Jump to content

Concert residency in Paris 2026/2027! *Spoilers*


Recommended Posts

Posted

Who cares what people like that think?

IMO, Celine's show, the way it is, pleases not only fans, but also "regular people" :D It's a great performance, a piece of art.

Can't wait for May 8th.

  • Like 3
Posted (edited)
On 9/28/2026 at 2:55 PM, Alice said:

Who cares what people like that think?

IMO, Celine's show, the way it is, pleases not only fans, but also "regular people" :D It's a great performance, a piece of art.

Can't wait for May 8th.

It's about her reputation. I said she shouldn't sing ABM in her show before the first show  and here we are now.. 

 

Edited by comingback
Posted

ABM needs to retire from her set list in a house next to BATB.  She's done them both justice in the last.  And unless she's going to shake things up like she did with LCMM, I am not interested.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

"People pay 20-25 dollars to see you."

- Céline Dion, 1990

Posted
On 9/28/2026 at 7:07 PM, Nmj said:

It wouldn’t work with this dress.. the neckline is too high with the bow there. 

That’s why they removed it…

Posted
On 9/28/2026 at 9:33 AM, jpatdeleon09 said:

That’s why they removed it…

No s*** lol

  • Haha 1
Posted
On 9/28/2026 at 9:04 AM, Alex_Incognito said:

ABM needs to retire from her set list in a house next to BATB.  She's done them both justice in the last.  And unless she's going to shake things up like she did with LCMM, I am not interested.

I agree with this. Maybe they outta do the solo  version of BATB if they insist on it staying like TP. I think it could go. ABM can go too. 
 

I still don’t know how “The Chase” is in those show but not JSP. That’s a true flaw. 

Posted
On 9/28/2026 at 9:43 PM, ImAliveUK said:

I've seen her 57 times now since 1996 and I'm absolutely fine with her lipping - as she previously did it to preserve her voice - HOWEVER - I am having a hard time of it this time around, especially with ABM, as the little puff of the cheeks and look of relief as she turns around to Scott as if to say 'phew I did it!!' is a bit wrong in my eyes. I'm a little disappointed because that is an intentional 'deception'. However the other end of the argument is - it's just entertainment and it's part of the show. But does that fit into Celine's open book persona? If she genuinely can't reach the notes (and that's ok too considering your illness) then don't sing the songs you find hard. There are PLENTY of songs we would love you to sing, that do not require the vocal gymnastics of yesterday. 

They knew the risks and if she gets scrutinised on this then they only have themselves to blame. It's the 'acting surprised' part I struggle with.

She's an entertainer, she's acted surprised literally ever time she has lipped ABM high note, going back to TC world tour. If you don't act while lipping, it becomes very obvious - Mariah is a classic example. I think this is all blown out of her proportion. Literally every French song is live, a majority of BYLM is live - a song she usually mines.

As Celine said in her 2013 Billboard interview.. People lip singed in the past, they are doing it now, and it will happen again..

  • Thanks 1
Posted
On 9/28/2026 at 7:16 PM, Nmj said:

I agree with this. Maybe they outta do the solo  version of BATB if they insist on it staying like TP. I think it could go. ABM can go too. 
 

I still don’t know how “The Chase” is in those show but not JSP. That’s a true flaw. 

yeaahhh idts BATB is one of those songs that can be done solo.....but if they really want a duet, they should add Tell Him and show Barbara on the screen (no replacement)

  • Like 1
Posted (edited)
On 9/28/2026 at 10:02 AM, CourageProject said:

yeaahhh idts BATB is one of those songs that can be done solo.....but if they really want a duet, they should add Tell Him and show Barbara on the screen (no replacement)

If they insist on BATB it should be solo… and even with just piano like they did with Brian McKnight in 2002. That rendition was brilliant.

