Zoespack Posted September 7, 2026 at 03:14 AM Posted September 7, 2026 at 03:14 AM On 9/6/2026 at 7:29 PM, Els said: The "problem" in France with Let's Talk about Love is that it's actually an English version of a Jean-Jacques Goldman song in French... Here's a version where JJG sings some of the French version and she sings in English « Rêver nos désirs et vivre des Ainsi soit-il ». Céline certainly thwarted this one with her comeback ! Quote
Balao Posted September 7, 2026 at 03:48 AM Posted September 7, 2026 at 03:48 AM On 9/6/2026 at 10:21 PM, Abodi2002 said: i'm getting very excited for these shows! I'm keeping my expectations of her vocals a bit low just because I don't want to be disappointed. But 2 hours and 15 minutes? That's as long as the first couple 2017 tour dates isn't it? I personally wouldn't expect songs like Let's Talk About Love, or many nonsingle English songs. We have to remember this is a French show. But please more than 4 French songs. Can she be heard singing in any clips shared so far? I mainly heard the crowd. I thought they were being kind of inconsiderate at points. I understand being excited but I just felt like they were being loud considering she must have been close to a lot of them. We do hear her sing. I don't remember was it S'il suffisait d'aimer or Ziggy. She sings with the crowd and then the crowd stops and she sings all by herself. Also, she sang Il est où le bonheur de Christophe Maé and she made up a jingle for a bissap drink called Masapo. She sang for a dog and for a young child. etc etc 1 Quote
RosieBarron Posted September 7, 2026 at 04:48 AM Posted September 7, 2026 at 04:48 AM On 9/7/2026 at 3:58 AM, Zoespack said: Unfortunately, she tends to deliberately tone down her accent when she is in France. From what I heard lately, it is now more of a mix than at other times when the imitation is obvious. This likely stems from her childhood, when she was trying to win over a French audience, but also from a cultural complex regarding the French reputation for snobbery (certainly well-earned when it comes to the cultural sphere). It is a pity, because she is perfectly easy to understand on Quebec shows. We love her spontaneous way of speaking. I hope now she does the imitation / mix for fun, too ! Also, although she naturally loses her accent when singing, the pronunciation of certain sounds often remains distinct—the "on," "en," and "ê" sounds are different, and it is delightful. On L’Hymne à l’Amour, for exemple, it introduced a subtile novelty in this monument of a song that was beautiful. She does it so that she is understood in France. It is a simple as that. Not every French person would understand Canadian French at full flow. Its like me as an English person trying to understand a Jamaican or them trying to understand a Glasweigan accent. It's all English but it sounds different and some of the words are different. That is why most languages develop a standard form too. In France she speaks standard French. It isn't something she is doing for effect. 3 Quote
Shocker Posted September 7, 2026 at 04:53 AM Posted September 7, 2026 at 04:53 AM On 9/7/2026 at 12:10 AM, Els said: I'll be at both! Same here 1 Quote
symon Posted September 7, 2026 at 04:59 AM Posted September 7, 2026 at 04:59 AM (edited) My playlist is too long I have to cut 😅 I think we as re going to get 25 songs. Je Chanterai must be the opener https://open.spotify.com/playlist/5GrJ6UV34hcB7YAfGc8gkx?si=LJRPFa1HRF6pcLgOSllOkw&utm_source=copy-link&pi=xFreWJmMTxS7X Edited September 7, 2026 at 05:10 AM by symon Quote
Céline RO Posted September 7, 2026 at 05:18 AM Posted September 7, 2026 at 05:18 AM On 9/7/2026 at 12:12 AM, Nmj said: Well if they were okay with CWT vocals then hopefully they’ll be very happy with these vocals. It surely has to be light years better. Plus there’s probably going to be a decent amount of very high quality pre-recorded vocals, like there was on the CWT (hence the positive reviews), so her biggest hits are likely to sound the way they’ve always done anyway. Quote The best is yet to come...
Céline RO Posted September 7, 2026 at 05:21 AM Posted September 7, 2026 at 05:21 AM On 9/7/2026 at 12:14 AM, Peppercorn1991 said: Are we forgetting that she has always been slated for talking in a Quebec accent previously in France - she is trying to appease everyone. Kev x At least it’s understandable that you would speak with your native accent, and in her case it’s just so obviously unnatural when she doesn’t. Quote The best is yet to come...
