Jump to content

New Las Vegas residency show!


Recommended Posts

Posted

Well we know for sure they filmed that summer tour concert in London. The only possible reason they didn't release it was because Celine didn't like her voice (aka the Millenium concert).

 

Which maybe made sense then but doesn't make any sense now that she showed her (MUCH worse) cracked voice in the documentary, and we all now know what was happening to her voice during that time.

 

The problem is, I don't think Celine remembers that she turned that down, and I don't think Sony thinks it's worth releasing now almost a decade later.

  • Like 1
Posted

The majority complains about how the team handles 'the brand' Celine Dion. Because that really is a joke.

 

About Celine, yeah I do think she is partly to blame for whatever they are NOT releasing.

I would like to think that if she makes a call and say: Give them some unreleased songs from Courage, or give them the tour from 2016' that they would do everything to make that available for the fans.

But I don't know whatever is in the contracts. Maybe she has nothing to say.

I mean she wanted to do a back to back album of Courage because she recorded so many songs. Well that never happend.

 

What makes it more frustrating I guess is that (in interviews) she really cares about the fans, while in the meantime we get joked at with random posts and re issues that are absolutely not worth our money.

 

It would be totally different if she just said "nah people, I'm done, I'm gonna be focusing on me and the family, and whatever Sony decides to do with my legacy I simply do not care"

Only than the random posts and stupid re issues would make sense. Now, they don't.

 

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-F721B met Tapatalk

 

No, she presents the project to Sony with what she wants to launch, and Sony evaluates whether it is profitable or not (at least in most cases).

  • Like 1
Posted

The majority complains about how the team handles 'the brand' Celine Dion. Because that really is a joke.

 

About Celine, yeah I do think she is partly to blame for whatever they are NOT releasing.

I would like to think that if she makes a call and say: Give them some unreleased songs from Courage, or give them the tour from 2016' that they would do everything to make that available for the fans.

But I don't know whatever is in the contracts. Maybe she has nothing to say.

I mean she wanted to do a back to back album of Courage because she recorded so many songs. Well that never happend.

 

What makes it more frustrating I guess is that (in interviews) she really cares about the fans, while in the meantime we get joked at with random posts and re issues that are absolutely not worth our money.

 

It would be totally different if she just said "nah people, I'm done, I'm gonna be focusing on me and the family, and whatever Sony decides to do with my legacy I simply do not care"

Only than the random posts and stupid re issues would make sense. Now, they don't.

 

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-F721B met Tapatalk

 

If you manage to read again the previous posts. The rudeness towards Celine is so unbearable, like no respect at all. I don’t know who’s really sick. Celine or the fans? LOL

 

blame her manager since they are the ones who was hired to handle all these things while she’s on a break focusing on her health. But I remember Celine also said before that her team will be posting more stuff on social media while she’s doing the therapy and I think this is it. LOL

 

I think for Celine now, she is doing one step at a time. Not multitasking, that can lead to stress.

 

But even when René is still alive. Rene trained her to only focus on singing, and her manager René does all the work anyways. I don’t even know who is her new manager now. I wish if she came back, I want her to address who is new to her team like Who is her manager now?

Posted (edited)

 

 

No, she presents the project to Sony with what she wants to launch, and Sony evaluates whether it is profitable or not (at least in most cases).

 

I remember a movie called “The High Note”, where this singer wanted to release a new album but her label wanted her to do instead a residency show in Vegas and they even mentioned Celine Dion about doing a thousand show in Vegas. Yeah, it’s Sony who will decided on that.

 

Watch that movie, and I hope Céline has an assistant like the one in the movie.

Edited by jpatdeleon09
  • Like 1
Posted

I remember a movie called "The High Note", where this singer wanted to release a new album but her label wanted her to do instead a residency show in Vegas and they even mentioned Celine Dion about doing a thousand show in Vegas. Yeah, it's Sony who will decided on that.

 

Watch that movie, and I hope Céline has an assistant like the one in the movie.

