Jump to content

Concert residency in Paris 2026/2027! *Spoilers*


Recommended Posts

Posted
On 9/6/2026 at 6:49 PM, Celine Fan 77 said:

Who is attending opening night? It would be awesome to meet some of you guys at the after party if you’re going!

I will be going to the after party. Can't wait

  • Like 3
Posted

Wow, a gospel choir!? I’m all in for a medley of Call The Man, Thankful, The Hard Way and Sur le même bateau!

 

One can dream 😇

  • Like 2

Tournée Européenne in Paris (December 1, 2013)

Céline Dion Live 2016 in Antwerp (June 20, 2016)

Céline Dion Live 2017 in Birmingham (July 27, 2017)

Céline Dion à Paris (September 12, 2026)

Posted
On 9/6/2026 at 7:15 PM, BartFCS said:

I'll be there!

I'm still on the fence with after party though... I would love to meet some other fans as well

I went to the after party in 2017 and 2018 (she cancelled the shows then, but still a party) and it was awesome!! Recommend!

  • Like 1
Posted
On 9/6/2026 at 1:04 PM, Celine Fan 77 said:

Wow, a gospel choir!? I’m all in for a medley of Call The Man, Thankful, The Hard Way and Sur le même bateau!

 

One can dream 😇

“Sur le même bateau” has been a hope of mine for years! Fingers crossed.

  • Like 3
Posted

i'm getting very excited for these shows! I'm keeping my expectations of her vocals a bit low just because I don't want to be disappointed. But 2 hours and 15 minutes? That's as long as the first couple 2017 tour dates isn't it? I personally wouldn't expect songs like Let's Talk About Love, or many nonsingle English songs. We have to remember this is a French show. But please more than 4 French songs.
 Can she be heard singing in any clips shared so far? I mainly heard the crowd. I thought they were being kind of inconsiderate at points. I understand being excited but I just felt like they were being loud considering she must have been close to a lot of them.

Posted
On 9/6/2026 at 4:21 PM, Abodi2002 said:

i'm getting very excited for these shows! I'm keeping my expectations of her vocals a bit low just because I don't want to be disappointed. But 2 hours and 15 minutes? That's as long as the first couple 2017 tour dates isn't it? I personally wouldn't expect songs like Let's Talk About Love, or many nonsingle English songs. We have to remember this is a French show. But please more than 4 French songs.
 Can she be heard singing in any clips shared so far? I mainly heard the crowd. I thought they were being kind of inconsiderate at points. I understand being excited but I just felt like they were being loud considering she must have been close to a lot of them.

Her manager already said there will more English songs than a normal French show because this her return to the world. I’m willing to bet it could nearly 50/50. 

  • Like 1
Posted
On 9/6/2026 at 10:48 PM, mirage said:

Don't get your hopes up on way more songs yet. Remember the article about the stage design?

"No old-fashioned sets, but screens and displays showing videos and several short films to mark the different acts of the concert."

Guess we get a lot of interludes as well, so maybe that will count up on the time.

However, Le Parisien emphasized that Céline will actually spend a lot of the time onstage singing, with only limited breaks. Granted, in 2016 she never left the stage so it’s probably not a good benchmark to use. I think Céline could easily spend a total of 30 minutes talking, then the outfit changes would probably add up to around 15-20 minutes, leaving us with around 90 minutes of singing. 25 songs seems about right to me.

The best is yet to come...
Posted
On 9/6/2026 at 5:33 PM, Nmj said:

Her manager already said there will more English songs than a normal French show because this her return to the world. I’m willing to bet it could nearly 50/50. 

Oh ya many English only speaking fans coming to this event; it’ll definitely be half English 

  • Like 1
Posted
On 9/6/2026 at 10:40 PM, LukeD said:

This is a hint, probably, that she has been revisiting her discography, looking for songs that could work within the current context.   

Well she obviously skipped “Contre nature” :laugh:

  • Haha 3
  • Sad 2
The best is yet to come...
Posted

I wish Céline would stop trying to adapt her accent, at times it makes her sound rather strange. For example, she tries so hard to force out the Quebec pronunciation on the sounds di/du/ti/tu that she ends up accidentally making those sounds in other places, making her sound like she has a weird lisp. Same with the rounding of the ‘ah’ vowel.

On a side note, I think I’ve realized what it is about her face that seems different - whether due to a procedure or not. It’s her ‘jaws’. The lower side of her face is significantly tighter now, like it has been pulled back. It’s more heart-shaped, whereas before her ‘jaws’ used to hang lower on the sides of her face. She had had that her entire life, so I guess a part of the ‘Céline look’ is lost,  but the new appearance does make her look younger so I’m all for it. 

The best is yet to come...
Posted (edited)
On 9/6/2026 at 11:21 PM, Abodi2002 said:

But 2 hours and 15 minutes? That's as long as the first couple 2017 tour dates isn't it?

