Jump to content

Céline Dion and the Paris 2024 Summer Olympic Games


Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
I am watching the Olympic Games right now. Women's Football Germany vs Australia. I can't wait for tomorrow night. Edited by comingback
Posted (edited)

When you confirm something without actually confirming it…

 

Javascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to view

Click here to view the Tweet

 

This is like the interview yesterday where she also said something like “there are various roles to be done in an opening ceremony”… which sounds a lot like hinting she might be doing something else (as well?) Probably wishing thinking.

Edited by scielle
  • Like 1
Posted
Do we know how the torch is being lit..? Maybe she lights the eiffel tower 🤩
  • Like 1

Philadelphia, PA, Sept 5 2008.

New York, NY, Sept 16 2008, Madison-Freaking-Square Garden.

Posted

Maybe the Billy Joel tribute was a 'clear the path' for a New York Residency announcement

I was thinking the exact same thing !

 

It seems wild but the part where Céline mentions that MSG is a favored venue for her sticks out to me, considering she hasn’t performed there since 2008 and it appears her concert promoters work with Barclays Center instead. Interesting especially in light of them giving us all these signs and Easter eggs. Who knows…

  • Like 1
The best is yet to come...
Posted

since we are almost certain the days of full length tours are done.

 

I genuinely believe she’ll return to touring too (like actual touring), mark my words, but yes let’s take it one step at a time: Olympics, then Vegas, and then we’ll see…

  • Like 1
The best is yet to come...
Posted

She looks so exhausted and tired. Certainly the love of the people there give her strength - apart from those only demanding her autograph or a selfie!

 

More of those pictures to be found @ Getty: https://www.gettyimages.at/search/2/image?family=editorial&phrase=celine%20dion

 

I think that she might be tired. For years, she was not that active. But she's also a 56 years-old woman who hasn't had any face work done, has been through a lot in her life and deals with a terrible disease. However, I'm very optimistic about the whole thing. If ahe decided to go for it, she feels ok - strong and confident enough about herself to do it. I will stick to my opinion - she probably didn't get her 12 hours of sleep 😝😝😝

  • Like 4
Posted

I genuinely believe she’ll return to touring too (like actual touring), mark my words, but yes let’s take it one step at a time: Olympics, then Vegas, and then we’ll see…

Yeah touring is till quite possible, but most likely with a stripped down schedule like 2 dates a week. That way the tour may last longer but she gets more rest in between shows, more time to actually see the world and who cares how long a tour may last :)
Posted (edited)

What "ParisMatch" knows ... :hmm: :rolleyes:

 

https://www.parismatch.com/People

Like I said earlier, the tabloids have been writing about the wrong girl for years. Angelique isn’t his girlfriend, Alexa is, and she’s the one in those pics with RC. (And the one Celine spoke about in that interview some years back, the one with the twin sister. I think it was maybe on Sucré Salé?)

 

 

Edited by scielle
Posted

Like I said earlier, the tabloids have been writing about the wrong girl for years. Angelique isn't his girlfriend, Alexa is, and she's the one in those pics with RC. (And the one Celine spoke about in that interview some years back, the one with the twin sister. I think it was maybe on Sucré Salé?)

 

ohmy.png

https://www.purepeople.com/media/et-dans-un-look-surprenant-rene-charles_m7747895

Posted

Céline met the French First Lady, Brigitte Macron, who came to visit her at the Royal Monceau:

 

https://www.parismatch.com/people/brigitte-macron-et-celine-dion-reunies-la-veille-de-la-ceremonie-douverture-des-jeux-olympiques-239953

 

Yes, someone had posted those pics here earlier today but it was actually from yesterday PM. Brigitte Macron happened to come by as I was passing by the hotel (didn’t personally see her but people were talking about having just seen her go in).

