Loup_garou Posted February 26, 2007 at 04:29 AM Posted February 26, 2007 at 04:29 AM I Can't wait to have this in HQ!!! but certainly I'll be looking also for Ennio's Speech to remember the whole moment!!! Simply Great, Simply Touching!!! You Go GIRL! Quote
Tal Posted February 26, 2007 at 04:29 AM Posted February 26, 2007 at 04:29 AM She looked HOT. Didn't care for the performance. She seemed really nervous, the song is just blah. Quote I live my life like a runawayI hide my dreams in a special placeI'm waiting here for my prince to comeTo save me from the darkness...
Love, Posted February 26, 2007 at 04:29 AM Posted February 26, 2007 at 04:29 AM Oh God, I don't even try to understand some of you... It was a beautiful moment. It really touched my heart like no other Oscar performance. I can't explain. It just touched my heart. It was sweet and emotional. Celine's expression and body language said it all. Her dress was wonderful, her smile was wonderful and her bow in the end was so elegant. was beautiful. It was wonderful. It was magical. I won't ever forget this. I wish some of you learned that the sucess of a performance it's not about how many high notes are hitten. It's a whole package. It's the hole emotion. I'm sorry many people don't seem to have the heart to enjoy the whole thing and prefer to pick the little unsignificant things. You have no idea of what you're missing. THANK YOU CELINE. I'm tired as hell, probably will fall asleep in the classroom tomorrow but IT WAS WORTH IT, IT WAS BEAUTIFUL and I'd wait again and again. THANK YOU CELINE!!!! I'M SO PROUD OF YOU.<{POST_SNAPBACK}>Every word you said captured my heart and how I feel! THANK YOU TO YOU! Quote
Love, Posted February 26, 2007 at 04:30 AM Posted February 26, 2007 at 04:30 AM I Can't wait to have this in HQ!!! but certainly I'll be looking also for Ennio's Speech to remember the whole moment!!! Simply Great, Simply Touching!!! You Go GIRL!<{POST_SNAPBACK}>Ennio's speech was wonderful! He didn't mention anyone's name specifically except for his wife! What a tribute! Quote
Andrei Dion Posted February 26, 2007 at 04:30 AM Posted February 26, 2007 at 04:30 AM Oh God, I don't even try to understand some of you... It was a beautiful moment. It really touched my heart like no other Oscar performance. I can't explain. It just touched my heart. It was sweet and emotional. Celine's expression and body language said it all. Her dress was wonderful, her smile was wonderful and her bow in the end was so elegant. was beautiful. It was wonderful. It was magical. I won't ever forget this. I wish some of you learned that the sucess of a performance it's not about how many high notes are hitten. It's a whole package. It's the hole emotion. I'm sorry many people don't seem to have the heart to enjoy the whole thing and prefer to pick the little unsignificant things. You have no idea of what you're missing. THANK YOU CELINE. I'm tired as hell, probably will fall asleep in the classroom tomorrow but IT WAS WORTH IT, IT WAS BEAUTIFUL and I'd wait again and again. THANK YOU CELINE!!!! I'M SO PROUD OF YOU.<{POST_SNAPBACK}> I think and feel the same way as you, Mozinha Quote AMO CÉLINE CADA VEZ MAIS!!!