That’s probably a good benchmark to use, as in 2017 there were both outfit changes and speeches included. Like I said in a previous post, 25 songs seems like a good approximation. In any case, I don’t think we’ll hit 30.

Edited by Céline RO
The best is yet to come...
Posted
On 9/6/2026 at 9:21 PM, Abodi2002 said:

i'm getting very excited for these shows! I'm keeping my expectations of her vocals a bit low just because I don't want to be disappointed. 

I think the thing I’ve come to acknowledge and place at the forefront of my mind more recently is that, even if she has successfully fought off every symptom of SPS as it pertains to her voice and can sing with a voice that’s “fat” (her words), she’s still 58. And at that age, the range will lower, it won’t be as flexible, and it won’t be as robust as it was. It’s just nature. It’s been 6 years since she last really *sang* live, so regardless it’s going to be a different voice. But from the snippets of singing we heard over the weekend, I think she does sound beautiful. 

  • Like 1
Posted (edited)
On 9/6/2026 at 11:55 PM, AdrienneM said:

I think the thing I’ve come to acknowledge and place at the forefront of my mind more recently is that, even if she has successfully fought off every symptom of SPS as it pertains to her voice and can sing with a voice that’s “fat” (her words), she’s still 58. And at that age, the range will lower, it won’t be as flexible, and it won’t be as robust as it was. It’s just nature. It’s been 6 years since she last really *sang* live, so regardless it’s going to be a different voice. But from the snippets of singing we heard over the weekend, I think she does sound beautiful. 

For sure. On the other hand, I don’t think they’d be letting their official media partner describe her voice as being “back to what it was before”, “wondrous” and “incredible” if she couldn’t deliver on the very very high expectations they’re creating. The whole message with this comeback has been that Céline is back better than ever, and they seem to be going out of their way to make that an absolute fact without buts and asterisks (huge commitment, spectacular staging, long show, even cosmetic procedures). We shall see if the voice too can live up to the hype.

Edited by Céline RO
  • Like 2
The best is yet to come...
Posted
On 9/6/2026 at 10:02 PM, Céline RO said:

For sure. On the other hand, I don’t think they’d be letting their official media partner describe her voice as being “back to what it was before”, “wondrous” and “incredible” if she couldn’t deliver on the very very high expectations they’re creating. The whole message with this comeback has been that Céline is back better than ever, and they seem to be going out of their way to make that an absolute fact without buts and asterisks (huge commitment, spectacular staging, long show, even cosmetic procedures). We shall see if the voice too can live up to the hype.

True, but there’s obviously a little bit of hyperbole in there as is part of the marketing (not that there’s a problem with that, it’s needed as an assurance for people, and im glad they’re doing it). Aside from that, it’s also natural to say you’re or someone else is doing better than ever after such a devastating period of poor health. We’ll see how she sounds really going for it on night one, but I have really come to terms with whatever it sounds like, it’s going to be Celine at 58 not Celine at 28… and in that regard it’s what the media and the general public is likely to say that worries me.  

  • Like 2
Posted
On 9/6/2026 at 5:09 PM, AdrienneM said:

True, but there’s obviously a little bit of hyperbole in there as is part of the marketing (not that there’s a problem with that, it’s needed as an assurance for people, and im glad they’re doing it). Aside from that, it’s also natural to say you’re or someone else is doing better than ever after such a devastating period of poor health. We’ll see how she sounds really going for it on night one, but I have really come to terms with whatever it sounds like, it’s going to be Celine at 58 not Celine at 28… and in that regard it’s what the media and the general public is likely to say that worries me.  

Well if they were okay with CWT vocals then hopefully they’ll be very happy with these vocals. It surely has to be light years better. 

Posted
On 9/5/2026 at 6:36 PM, Nmj said:

Spot on 😂 

That was meee! 😂🫶🏼

  • Like 1
Posted
On 9/6/2026 at 9:48 PM, Céline RO said:

I wish Céline would stop trying to adapt her accent, at times it makes her sound rather strange. For example, she tries so hard to force out the Quebec pronunciation on the sounds di/du/ti/tu that she ends up accidentally making those sounds in other places, making her sound like she has a weird lisp. Same with the rounding of the ‘ah’ vowel.

On a side note, I think I’ve realized what it is about her face that seems different - whether due to a procedure or not. It’s her ‘jaws’. The lower side of her face is significantly tighter now, like it has been pulled back. It’s more heart-shaped, whereas before her ‘jaws’ used to hang lower on the sides of her face. She had had that her entire life, so I guess a part of the ‘Céline look’ is lost,  but the new appearance does make her look younger so I’m all for it. 

Are we forgetting that she has always been slated for talking in a Quebec accent previously in France - she is trying to appease everyone. 

