Jump to content

Celine sung I Knew I Loved You @ 2007 Oscars


Recommended Posts

Posted
Oh god, thanks for the caps :D
http://static-illicoweb.videotron.com/illicoweb/static/webtv/images/content/player/TVA_Celine_Dion_Sans_Attendre_Vf_WT_Poster.jpg
Posted

i can kill the oscar producers...

wish she had performed on a better set....with movie behind

the new high definition cameras scared me ....

 

celine's make up was kinda wrong for that lights...

 

and she had a great voice...but the scenario/set seemed like a last hour performance and we know this was noticed months ago.

Posted
Oh God, I don't even try to understand some of you...

 

It was a beautiful moment. It really touched my heart like no other Oscar performance. I can't explain. It just touched my heart. It was sweet and emotional. Celine's expression and body language said it all. Her dress was wonderful, her smile was wonderful and her bow in the end was so elegant. was beautiful. It was wonderful. It was magical. I won't ever forget this.

 

I wish some of you learned that the sucess of a performance it's not about how many high notes are hitten. It's a whole package. It's the hole emotion. I'm sorry many people don't seem to have the heart to enjoy the whole thing and prefer to pick the little unsignificant things. You have no idea of what you're missing.

 

THANK YOU CELINE. I'm tired as hell, probably will fall asleep in the classroom tomorrow but IT WAS WORTH IT, IT WAS BEAUTIFUL and I'd wait again and again. THANK YOU CELINE!!!! I'M SO PROUD OF YOU.

I tottaly agree with you Monica. And that's what I'm a big fan of her, not because of what she cna do with her voice- high notes - but the way she feels the songs she sings - as a singer - and of course I like her not because of what she has but because of wha she IS.

I have to say that - yes it was beautiful so beautiful that I really wished it was longer!!!! heheheh more Celine!!! She was incredible!!!!! I love everything - she was very nervous, I could see & feel it. I knew she would be nervous and touched by this song 'cause it's simply beautiful and that song is the story of her love story with Rene hehehe beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

I'm sorry for saying it but I really think if Ennio were american I'm sure Celine's perfomance would be longer.... anyway... but still it was very beautiful, so emotiocional I just LOVE that song so much!!!!

I can't say it was the best performance at the Oscar though cause I really thing each was special on its way.

no beacuse he is not american :P they edited all the song also from dreamgirls they made a medley :flowers:

Yeah but many songs altogether not only one. I still think it was too short. Beautiful amazing but too short.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v215/tativale/lildoll.gif

"Sometimes we talk with our eyes and it says more than 10,000 words" moi

It's always possible to change!

Vive le Québec

"On ne grandit pas, on pousse un peu, tout juste, les temps d'un rêve, d'un songe,
Et les toucher du doigt, Mais on n'oublie pas, L'enfant qui reste, presque nu, les
instants d'innocence, Quand on savait pas... On ne change pas..."

Posted
http://img511.imageshack.us/img511/8269/ikilyak2.jpg

 

:wub:

 

ohh, can't get over how fabulous she looks! :in_love:

 

Thanks for the caps!

Posted
I posted it, but an administrator has yet to 'accept' it.

 

OMG!! Bless you! :wub: :in_love:

Dammit Vic! HURRY UP!!

LMAO. :lmao: Don't take it the wrong way. I love you still. But, I'll love you even more if you'd scurry the bunny.

 

(See... this is me on Oscar night.... dangerous to be around :giggle: )

http://i58.tinypic.com/2qbub9c.png

 

@ErikaTran | Insta: aireexwp | erikatran.com

Posted
i don't understand how some people on here  can say how its "not about how well she sang, but the overall perforamce"? i mean YES she looked beautiful, and YES she was classy and elegant. but vocally she wasnt very good . and not for nothing she is a SINGER, so that is the most important aspect of the performance. she's not an actress or model so its not about how great she looked or how much emotion and grace she showed. yes they both are important aspects but she is still celine dion... the vocalist.

 

I disagree

AMO CÉLINE CADA VEZ MAIS!!!
Posted
i don't understand how some people on here  can say how its "not about how well she sang, but the overall perforamce"? i mean YES she looked beautiful, and YES she was classy and elegant. but vocally she wasnt very good . and not for nothing she is a SINGER, so that is the most important aspect of the performance. she's not an actress or model so its not about how great she looked or how much emotion and grace she showed. yes they both are important aspects but she is still celine dion... the vocalist.

