful and it sparkles so much. Quote http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y46/tedxyz/Untitled-TrueColor-02.jpg
thevoice Posted February 26, 2007 at 04:34 PM Posted February 26, 2007 at 04:34 PM the price of that necklace is 5 million$$$ Quote
VinnyT. Posted February 26, 2007 at 04:39 PM Posted February 26, 2007 at 04:39 PM OMG!! She looked BE-A-UTIFUL! And You know what I think she sounded great. I think it was a very heart felt performance...<{POST_SNAPBACK}> yeah great performance many italian medias celine she was "the cherry on the cake" Quote For Exclusive News "Like Us" on Facebook http://i44.tinypic.com/vfjwad.jpg click on the banner
Celcool Posted February 26, 2007 at 04:41 PM Posted February 26, 2007 at 04:41 PM Nobody mentioned the necklace while she performing. It's beautiful and it sparkles so much. <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Wow, she looks absolutely gorgeous!! Love the dress! Very classy. Quote
zanif Posted February 26, 2007 at 04:49 PM Posted February 26, 2007 at 04:49 PM i'm just copying and pasting these celine reviews i found from the net and unfortunately, all of them are bad. Then Celine Dion sang the "world premiere" of a Morricone-penned song called "I Knew I Loved You." Unfortunately it sounded like the theme from "Titanic" and every other song she ever sang. - Washington Post Oh, Lord, please don't be Celine Dion. Don't forsake us now! - San Francisco Chronicle As Jennifer Hudson observed, "Look what God can do!": I've still got enough backed-up time left on my Tivo that I can fast-forward through Celine Dion singing, thus sparing my equipment and my ears exposure to evil Dion rays. - Huffington Post Oddities included: Allowing Celine Dion to sing "I Knew I Love You," before a billion people, as part of a tribute to Italian composer Ennio Morricone, who wrote the song, which Dion reportedly (and conveniently) plans to include on an upcoming album. - Philadelphia Daily Then there was Celine Dion. The Oscars usually fail most spectacularly when they stray away from the movies themselves, and taking a great piece of music (from Leone's "Once Upon a Time in America") and putting some lyrics into the mouth of Celine Dion was just a bad idea. It was the night's absolute low point. - Chicago Sun Times Be damned these papers!!!!!! Quote
kathyc25 Posted February 26, 2007 at 04:50 PM Posted February 26, 2007 at 04:50 PM People were saying she wore 4 different dresses? I saw the green, the peach, the vanity fair gold...where`s the other? Quote Music Is Life...Live ItYou are the music while the music lasts. ~T.S. Eliot"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." ~ Walt Disney
Teodora Posted February 26, 2007 at 05:02 PM Posted February 26, 2007 at 05:02 PM i'm just copying and pasting these celine reviews i found from the net and unfortunately, all of them are bad. Then Celine Dion sang the "world premiere" of a Morricone-penned song called "I Knew I Loved You." Unfortunately it sounded like the theme from "Titanic" and every other song she ever sang. - Washington Post Oh, Lord, please don't be Celine Dion. Don't forsake us now! - San Francisco Chronicle As Jennifer Hudson observed, "Look what God can do!": I've still got enough backed-up time left on my Tivo that I can fast-forward through Celine Dion singing, thus sparing my equipment and my ears exposure to evil Dion rays. - Huffington Post Oddities included: Allowing Celine Dion to sing "I Knew I Love You," before a billion people, as part of a tribute to Italian composer Ennio Morricone, who wrote the song, which Dion reportedly (and conveniently) plans to include on an upcoming album. - Philadelphia Daily Then there was Celine Dion. The Oscars usually fail most spectacularly when they stray away from the movies themselves, and taking a great piece of music (from Leone's "Once Upon a Time in America") and putting some lyrics into the mouth of Celine Dion was just a bad idea. It was the night's absolute low point. - Chicago Sun Times Be damned these papers!!!!!!<{POST_SNAPBACK}>You guys....Stop reading such stupid things. People saw it for themselves, they know it was good. You have to get used to the fact that Celine will always be ridiculed by the media, no matter what her performace is, because that's the only way those stupid papers can sell something: writing bad things about nice people. Ennio said more than once how amazing Celine was. I take the word of a music expert any time over that of a frustrated journalist that has no idea what music is and just wants to pick on the most famous name out there. Quote