Céline RO Posted September 7, 2026 at 05:22 AM Posted September 7, 2026 at 05:22 AM On 9/7/2026 at 1:14 AM, remykyes said: Still hoping that Celine will bring the show to Montreal at some point. I'm close enough that it'd be a fun roadtrip. I think I heard Céline say “see you soon” when asked by fans to give a message to people in Quebec. Could mean something. 2 Quote The best is yet to come...
Shamrock_1982 Posted September 7, 2026 at 05:30 AM Posted September 7, 2026 at 05:30 AM On 9/7/2026 at 3:31 AM, Celine Fan 77 said: What about The Greatest Reward? And do we think there are going to be special guests to perform with her? I hope not, I just want her to be the protagonist. Good shout… but the U.S version 😊 1 Quote
Shamrock_1982 Posted September 7, 2026 at 05:31 AM Posted September 7, 2026 at 05:31 AM (edited) On 9/7/2026 at 6:22 AM, Céline RO said: I think I heard Céline say “see you soon” when asked by fans to give a message to people in Quebec. Could mean something. She also said that to Kelly Clarkson in a video to her after the Olympics and over two years later they still ain’t met up 😂 Edited September 7, 2026 at 05:32 AM by Shamrock_1982 1 1 Quote
symon Posted September 7, 2026 at 06:02 AM Posted September 7, 2026 at 06:02 AM Je ne vous oublie pas could also be a beautiful opener with a choir 4 Quote
Celine Fan 77 Posted September 7, 2026 at 06:19 AM Posted September 7, 2026 at 06:19 AM My dream opener: J’attendais (the lyrics make all the makes sense and it would also be a kind of trip back to her peak during the D’eux Tour). Realistically: I’m 95% convinced she’ll start with Bonjour, Pardon, Merci. At first I wasn’t a fan of the idea but I think it could do wonders. just imagine there’s a blackout, the piano intro sounds, then it stops and we hear Celine’s voice singing the first few lines acapella. 4 Quote Tournée Européenne in Paris (December 1, 2013) Céline Dion Live 2016 in Antwerp (June 20, 2016) Céline Dion Live 2017 in Birmingham (July 27, 2017) Céline Dion à Paris (September 12, 2026)
Popular Post Alice Posted September 7, 2026 at 06:23 AM Popular Post Posted September 7, 2026 at 06:23 AM Gosh, it's getting so hard to focus on anything but Celine! 7 4 Quote
Peppercorn1991 Posted September 7, 2026 at 07:00 AM Posted September 7, 2026 at 07:00 AM On 9/6/2026 at 11:50 PM, SuperLove4Celine said: Anyone think there's a decent shot at her performing "Ten Days," or a cover of the OG, "Tombre?" I have been wondering about this too!! I hope so. Kev x Quote
noyau Posted September 7, 2026 at 07:48 AM Posted September 7, 2026 at 07:48 AM Hi Céline fans! ❤️ I’ll be in Paris this weekend for Céline’s concert, from Friday to Monday, and I’ll also be at the Red Heads after-party! I’d love to go see her at the Royal Monceau as well, and I’ll probably check out the pop-up store on Sunday. Is anyone else going on their own? Would anyone like to connect and meet up while we’re there? 😊 Also, I should have one extra ticket for the concert. I’ve been holding onto it specifically because I’d really like it to go to a huge Céline fan, and I’m planning to sell it in person. So if you’re going to be in Paris this weekend, you’re a HUGE fan (I’ll test your Céline knowledge hahaha 😜), and you don’t have a ticket for the 12th, feel free to message me! Have a great day, and I seriously can’t wait for this weekend!!! ❤️🎶 2 Quote ***I speak French, sorry for my mistakes in English. I would be very happy if you write me a private message to tell me when I make mistakes, as I want to improve my English***
AXG_16 Posted September 7, 2026 at 08:58 AM Posted September 7, 2026 at 08:58 AM (edited) Le Parisien will host a live chat starting at 1 p.m. (Paris time) today. https://www.leparisien.fr/culture-loisirs/musique/direct-celine-dion-concerts-a-paris-repetitions-dialogue-avec-ses-fans-posez-vos-questions-sur-le-retour-de-la-chanteuse-07-09-2026-I54XQLUU6ZDHLPHLOMEUAJEFZ4.php Edited September 7, 2026 at 08:59 AM by AXG_16 1 1 Quote
