Frida Posted February 7, 2007 at 08:10 AM Posted February 7, 2007 at 08:10 AM aah, I can't stop listening to it... I had it on repeat last night and fell asleep with my ipod on for the first time Quote http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p234/celinedion_56/tcc2copy3_zps08f18352.pnghttp://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p234/celinedion_56/tccgallery-1.png
thevoice Posted February 7, 2007 at 08:57 AM Posted February 7, 2007 at 08:57 AM seb - maybe i'll try to explain myself one more time in a diffrent way and u might understand...when i first heard the 1 minute clip i was really worried cause it was "miracle" all over again with that thing she is doing with her voice but we cant mention here .however when she sings the last part of the song -" I knew I'd build my world around you" , specialy "build" - she sings it softly and it's beautiful cause it's an amazing low note...why couldnt she sing the first part like this? - what a diffrence!! it's like celine of miracle VS celine of SSD . in the first part of the songs the notes break a little at the end just like when she sang "summertime" however at the end the notes r just perfect.and it has everything to do with what i told u earlier - she should just sing in her register ...how beautiful it is when she doesnt end her notes with the word we cant mention ahh? since quincy worked with celine on it i can only assume that this is how they wanted the first part of the song to sound like , i just dont get it .even most of the people who love the song here admit that it's because the rest of it and not the first minute... overall i already said it - it's a nice song!! but it could be the bomb if her vocals were as amazing in the first part and if they could add 1 dramatic note with that amazing orchestra who knows maybe she'll suprise us while performing this song live - i just hope she wont sing the first verse like she sang it in the studio version , she can still sing it softly but steady like she is doing in the last part of the song. Quote
Céline's Blues Posted February 7, 2007 at 09:04 AM Author Posted February 7, 2007 at 09:04 AM It's again a psychological matter. If Renato wouldn't have found the excerpt, gogo. You wouldn't at all concentrate on the first 1 min clip AT ALL. Now that you and few others have already stated your opinions on the clip it would be really stupid if you retracted your opinion and said something different about it cuzz of the BROAD CONTEXT. The broad context it is that you should look at the songs, and Céline.Am I getting disturbed by hernasality on §Celine dion" or her screetching on "Falling Into You"? No! Cuzz I see things in broad context and don't need to complain about FRAGMENTS of songs. I take it for what is evidently meant to be by Quincy and Céline. Quote http://i.imgur.com/dmreJ.jpg
thevoice Posted February 7, 2007 at 09:12 AM Posted February 7, 2007 at 09:12 AM no seb it doesnt have anything to do with it , honestly .i truely dont like her voice in the first part of the song - this 1 minute is the perfect example of what i mean when i criticize her voice in recent years , i just dont like it , it annoys me - i truely think it's not even singing . but guess what ? - the end of the song proves that celine can still sing the notes right without that annoying sound . it's just that she prefers it the other way around . how beautiful were her performances of SSD back then? she sang it so softly and i still liked it seb which proves u that no , she doesnt have to scream ...she sang each note on SSD and felt it , without that sound!! Quote
Céline's Blues Posted February 7, 2007 at 09:23 AM Author Posted February 7, 2007 at 09:23 AM You know exactly, gogo, that I am not fond all that much of her vocals on SISDA... they're mostly too whiny when she wants to go and sound like she *used to* back in 1995. She just can't. She ergo better not try. With "I Knew I Loved You" you see she can sound this or that way. Whatever pleases her and she at last is drifting away from the vocal schemes that were binding her. Perfection wasn't good thing. Especially with Quincy Jones who I bet has a different approach towards voice encouraged her to be more creative in her own way and I assume she just went for it - whether you like it or not. I respect you don't like it actually but point is IF I myself wouldn't be liking almost anything she has done ever since she lost her voice in 1999 cuzz of the thing I LOVED about her the most - perfection - I would surely not go on about how bad she sounds now cuzz obviously she won't ever sound as perfect as she did in 1994/1995. Quote http://i.imgur.com/dmreJ.jpg
blue.grave Posted February 7, 2007 at 09:28 AM Posted February 7, 2007 at 09:28 AM How did Celine almost lose her vioce. back in 99? Can you give me the Detailes on that please: Quote For the joy of life, My passion for video gaming, and my Love for Celine Dion.
