Nmj Posted November 27, 2020 at 02:01 AM Posted November 27, 2020 at 02:01 AM We all know Celine is not pushy and wouldn't ask for more time. She just does whatever they want her to. Oh well. That’s when you hire a manager to “push”. Rene would’ve done the pushing just like any other artist or manager does. I think Aldo did some “pushing” and that’s why he’s gone. 3 Quote
manolo19 Posted November 27, 2020 at 02:02 AM Posted November 27, 2020 at 02:02 AM We all know Celine is not pushy and wouldn't ask for more time. She just does whatever they want her to. Oh well. 4 times in a row ... I wish she would give us something from her own will like winter song Quote
Xpresso Posted November 27, 2020 at 02:02 AM Posted November 27, 2020 at 02:02 AM That’s when you hire a manager to “push”. Rene would’ve done the pushing just like any other artist or manager does.I think Aldo did some “pushing” and that’s why he’s gone.In normal times yes, but for a benefit concert there's only so much pushing a manager can do. 1 Quote
Xpresso Posted November 27, 2020 at 02:04 AM Posted November 27, 2020 at 02:04 AM 4 times in a row ... I wish she would give us something from her own will like winter songMaybe for Xmas! Let's see if we are lucky. 1 Quote
queenofvegas Posted November 27, 2020 at 02:13 AM Posted November 27, 2020 at 02:13 AM The advertisement was what made it seem as though Celine was actually getting a bigger role in the show. They used her name for promo and gave her only 27 seconds of screen time. What a joke. 5 Quote
PuraVida Posted November 27, 2020 at 02:20 AM Posted November 27, 2020 at 02:20 AM Yes , correct , I am talking about tragic events when it's time be good and give it all like René said .. Celine was amazing with lamour existe encore, god bless america and l'hymne a l'amour for the bataclan at the Amas... but if there is one time in your life you should give one heartfelt performance for one song ... it is during this unprecedented time , she always speaks how therapeutic music can be ... something is off with her . Anyway I don't loose hope ... I just would have preferred no performance at all Yup. It's just sad that people don't seem to have had a bigger response to 9/11 rather than this far more deadly and dangerous phenomenon of COVID. Both horrible, of course. In this case, Celine has only given us 1 song a half really. Quote
jepoi Posted November 27, 2020 at 02:21 AM Posted November 27, 2020 at 02:21 AM Right. Something is off with her. Yes , correct , I am talking about tragic events when it's time be good and give it all like René said .. Celine was amazing with lamour existe encore, god bless america and l'hymne a l'amour for the bataclan at the Amas... but if there is one time in your life you should give one heartfelt performance for one song ... it is during this unprecedented time , she always speaks how therapeutic music can be ... something is off with her . Anyway I don't loose hope ... I just would have preferred no performance at all Quote
weasley123 Posted November 27, 2020 at 02:21 AM Posted November 27, 2020 at 02:21 AM We all know Celine is not pushy and wouldn't ask for more time. She just does whatever they want her to. Oh well. So basically, "We want you to sing. And here is your part."And Celine will be lyke "Okay, I'll sing that part." Then "I've done my job. Gimme my money. And I'm outta here ASAP." 3 Quote
Xpresso Posted November 27, 2020 at 02:25 AM Posted November 27, 2020 at 02:25 AM So basically, "We want you to sing. And here is your part."And Celine will be lyke "Okay, I'll sing that part."Then "I've done my job. Gimme my money. And I'm outta here ASAP."I don't think she gets paid for a benefit concert!! 2 Quote
weasley123 Posted November 27, 2020 at 02:29 AM Posted November 27, 2020 at 02:29 AM I don't think she gets paid for a benefit concert!! So that explains why she gave so little effort about this performance? Like she didn't care at all? Quote
Xpresso Posted November 27, 2020 at 02:32 AM Posted November 27, 2020 at 02:32 AM So that explains why she gave so little effort about this performance? Like she didn't care at all?That's what they asked her to do. What is she supposed to do? Throw a tantrum? I understand fans are pissed but that's what it is. No need to condemn Celine. Relax. 2 Quote
marc-02 Posted November 27, 2020 at 02:41 AM Posted November 27, 2020 at 02:41 AM She could have sung God Bless America instead, but instead they gave it to Gloria haha... Quote