Celine Fan 77 Posted September 7, 2026 at 09:10 AM Posted September 7, 2026 at 09:10 AM 🌟 On connait bien la chanson Spécial Céline Dion with English Subtitles. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1y8BkGo3WdOtP98s6cEXMz1VTjBV841JS/view?usp=drivesdk The host is lovely, such a funny lady! What do you guys think about the lady called Dafida? I found her extremely annoying. 1 Quote Tournée Européenne in Paris (December 1, 2013) Céline Dion Live 2016 in Antwerp (June 20, 2016) Céline Dion Live 2017 in Birmingham (July 27, 2017) Céline Dion à Paris (September 12, 2026)
Shocker Posted September 7, 2026 at 09:57 AM Posted September 7, 2026 at 09:57 AM On 9/7/2026 at 8:19 AM, Celine Fan 77 said: My dream opener: J’attendais (the lyrics make all the makes sense and it would also be a kind of trip back to her peak during the D’eux Tour). Realistically: I’m 95% convinced she’ll start with Bonjour, Pardon, Merci. At first I wasn’t a fan of the idea but I think it could do wonders. just imagine there’s a blackout, the piano intro sounds, then it stops and we hear Celine’s voice singing the first few lines acapella. That all give me goosebumps! luckily, i only have to work Today and tomorrow, looking forward full of joy to the 12th starting wednesday 😍 2 Quote
woodstock Posted September 7, 2026 at 10:03 AM Posted September 7, 2026 at 10:03 AM (edited) On 9/7/2026 at 11:10 AM, Celine Fan 77 said: 🌟 On connait bien la chanson Spécial Céline Dion with English Subtitles. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1y8BkGo3WdOtP98s6cEXMz1VTjBV841JS/view?usp=drivesdk The host is lovely, such a funny lady! What do you guys think about the lady called Dafida? I found her extremely annoying. Ho, you mean Afida. Well...don't give her any consideration : she is invited in some tv shows just because she's one of those weirdos. You know, the kind of person that no one takes seriously. She's embarassing, but that's precisely why she is invited ! (but you're right about Laurence Boccolini : she is so adorable and talented. 25 years ago she was the host of the french version of "The weakest link" and people used to think she was mean for real and she really had hard times after that because of that ) Edited September 7, 2026 at 10:09 AM by woodstock Quote
Alice Posted September 7, 2026 at 10:06 AM Posted September 7, 2026 at 10:06 AM On 9/7/2026 at 11:57 AM, Shocker said: That all give me goosebumps! luckily, i only have to work Today and tomorrow, looking forward full of joy to the 12th starting wednesday 😍 Yay for not having to work which would stand in the way of celebrating Celine! 1 Quote
Celine Fan 77 Posted September 7, 2026 at 10:15 AM Posted September 7, 2026 at 10:15 AM On 9/7/2026 at 12:03 PM, woodstock said: Ho, you mean Afida. Well...don't give her any consideration : she is invited in some tv shows just because she's one of those weirdos. You know, the kind of person that no one takes seriously. She's embarassing, but that's precisely why she is invited ! (but you're right about Laurence Boccolini : she is so adorable and talented. 25 years ago she was the host of the french version of "The weakest link" and people used to think she was mean for real and she really had hard times after that because of that ) Interesting to know! lol thanks for telling me about that singer, I thought she was actually taking herself seriously. About Laurence, she’s clearly a professional. It can’t be easy to manage all those contestants at the TV studio and she did wonderful. Quote Tournée Européenne in Paris (December 1, 2013) Céline Dion Live 2016 in Antwerp (June 20, 2016) Céline Dion Live 2017 in Birmingham (July 27, 2017) Céline Dion à Paris (September 12, 2026)
woodstock Posted September 7, 2026 at 10:21 AM Posted September 7, 2026 at 10:21 AM (edited) On 9/7/2026 at 12:15 PM, Celine Fan 77 said: Interesting to know! lol thanks for telling me about that singer, I thought she was actually taking herself seriously. Oh don't get me wrong : she takes herself seriously...but she's the only one 🤣 Edited September 7, 2026 at 10:22 AM by woodstock 3 Quote
Popular Post Shaun Posted September 7, 2026 at 10:55 AM Popular Post Posted September 7, 2026 at 10:55 AM On 9/6/2026 at 11:50 PM, SuperLove4Celine said: Anyone think there's a decent shot at her performing "Ten Days," or a cover of the OG, "Tombre?" As long as she doesn’t bring the damn guitar out too! 😂 1 10 Quote Bringing you the world's only Celine Dion podcast show since 2014.Find us on Soundcloud, Apple Podcasts, Spotify & Amazon Music.