Céline's Blues Posted February 7, 2007 at 09:30 AM Author Posted February 7, 2007 at 09:30 AM How did Celine almost lose her vioce. back in 99? Can you give me the Detailes on that please:<{POST_SNAPBACK}>We would be better off starting a new thread about this. Quote http://i.imgur.com/dmreJ.jpg
thevoice Posted February 7, 2007 at 10:22 AM Posted February 7, 2007 at 10:22 AM ohh blue.grave dont even go there and seb common can u seriously say that u like how she sings "the hands of taaaaaaaaime"? the way she sings "taaaaaaime" in the first minute of the song...it could sound sooooooooo much better without that annoying sound...if she could just sing it regulary without that whining sound . Quote
Céline's Blues Posted February 7, 2007 at 12:02 PM Author Posted February 7, 2007 at 12:02 PM and seb common can u seriously say that u like how she sings "the hands of taaaaaaaaime"? the way she sings "taaaaaaime" in the first minute of the song...it could sound sooooooooo much better without that annoying sound...if she could just sing it regulary without that whining sound .<{POST_SNAPBACK}>I find "tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiime" ok, nothing amazing but nothing annoying either. It's there and I don't hear a goat like some of you are. LOL! I actually love her delivery - just imagine she would approach the song with that sledgehammer of emotions a la "If I Ruled the World". Now when I think of it, I am so happy she didn't sing it that way. She could have, though! But she hasn't which is I'm so glad for! And even better - we will have this little gem on her next English album! Quote http://i.imgur.com/dmreJ.jpg
isurrender Posted February 7, 2007 at 02:14 PM Posted February 7, 2007 at 02:14 PM The song itself isn't not all what I like... this song would have fit "Miracle" or "these are special times". But her vocal is amazing, stunning ! Her voice has some much shades nowadays... almost every single word in sung in a different way! She did a great job ! I wasn't expecting anything after having listening the short preview! But it really surprised me! This song would have been perfect if she sang "time" at the beginning better!... Well , it doesn't annoy me more than that... Quote
delo3934 Posted February 7, 2007 at 02:43 PM Posted February 7, 2007 at 02:43 PM Absolutely fantastic. The only thing I would hange about the song would be the last 20 seconds. Aside from that its an absolutely gorgeous song. Well done celine. Quote
thevoice Posted February 7, 2007 at 02:51 PM Posted February 7, 2007 at 02:51 PM This song would have been perfect if she sang "time" at the beginning better!... <{POST_SNAPBACK}> exactly . maybe not perfect but that "taaaaaaaaaaaaaaaime" is soooooo annoying Quote
amelie Posted February 7, 2007 at 02:54 PM Posted February 7, 2007 at 02:54 PM Absolutely fantastic. The only thing I would hange about the song would be the last 20 seconds. Aside from that its an absolutely gorgeous song. Well done celine.<{POST_SNAPBACK}> that's the only peak in a very predictable song Quote
Macaronie Posted February 7, 2007 at 03:09 PM Posted February 7, 2007 at 03:09 PM I agree on the time part I think on some parts her voice sounds a lot like it used to in 91/92, which I love Quote
Céline's Blues Posted February 7, 2007 at 03:11 PM Author Posted February 7, 2007 at 03:11 PM That "time" fixation is ridiculous. Utterly. Quote http://i.imgur.com/dmreJ.jpg
Bellamy Posted February 7, 2007 at 03:11 PM Posted February 7, 2007 at 03:11 PM Absolutely fantastic. The only thing I would hange about the song would be the last 20 seconds. Aside from that its an absolutely gorgeous song. Well done celine.<{POST_SNAPBACK}>The end sounds very abrupt just because there's no split between tracks in this soundtrack like album. So I edit the end of this track a bit, make it fade off like it should be as a seperate track. If anyone has interest on this version, send me a pm. BTW, I make it as mp3 for my ipod. And thank Seb for the album. Quote Please support the forum by ordering everything through our special Amazon.com link Click here. Thank you!