Edited by Nmj
Posted

It doesn't matter what she does. With social media there will always be people who will try to tear her down. That is the way the world is nowadays unfortunately. People are put on a pedestal and then other people work their butts off to try and destroy them. Celine is a pro. She has been doing this her whole life and she will do what she feels she can deliver. She can't please everyone. But she is trying. She dedicated her life and her recovery to her fans - and then people nitpick every single thing she does. It's sad really. She set the bar impossibly high - like really - Celine in the 90's and 2000's was ridiculous. Nobody on the planet could sing or perform like that.  And here she is all these years later, trying her hardest to put off the best show that she can while having to come to terms with - hey my voice isn't what it used to be, but at least I can still sing. Imagine how difficult that must have been. But look at her - she is smiling, laughing, glowing. She is enjoying every moment. Talking to her fans outside her hotel every night. And then u have some a****** "oh Celine should retire". Yup, a few out of key notes - who cares???  Really?  Retire??  Are u fu***ng kidding me??  

  • Like 7
Posted
On 9/28/2026 at 10:41 PM, celine2199 said:

The internet is not reality...

Haters can say whatever they want about Céline, but it won't affect her one bit in reality. 

Even the media and critics couldn't tear her down,they've been bashing her since the 90s,did it work?

Céline always wins in reality, she's the ultimate pro and a fearless fighter.

TRUE!

  • Like 3
Posted
On 9/28/2026 at 9:54 PM, Dionian said:

She's an entertainer, she's acted surprised literally ever time she has lipped ABM high note, going back to TC world tour. If you don't act while lipping, it becomes very obvious - Mariah is a classic example. I think this is all blown out of her proportion. Literally every French song is live, a majority of BYLM is live - a song she usually mines.

As Celine said in her 2013 Billboard interview.. People lip singed in the past, they are doing it now, and it will happen again..

Well, what matters most is she is singing more live than pre-recorded. At least, she’s not like Mariah, who lip-syncs the whole concert. That’s more embarrassing and bad, especially for the fans.

Posted

Has Celine ever 'reclaimed' a lipped song? like during a tour run she finds herself capable of singing it live and switches over? Or is it once lipped then always lipped throughout

Philadelphia, PA, Sept 5 2008.

New York, NY, Sept 16 2008, Madison-Freaking-Square Garden.

Posted

We are seeing more hollywood celebs going in her concert. Hmm who will go on Sept. 30? On N7, Diane Kruger went from National Treasure! I feel so giddy!!!

Posted

She just left the hotel... I wonder where she might be going. I hope we find out (without invading her personal space and time, though). She deserves to spend some carefree time in Paris, see a few people, and get a breath of fresh air.

  • Like 3
Join the Céline Dion Grεεκ Fan Club on Facebook
Posted
On 9/28/2026 at 6:01 PM, lyn said:

Has Celine ever 'reclaimed' a lipped song? like during a tour run she finds herself capable of singing it live and switches over? Or is it once lipped then always lipped throughout

Hmm can’t think of any, unless Vegas counts.

  • Thanks 1
The best is yet to come...
Posted

Yes she left the RM. Monday seems to be her leisure day… second Monday in a row she leaves. I think to give herself complete rest the day after and before the next concert.

 

 

  • Like 2
Posted

Last Monday it was in the evening; today it's in the afternoon.

There's a L'Oréal Paris event tonight. I wonder if that's why...

  • Like 5
Posted
On 9/28/2026 at 11:01 AM, lyn said:

Has Celine ever 'reclaimed' a lipped song? like during a tour run she finds herself capable of singing it live and switches over? Or is it once lipped then always lipped throughout

The 2017 mini tour was famous for this to me haha. 