VinnyT. Posted February 26, 2007 at 05:06 PM Posted February 26, 2007 at 05:06 PM i'm just copying and pasting these celine reviews i found from the net and unfortunately, all of them are bad. Then Celine Dion sang the "world premiere" of a Morricone-penned song called "I Knew I Loved You." Unfortunately it sounded like the theme from "Titanic" and every other song she ever sang. - Washington Post Oh, Lord, please don't be Celine Dion. Don't forsake us now! - San Francisco Chronicle As Jennifer Hudson observed, "Look what God can do!": I've still got enough backed-up time left on my Tivo that I can fast-forward through Celine Dion singing, thus sparing my equipment and my ears exposure to evil Dion rays. - Huffington Post Oddities included: Allowing Celine Dion to sing "I Knew I Love You," before a billion people, as part of a tribute to Italian composer Ennio Morricone, who wrote the song, which Dion reportedly (and conveniently) plans to include on an upcoming album. - Philadelphia Daily Then there was Celine Dion. The Oscars usually fail most spectacularly when they stray away from the movies themselves, and taking a great piece of music (from Leone's "Once Upon a Time in America") and putting some lyrics into the mouth of Celine Dion was just a bad idea. It was the night's absolute low point. - Chicago Sun Times Be damned these papers!!!!!!<{POST_SNAPBACK}>You guys....Stop reading such stupid things. People saw it for themselves, they know it was good. You have to get used to the fact that Celine will always be ridiculed by the media, no matter what her performace is, because that's the only way those stupid papers can sell something: writing bad things about nice people. Ennio said more than once how amazing Celine was. I take the word of a music expert any time over that of a frustrated journalist that has no idea what music is and just wants to pick on the most famous name out there.<{POST_SNAPBACK}>and as italian we know that Ennio is not a "sweet" person sometimes he has rude ways of acting he just considers few people in showbiz and i can say celine touched his heart he is repeating that to all the italian medias Quote For Exclusive News "Like Us" on Facebook http://i44.tinypic.com/vfjwad.jpg click on the banner
Epoenah Posted February 26, 2007 at 05:10 PM Posted February 26, 2007 at 05:10 PM did anyone catch the dress celine chaged into after she performed and went back to her seat for the rest of the show. i only caught a 2 second glimpse of her but i think it was a strapless beige or light pink gown Quote
Andrei Dion Posted February 26, 2007 at 05:11 PM Posted February 26, 2007 at 05:11 PM THANKS A LOT FOR THE HD PICTURES!!!!! OMG. SHE LOOKS SO WONDERFUL HER LIVE PERFORMANCE YTESTERDAY WAS OUTSTANDING TO ME I DO NOT CARE WHAT POECE OF PAPERS ARE SAYING ;D Quote AMO CÉLINE CADA VEZ MAIS!!!
Loup_garou Posted February 26, 2007 at 05:12 PM Posted February 26, 2007 at 05:12 PM Please Vinny please keep coming those italian comments that on this case are the only ones that matter with Ennio's opinion Quote
Bullet Posted February 26, 2007 at 05:14 PM Posted February 26, 2007 at 05:14 PM Some of those bad reviews are from people who don't like Celine to start with. And to write something, they always say something negative about her. BUT she got tons of GREAT REVIEWS!!! From what she wore to her singing. Please don't focus on the negative. I think this year's Oscar is good for Celine's reputation. She was amazing! Quote
Teodora Posted February 26, 2007 at 05:15 PM Posted February 26, 2007 at 05:15 PM did anyone catch the dress celine chaged into after she performed and went back to her seat for the rest of the show. i only caught a 2 second glimpse of her but i think it was a strapless beige or light pink gown<{POST_SNAPBACK}>To me, it didn't look like she changed. She had the same necklace, the dress seemed the same. I think it was the same as the dress she performed in. I think she saw no point, after all, to change completely when there was only about 2 hours to the parties, where she had to change in the short dress. Quote
xo1hrt4celineox Posted February 26, 2007 at 05:16 PM Posted February 26, 2007 at 05:16 PM Please tell me somebody recorded the red carpet too. Did anyone get that part where that stylist, Rudolph...something, said she only good things about her outfit? I just watched it again, and people really applauded her loudly and there were some shouts too. She did a hell of a job with this song! Do you realize that all i've been doing today is downloading Celine pics from last night? <{POST_SNAPBACK}>watch it here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9gs_oaupOM<{POST_SNAPBACK}> Yay!! Ahh, I'm sitting at work right now watching this stuff since I missed it last night and hoolllly heck she looked great!!! Ps. slightly off topic but does anyone else want to scream and giggle uncontrolably when she's being interviewed in this clip by Ryan Secrest (about 4 min mark) and she says "there's a big possibility of me touring the world" ahhhhhhhhhhh i could die!!! (and yes, i knooow theres a whooooole topic for it.) Quote . . .Live to Love Celine Dion <3http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i294/xo1hrt4celineox/java05.jpghttp://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i294/xo1hrt4celineox/8839047.png