thevoice Posted February 7, 2007 at 03:14 PM Posted February 7, 2007 at 03:14 PM That "time" fixation is ridiculous. Utterly.<{POST_SNAPBACK}> seb u r one of the only ones here who doesnt have any problem with "taaaaaaaime" so there is a fixation as u describe it but it's not ours Quote
Céline's Blues Posted February 7, 2007 at 03:16 PM Author Posted February 7, 2007 at 03:16 PM Well I happen to read over and over again how she pronounces "time" annoyingly. I mean please. I bet all y'all will do on the Oscars is waiting and biting your finger nails as soon as she hits it IDENTICALLY there. hahaha Quote http://i.imgur.com/dmreJ.jpg
Macaronie Posted February 7, 2007 at 03:18 PM Posted February 7, 2007 at 03:18 PM I also love how she sing 'Glow' It really gives me goosebumps all over!! Quote
thevoice Posted February 7, 2007 at 03:20 PM Posted February 7, 2007 at 03:20 PM it's not how she pronounces it seb , it's purely her voice - i just dont like it when she sings her songs this way - thank god the rest of the song is diffrent .and just like we got a brilliant performance of "miracle" on ellen thanks to the fact that celine sang it on a higher key there is a chance she'll do the same thing here . Quote
Céline's Blues Posted February 7, 2007 at 03:26 PM Author Posted February 7, 2007 at 03:26 PM Now you're starting on Miracle! LMAO! Miracle is perfect vocally. If it wasn't David wouldn't let her release it. Point blanc! The same goes for Quincy here. If "I Knew I Loved You" wouldn't be perfect in HIS eyes he wouldn't let it be released under HIS name. Quote http://i.imgur.com/dmreJ.jpg
thevoice Posted February 7, 2007 at 03:27 PM Posted February 7, 2007 at 03:27 PM the live version was amazing however the studio one was boring as hell Quote
Céline's Blues Posted February 7, 2007 at 03:28 PM Author Posted February 7, 2007 at 03:28 PM I didn't sense any difference. All the same for me. Quite good. Quote http://i.imgur.com/dmreJ.jpg
thevoice Posted February 7, 2007 at 03:31 PM Posted February 7, 2007 at 03:31 PM (edited) seb there r 2 options here : 1 - i'm deaf 2 - u r she sang this song on a higher key , it was soooooooo obvious - her voice was much more powerful and clear...OMG crystal clear Edited February 7, 2007 at 03:31 PM by thevoice Quote
isurrender Posted February 7, 2007 at 03:35 PM Posted February 7, 2007 at 03:35 PM seb there r 2 options here : 1 - i'm deaf 2 - u r she sang this song on a higher key , it was soooooooo obvious - her voice was much more powerful and clear...OMG crystal clear <{POST_SNAPBACK}> I agree : it was on a higher key ! I disagree : it was very ugly for my ears ! I prefer a 100 times the Oprah version... Quote
Bullet Posted February 7, 2007 at 06:36 PM Posted February 7, 2007 at 06:36 PM What a beautiful song! Of course, it's slow and calm, typical of a movie song... But what a great job she does on this one. People who comment about a "goaty" sound must live near a goat farm because I don't hear it at all. You have to stop focusing on one specific note, otherwise you loose the dramatic effects in her voice and the beauty of it all. Of course, the songs on her new English album won't all be this smooth... There will be some surprises I'm sure! Quote
CrazyFanto3 Posted February 7, 2007 at 09:10 PM Posted February 7, 2007 at 09:10 PM This is such a beautiful song.. She is amazing. Quote http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa51/ljiconsandblinkies/WinterSig.jpg ^ made by celinerific
blue.grave Posted February 7, 2007 at 09:30 PM Posted February 7, 2007 at 09:30 PM (edited) I heared this song again, and I could say. It could use a little more work on it. I hope the final virsion is better, but if this is the final I guess I'll deal with for now. Then again Celine could tweek the song a bit at the Oskers. Edited February 7, 2007 at 09:36 PM by blue.grave Quote For the joy of life, My passion for video gaming, and my Love for Celine Dion.
blue.grave Posted February 7, 2007 at 09:40 PM Posted February 7, 2007 at 09:40 PM Sorry about the miss spelling on my last post. I ment to say it can be worked on. I do love the song though. I hope more people will like it too. Quote For the joy of life, My passion for video gaming, and my Love for Celine Dion.
Bruno Portugal Posted February 7, 2007 at 09:43 PM Posted February 7, 2007 at 09:43 PM FANTASTIC!!! Quote My Webpage >>> TRIBUTE TO CELINE DION
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.