 

I disagree

 

Ditto. She was amazing. She made my emotionless sister cry. :lmao:

http://i58.tinypic.com/2qbub9c.png

 

@ErikaTran | Insta: aireexwp | erikatran.com

Posted (edited)
i don't understand how some people on here  can say how its "not about how well she sang, but the overall perforamce"? i mean YES she looked beautiful, and YES she was classy and elegant. but vocally she wasnt very good. and not for nothing she is a SINGER, so that is the most important aspect of the performance. she's not an actress or model so its not about how great she looked or how much emotion and grace she showed. yes they both are important aspects but she is still celine dion... the vocalist.

I still don't get it about these disappointments, and dramas, and complaints! :huh:

 

What did you (and the others) want from her?

 

You wanted her to scream her butt off, and shake her head from side to side, tossing her body all around and screwing up a performance for one of the most special nights for a man's career, where he's about to accept his lifetime achievement award?

 

This was a humbled tribute.

Lyrics written for a gentle musical score... not a bombastic diva anthem.

 

Just like David Foster said: Celine gives exactly what's needed.

 

Edited by Love,
Posted

It's the song- it's not a big bombastic song that demands a big vocal...so if anything we should be impressed by her restraint and control- by no means was it her best vocal ever but NO WAY HOSE is it 'bad', or even 'not very good'. Her voice was clear and strong and I am very excited by her performance. WELL DONE CELINE!!

 

BRING ON THE TOUR!

Posted
i don't understand how some people on here  can say how its "not about how well she sang, but the overall perforamce"? i mean YES she looked beautiful, and YES she was classy and elegant. but vocally she wasnt very good. and not for nothing she is a SINGER, so that is the most important aspect of the performance. she's not an actress or model so its not about how great she looked or how much emotion and grace she showed. yes they both are important aspects but she is still celine dion... the vocalist.

I still don't get it about these disappointments, and dramas, and complaints! :huh:

 

What did you (and the others) want from her?

 

You wanted her to scream her butt off, and shake her head from side to side, tossing her body all around and screwing up a performance for one of the most special nights for a man's career, where he's about to accept his lifetime achievement award?

 

This was a humbled tribute.

Lyrics written for a gentle musical score... not a bombastic diva anthem.

 

Just like David Foster said: Celine gives exactl what's needed.

 

 

Well said dad, well said. *Applause*

http://i58.tinypic.com/2qbub9c.png

 

@ErikaTran | Insta: aireexwp | erikatran.com

Posted
i don't understand how some people on here  can say how its "not about how well she sang, but the overall perforamce"? i mean YES she looked beautiful, and YES she was classy and elegant. but vocally she wasnt very good. and not for nothing she is a SINGER, so that is the most important aspect of the performance. she's not an actress or model so its not about how great she looked or how much emotion and grace she showed. yes they both are important aspects but she is still celine dion... the vocalist.

I still don't get it about these disappointments, and dramas, and complaints! :huh:

 

What did you (and the others) want from her?

 

You wanted her to scream her butt off, and shake her head from side to side, tossing her body all around and screwing up a performance for one of the most special nights for a man's career, where he's about to accept his lifetime achievement award?

 

This was a humbled tribute.

Lyrics written for a gentle musical score... not a bombastic diva anthem.

 

Just like David Foster said: Celine gives exactl what's needed.

 

 

I agree :thumbsup2:

Join the Céline Dion Grεεκ Fan Club on Facebook
Posted
Exactly Love- that's what I was trying to say. CELINE DELIVERED THE MERCHANDESE
Posted
Fantastic Performance! Celine you are the best! For those of you saying that she didn't get a standing ovation, well she was singing a song as a tribute to someone else - not for her own honor. Plus this is the Oscars - Has anyone got a standing ovation tonight? - I don't thinks so! IKILY is a hard song to sing because it is such a "soft" song and I think she did great! SHE IS THE BEST SINGER IN THE WORLD!!!!
Posted
i don't understand how some people on here  can say how its "not about how well she sang, but the overall perforamce"? i mean YES she looked beautiful, and YES she was classy and elegant. but vocally she wasnt very good. and not for nothing she is a SINGER, so that is the most important aspect of the performance. she's not an actress or model so its not about how great she looked or how much emotion and grace she showed. yes they both are important aspects but she is still celine dion... the vocalist.