CelineTheBest5 Posted February 26, 2007 at 04:31 AM Posted February 26, 2007 at 04:31 AM Oh God, I don't even try to understand some of you... It was a beautiful moment. It really touched my heart like no other Oscar performance. I can't explain. It just touched my heart. It was sweet and emotional. Celine's expression and body language said it all. Her dress was wonderful, her smile was wonderful and her bow in the end was so elegant. was beautiful. It was wonderful. It was magical. I won't ever forget this. I wish some of you learned that the sucess of a performance it's not about how many high notes are hitten. It's a whole package. It's the hole emotion. I'm sorry many people don't seem to have the heart to enjoy the whole thing and prefer to pick the little unsignificant things. You have no idea of what you're missing. THANK YOU CELINE. I'm tired as hell, probably will fall asleep in the classroom tomorrow but IT WAS WORTH IT, IT WAS BEAUTIFUL and I'd wait again and again. THANK YOU CELINE!!!! I'M SO PROUD OF YOU.<{POST_SNAPBACK}> Its sad, I agree. Fans should be proud and say better things. Poor Celine, she deserves better words after a beautiful night. Quote https://www.facebook...linedionbrazil/
OnlyCeline Posted February 26, 2007 at 04:31 AM Posted February 26, 2007 at 04:31 AM Come On GUYS.... That Was A Great Performance... Very Classy--- She Looked So GREAT With That Dress... (Penelope C. Has The Same Colour) ... THE PERFORMANCE WAS CLASSY!!! Quote http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/9860/ggxz9.jpg
celinefan1985 Posted February 26, 2007 at 04:32 AM Posted February 26, 2007 at 04:32 AM Everything about her look worked! However, nothing about the song did, from beginning to end. The song was too short, the orchestra too loud, and her vocals were off. Admitted guys, not her best. Quote
Lawna Posted February 26, 2007 at 04:33 AM Posted February 26, 2007 at 04:33 AM Oh God, I don't even try to understand some of you... It was a beautiful moment. It really touched my heart like no other Oscar performance. I can't explain. It just touched my heart. It was sweet and emotional. Celine's expression and body language said it all. Her dress was wonderful, her smile was wonderful and her bow in the end was so elegant. was beautiful. It was wonderful. It was magical. I won't ever forget this. I wish some of you learned that the sucess of a performance it's not about how many high notes are hitten. It's a whole package. It's the hole emotion. I'm sorry many people don't seem to have the heart to enjoy the whole thing and prefer to pick the little unsignificant things. You have no idea of what you're missing. THANK YOU CELINE. I'm tired as hell, probably will fall asleep in the classroom tomorrow but IT WAS WORTH IT, IT WAS BEAUTIFUL and I'd wait again and again. THANK YOU CELINE!!!! I'M SO PROUD OF YOU.<{POST_SNAPBACK}> I think and feel the same way as you, Mozinha <{POST_SNAPBACK}> I feel that way too People can't see the beauty of the picture as a whole. How unfortunate for them Quote They go crazy for you because they know you're true. --Celine Dionhttp://i830.photobucket.com/albums/zz226/Congenialdiva/myspacelink.jpgFollow Me on Twitter!Visit Me on Facebook!
OnlyCeline Posted February 26, 2007 at 04:34 AM Posted February 26, 2007 at 04:34 AM Everything about her look worked! However, nothing about the song did, from beginning to end. The song was too short, the orchestra too loud, and her vocals were off. Admitted guys, not her best.<{POST_SNAPBACK}> OK Not Her Best, But She Did GREAT PERFORMANCE Somehow.... Quote http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/9860/ggxz9.jpg
VinnyT. Posted February 26, 2007 at 04:35 AM Posted February 26, 2007 at 04:35 AM http://img511.imageshack.us/img511/8269/ikilyak2.jpg Quote For Exclusive News "Like Us" on Facebook http://i44.tinypic.com/vfjwad.jpg click on the banner
stevo Posted February 26, 2007 at 04:35 AM Posted February 26, 2007 at 04:35 AM She was SO nervous- shortened version...I liked it but her voice was defo a lil iffy at times. She looked perfect. Sweet dreams xxx Quote
Loup_garou Posted February 26, 2007 at 04:36 AM Posted February 26, 2007 at 04:36 AM As Alway she Brought Glamour & Class to the ceremony!!! Quote
celineaddictedpt Posted February 26, 2007 at 04:36 AM Posted February 26, 2007 at 04:36 AM Celine sound great and she looked amazing. <{POST_SNAPBACK}> i couldn't agree more...i'm with you!! Celine did great...some of the people may think that only if Celine was screaming it'll be perfect! for that people i don't need to say nothing...let them talk if it makes them happy!! It was a very toching performance and Celine was nervous, yes...but she did a perfect job!!! That "incandescent glowwwwww" was Quote www.fotolog.net/celineaddicted5
Celinenvegas Posted February 26, 2007 at 04:36 AM Posted February 26, 2007 at 04:36 AM hate to break it to y ou guys but i don't think there were technical difficulties... i think it was celines vocals. she was really off tonight. but its ok because she is human, shes not perfect. for all the times that she does amazing there can be a few times when she bombs<{POST_SNAPBACK}> Hmm, I wouldn't say she was off or she bombed at all. I think she did a great job and I know people will be impressed with her. The Dreamgirls cast were awesome, Beyonnce sounded better than at the Grammys. Too bad Jenn Hud couldn't sing "And I Am Telling You" but that's because the song wasn't nominated. Quote ~J O E Y~
Andrei Dion Posted February 26, 2007 at 04:36 AM Posted February 26, 2007 at 04:36 AM Everything about her look worked! However, nothing about the song did, from beginning to end. The song was too short, the orchestra too loud, and her vocals were off. Admitted guys, not her best.<{POST_SNAPBACK}> To me it was better than the other Oscars' perfoamnces. It really was.Also, the fact the song have been shorter was not a negative point to her. I didn't affect anything. her voice was off? I also surely disagree Quote AMO CÉLINE CADA VEZ MAIS!!!