SuperLove4Celine Posted November 27, 2020 at 02:53 AM Posted November 27, 2020 at 02:53 AM It's amazing how increasingly cheaper and cheaper in quality she and her team get with each passing year. I really shouldn't be surprised by how things are going, but I am still constantly surprised by how much it's clear she's only in this industry for the fame, notoriety and money. I don't think it could be any clearer that she doesn't give a crap about music itself. She only uses it as a vessel to gain the aforementioned things. It looks like I'll be giving away more of my collection. I can officially say I'm no longer proud being a "fan" of Celine. 5 Quote
PuraVida Posted November 27, 2020 at 03:08 AM Posted November 27, 2020 at 03:08 AM I'm not upset at Celine since this was a hastily-organized thing done by Gloria. I just wish we had heard more of her throughout the pandemic. My fandom of Celine aside, I thought this was a really great event. I really enjoyed it. Quote
PuraVida Posted November 27, 2020 at 03:10 AM Posted November 27, 2020 at 03:10 AM Right. Something is off with her. She HAS lost of her mother this year. That's intense. Also pandemic. And she still is dealing with the death of Rene....it can take a LONG time to get over a marriage like that. Plus, she got screwed over by her old musical companion too. Plus, who knows what's going on with her sons. I have criticized her for sure, but that's because I don't know about her mental or emotional health. Quote
couldawouldashoulda Posted November 27, 2020 at 03:19 AM Posted November 27, 2020 at 03:19 AM In the craziness of the day, I completely forgot this was happening. So glad I didn’t sit down to watch it. I’m glad she got to sing a couple of lines and glad she sounded great! I’ll check out a YouTube clip tomorrow. And I agree with the people who say this was more than likely what the producers asked her to do. Celine’s not the type of person to say “f*** you! I’m singing a full song or I’m not doing your stupid benefit!!!!” She graciously shows up and does what is asked of her. 3 Quote
Nmj Posted November 27, 2020 at 03:28 AM Posted November 27, 2020 at 03:28 AM She HAS lost of her mother this year. That's intense. Also pandemic. And she still is dealing with the death of Rene....it can take a LONG time to get over a marriage like that. Plus, she got screwed over by her old musical companion too. Plus, who knows what's going on with her sons. I have criticized her for sure, but that's because I don't know about her mental or emotional health. If she’s not mentally and physically there she should turn down the offers not do them half #ss. 2 Quote
Nmj Posted November 27, 2020 at 03:30 AM Posted November 27, 2020 at 03:30 AM In the craziness of the day, I completely forgot this was happening. So glad I didn’t sit down to watch it. I’m glad she got to sing a couple of lines and glad she sounded great! I’ll check out a YouTube clip tomorrow. And I agree with the people who say this was more than likely what the producers asked her to do. Celine’s not the type of person to say “f*** you! I’m singing a full song or I’m not doing your stupid benefit!!!!” She graciously shows up and does what is asked of her. Do people really believe the benefit wouldn’t want one of the top 3 biggest names there CELINE to do more than one song?I’m sure they gave her the invitation and asked for the final number with the group but they probably expected more and Celine gave them the bare minimum. 2 Quote
actofcontrition Posted November 27, 2020 at 03:38 AM Posted November 27, 2020 at 03:38 AM (edited) Its like the Une chance qu’on ça in Quebec. She is a QUEEN here and you really think they said to her « ok Celine we want you for 1 line in the song, we dont want you to sing more » of course not! She just dont want to! There is many talk show here that want Celine but they never can because she is always somewhere else in the world. Now she is here with nothing to do since many months and she is nowhere... i dont understand. If i were a star like her, i’ll be so happy to do some tv shows in my hometown. Edited November 27, 2020 at 03:39 AM by actofcontrition 3 Quote