Taking Chances climax, The Reason, MHWGO climax, I drove all night, Treat Her Like a Lady, and Misled were all performed fully live after having previously not been.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Posted
On 9/28/2026 at 4:01 PM, lyn said:

Has Celine ever 'reclaimed' a lipped song? like during a tour run she finds herself capable of singing it live and switches over? Or is it once lipped then always lipped throughout

In Vegas 2015 she did the long note in ABM live once or twice and also during the 2017 tours MHWGN was 100% live 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Posted
On 9/28/2026 at 5:01 PM, lyn said:

Has Celine ever 'reclaimed' a lipped song? like during a tour run she finds herself capable of singing it live and switches over? Or is it once lipped then always lipped throughout

Yes with fade away, it was lipped during the very first shows, then gone for a few ones and added back in but fully live and stayed throughout the tour  :) 

  • Thanks 1
Posted
On 9/28/2026 at 10:46 AM, Nmj said:

I agree with this. Maybe they outta do the solo  version of BATB if they insist on it staying like TP. I think it could go. ABM can go too. 
 

I still don’t know how “The Chase” is in those show but not JSP. That’s a true flaw. 

because: The Chase is easy... Je Sais Pas is hard... simple

  • Like 1
Posted
On 9/28/2026 at 12:01 PM, lyn said:

Has Celine ever 'reclaimed' a lipped song? like during a tour run she finds herself capable of singing it live and switches over? Or is it once lipped then always lipped throughout

the Brunei concert was 100 % live... even The Power Of Love... if she wants, she can do a show 100% live... does she wants it? no... does she needs it? NO....

we had some another examples of mini concerts where she sang 100% after 2010... basically private concerts...

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Posted (edited)
On 9/28/2026 at 12:56 PM, MaiconSC said:

because: The Chase is easy... Je Sais Pas is hard... simple

Still not simple. She’s in France… a lipped JSP makes more sense than a live “The Chase” there I said it 🤫. Or an easier French song that she can handle. But if she can sing Callas she can sing JSP live. 
 

And I like “The Chase” but still makes no sense to me. Even if she likes it, how does it come before many songs omitted?

ANDHC sure, IDAN okay, “think twice” makes sense, LMBTL & TC why not, a b-side single like “The Chase”…. 🤨 

Edited by Nmj
  • Like 1
Posted (edited)
On 9/28/2026 at 2:04 PM, Nmj said:

Still not simple. She’s in France… a lipped JSP makes more sense than a live “The Chase” there I said it 🤫. Or an easier French song that she can handle. 
 

And I like “The Chase” but still makes no sense to me. Even if she likes it, how does it come before many songs omitted. 

I think she doesn't want to lip in french... because she's in Paris...

actually I can't remember a single song in french that she has lipped in her life... (I'm not talking about tv performances)...

and The Chase is the same as À Vous from Courage World Tour... totally random, but she likes it, and maybe she and Scott think the fans would love too an obscure track from her catalogue...

Edited by MaiconSC
  • Like 2
Posted
On 9/28/2026 at 12:26 PM, AXG_16 said:

Last Monday it was in the evening; today it's in the afternoon.

There's a L'Oréal Paris event tonight. I wonder if that's why...

Isn’t Paris Fashion Week coming soon? I wonder if she’ll attend certain events!?

Posted
On 9/28/2026 at 1:11 PM, Nmj said:

Isn’t Paris Fashion Week coming soon? I wonder if she’ll attend certain events!?

If I remember correctly it starts today!

  • Like 1
Posted
On 9/28/2026 at 4:01 PM, lyn said:

Has Celine ever 'reclaimed' a lipped song? like during a tour run she finds herself capable of singing it live and switches over? Or is it once lipped then always lipped throughout

Performers don’t opt for playback purely because they can’t sing the song or note anymore… There’s many reasons but mainly for vocal preservation, belting an F5 night after night would cause vocal fatigue, not ideal when you’ve got 16 shows to get through. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   17 members

    • Peppercorn1991
    • Celinemaniac
    • Taking Chances
    • Nmj
    • Shocker
    • danieli25031984
    • woodstock
    • matt987
    • Loup_garou
    • Giraffe
    • Béluga
    • LukeD
    • reynolds
    • fikus1
    • TheBobWig
    • Shamrock_1982
    • mattia
×
×
  • Create New...