LVCeline Posted February 26, 2007 at 04:37 AM Posted February 26, 2007 at 04:37 AM Did someone say it was posted in the multimedia section? I'll take a low quality at this point, because apparently my ears were stuffed with mud or something, and it's made out to be one of her worst performances. I'm dying to hear it again. Quote
karatedude317 Posted February 26, 2007 at 04:37 AM Posted February 26, 2007 at 04:37 AM (edited) Everyone has their opinion, but Celine sang the song well and completely from beginning to end. It was an honorable tribute. She looked very gorgeous!<{POST_SNAPBACK}> Celine did a great job with the song...I mean people say it's not her best, but Celine did we she could with it...a beautiful song, YES...but she couldn't do anymore than what she did. It is what it is...on the other hand, Beyonce was incredible right now. If Celine had a song like that, she would be rockin' it out like Beyonce. <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I think part of the reason some of us may be a bit disappointed about this particular performance was because there was so much hype about it. It's been news for over a month now, and extremely anticipated by all of us. In addition, the setting of this performance with millions watching makes us all the more hopeful of a performance like the great memorable live performances of years past. I think if this had been any other performance for any other show, most of us (or at least myself) wouldn't have been as disappointed about it. However, because of the hype, the show she was on, the tribute, the fact that she has an album coming up soon, and the fact that non-fans haven't seen or heard as much of her and that this would be the first performance in a while that they would have seen, on top of the fact that we wanted her to blow everyone away so that the non-fans would talk about this performance for a while and maybe even want to buy her new album because of it, that we are maybe a little more critical than usual. To sum it up, take the performance on the Jerry Lewis telethon and switch it with the one she did tonight, and I think most of us would have been extremely pleased and blow away. The performance on JL would definitely be one that we would want non-fans to see and hear. Or better yet, have the performance at the oscars sound exactly or close to the album version. Please don't misunderstand me, I'm not saying she was horrible or a disappointment. I think my expectations were a bit higher than normal. I know this song doesn't call for high notes and I wasn't expecting them. Furthermore, the reason this performance wasn't as great is NOT all her fault. Her mic was not turned up, the orchestra was too loud which drowned her out, AND the better parts of the song were cut out. Ok sorry I rambled! Edited February 26, 2007 at 04:45 AM by karatedude317 Quote
Celinemaniac Posted February 26, 2007 at 04:38 AM Posted February 26, 2007 at 04:38 AM Not even think to start the comparisons to Beyonce or other singers, cause Celine had her thing to do tonight, and it was perfectly in her "role"! We have to admitt, her "movie" was a short one! But too pity for the Oscars, not for Celine, nor for us at last! Quote Join the Céline Dion Grεεκ Fan Club on Facebook
Ted Posted February 26, 2007 at 04:38 AM Posted February 26, 2007 at 04:38 AM It's the song. Celine sings high notes normally. It's the song that doesn't call for high notes. She sang great for the type of song it is.What do you people want? Quote http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y46/tedxyz/Untitled-TrueColor-02.jpg
celinerific Posted February 26, 2007 at 04:39 AM Posted February 26, 2007 at 04:39 AM OMG. Pleaaaase tell me someone recorded the red carpet part! She is too hot! I cannot afford to miss the opporunity to see her! Absolutely not! CELIIINNNNNEEE!! (Tonight's the night when Celine fans go crazy ) Quote http://i58.tinypic.com/2qbub9c.png @ErikaTran | Insta: aireexwp | erikatran.com
Love, Posted February 26, 2007 at 04:39 AM Posted February 26, 2007 at 04:39 AM (edited) Vinny, I knew I loved you!!! http://img511.imageshack.us/img511/8269/ikilyak2.jpg <{POST_SNAPBACK}> Like I said before, Celine's voice in this song, is supposed to sound like a solo violin.She was marvelous! She's NOT supposed to scream in this song... btw... HER VOICE HAD AN AMAZING CLARITY!!! OMG. Pleaaaase tell me someone recorded the red carpet part! She is too hot! I cannot afford to miss the opporunity to see her! Absolutely not! CELIIINNNNNEEE!! (Tonight's the night when Celine fans go crazy )<{POST_SNAPBACK}> Ummmm.... where have you been, CHILD? Edited February 26, 2007 at 04:42 AM by Love, Quote
Andrei Dion Posted February 26, 2007 at 04:39 AM Posted February 26, 2007 at 04:39 AM http://img511.imageshack.us/img511/8269/ikilyak2.jpg <{POST_SNAPBACK}> OMG. THANK U SO VERY MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I DIED AGAIN AND AGAIN ETC. OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG I DO NEED THAT VIDEO! HAHAHAHA Quote AMO CÉLINE CADA VEZ MAIS!!!
