Jump to content

Celine sung I Knew I Loved You @ 2007 Oscars


Recommended Posts

Posted
I has the chance to see her live on TV. What an amazing performance she did!
I'll always be with you
Posted
she was great and the dress was amazing, the hair everything ,but why she does things with her face while singing that makes her look bad although she can be pretty,like when she said with youuuuuu at the end why with that way,i mean i was watching with my friend and they were saying that she must not make all these reactions and it's not in place i think it's easy she can do that ?but she was very beautiful
Posted

Nathalie Petrowski was on the Oscar yesterday and she talk with Celine a little bit. Maman Dion would prefer to watch the ceremony in her hotel room but she says that it's probaly the last time she can go. Celine says last time she come with her father.. And Celine says it's was cold outside but she says that a popular singer can do everything except cover her LOL

 

Here's the original article in french:

Céline Dion s'est amenée peu de temps après, les bras nus, frissonnant dans une robe vert tendre de Gallano (à ne pas confondre avec Galliano), un serpent de diamants autour du poignet. À sa droite, il y avait René Angélil et à sa gauche, maman Dion qui m'a avoué qu'elle aurait préféré regarder les Oscars dans sa chambre d'hôtel, ajoutant «mais comme c'est peut-être la dernière fois que je viens, aussi bien être avec le monde.» Céline pour sa part m'a rappelé que c'était la cinquième fois qu'elle chantait aux Oscars, que la dernière fois, son père l'accompagnait. Puis elle a regardé avec envie mon châle en se plaignant gentiment du froid et du fait que les chanteuses populaires ont tous les droits sauf de se couvrir aux Oscars.

http://static-illicoweb.videotron.com/illicoweb/static/webtv/images/content/player/TVA_Celine_Dion_Sans_Attendre_Vf_WT_Poster.jpg
Posted

Vanity Fair Party pictures without tags

 

http://img179.imageshack.us/img179/3876/12915474km3.jpg

http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/6870/12924690op2.jpg

http://static-illicoweb.videotron.com/illicoweb/static/webtv/images/content/player/TVA_Celine_Dion_Sans_Attendre_Vf_WT_Poster.jpg
Posted

I downloaded the performance and I must say it was amazing. My heart was beating so fast last night it was a blur. I really appreciate it much more tonight. Her appearance was beautiful and her voice was awesome. It is hard song to sing but Celine did it. Nobody could sing it but Celine. :in_love: :in_love: :in_love:

Thanks Vic for getting this for us. :) :D :)

Posted
Damn the haters!

Please support the forum by ordering everything through our special Amazon.com link

Click here. Thank you!

Posted
The People Magazine Poll is just for the outfit that she wore to the Vanity Fair Party so that's not so bad. I much prefer the first two dresses over this one.
Posted
The People Magazine Poll is just for the outfit that she wore to the Vanity Fair Party so that's not so bad.  I much prefer the first two dresses over this one.

 

Me too :)

 

The Vanity Fair outfit isn't my favorite :confused:

Posted (edited)
Vote LOVE IT on People magazine site:

 

 

6% love it

94% hate it  :ermm:

 

Hm......To tell you the truth.....I don't think this dress was the best choice. Looks a little weird to me (yet still I voted LOVE IT *lol*).....OK, it doesn't look bad, but the shoes totally ruin it :shocking: They look pretty scary :lmao:

Edited by anja_celine

Les jours avec et les jours sans, c'est la pluie après le beau temps

Je peux vous dire droit dans les yeux, qu'avec le pire j'ai fait au mieux.

Posted
Thats so unfair though!! She wore two stunning dresses and they pick the Lanvin one to post on the poll.

I live my life like a runaway

I hide my dreams in a special place

I'm waiting here for my prince to come

To save me from the darkness...

Posted
Why Oprah didn't interview Celine on backstage?

Please support the forum by ordering everything through our special Amazon.com link

Click here. Thank you!

Posted (edited)
Wow, took me a while to catch up since the last time I posted.

 

I woke up feeling even more tired that I was when I went to bed but I was feeling so happy. I had a huge smile GLUED to my face the whole day. Even my friends noticed. After lunchtime we missed a class (because I was exhausted and my friends were lazy) and I showed my friends the forum and the pics from yesterday and they were stunned by how gorgeous Celine looked.

 

Some friends who watched the show came to congratulate for Celine's beautiful performance LOLOL!!!! I was so proud.

 

I decided that I don't care anymore if you think it was pointless, awful or boring. I couldn't care less. It meant a lot for me. I know what I look for in a performance. Definately not perfection. I look for emotion (not just for Celine but also for my other passions-I couldn't care less for the perfect figure skating program, I love the emotional ones!). With Celine it has always been about the emotion. That's why I am a fan for almost 19 years. Celine herself said "Perfection is boring". I couldn't agree more.

 

Celine made a lot of fans happy last night. She made people feel very emotional, both fans and non-fans. And she touched Morricone's heart- it was his time to shine after all! That's what counts for her, it's always been. I BET she would be much more happier reading the emotion of the fans instead of 1000 perfect reviews from the journalists.