 

Exactly, and in fact, if you search on YouTube: 'La Oreja de Van Gogh Uncovered', you'll see how the same thing happens to that music group represented by Sony Music — they have to show the songs to Sony Music and see what they think.

 

  • Like 1
Posted

I’m responding from an economics perspective to explain why Céline probably won’t release new CDs with demos or discarded songs.

Before launching a product, a company like Sony evaluates the costs and expected demand. Producing physical CDs involves significant fixed costs (machinery, materials, electricity) that do not change with quantity, and variable costs that depend on the volume sold.

To determine whether it’s worth producing a new CD, the break-even point is calculated using a simple formula:

Q*= CF/ P-CVme

Where:

​

Donde:

  • CF are the total fixed production costs
  • P is the selling price of the CD
  • CVme​ is the variable cost per unit

The result Q* indicates how many CDs must be sold to cover the costs.

Considering that fixed costs are high and the demand for demos or discarded songs is low, Sony will likely conclude it is not profitable. Additionally, they must assess whether Céline Dion’s current popularity can generate enough sales to justify the investment.

That’s why, even if there might be interesting material, the economic decision favors not releasing that type of CDs.

 

I’m not saying Céline lacks popularity, but if she and her team stay quiet and make few public appearances, her overall popularity tends to decline. This means her name isn’t as present in the minds of general consumers, only among the core fans. As a result, demand drops significantly.

For example, there might be around 30,000 very dedicated fans here, but what about the general public? Their awareness and interest are much lower, which impacts potential sales.

Sure! Here’s the translation to English:

 

I have no intention of spamming: The economic equation I shared with you is very simple, so that someone without a university background in Economics can understand it. But if anyone is interested in learning more about this in greater detail, I recommend the book on Microeconomics by Gregory Mankiw, where these concepts are explained in much greater depth.

 

In theory yes, but for Celine this does not apply lol S Club 7, Spice girls, Girls Aloud, they all got their ENTIRE videography restored in 4k from scratch and put on Youtube for free. Celine team has no excuse. These acts sell WAY less than Celine.

 

You're also missing the streaming aspect of it, having new remixes, a fresh sound on Celine's classics will bring a new audience. Promoting them will bring new followers on socials and streaming platforms. Songs will be played in clubs, that bring royalties, licensing, publishing all of that stuff also. We need movement on her discography period.

 

The truth is just that they think she's too relevant to look back at her past discography, the label or her team do not want her to move to the legacy act section. That's why they don't want big anniversaries of her releases. That was Madonna's big mistake for years till she decided to finally acknowledge her past. That's Janet's big mistake that results in tragic streaming numbers.

 

God knows what the label plan is for Celine... but we pretty much established it will not include old material anytime soon.

  • Like 3
Posted

In theory yes, but for Celine this does not apply lol S Club 7, Spice girls, Girls Aloud, they all got their ENTIRE videography restored in 4k from scratch and put on Youtube for free. Celine team has no excuse. These acts sell WAY less than Celine.

 

You're also missing the streaming aspect of it, having new remixes, a fresh sound on Celine's classics will bring a new audience. Promoting them will bring new followers on socials and streaming platforms. Songs will be played in clubs, that bring royalties, licensing, publishing all of that stuff also. We need movement on her discography period.

 

The truth is just that they think she's too relevant to look back at her past discography, the label or her team do not want her to move to the legacy act section. That's why they don't want big anniversaries of her releases. That was Madonna's big mistake for years till she decided to finally acknowledge her past. That's Janet's big mistake that results in tragic streaming numbers.

 

God knows what the label plan is for Celine... but we pretty much established it will not include old material anytime soon.

You're oversimplifying things — there are many factors at play. Not all fanbases are the same

  • Like 1
Posted

I believe if it were truly over, she would have told us. Until she does, I believe she'll be back in Vegas and I look forward to that.

 

Alternatively, she could be experiencing a period of tremendous reckoning, grief, and acceptance regarding the "passing" of her old voice and body, of her being unable to sing and perform for fans as before. This painful process could take years, and she could be in the thick of it right now.