I still don't get it about these disappointments, and dramas, and complaints! :huh:

 

What did you (and the others) want from her?

 

You wanted her to scream her butt off, and shake her head from side to side, tossing her body all around and screwing up a performance for one of the most special nights for a man's career, where he's about to accept his lifetime achievement award?

 

This was a humbled tribute.

Lyrics written for a gentle musical score... not a bombastic diva anthem.

 

Just like David Foster said: Celine gives exactl what's needed.

 

 

I said the same thing a posts earlier but I didn't say as well as you. :thumbsup2:

Posted
i don't understand how some people on here  can say how its "not about how well she sang, but the overall perforamce"? i mean YES she looked beautiful, and YES she was classy and elegant. but vocally she wasnt very good. and not for nothing she is a SINGER, so that is the most important aspect of the performance. she's not an actress or model so its not about how great she looked or how much emotion and grace she showed. yes they both are important aspects but she is still celine dion... the vocalist.

I still don't get it about these disappointments, and dramas, and complaints! :huh:

 

What did you (and the others) want from her?

 

You wanted her to scream her butt off, and shake her head from side to side, tossing her body all around and screwing up a performance for one of the most special nights for a man's career, where he's about to accept his lifetime achievement award?

 

This was a humbled tribute.

Lyrics written for a gentle musical score... not a bombastic diva anthem.

 

Just like David Foster said: Celine gives exactly what's needed.

 

Amem Sophan!!!!! :flowers: :flowers: :flowers:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v215/tativale/lildoll.gif

"Sometimes we talk with our eyes and it says more than 10,000 words" moi

It's always possible to change!

Vive le Québec

"On ne grandit pas, on pousse un peu, tout juste, les temps d'un rêve, d'un songe,
Et les toucher du doigt, Mais on n'oublie pas, L'enfant qui reste, presque nu, les
instants d'innocence, Quand on savait pas... On ne change pas..."

Posted
My heart's melting :wub:

http://i58.tinypic.com/2qbub9c.png

 

@ErikaTran | Insta: aireexwp | erikatran.com

Posted
i don't understand how some people on here  can say how its "not about how well she sang, but the overall perforamce"? i mean YES she looked beautiful, and YES she was classy and elegant. but vocally she wasnt very good. and not for nothing she is a SINGER, so that is the most important aspect of the performance. she's not an actress or model so its not about how great she looked or how much emotion and grace she showed. yes they both are important aspects but she is still celine dion... the vocalist.

I still don't get it about these disappointments, and dramas, and complaints! :huh:

 

What did you (and the others) want from her?

 

You wanted her to scream her butt off, and shake her head from side to side, tossing her body all around and screwing up a performance for one of the most special nights for a man's career, where he's about to accept his lifetime achievement award?

 

This was a humbled tribute.

Lyrics written for a gentle musical score... not a bombastic diva anthem.

 

Just like David Foster said: Celine gives exactly what's needed.

 

 

Perfect post

AMO CÉLINE CADA VEZ MAIS!!!
Posted
Thank you, Love. Very well said!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v487/welovecelinedion/howcute5gv2.jpg

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10501;104/st/20080413/e/my+graduation/dt/4/k/f5ff/event.png

 

"And really - isn't NOT caring about what others think of you the hallmark of a cool person?"

Posted
i don't understand how some people on here  can say how its "not about how well she sang, but the overall perforamce"? i mean YES she looked beautiful, and YES she was classy and elegant. but vocally she wasnt very good. and not for nothing she is a SINGER, so that is the most important aspect of the performance. she's not an actress or model so its not about how great she looked or how much emotion and grace she showed. yes they both are important aspects but she is still celine dion... the vocalist.

I still don't get it about these disappointments, and dramas, and complaints! :huh:

 

What did you (and the others) want from her?

 

You wanted her to scream her butt off, and shake her head from side to side, tossing her body all around and screwing up a performance for one of the most special nights for a man's career, where he's about to accept his lifetime achievement award?

 

This was a humbled tribute.

Lyrics written for a gentle musical score... not a bombastic diva anthem.

 

Just like David Foster said: Celine gives exactl what's needed.