Nmj Posted November 27, 2020 at 03:46 AM Posted November 27, 2020 at 03:46 AM Its like the Une chance qu’on ça in Quebec. She is a QUEEN here and you really think they said to her « ok Celine we want you for 1 line in the song, we dont want you to sing more » of course not! She just dont want to! There is many talk show here that want Celine but they never can because she is always somewhere else in the world. Now she is here with nothing to do since many months and she is nowhere... i dont understand. If i were a star like her, i’ll be so happy to do some tv shows in my hometown. And people actually thought Vegas took Celine away from the world? If anything it gave us more, she actually did do interviews and performances from Caesars dressing and stage... at home it’s likes it’s pulling teeth for her to do anything and then when she does it’s always half #ss. 2 Quote
maki_Dion-er Posted November 27, 2020 at 03:48 AM Posted November 27, 2020 at 03:48 AM I highly doubt the producers of these events aren't asking or offering her time for a solo, she's Celine Dion. That fact she's in the final shot/moment of every one of these events, and that they use her name to promote shows how much they value her. Although not even Andrea Bocelli or Stevie Wonder were given solos. What was up with that? We can speculate a lot but we don't know what's going on in her mind or life, or contracts lol. Won't even try to make up excuses. Not gonna lie, I was mad after the show, I'm still annoyed but I'm putting this aside and just will never expect anything big from these charity events anymore. 1 Quote
jpatdeleon09 Posted November 27, 2020 at 03:48 AM Posted November 27, 2020 at 03:48 AM (edited) Guys relax! Haha We have an upcoming movie But I’m happy that I changed back my alarm so I didn’t wake up early just to see the short appearance of Céline. Praise the Lord! Haha Edited November 27, 2020 at 03:51 AM by jpatdeleon09 Quote
guigafs15 Posted November 27, 2020 at 03:50 AM Posted November 27, 2020 at 03:50 AM (edited) Do people really believe the benefit wouldn’t want one of the top 3 biggest names there CELINE to do more than one song?I’m sure they gave her the invitation and asked for the final number with the group but they probably expected more and Celine gave them the bare minimum. Exactly what I think. This is not Gloria's fault. Specially in this specific concert, where Celine was definitely one of the BIG names. She or TC probably charge for her time on screen and for that they give her little space. Edited November 27, 2020 at 03:53 AM by guigafs15 1 Quote
Nmj Posted November 27, 2020 at 03:57 AM Posted November 27, 2020 at 03:57 AM Exactly what I think. This is not Gloria's fault. Specially in this specific concert, where Celine was definitely one of the BIG names. She or TC probably charge for her time on screen and for that they give her little space. I agree it’s not Glorias fault but Celine also doesn’t charge for a charity benefit 3.8 second appearance. Quote
PuraVida Posted November 27, 2020 at 04:18 AM Posted November 27, 2020 at 04:18 AM Guys relax! Haha We have an upcoming movie But I’m happy that I changed back my alarm so I didn’t wake up early just to see the short appearance of Céline. Praise the Lord! Haha It’s not upcoming they barely started filming. It takes a long time, years even, from start of filming to release date Quote
jpatdeleon09 Posted November 27, 2020 at 04:53 AM Posted November 27, 2020 at 04:53 AM It's not upcoming they barely started filming. It takes a long time, years even, from start of filming to release date Maybe next year holiday they’ll release it. Quote
Angel2006 Posted November 27, 2020 at 05:09 AM Posted November 27, 2020 at 05:09 AM I will choose to only focus on the positives of this performance, because I am just grateful to see and hear Celine at all right now. First off, Celine looked freaking amazing!! Sooooo young and fresh. It is also so great to see her again, plus anything with Gloria Estefan and Andrea with Celine is a plus in my books! Quote
Céline RO Posted November 27, 2020 at 05:24 AM Posted November 27, 2020 at 05:24 AM (edited) Funny how I was just listening to her 2011 performance of “Smile” a few days ago. That being said, NOT FUNNY AT ALL! Edited November 27, 2020 at 05:25 AM by Céline RO Quote The best is yet to come...
jpatdeleon09 Posted November 27, 2020 at 06:16 AM Posted November 27, 2020 at 06:16 AM (edited) As Céline said.. Smile though your heart is aching. Smile even though it’s breaking.. Edited November 27, 2020 at 06:17 AM by jpatdeleon09 4 Quote
Shamrock_1982 Posted November 27, 2020 at 06:38 AM Posted November 27, 2020 at 06:38 AM Remember even though she’s appearing don’t get your hopes up about this appearance! Im not expecting anything amazing anymore from her, but hey if she surprises me, I’m here for it. I rest my case lol. 3 Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.