 

It happened to other people in her position before - Julie Andrews, Linda Rondstadt. It wasn't easy for them either.

  • Like 5
Posted (edited)

<p>Mariah and Madonna take care of their fans and career.

 

- they celebrate album anniversaries/special editions

- great streaming numbers

- their concerts are on Amazon Prime

- they have a competent social media team

 

And Celine? It's sad ...

Edited by comingback
  • Like 4
Posted

<p>Mariah and Madonna take care of their fans and career.

 

- they celebrate album anniversaries/special editions

- great streaming numbers

- their concerts are on Amazon Prime

- they have a competent social media team

 

And Celine? It's sad ...

 

I agree with Mariah but Madonna fans complain just as much as Celine fans.

 

4 years ago Madonna announced a major deal with Warner to release expanded reissues of her studio albums and ZERO have come. Only those lazy silver vinyls with nothing new. Her team lazily and randomly posts bar AI " HD" videos of songs on youtube. Like a Prayer is still in standard definition even when they had a great opportunity with Deadpool. They never certify her singles/albums in the US and when they do its wrong (Into the Groove and Like a Prayer were undercertied last year).

Only one album is in Dolby Atmos for Madonna. Celines team at least is on top of that.

 

And its the same with Janet Jackson.

 

Its not all roses for other fanbases. Its just Mariah who treats her fans very well. Taylor is the same way. Her and Mariah are obsessed with being number 1 and sales. The others arent.

  • Like 4
Posted

 

Its not all roses for other fanbases. Its just Mariah who treats her fans very well. Taylor is the same way. Her and Mariah are obsessed with being number 1 and sales. The others arent.

 

Obsessed with being number 1 - undoubtedly, but I also add that they are both songwriters who has written most of their songs. I think this also plays the role.

  • Like 2
Posted

Obsessed with being number 1 - undoubtedly, but I also add that they are both songwriters who has written most of their songs. I think this also plays the role.

 

Great point here, they are celebrating their own music which they wrote and enjoy seeing their fans happy and celebrating that.

  • Like 1

"Needed in the chaos and confusion, from the plains to City Hall

Needed where the proud who walk the wire are set to fall"

Posted

 

 

Obsessed with being number 1 - undoubtedly, but I also add that they are both songwriters who has written most of their songs. I think this also plays the role.

 

Madonna writes and produces on all her music as well (and before someone says other wise multiple songwriters that she has worked with have attested to that). So its not like her songs arent important to her. Its just people have priorities.

 

All I know for certain is it will drive us all mad trying to decipher why labels/artists dont release more goodies or give us fans more information.

 

 

Posted

<p>Mariah and Madonna take care of their fans and career.

 

- they celebrate album anniversaries/special editions

- great streaming numbers

- their concerts are on Amazon Prime

- they have a competent social media team

 

And Celine? It's sad ...

 

And it's also true that we have proposed that they take material out of the vault to Sony. Ideally, it should be done directly through Céline's manager.

  • Like 1
Posted

I agree with Mariah but Madonna fans complain just as much as Celine fans.

 

4 years ago Madonna announced a major deal with Warner to release expanded reissues of her studio albums and ZERO have come. Only those lazy silver vinyls with nothing new. Her team lazily and randomly posts bar AI " HD" videos of songs on youtube. Like a Prayer is still in standard definition even when they had a great opportunity with Deadpool. They never certify her singles/albums in the US and when they do its wrong (Into the Groove and Like a Prayer were undercertied last year).

Only one album is in Dolby Atmos for Madonna. Celines team at least is on top of that.

 

And its the same with Janet Jackson.

 

Its not all roses for other fanbases. Its just Mariah who treats her fans very well. Taylor is the same way. Her and Mariah are obsessed with being number 1 and sales. The others arent.

If it helps at least, RTVE, the Spanish public television, on its website, I have noticed that in the program Rebobinando they have uploaded several bootlegs that can be downloaded, and the sound quality is professional.