 

 

I agree :thumbsup2:

Great post!!!! :thumbsup2:

Posted
i don't understand how some people on here  can say how its "not about how well she sang, but the overall perforamce"? i mean YES she looked beautiful, and YES she was classy and elegant. but vocally she wasnt very good. and not for nothing she is a SINGER, so that is the most important aspect of the performance. she's not an actress or model so its not about how great she looked or how much emotion and grace she showed. yes they both are important aspects but she is still celine dion... the vocalist.

I still don't get it about these disappointments, and dramas, and complaints! :huh:

 

What did you (and the others) want from her?

 

You wanted her to scream her butt off, and shake her head from side to side, tossing her body all around and screwing up a performance for one of the most special nights for a man's career, where he's about to accept his lifetime achievement award?

 

This was a humbled tribute.

Lyrics written for a gentle musical score... not a bombastic diva anthem.

 

Just like David Foster said: Celine gives exactl what's needed.

 

 

I agree :thumbsup2:

 

Agree :clap:

Posted
i don't understand how some people on here  can say how its "not about how well she sang, but the overall perforamce"? i mean YES she looked beautiful, and YES she was classy and elegant. but vocally she wasnt very good. and not for nothing she is a SINGER, so that is the most important aspect of the performance. she's not an actress or model so its not about how great she looked or how much emotion and grace she showed. yes they both are important aspects but she is still celine dion... the vocalist.

I still don't get it about these disappointments, and dramas, and complaints! :huh:

 

What did you (and the others) want from her?

 

You wanted her to scream her butt off, and shake her head from side to side, tossing her body all around and screwing up a performance for one of the most special nights for a man's career, where he's about to accept his lifetime achievement award?

 

This was a humbled tribute.

Lyrics written for a gentle musical score... not a bombastic diva anthem.

 

Just like David Foster said: Celine gives exactly what's needed.

 

 

 

Well said bro - I totally agree. Celine is often criticized for "over singing" a song and now she sings a lovely subtle song and people aren't happy. I'm thrilled she performed for a HUGE audience and the exposure is incredible.

 

I loved it - great job Celine. :in_love:

~J O E Y~
Posted
all i can said is I love it!

Courage don't you dare fail me now!

post-129-1267909378_thumb.jpgpost-129-1303908160_thumb.jpg

Posted
We just saw Celine in the speech of Forest Withaker :)
http://static-illicoweb.videotron.com/illicoweb/static/webtv/images/content/player/TVA_Celine_Dion_Sans_Attendre_Vf_WT_Poster.jpg
Posted
AWWWWWWWWWW did you see Celine behind the winner's wife? YAAAAAAAAY!!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v487/welovecelinedion/howcute5gv2.jpg

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10501;104/st/20080413/e/my+graduation/dt/4/k/f5ff/event.png

 

"And really - isn't NOT caring about what others think of you the hallmark of a cool person?"

Posted
I loved her performance, and how she was dressed for the song.
For the joy of life, My passion for video gaming, and my Love for Celine Dion.
Posted
AWWWWWWWWWW did you see Celine behind the winner's wife? YAAAAAAAAY!!!

YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH :clap:

AMO CÉLINE CADA VEZ MAIS!!!
Posted

I was really happy to see Celine keeping her cool with all that stress!!! And she looked really good! It wasn't her best performance but no singer gets to sing their best at the Oscars. Everyone is too nervous!! Even the Dreamgirls and all their screaming didn't sound their best. Sure, their song is a bit more uptempo so it's not as obvious as singing alone and singing a slow and difficult song (even if there are not many high notes).

I'm happy with the results!!! And I didn't expect an ovation from the crowd as the really stand up for singers and even actors!!!

Well done Celine!!

Posted
She was AMAZING! The dresses, the make up, the hair! This time, she was PERFECT! And vocally? It was the same vocal of the album version. She was great tonight people... Nowadays, Celine's fans sucks. Always have something to criticize (sp)...
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m4ejungtQy1r9swpco6_250.gif

Posted
and the performance is not forgettable...

It was one of the most forgettable performances of Celine's entire career. We talk about MHWGO at the Oscars, All By Myself at the Grammy's or even other poor performances like LCMM at the World Music Awards where she got all weird and high pitched because they were events that stick with us, but this was just dull. Far too short, far too boring....this performance will ONLY be remembered because Celine looks mindblowing. The vocals were far too weak and the song far too short to remember it any other way.

 

and like YOU said it's not forgettable:

 

this performance will ONLY be remembered because Celine looks mindblowing

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...