Jump to content

Celine sung I Knew I Loved You @ 2007 Oscars


Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

i think this performance was pointless really...the tribute could be much more simple and real without this song - it's like they forced it , it was very short and after listening to it few times i truely believe noone will remmember this performance for sure not the general public .

 

about her voice - she started the song really steady and powerful , she sang "time" and "star" much better than in the original version...i truely hoped she'll sing it on a higher key and that's what she did but then she just messed it...the high note in the middle was a miss and she cracked during the end of the song few times :glare:

 

i just cant stop thinking it's the same singer who sang GBA in 2001 , not to mention "think twice" , "i finally found someone" and more during the 90's... - her voice has really changed .

Edited by thevoice
Posted
i think this performance was pointless really...the tribute could be much more simple and real without this song - it's like they forced it , it was very short and after listening to it few times i truely believe noone will remmember this performance for sure not the general public .

 

about her voice - she started the song really steady and powerful , she sang "time" and "star" much better than in the original version...i truely hoped she'll sing it on a higher key and that's what she did but then she just messed it...the high note in the middle was a miss and she cracked during the end of the song few times :glare:

 

i just cant stop thinking it's the same singer who sang GBA in 2001 , not to mention "think twice" , "i finally found someone" and more during the 90's... - her voice has really changed .

They did it because Ennio specifically asked that Celine would perform this song!

Posted

:clap:

No- it means that ignorant reporter was irritated that Italian Morriconne didn't speak English and was peeved his tribute went on so long. WANKER.

 

 

:clap: thnx mate!!:))) finalz I understand!! :bye1:

Posted
i just cant stop thinking it's the same singer who sang GBA in 2001 , not to mention "think twice" , "i finally found someone" and more during the 90's... - her voice has really changed .

This was her best Oscar performance of all. Yes, her voice changed, the robot in her went all kaput. Oh sucha pity! I'm gonna cryyyyyyyyyyy! :mdr:

http://i.imgur.com/dmreJ.jpg

Posted
she was amazing and she looked much beter than 99. But her voice was kind of fragile, I think :D

#FREEJAVITO

 

Posted

:arrow: High Definition Screencaps (Click to view full size) :

 

http://www.celineirc.com/free/images/thumb_ikilyoscars200701.jpg http://www.celineirc.com/free/images/thumb_ikilyoscars200702.jpg http://www.celineirc.com/free/images/thumb_ikilyoscars200703.jpg http://www.celineirc.com/free/images/thumb_ikilyoscars200704.jpg

 

http://www.celineirc.com/free/images/thumb_ikilyoscars200705.jpg http://www.celineirc.com/free/images/thumb_ikilyoscars200706.jpg http://www.celineirc.com/free/images/thumb_ikilyoscars200707.jpg http://www.celineirc.com/free/images/thumb_ikilyoscars200708.jpg

 

http://www.celineirc.com/free/images/thumb_ikilyoscars200709.jpg http://www.celineirc.com/free/images/thumb_ikilyoscars200710.jpg http://www.celineirc.com/free/images/thumb_ikilyoscars200711.jpg http://www.celineirc.com/free/images/thumb_ikilyoscars200712.jpg

 

http://www.celineirc.com/free/images/thumb_ikilyoscars200713.jpg http://www.celineirc.com/free/images/thumb_ikilyoscars200714.jpg http://www.celineirc.com/free/images/thumb_ikilyoscars200715.jpg http://www.celineirc.com/free/images/thumb_ikilyoscars200716.jpg

 

http://www.celineirc.com/free/images/thumb_ikilyoscars200717.jpg http://www.celineirc.com/free/images/thumb_ikilyoscars200718.jpg http://www.celineirc.com/free/images/thumb_ikilyoscars200719.jpg http://www.celineirc.com/free/images/thumb_ikilyoscars200720.jpg