Kev x

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Posted
On 9/6/2026 at 8:49 PM, Celine Fan 77 said:

Who is attending opening night? It would be awesome to meet some of you guys at the after party if you’re going!

I'll be at both!

Posted

I'm so excited for everyone. Going to watch from home via that YouTube channel that hopefully will find streams and whatnot. Still hoping that Celine will bring the show to Montreal at some point. I'm close enough that it'd be a fun roadtrip. Can't believe we're getting so close to opening night!

  • Like 3

New Signature Coming Soon!

Posted
On 9/6/2026 at 7:14 PM, remykyes said:

I'm so excited for everyone. Going to watch from home via that YouTube channel that hopefully will find streams and whatnot. Still hoping that Celine will bring the show to Montreal at some point. I'm close enough that it'd be a fun roadtrip. Can't believe we're getting so close to opening night!

There are rumors of her re-opening the Olympic stadium in Montreal once renovations are complete. Fingers crossed because my friends and I are already planning just in case.

  • Like 3
Instagram: @delphis78
Posted

Anyone think there's a decent shot at her performing "Ten Days," or a cover of the OG, "Tombre?"

Posted
On 9/6/2026 at 6:37 PM, Del said:

There are rumors of her re-opening the Olympic stadium in Montreal once renovations are complete. Fingers crossed because my friends and I are already planning just in case.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Centre Bell because I don't know if I can wait 2 more years! 😅

  • Haha 1

New Signature Coming Soon!

Posted

LTAL please 🥹

  • Like 1

🇳🇱Amsterdam: 2-6-08, Arnhem: 23-6-17 🇧🇪 Antwerp: 21&22-11-13 + 20&21-6-2016, 🇬🇧 London: 20&21-6-17 + 5-7-2019, Birmingham: 3-8-17 🇫🇷 Lille: 2-7-17,  Paris: 9-7-17, 12&19-9-26, 17-10-26, 8&15&29-5-27 🇩🇪 Berlin: 23&24-7-2017

The best is yet to come, encore un soir…

Posted

Can't wait to watch livestreams! It'll be a first for me. If most of them will be on facebook or instagram that would work. just 6 more days!

Posted
On 9/6/2026 at 6:50 PM, SuperLove4Celine said:

Anyone think there's a decent shot at her performing "Ten Days," or a cover of the OG, "Tombre?"

 

Maybe Ten Days if we ever get a primarily English show from her. I'd say the chances are low for Paris, but considering it's been 6 years I won't say it's impossible

Posted
On 9/6/2026 at 4:28 PM, Abodi2002 said:

 

Maybe Ten Days if we ever get a primarily English show from her. I'd say the chances are low for Paris, but considering it's been 6 years I won't say it's impossible

The song was included on the French edition of the "My Love" collection. So, I'm hoping there's a decent chance of the song being added. Fingers crossed!

Posted
On 9/6/2026 at 12:47 PM, Celinemaniac said:

 

She has many songs that could feature a (gospel) choir: "Call the man", "New dawn", "Zora sourit", among others.

Don’t forget in some small way had a choir! She sang live on Jay lenos show and it was far better than the album version 

  • Like 4
Posted

What about The Greatest Reward? And do we think there are going to be special guests to perform with her? I hope not, I just want her to be the protagonist. 

  • Like 2

Tournée Européenne in Paris (December 1, 2013)

Céline Dion Live 2016 in Antwerp (June 20, 2016)

Céline Dion Live 2017 in Birmingham (July 27, 2017)

Céline Dion à Paris (September 12, 2026)

Posted
On 9/6/2026 at 3:26 PM, Celine Fan 77 said:

I think some Quebec media are just being dramatic. Trust me, she’ll definitely “get” her Quebec accent back once she goes there. But I agree, she sounds more “Parisien” lately, at least to me. 

Unfortunately, she tends to deliberately tone down her accent when she is in France. From what I heard lately, it is now more of a mix than at other times when the imitation is obvious. This likely stems from her childhood, when she was trying to win over a French audience, but also from a cultural complex regarding the French reputation for snobbery (certainly well-earned when it comes to the cultural sphere). It is a pity, because she is perfectly easy to understand on Quebec shows. We love her spontaneous way of speaking. I hope now she does the imitation / mix for fun, too !

Also, although she naturally loses her accent when singing, the pronunciation of certain sounds often remains distinct—the "on," "en," and "ê" sounds are different, and it is delightful. On L’Hymne à l’Amour, for exemple, it introduced a subtile novelty in this monument of a song that was beautiful.

  • Like 1
Posted
On 9/6/2026 at 6:10 PM, Els said:

I'll be at both!

What is the afterparty? I have tickets to opening night but did not know about this. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   4 members

    • LukeD
    • anewdayhascome
    • Nmj
    • D.V.
×
×
  • Create New...