 

Now I'm going to watch the video and sleep early today because I'm still tired. I want to thank to everybody who shared the joy last night. I had such a great time with you guys! Thanks for the videos and the pictures, really, from the bottom of the heart. T

 

This will be the year of Celine and we're just GETTING STARTED!!!

 

PS- I just want to had Love deserves an award for his amazing posts! Thank you for giving a balance view to this forum. We needed that, really!

Totally agree with you Monica. I can't count anymore how many times I've listening to that song and it brough me - each time - lots of emotions to me. I was sure that Celine would be very touched by that song - singing it live - and I'm so proud of her, she did an amazing job, very deep! :)

Ps: Sophan is surelly a very nice guy!!! :)

 

Thank you Monica and Tati for your kindest words! :) :flowers: :flowers: :flowers:

 

For a person who has just sung a song in front of a billion people, it is my honor to congratulate them with praises and to find all the positive things I can say about them! We honor you, Celine!

 

Another Reflection: Last night, as I sat there and watched the Oscars, I thought to myself, with some realization because I am a film student and a small filmmaker. So, I scratched my head slowly, wondering about the Oscars, and asking, "This is it? This is the greatest for filmmakers and people in the movie industry?" It was nice to see how their high definition cameras really picked up the beauty of the Kodak Theatre and those thousands of beautifully dressed nominees, their families, their friends, and their admirers. "This is it?," I asked myself again. Then, Tom Cruise came up to present the Jean Hersholt Humanitarian Award to Sherry Lansing. Watching the short documentary on Sherry's support of humanity, I was moved to tears realizing how one powerful woman used her ability to create multiple non-profit organizations as helping hands for humanity. Then, for her to quit Hollywood to devote her life for the betterment of humanity, is even more amazing. When the nominees for Best Supporting Actress were announced and there were silence as 5 screens were split on the television. Then, Jennifer Hudson's name was announced and I literally jumped with joy. It's amazing how the Power of the Dream could be realized, could be achieved, and could come true! A girl who was yesterday in a very humbled position, turned into a star overnight. She could never forget two things: her faith and her family. Then, later on, when Maestro Ennio Morricone received his Honorary Oscar for his incredible career and influence on film through the magic of his composition and music direction, as a musician, I felt ever the more touched. Then, adding to that, Celine sang a song with boldness in its simplicity, with power in its subtleness, with confidence in its humbleness, and with love in its wholesomeness. I was moved. Then I realized because of these four moments last night, I felt the magic of the Oscars!

Edited by Love,
Posted
Thank you everyone for the photos and videos. I'm still overwhelmed by everything. :w00t: :wub:

"Today, I’m a person on a path of connecting with my source and understanding that I am on the leading edge of creation.."

Posted (edited)

Here's Ennio in the Oscars Press Room, where he received a few questions regarding Celine.

 

To get, click on the following link:

http://oscar.com/video/index?channel=3684

 

Click, under "Press Room" choose "Honorary" :D

 

Edited by Love,
Posted
Well it's different if you are nominated. Journalists usually need to first get an interview with the nominees...

 

But here's a cute interview from a Canadian station. Celine forgets the name of the Tribute Album to Ennio Morricone... and she asks Rene what it is! So cute!  (go to the middle of the page, on the right side  under "E Talk", you'll see her name... http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/stor...name=oscars2007

I just loved this is interview. Celine and Rene were so cute! Look at their hands :wub: I love it that Rene wanted to step back and let her talk, but she just hang on to his hand :wub: I just love them!

And about all those bad reviews. Who the hell cares! Yes, they hate her cause she's bigger than any other star out there and because she sells out shows and sells millions of records with no promotion and with bad reviews. Forget about them. Ignoring them it's the best thing you can do. Just don't click on those links anymore, you'd only make them think they're successful because they write bad things about her....

Posted
Why Oprah didn't interview Celine on backstage?

Who said that? The Journal de Montreal said Oprah interviewed Céline. :o

 

BTW, here is a mix of Céline all over the Italian news: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f__woWWLj4E

 

:in_love:

yeah and around 1.53 of this mix video u can hear morricone saying he was touched by celine that's why he was so emotional! :P

For Exclusive News "Like Us" on Facebook

 

http://i44.tinypic.com/vfjwad.jpg

click on the banner

Posted (edited)
Celine's gonna have to keep the performances coming now if she wants a big english album! that Oscars performance was forgettable tbh. Maybe make a few appearences on Jay Leno or Oprah to talk about what's going to happen during the final year of AND: new songs etc.... Edited by krazy_kool_dude
http://img345.imageshack.us/img345/4136/siggyju5.jpg
Posted
Celine's gonna have to keep the performances coming now if she wants a big english album! that Oscars performance was forgettable tbh. Maybe make a few appearences on Jay Leno or Oprah to talk about what's going to happen during the final year of AND: new songs etc....

Don't you get it? It really doesn't matter what she does, those papers will still write bad things about her. You have to be deaf and not know a thing about music to say Celine's performance at the Oscars was bad. It's not a hit song, yes, it's not catchy, yes. Well guess what? It's an old melody, it's from a movie, it wasn't really meant to have a voice over. But it does, and it sounds great, and Celine was great, they are just never going to admit Celine is great, because they think that makes them "cool".

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...