Davey84 Posted February 26, 2007 at 05:19 PM Posted February 26, 2007 at 05:19 PM i'm just copying and pasting these celine reviews i found from the net and unfortunately, all of them are bad. Then Celine Dion sang the "world premiere" of a Morricone-penned song called "I Knew I Loved You." Unfortunately it sounded like the theme from "Titanic" and every other song she ever sang. - Washington Post Oh, Lord, please don't be Celine Dion. Don't forsake us now! - San Francisco Chronicle As Jennifer Hudson observed, "Look what God can do!": I've still got enough backed-up time left on my Tivo that I can fast-forward through Celine Dion singing, thus sparing my equipment and my ears exposure to evil Dion rays. - Huffington Post Oddities included: Allowing Celine Dion to sing "I Knew I Love You," before a billion people, as part of a tribute to Italian composer Ennio Morricone, who wrote the song, which Dion reportedly (and conveniently) plans to include on an upcoming album. - Philadelphia Daily Then there was Celine Dion. The Oscars usually fail most spectacularly when they stray away from the movies themselves, and taking a great piece of music (from Leone's "Once Upon a Time in America") and putting some lyrics into the mouth of Celine Dion was just a bad idea. It was the night's absolute low point. - Chicago Sun Times Be damned these papers!!!!!!<{POST_SNAPBACK}> If Céline was an American... they would be so positive, it would make you sick! Céline sounded amazing and looked fantastic! People should get a life Quote http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v75/daveyh84/incognito198701_zpsaaootxh1.jpgRick, ik hou van jou voor altijd!A New Day... has come 28/29 April & 2/3 May 07Antwerpen 13 et 14 mai,Paris 24 et 25 mai, Amsterdam 2 juinet Arras 7 juillet Chances Taken!!!How Do You Keep The Music Playing? - Celine Opening Night March 15th, March 16th
Teodora Posted February 26, 2007 at 05:20 PM Posted February 26, 2007 at 05:20 PM Here! Read a great review! CÉLINE DION SUR SCÈNE AUX OSCARSÀ grand musicien, grande chanteuseAgnès GaudetLe Journal de Montréal26-02-2007 | 10h24 Devant la faune du cinéma américain, Céline Dion a livré hier aux Oscars une performance magistrale, près du coeur. Céline a relevé le défi et livré la marchandise. Peu importent les Jack Nicholson, Cameron Diaz, Meryl Streep, Penélope Cruz, Leonardo DiCaprio et Martin Scorsese, les yeux rivés sur elle au parterre du Kodak Theatre, et peu importe le glacial tapis rouge (environ 12 °C), qui l'a laissée congelée, la chanteuse a rendu un fier hommage au compositeur Ennio Morricone. «J'étais un peu nerveuse au début, mais moins qu'à la répétition d'hier, a confié Céline tout de suite après sa performance et une entrevue accordée à la populaire émission Oprah. Juste avant d'entrer en scène, j'ai rencontré Clint Eastwood - ça se peut pas! - et je suis allée voir Ennio Morricone pour lui dire que j'allais faire confiance à mon instrument (sa voix) et chanter avec mon coeur.» Chanter pour René Devant le gratin hollywoodien, Céline n'était pas seule. Ses quelques proches collaborateurs, en coulisses, la soutenaient, et René et Maman Dion, dans la salle, retenaient leur souffle. La présence de René dans la salle est primordiale: «J'ai cherché mon amour des yeux, mais je ne l'ai pas trouvé. J'ai chanté pour Ennio Morricone, mais je chante aussi toujours pour René, ma mère et mon fils.» La chanteuse se savait aussi supportée par les Québécois, nombreux à suivre sa performance à la télé: «Savoir qu'ils sont à l'écoute me porte», déclarait-elle au Journal de Montréal la veille de sa performance. «Après, la pression tombe. Des événements comme ceux-là nous portent jusqu'à deux jours après l'événement.» Assez de nerfs Chacune des trois journées où Céline a répété sa chanson I Knew I Loved You sur la scène du Kodak Theatre, le Journal était dans la salle. Chaque fois, la chanteuse était d'un professionnalisme irréprochable et tout son talent irradiait. Hier soir, elle s'est surpassée. Mais la perfectionniste qu'est Céline est-elle elle-même fière de sa performance? «Il y a deux façons de juger une performance: vocalement et dans son ensemble», a pris le temps de nous expliquer la chanteuse. «Vocalement, je suis rarement satisfaite, ajoute-t-elle, mais dans l'ensemble, je suis fière d'avoir eu les nerfs assez forts pour passer au travers. J'ai même osé regarder tout le monde dans la salle!» «Céline est très autocritique, estime Suzanne Gingue, directrice de production québécoise qui accompagne la chanteuse depuis le début de sa carrière. Pour elle, plein de détails sont importants, des choses que nous ne remarquons même pas. Souvent, elle compense la technique avec sa voix et elle est la seule à le savoir. «Par contre, ajoute Suzanne Gingue, quand elle a réussi sa performance, quand c'était à son goût, elle est capable de prendre le mérite.» Quote
Andrei Dion Posted February 26, 2007 at 05:20 PM Posted February 26, 2007 at 05:20 PM OMG, I CANT WAIT FOR THE UPCOMING VIDEOS! Quote AMO CÉLINE CADA VEZ MAIS!!!
Bullet Posted February 26, 2007 at 05:26 PM Posted February 26, 2007 at 05:26 PM Great article from the Journal de Montréal!! THANKS Also, please don't forget to vote for Celine on this CTV website (on the right hand side) as she needs more votes!! http://www.ctv.ca/home Quote
Johana Posted February 26, 2007 at 05:32 PM Posted February 26, 2007 at 05:32 PM (edited) some pics: Edited February 26, 2007 at 05:36 PM by Catharina Quote http://www.freewebs.com/celinetime/Graphics/Signatures/Angelonearth-sig.jpg
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.