Jump to content

New French Single: Dansons - 17 April, 2026


Recommended Posts

Posted
On 4/19/2026 at 6:40 PM, rfkavanagh said:

IIRC, they've already told us a few times that they're a 20-year-old student, studying economics (or marketing or both?).  And that they've somehow been involved with promoting a local Spanish artist (most likely as a fan ambassador or similar).  They've fallen into the classic student trap of thinking that because they have a few classes under their belt, they know much more than other "normal" people and know everything about marketing and promotion and supply and demand.

To be fair, they sometimes have valid points hidden in their long, condescending posts, but speaking as someone who's worked in marketing and advertising for almost 30 years, their level of naiveté is almost endearing (and I'm certainly not suggesting that I know everything about marketing either, but I have a few decades' head start!). :D 

S/he may be the next René, who knows…

Ok I’m out ->

  • Haha 3
Posted
On 4/20/2026 at 7:01 AM, ewh12 said:

So I’ve been having a bunch of thoughts of what’s going on right now. 

I think people who only look at Céline’s English catalog are missing the bigger picture. We aren't just watching her return to the stage; we’re watching her rise from the ashes in real-time.

See, I think is her current strategy is actually genius. The Eiffel Tower was the ultimate "Cliffhanger." The performance wasn't just a comeback; it was a statement. By singing one of the most iconic French songs in history to billions of people, she reminded the world that she is a Francophone artist first. It created this massive global "cliffhanger" that showed us she could still sing. But right when she was hot, she stepped back into the shadows and trained like an athlete so she could be at a place that felt like 100% for her and her audience.

When they chose France for her concert series I thought it was a brilliant move for the narrative. Paris is the city of romance and resilience, which fits her story perfectly. They aren’t just selling tickets; they’re selling Céline’s Resurrection. The "Soft" Single was intentional. It’s a "peace and hope" anthem that’s timely for the world right now, but it also lets people know she’s easing her way back rather than forcing her voice. It’s cautious, honest, and In my opinion, incredibly smart.

I think though, the interesting part is that her English-speaking fans are finally going to be seeing the "pure" side of her that the French world has known for decades. If we see the initial response, at least from YouTube, non-Francophones are listening to her French catalog like never before. You go on her YouTube comments for Danson and there’s so many “I don’t understand French, but I wanted to hear her comeback, and now I can’t stop listening to her in French”  By the time the new CD drops and concerts happen, I don’t think she will be the same Celine that we knew.  I think Céline is elevating to a new level we haven’t seen before,  for better or for worse. More importantly though, I think we will be hearing more of that vulnerable and raw side of Céline. In many ways, Courage was the first glimpse of that subtle, introspective side in English, but now the two worlds will start to coalesce more than ever. Its not like she won’t be singing dance hits or singing songs that have power, but I think he story will now bring more credibility to the songwriting as pieces of her story, rather than “songs my team and writers picked that we liked” that we always would hear in some of the reviews of her music. It was almost like Céline was just a mechanical jukebox singer that sung just to showcase her powerful voice. 

The bottom line is, I think her concert series and new music is going to be the moment her French career moves to a more global stage in both prominence and ethos to her English one. Her narrative as a bombastic ballad queen is evolving to finally show the world the understated, and raw side of her that the French audience have always known because it now fits her story of survival. In the decades of her storybook life, she can now show to the world, her music can communicate her humanity with flaws just like the rest of us. 

She isn't just back, I think shes moving into a new chapter of creativity, and critical acclaim. 

Wow, excellent words 👌

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Posted

Just came across this on Instagram.   The making of the clip for Dansons. Didn't see it posted here so thought i'd share. 

 

https://www.instagram.com/p/DXTn1mRjNUf/?img_index=5&igsh=MWh3bXJjaG5vZHI3eQ==

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3
Instagram: @delphis78
Posted
On 4/19/2026 at 11:01 PM, ewh12 said:

the understated, and raw side of her that the French audience have always known

Her Quebec side is even rawer if you think not only of her répertoire, but of her personnality, the way she spontaneoulsly expresses it. I hope you are right and that at this stage of her life, the Céline people from Québec, from France and the USA (and thus worldwide because of the language) know will coalesce. Both her music and her image have been marketed differently (which was necessary at a certain point), even though as French put it « chassez le naturel, il revient au galop » and she regularly startled the international audience and media 😁

  • Like 1
Posted

Wow did not even know this new song existed. Having heard it I think it's clear it don't target a world wide audience or trying to top any Billboard list in any way.
I mean it fits well with her return in Paris for sure. And I am happy new music gets released. But I feel something is just missing.
While her comeback is a big deal it still feels "intimate" and targeted more to existing fans and not really a world wide audience. Which I think is both great and bad. Idk I am still a little surprised from all of this like did not expect any of this.

Anyway nice to hear and see they are working on stuff. But I am still mixed feelings about this comeback. I mean going from really sick to like 16 concert dates feel very much like over doing it. And it would be a real shame if dates gets cancelled for health reasons again. I wonder what shape her voice is in and time to train and practice and all that let alone age factor. Which makes me wonder how many songs will actually be live.
Anyway I don't want to be negative but just having my hopes realistic.