 

[/cita]

Posted (edited)

I don’t know why to compare a person with a progressive neurological disorder to a person with no illness or has mental disorder that can be treated that they can still do touring and make records without worrying something LOL Here we go again to forgetting Celine have this rare neurological disorder.

 

And that will repeat again

Edited by jpatdeleon09
  • Like 3
Posted

So much to unpack here. Seems a lot of people here have quite strong negative feelings towards Celine the commodity. Fine. Anyone remember the last scene in that movie Aline?

 

Anyway. In I Am: Celine Dion, she tells the story about the apples, right? In that story she specifically says “I don’t want them to wait in line if I don’t have apples for them.” That came from her, unscripted. You can debate to what extent, if any, a fan is due an update on a medical condition of a stranger… but I personally take Celine at her word here. I believe if it were truly over, she would have told us. Until she does, I believe she’ll be back in Vegas and I look forward to that.

 

Very Well Said! :)

  • Like 1
Posted

 

 

 

I agree with Mariah but Madonna fans complain just as much as Celine fans.

 

4 years ago Madonna announced a major deal with Warner to release expanded reissues of her studio albums and ZERO have come. Only those lazy silver vinyls with nothing new. Her team lazily and randomly posts bar AI " HD" videos of songs on youtube. Like a Prayer is still in standard definition even when they had a great opportunity with Deadpool. They never certify her singles/albums in the US and when they do its wrong (Into the Groove and Like a Prayer were undercertied last year).

Only one album is in Dolby Atmos for Madonna. Celines team at least is on top of that.

 

And its the same with Janet Jackson.

 

Its not all roses for other fanbases. Its just Mariah who treats her fans very well. Taylor is the same way. Her and Mariah are obsessed with being number 1 and sales. The others arent.

 

At least Madonna has tons of unreleased songs and demos leaked onto the Internet! :wub:

 

And yeah with every artist there are complaints. And unfortunately in our case, I don't think anything will change or that they will at least try to listen

 

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-F721B met Tapatalk

 

 

  • Like 1
Posted (edited)

At least Madonna has tons of unreleased songs and demos leaked onto the Internet! wub.png

 

And yeah with every artist there are complaints. And unfortunately in our case, I don't think anything will change or that they will at least try to listen

 

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-F721B met Tapatalk

 

 

The best thing we can do right now is call Sony and tell them what we want, or even try to get in touch with Céline's managers. Since they’re so close to her, it’s possible they might tell her that we’ve reached out because we’re looking for material from the vault.

 

By the way, Céline's team hasn't posted on Instagram for five days. Maybe they're about to make an important announcement—perhaps a new song, album, or residency? When community managers of any account take that long to post, it's often because they're preparing to launch something big... just dreaming, maybe.

Edited by CélineI'mAlive
Posted
And not to harp on the whole Mariah Carey thing, but she just released a teaser for mc 16 (new album) immediately following the emancipation of Mimi Deluxe Edition so the way she treats her fans is incredible. I mean the woman might be nuts, but if we had what she gave, we would be laughing.
  • Like 1
Posted

By the way, Céline's team hasn't posted on Instagram for five days. Maybe they're about to make an important announcement—perhaps a new song, album, or residency? When community managers of any account take that long to post, it's often because they're preparing to launch something big... just dreaming, maybe.

 

Sorry, mate, Team Celine has posted another random tweet this afternoon.

Posted
I fear it’s over for us. And I’m in denial.
  • Like 1
Posted

So yet another nonsense social media post from "the team" tonight. So I thought I'd do a bit of research into how many of their posts since the start of the year have been about, ya know, music and singing and stuff. Are we being unfair on them for posting "rubbish" all the time? Judge for yourself:

 

- Posts with random old photos / throwbacks / with other celebrities - 16

- Posts about MUSIC including throwbacks to old releases and promoting new releases - 15

- Posts about fashion - 10

- Posts about absolute nonsense such as Pizza Day, the rules of being a woman, write a love letter etc - 4

- Posts about Mother's Day - 2

- Posts about Rene - 2

- Posts with NEW photos / appearances - 2

- Posts about LA Wildfires - 1

- Posts about a new WhatsApp Group - 1

- Posts about SPS - 1

 

So, in summary, since the start of 2025 a total of 28% of the posts on Celine's social media have been about her music.