 

http://www.celineirc.com/free/images/thumb_ikilyoscars200721.jpg http://www.celineirc.com/free/images/thumb_ikilyoscars200722.jpg http://www.celineirc.com/free/images/thumb_ikilyoscars200723.jpg http://www.celineirc.com/free/images/thumb_ikilyoscars200724.jpg

 

http://www.celineirc.com/free/images/thumb_ikilyoscars200725.jpg http://www.celineirc.com/free/images/thumb_ikilyoscars200726.jpg http://www.celineirc.com/free/images/thumb_ikilyoscars200727.jpg http://www.celineirc.com/free/images/thumb_ikilyoscars200728.jpg

 

http://www.celineirc.com/free/images/thumb_ikilyoscars200729.jpg http://www.celineirc.com/free/images/thumb_ikilyoscars200730.jpg http://www.celineirc.com/free/images/thumb_ikilyoscars200731.jpg http://www.celineirc.com/free/images/thumb_ikilyoscars200732.jpg

Please support the forum by ordering everything through our special Amazon.com link

Click here. Thank you!

Posted
wow! She's bellissime! I'll download the video and the audio...

19 et 24 mai à Bercy...

Merci pour ces merveilleux moments,

je ne les oublierai jamais,

je les garderai dans mon coeur...

POUR TOUJOURS

Posted
I just love how grateful Ennio is, he really shows it!
Posted

:clap: :dance3: :flowers2:

 

Celine you are the best you are sublime I love you more than all in the world :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

MON BLOG SUR CELINE DION

 

http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/5087/sanstitre113rf5.jpg

Posted
i think this performance was pointless really...the tribute could be much more simple and real without this song - it's like they forced it , it was very short and after listening to it few times i truely believe noone will remmember this performance for sure not the general public .

 

about her voice - she started the song really steady and powerful , she sang "time" and "star" much better than in the original version...i truely hoped she'll sing it on a higher key and that's what she did but then she just messed it...the high note in the middle was a miss and she cracked during the end of the song few times :glare:

 

i just cant stop thinking it's the same singer who sang GBA in 2001 , not to mention "think twice" , "i finally found someone" and more during the 90's... - her voice has really changed .

 

You are truly too much!

 

My god, first when SNRQ comes out you think she's back and amazing, and now she has this performance and she sucks. Yeah, she cracked a note, but it was barely noticeable, and quite frankly she cracked on the glorious GBA much worse than last night. And I'd take this performance any day over I Finally Found Someone. That performance was throaty, and harsh, I can't even listen to it. Think Twice performances are some of her throatiest performances of her career. I can't stand any of them. It's funny with you how when she has a good performance she's the best, and when she has a decent performance she's the worst.

Posted

The Greatest singer on Oscar !!!

 

 

Celine Dion

Posted
You are truly too much! 

 

My god, first when SNRQ comes out you think she's back and amazing, and now she has this performance and she sucks.  Yeah, she cracked a note, but it was barely noticeable, and quite frankly she cracked on the glorious GBA much worse than last night.  And I'd take this performance any day over I Finally Found Someone.  That performance was throaty, and harsh, I can't even listen to it.  Think Twice performances are some of her throatiest performances of her career.  I can't stand any of them.  It's funny with you how when she has a good performance she's the best, and when she has a decent performance she's the worst.

It's gogo, the drama queen of the month, Shon! :thumbsup2: HE likes picking performances apart and then concentrating on the bad thing - yet the point which he's missing is to see the performance in the context of the night. It was the first time many critics really enjoyed her outfit, her appearence, Ennion was beyond touched and she even got the hottest chick out there - Ms. Hudson - to say out loud what everybody thought in their heads! It was spot-on - vocally, emotionally, outfiw-wise and even inspirational!

http://i.imgur.com/dmreJ.jpg

Posted

u know what , it's better i wont even comment on the redicilous things u guys say .

i still think her french single is amazing and it doesnt have anything to do with the fact that her voice has changed for the worse .