Cuchi Posted September 7, 2026 at 10:56 AM Posted September 7, 2026 at 10:56 AM On 9/7/2026 at 7:19 AM, Celine Fan 77 said: My dream opener: J’attendais (the lyrics make all the makes sense and it would also be a kind of trip back to her peak during the D’eux Tour). Realistically: I’m 95% convinced she’ll start with Bonjour, Pardon, Merci. At first I wasn’t a fan of the idea but I think it could do wonders. just imagine there’s a blackout, the piano intro sounds, then it stops and we hear Celine’s voice singing the first few lines acapella. Agreed that 'Bonjour, Pardon, Merci' would fit from a lyrics perspective. However, is it the most relevant from her career as an opener? So many other songs would be more 'emotionally' suitable. 'J’attendais' or 'Je chanterai' would be superb. Or 'Pour que tu m'aimes encore', or 'L'amour existe encore' (although that will be tough vocally). 'J’attendais, j’attendais, J’attendais ton regard pour expliquer enfin Le pourquoi de ces au revoir À tout ce long chemin' Quote
mirage Posted September 7, 2026 at 11:07 AM Posted September 7, 2026 at 11:07 AM I don't know if she can top her 90s performances of Le Blues Du Bussinesman and Quand On Na Que L'amour but I would love to witness those songs in real life. 3 Quote
Céline RO Posted September 7, 2026 at 11:13 AM Posted September 7, 2026 at 11:13 AM On 9/7/2026 at 5:31 AM, Celine Fan 77 said: What about The Greatest Reward? And do we think there are going to be special guests to perform with her? I hope not, I just want her to be the protagonist. I don’t think there will be special guests, maybe one or two at most for a performance each but not a staple in the show. Like she did on the CWT with Bleu Jeans Bleu, or on the TCWT with Charice and Yuna Ito. The show is clearly built to focus on Céline and her voice, with minimal distractions. 3 Quote The best is yet to come...
Popular Post stevo Posted September 7, 2026 at 11:23 AM Popular Post Posted September 7, 2026 at 11:23 AM I'd be happy with no special guests, unless it's a one-off with JJG. I think the show should be about her, her songs and her voice 12 Quote
Els Posted September 7, 2026 at 11:29 AM Posted September 7, 2026 at 11:29 AM On 9/7/2026 at 4:58 AM, DianaForCeline said: What is the afterparty? I have tickets to opening night but did not know about this. https://www.eventbrite.fr/e/billets-celine-is-everything-aftershow-party-1990149562916?aff=oddtdtcreator 1 Quote
mirage Posted September 7, 2026 at 11:30 AM Posted September 7, 2026 at 11:30 AM Remember that fb post that Kaven posted last week?He tagged this guy Jordan Levesque. Looking at his page he is a singer as well, could he be the new background singer? https://www.instagram.com/jordanlevesquemusique?stkn=MTBjcjJ6NnJpanAxMQ== 3 Quote
AXG_16 Posted September 7, 2026 at 11:41 AM Posted September 7, 2026 at 11:41 AM On 9/7/2026 at 1:30 PM, mirage said: Remember that fb post that Kaven posted last week?He tagged this guy Jordan Levesque. Looking at his page he is a singer as well, could he be the new background singer? https://www.instagram.com/jordanlevesquemusique?stkn=MTBjcjJ6NnJpanAxMQ== Looks like we've got a successor to Barnev to sing “Beauty and the Beast,” haha 🤣🤭 1 Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.