 

So how are we classifying today’s social media post? Fashion?

 

Either way that’s now 27% of posts since January that have been about music.

CDP.jpg

Bringing you the world's only Celine Dion podcast show since 2014.

Find us on Soundcloud, Apple Podcasts, Spotify & Amazon Music.

Posted (edited)

And not to harp on the whole Mariah Carey thing, but she just released a teaser for mc 16 (new album) immediately following the emancipation of Mimi Deluxe Edition so the way she treats her fans is incredible. I mean the woman might be nuts, but if we had what she gave, we would be laughing.

 

Go on and follow her while Celine is taking the time she needs in order to get back. I mean, no one is stopping us from listening to other singers for a while. Instead of complaining, right?

 

Isn't the Emancipation of Mimi Deluxe Edition are mostly remixes? Which some lambs don't even like it. Nice to see Mariah having another album. How many albums does she have by now?

Edited by jpatdeleon09
Posted (edited)

Since Mariah was mentioned about having another album. Curious how many studio albums she did compared to Celine.

 

So, Mariah has done 16 albums - including the upcoming album while Celine has done 27 studio albums - Courage album was the last one. WOW! and we're still complaining lol

Edited by jpatdeleon09
Posted

Sorry, mate, Team Celine has posted another random tweet this afternoon.

 

cry.gif cry.gif

Posted

I fear it's over for us. And I'm in denial.

 

down.gif down.gif cry.gif cry.gif cry.gif I prefer to stay optimistic, but the truth is that Céline is going through a rough patch... I don't want to jump to conclusions without an official statement about her leaving her career, but what doesn’t add up for me is that, in the events she’s attended in recent months, she looks just like always—she genuinely looks well. But maybe it’s all happening on the inside. She’s always been an open book, no doubt about that, but I don’t understand this level of secrecy. It’s true that medical matters are deeply personal, but she herself showed how she was doing in her documentary and even decided to include footage of her spasms. Could it be that she’s had a setback in her illness and is now more unwell—but doesn’t want to worry her fans?

 

I hope she is doing well and is just healing. In Spain, a news report said that she is working hard on her recovery, and that her team is trying to arrange a new contract for her to return to Las Vegas. According to the report, those close to her are worried because of how much she is working on her illness, and they also want her to rest. I want to believe that her inactivity is because of this—that, advised by her friends and family, she is resting and has let her entire team take charge of her career for now.

  • Like 1
Posted

What is wrong with this forum? So now we have to say amen to everything? We have to shut up because she made lots of albums and live shows? Years of nothing and if we say something we are fake fans?!

 

We all know celine is sick we are not stupid. Thats why we are begging Sony and her team to move their #ss and work on her legacy!

 

She cant perform so now is the best time to work on her discography with not only colour vinyl. Come on be creative! Let her voice shine again even if she is at home. Time to do something else than posting old random pics and stop those stupid "friday freaky people singing celine songs"

  • Like 6
Posted

What is wrong with this forum? So now we have to say amen to everything? We have to shut up because she made lots of albums and live shows? Years of nothing and if we say something we are fake fans?!

 

We all know celine is sick we are not stupid. Thats why we are begging Sony and her team to move their #ss and work on her legacy!

 

She cant perform so now is the best time to work on her discography with not only colour vinyl. Come on be creative! Let her voice shine again even if she is at home. Time to do something else than posting old random pics and stop those stupid "friday freaky people singing celine songs"

it's pointless to argue with some people. It's like the concepts of business and management don't exist in their world.
  • Like 2
post-5889-0-11519200-1681245149_thumb.jpg

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...