Andrei Dion Posted February 26, 2007 at 04:42 AM Posted February 26, 2007 at 04:42 AM Vinny, I knew I loved you!!! <{POST_SNAPBACK}> Like I said before, Celine's voice in this song, is supposed to sound like a solo violin.Thinking about it now, she was marvelous! HER VOICE HAD AN AMAZING CLARITY!!! OMG. Pleaaaase tell me someone recorded the red carpet part! She is too hot! I cannot afford to miss the opporunity to see her! Absolutely not! CELIIINNNNNEEE!! (Tonight's the night when Celine fans go crazy )<{POST_SNAPBACK}> Ummmm.... where have you been, CHILD?<{POST_SNAPBACK}> FOR SURE IT WAS. TO ME IT WAS SO PERFECT! OUSTANDING LIVE PERFORMANCE Quote AMO CÉLINE CADA VEZ MAIS!!!
tativale Posted February 26, 2007 at 04:42 AM Posted February 26, 2007 at 04:42 AM (edited) Oh God, I don't even try to understand some of you... It was a beautiful moment. It really touched my heart like no other Oscar performance. I can't explain. It just touched my heart. It was sweet and emotional. Celine's expression and body language said it all. Her dress was wonderful, her smile was wonderful and her bow in the end was so elegant. was beautiful. It was wonderful. It was magical. I won't ever forget this. I wish some of you learned that the sucess of a performance it's not about how many high notes are hitten. It's a whole package. It's the hole emotion. I'm sorry many people don't seem to have the heart to enjoy the whole thing and prefer to pick the little unsignificant things. You have no idea of what you're missing. THANK YOU CELINE. I'm tired as hell, probably will fall asleep in the classroom tomorrow but IT WAS WORTH IT, IT WAS BEAUTIFUL and I'd wait again and again. THANK YOU CELINE!!!! I'M SO PROUD OF YOU.<{POST_SNAPBACK}>I totally agree with you Monica. And that's why I'm a big fan of her, not because of what she can do with her voice- high notes - but the way she feels the songs she sings - as a singer - and of course I like her not because of what she has but because of wha she IS.I have to say that - yes it was beautiful so beautiful that I really wished it was longer!!!! heheheh more Celine!!! She was incredible!!!!! I love everything - she was very nervous, I could see & feel it. I knew she would be nervous and touched by this song 'cause it's simply beautiful and that song is the story of her love story with Rene hehehe beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm sorry for saying it but I really think if Ennio were american I'm sure Celine's perfomance would be longer.... anyway... but still it was very beautiful, so emotiocional I just LOVE that song so much!!!! I can't say it was the best performance at the Oscar though cause I really thing each was special on its way. Edited February 26, 2007 at 04:45 AM by tativale Quote http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v215/tativale/lildoll.gif"Sometimes we talk with our eyes and it says more than 10,000 words" moiIt's always possible to change! Vive le Québec"On ne grandit pas, on pousse un peu, tout juste, les temps d'un rêve, d'un songe,Et les toucher du doigt, Mais on n'oublie pas, L'enfant qui reste, presque nu, lesinstants d'innocence, Quand on savait pas... On ne change pas..."