 

  • Like 3
< :afro: :alucard: :afro: >
Posted

You know what probably also caught us off guard with this track, was the fact that it looked like she was going in a different direction with things like what's in my bag viral videos. This track is a slightly different tune to a hilarious viral video. I think they've been playing with algorithms in a good way, go viral and then drop something that you really want to say and show your other side

  • Like 3
Posted

I think it's amazing she had to work so hard to get into the English market and now gets to reverse that and bring everyone into her French material 

  • Like 6
Posted
On 4/19/2026 at 9:24 PM, Del said:

Just came across this on Instagram.   The making of the clip for Dansons. Didn't see it posted here so thought i'd share. 

 

https://www.instagram.com/p/DXTn1mRjNUf/?img_index=5&igsh=MWh3bXJjaG5vZHI3eQ==

Lol I thought they controlled traffic for some of those shots but not at all 😂 Quand le monde vacille indeed 

  • Like 1

Philadelphia, PA, Sept 5 2008.

New York, NY, Sept 16 2008, Madison-Freaking-Square Garden.

Posted

Those 650K streams are on spotify only or combination of YouTube? Are the other streaming platforms included?

Posted
On 4/20/2026 at 7:58 AM, scarletpimpernel said:

I think it's amazing she had to work so hard to get into the English market and now gets to reverse that and bring everyone into her French material 

It's honestly fascinating how siloed her French/English careers are... She hardly used one to propel the other so you can think of her as basically building up two massive careers and rising to the top of two markets independently. 

  • Like 5

Philadelphia, PA, Sept 5 2008.

New York, NY, Sept 16 2008, Madison-Freaking-Square Garden.

Posted
On 4/20/2026 at 10:14 PM, lyn said:

It's honestly fascinating how siloed her French/English careers are... She hardly used one to propel the other so you can think of her as basically building up two massive careers and rising to the top of two markets independently. 

And now she's got nothing left to prove and is just going to go along with the rest  of her career how she wants to, and bring us along for the ride

  • Like 4
Posted

Is the song playing on the radio in France?

Kev x 

Posted
On 4/20/2026 at 2:09 PM, jpatdeleon09 said:

Those 650K streams are on spotify only or combination of YouTube? Are the other streaming platforms included?

Spotify only.

  • Thanks 1
The best is yet to come...
Posted

I actually wonder what's the plan now, if she will keep low profile till the next single or will do something of promo the coming weeks?

  • Like 3
  • Sad 1
Posted (edited)

It’s crazy with all this news and plans and we still haven’t seen her at all in person. No interview and no appearances at all.  She has become so exclusive now…

Kev x
 

 

Edited by Peppercorn1991
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1
Posted
On 4/20/2026 at 4:18 PM, Jerre said:

I actually wonder what's the plan now, if she will keep low profile till the next single or will do something of promo the coming weeks?

Unfortunately I don’t really see her doing major promotional media appearances like the old days, specially given the whole SPS situation. Hopefully we’ll get a big TV special when the full album comes out.

  • Like 1

Tournée Européenne in Paris (December 1, 2013)

Céline Dion Live 2016 in Antwerp (June 20, 2016)

Céline Dion Live 2017 in Birmingham (July 27, 2017)

Céline Dion à Paris (September 12, 2026)

Posted (edited)
On 4/20/2026 at 9:09 AM, jpatdeleon09 said:

Those 650K streams are on spotify only or combination of YouTube? Are the other streaming platforms included?

We have now

Dansons
Spotify 938,354 (02 days)
Youtube video (VEVO) 1,368,726
Youtube auto generated audio 475,420
YoutubeMusic 1,700,000 (last updated yesterday)

4,482,500 million 

Edited by rodrigofreitas
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2
Posted
On 4/20/2026 at 11:03 AM, LukeD said:

The lyric video gained around 360k views on its third day - very stable performance!

You can also thank me for half of them! 😝

Its replayability is definitely its virtue!! By itself it's a little 'unresolved', a bit of a... 'souffle', but only through multiple listens does it fully breathe. 

  • Like 4

Philadelphia, PA, Sept 5 2008.

New York, NY, Sept 16 2008, Madison-Freaking-Square Garden.

Posted
On 4/20/2026 at 4:30 PM, lyn said:

Its replayability is definitely its virtue!! By itself it's a little 'unresolved', a bit of a... 'souffle', but only through multiple listens does it fully breathe. 

JJG's songwriting has this quality IMO. Each verse or each chorus adds something different to the song's narrative. And at the end you have received just enough information - but never too much. So you can go back because you are not feeling exhausted. This is also consistent with Celine's interpretation. In French she serves the lyrics, the singing approach is more layered. In English she tends to be more bombastic and sometimes a song ends and you feel like she drained the life out of it - not in a bad way, but it is just like there is nothing she could have done more! And nothing someone else could ever do with that song. 😁 It is like watching an entire movie! 

  • Like 7
Posted

Sadly, the song fell out of the Spotify France Top 200 chart today. Hopefully it reenters. 

  • Sad 4
Tommy
Posted (edited)
On 4/20/2026 at 12:20 PM, idanwcd said:

I really love the song. At first I was a bit shocked in the sense at first listen its not the most radio friendly song. But I keep wanting to listen to it. Im not bored of it at all, and dont think I will be anytime soon.

It’s a grower not a show-er

Edited by Nmj
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
Posted
On 4/20/2026 at 5:40 PM, TommKat22 said:

Sadly, the song fell out of the Spotify France Top 200 chart today. Hopefully it reenters. 

This reflects its Sunday performance. Very bizarre because the YT views were stable yesterday. 

Can you share the source?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...