 

 

 

  • Like 1
Posted

Yeah touring is till quite possible, but most likely with a stripped down schedule like 2 dates a week. That way the tour may last longer but she gets more rest in between shows, more time to actually see the world and who cares how long a tour may last :)

 

Yes, exactly. I’m certain she’s going to want to do a full scale European tour as soon as she feels capable (and her Vegas schedule allows) in order to make up for the canceled shows, she did say that she hopes to see European fans “very soon”, and I don’t think she meant the Olympics. It may well be that she does 2 shows a week like you said, and the tour may take half a year, but I fully expect hopping from one country to another to be back.

  • Like 1
The best is yet to come...
Posted

Exactly. Wrong girl all over the tabloids. One of them wrote a story about AW at some point in the last year or two and the rest just ran with it. But it was always the wrong girl.

 

why - and how - do you know?

Posted (edited)

 

Like I said earlier, the tabloids have been writing about the wrong girl for years. Angelique isn’t his girlfriend, Alexa is, and she’s the one in those pics with RC. (And the one Celine spoke about in that interview some years back, the one with the twin sister. I think it was maybe on Sucré Salé?)

 

She spoke about it here I believe at the 11:00 mark…. Which was nearly have 5 years ago, so if it’s the same girlfriend… she must be a keeper being around half a decade or a bit more now. :)

 

Edited by Nmj
Posted

Like I said earlier, the tabloids have been writing about the wrong girl for years. Angelique isn't his girlfriend, Alexa is, and she's the one in those pics with RC. (And the one Celine spoke about in that interview some years back, the one with the twin sister. I think it was maybe on Sucré Salé?)

 

Sucré Salé?! As in this is the same girl that Céline said she was freaking out when seeing her resting her hand on RC’s thigh? If so then that’s one serious long lasting relationship, quite admirable. I personally remember Céline talking about Alexa during a phone interview in January 2020:

 

The best is yet to come...
Posted

why - and how - do you know?

1. Céline told us

2. It’s pretty easy to figure out from socials, especially if you followed RC when he was more active on IG and when he was tagged in photos from his friend group

I could say more but I won’t, as I don’t feel it would be appropriate.

 

 

  • Like 1
Posted
Has Celine not been spotted yet? Maybe she’s opting to rest the whole day before tomorrow’s big day? It’s already 10 pm Paris time?
  • Like 1
Posted (edited)

So I’m currently hanging out by the Trocadero, where they’re rehearsing some of the protocol. Think they just rehearsed a flag-bearer procession (following someone with a white cape riding in on a horse), and they played the Olympic anthem.

No musical rehearsals of any kind that I can see, no action on the tower.

 

Edited by scielle
  • Like 2
Posted
I knew that she is a real fighter and come back. I just hope that she won't be put uner massive pressure once she will get to make even one performance to start with.
  • Like 1

"Needed in the chaos and confusion, from the plains to City Hall

Needed where the proud who walk the wire are set to fall"

Posted

Has Celine not been spotted yet? Maybe she’s opting to rest the whole day before tomorrow’s big day? It’s already 10 pm Paris time?

 

She’s recording the Vegas announcement video in her hotel room :P

  • Like 3
Posted

Has Celine not been spotted yet? Maybe she’s opting to rest the whole day before tomorrow’s big day? It’s already 10 pm Paris time?

Maybe it’s her IVIG day? That normally knocks patients out for a long while, no?

  • Like 1
Posted

Has Celine not been spotted yet? Maybe she’s opting to rest the whole day before tomorrow’s big day? It’s already 10 pm Paris time?

 

Seems like no, could be a rest day. Lady Gaga although just left her hotel half hour ago so never say never.

  • Like 1
Posted

Honestly I’ve been sitting here by the tower & Trocadero for a while (tower is looking awfully sexy!), and they only just started rehearsing. I wouldn’t be surprised if anything Gaga / Céline-related were in the dead of night, so as to have as few people here as possible.

Also, think I just smelled some kind of fuel… cauldron lighting rehearsal, perhaps?

  • Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...