celinerific Posted February 26, 2007 at 04:43 AM Posted February 26, 2007 at 04:43 AM Vinny, I knew I loved you!!! http://img511.imageshack.us/img511/8269/ikilyak2.jpg <{POST_SNAPBACK}> Like I said before, Celine's voice in this song, is supposed to sound like a solo violin.Thinking about it now, she was marvelous! HER VOICE HAD AN AMAZING CLARITY!!! OMG. Pleaaaase tell me someone recorded the red carpet part! She is too hot! I cannot afford to miss the opporunity to see her! Absolutely not! CELIIINNNNNEEE!! (Tonight's the night when Celine fans go crazy )<{POST_SNAPBACK}> Ummmm.... where have you been, CHILD?<{POST_SNAPBACK}> Well, in the papers it said it started at 8 PM. So, I tunned in at 7:45 PM... but, frankly, Celine didn't show up. I figured I missed her and I don't know why... But, I was really disappointed, and now ashamed But at least I saw her perform Quote http://i58.tinypic.com/2qbub9c.png @ErikaTran | Insta: aireexwp | erikatran.com
Alex_Incognito Posted February 26, 2007 at 04:44 AM Posted February 26, 2007 at 04:44 AM I posted it, but an administrator has yet to 'accept' it. Quote "People pay 20-25 dollars to see you."- Céline Dion, 1990
Epoenah Posted February 26, 2007 at 04:45 AM Posted February 26, 2007 at 04:45 AM i don't understand how some people on here can say how its "not about how well she sang, but the overall perforamce"? i mean YES she looked beautiful, and YES she was classy and elegant. but vocally she wasnt very good. and not for nothing she is a SINGER, so that is the most important aspect of the performance. she's not an actress or model so its not about how great she looked or how much emotion and grace she showed. yes they both are important aspects but she is still celine dion... the vocalist. Quote
CSCfan Posted February 26, 2007 at 04:45 AM Posted February 26, 2007 at 04:45 AM (edited) WoW.... Hmm, I think she shouldn't've sung with one earpiece only, I think that made it more difficult for her to sing the song [and control her voice].. I've watched it again a couple of times and it I loved it the more I watched it.. And she really looked dead gorgeous! Edited February 26, 2007 at 04:47 AM by CSCfan Quote »»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» MATHIAS ««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzPrxI0AIDY
VinnyT. Posted February 26, 2007 at 04:45 AM Posted February 26, 2007 at 04:45 AM Oh God, I don't even try to understand some of you... It was a beautiful moment. It really touched my heart like no other Oscar performance. I can't explain. It just touched my heart. It was sweet and emotional. Celine's expression and body language said it all. Her dress was wonderful, her smile was wonderful and her bow in the end was so elegant. was beautiful. It was wonderful. It was magical. I won't ever forget this. I wish some of you learned that the sucess of a performance it's not about how many high notes are hitten. It's a whole package. It's the hole emotion. I'm sorry many people don't seem to have the heart to enjoy the whole thing and prefer to pick the little unsignificant things. You have no idea of what you're missing. THANK YOU CELINE. I'm tired as hell, probably will fall asleep in the classroom tomorrow but IT WAS WORTH IT, IT WAS BEAUTIFUL and I'd wait again and again. THANK YOU CELINE!!!! I'M SO PROUD OF YOU.<{POST_SNAPBACK}>I tottaly agree with you Monica. And that's what I'm a big fan of her, not because of what she cna do with her voice- high notes - but the way she feels the songs she sings - as a singer - and of course I like her not because of what she has but because of wha she IS.I have to say that - yes it was beautiful so beautiful that I really wished it was longer!!!! heheheh more Celine!!! She was incredible!!!!! I love everything - she was very nervous, I could see & feel it. I knew she would be nervous and touched by this song 'cause it's simply beautiful and that song is the story of her love story with Rene hehehe beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm sorry for saying it but I really think if Ennio were american I'm sure Celine's perfomance would be longer.... anyway... but still it was very beautiful, so emotiocional I just LOVE that song so much!!!! I can't say it was the best performance at the Oscar though cause I really thing each was special on its way.<{POST_SNAPBACK}>no beacuse he is not american they edited all the song also from dreamgirls they made a medley Quote For Exclusive News "Like Us" on Facebook http://i44.tinypic.com/vfjwad.jpg click on the banner
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.