 

if u people truely think she sounds as good as she used to - good for u - whatever... :kicking:

Posted (edited)

i'll second that, thevoice :thumbsup2:

 

though i didn't think its bad...it had its weaknesses but i don't think it will leave a bad impression to the public, probably a good one as a performance.And if you consider the promotion she got through this it was great.She showed some Celine power last night and that's what matters.However Celine's voice has changed to worse and that's a fact.and the one I don't mention can keep saying nonsence about robots and bicentennial Celine :P

Edited by amelie
Posted
Wasnt she just perfect?! Please go vote for her at www.ctv.ca, a Canadian News website/Tv channel that has a daily poll on the right side of the screen. Thanks!
Posted (edited)

Thanks Bellamy!! :w00t: Waiting for the video...

 

Did anyone record The Red Carpet moment in HD?? :innocent:

Edited by Celine_2533
http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i78/title156/Sig2013.jpg

Posted

OMG, CCTV interviewed Celine. She said hello to China. CCTV also interviewed Ennio. He talked about Celine too.

 

Too bad my cap has some problem. :down: Hope I can find good version later.

Please support the forum by ordering everything through our special Amazon.com link

Click here. Thank you!

Posted
u know what , it's better i wont even comment on the redicilous things u guys say .

i still think her french single is amazing and it doesnt have anything to do with the fact that her voice has changed for the worse .

 

if u people truely think she sounds as good as she used to - good for u - whatever... :kicking:

 

 

Now everybody's gonna hate m too, but I totally agree with you. Her voice now could totally not be compared with the amazing pearl she had in her throat 10 and more years ago.

But this happens. I mean, Maria Callas, the one and only, lost her voice and in comparisson to the miricale she was from the beginning of the 1950's to the 1962 when she performed her allegedly bad Norma in Paris, her last tour in the beginning of the 70's was simply a disaster, I even cry of horror when I listen to "O, mio babbino caro" in Tokyo and London 1974/1975.

But it is only normal, a voice, which was used for decades till levels of exhaustion usually doesn't last forever. This doesn't mean I don't like Celine anymore. She is already a living legend.

http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj229/Der_Griffon/SIGNATURE-1-1-1.jpg

 

March 15th and 16th 2011, Las Vegas

Thank you Celine and thank you friends! I truly had the time of my life!

Posted

She was so glamorous in the red carpet, love that bottle green dress. :wub: I think she sounded great during the performance despite being off tune in the beginning. Doesn't her look remind you of the You and I video?? :in_love: Hot mama! :clapping1: Love all her gowns, my favorite is the one during the performance. :in_love:

 

What did she wear while in the audience and how many times did they show her?

highfive.jpg

Please support the forum by ordering through our Amazon.com referral link below.

Click here to go to the Amazon homepage.

Posted

curious. why do you guys always have to mess up the pix by putting the forum name on them?? They are public domain and the forum name implys a copyright on the photos does it not. I would like to see some of these images without all the crap pasted on them. :)

 

GODESS Celine! :in_love:

 

http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/7638/000134sq4.jpg

 

http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/7048/000149fm2.jpg

 

http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/474/000146bg5.jpg

Posted

Please tell me somebody recorded the red carpet too. Did anyone get that part where that stylist, Rudolph...something, said she only good things about her outfit? I just watched it again, and people really applauded her loudly and there were some shouts too. She did a hell of a job with this song! :wub: :wub:

Do you realize that all i've been doing today is downloading Celine pics from last night? :giggle:

Posted
She was so glamorous in the red carpet, love that bottle green dress. :wub: I think she sounded great during the performance despite being off tune in the beginning. Doesn't her look remind you of the You and I video??  :in_love: Hot mama! :clapping1: Love all her gowns, my favorite is the one during the performance.  :in_love:

 

What did she wear while in the audience and how many times did they show her?

She met Ennio before singing and she said to him

"I will not sing with my voice but i'll sing with my heart" :wub: :wub:

For Exclusive News "Like Us" on Facebook

 

http://i44.tinypic.com/vfjwad.jpg

click on the banner

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...