Popular Post Davey84 Posted May 29, 2025 at 01:58 PM Author Popular Post Posted May 29, 2025 at 01:58 PM what does this show and prove? Only one thing: It's all about money now and nothing else. Well believe it or not Céline also has bills to pay! Sure her situation is nothing like ours, if we lost our job, but if you make millions every year from concerts, cd's, and promotion deals and all of a sudden that's reduced to almost nothing.... I don't blame Céline anything for doing that show. Yes it was in a country that doesn't acknowledge human rights as it should, but the show did celebrate women. And I also still think it was to test the waters to see what she was capable of. Maybe she had some serious attacks afterwards! And that's why all plans had to be postponed. I don't agree with all the drama either. We have 40 years of amazing stuff to look back to, that's more than many artist out there! But I do agree that we are deserving of an update. Some glimmer of hope that we can hear and see her in the future again! 10 Quote http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v75/daveyh84/incognito198701_zpsaaootxh1.jpgRick, ik hou van jou voor altijd!A New Day... has come 28/29 April & 2/3 May 07Antwerpen 13 et 14 mai,Paris 24 et 25 mai, Amsterdam 2 juinet Arras 7 juillet Chances Taken!!!How Do You Keep The Music Playing? - Celine Opening Night March 15th, March 16th
homerton Posted May 29, 2025 at 02:26 PM Posted May 29, 2025 at 02:26 PM An update is one line. They can’t even be bothered. Nothing !! Zero value of fans. Zero. Her reaction in London said it all. See you in vegas. She looked upset. It’s not happening. We might get an odd lipped performance. They’ll be nothing else. Where is the new album of 2025 ??? Again nothing. It’s all been a fib. Started to promote that documentary which told us nothing. Not good enough. Quote
zuv Posted May 29, 2025 at 02:38 PM Posted May 29, 2025 at 02:38 PM what does this show and prove? Only one thing: It’s all about money now and nothing else. Am I the only one who feels that when artists like Adele or other big names say things like: If I don’t believe in my work, I won’t do it, I’m not in for the money like some others,” it sounds like a subtle dig at someone like Celine Dion? I can’t help but think Celine’s career has been shaped into an industry focusing on maximizing profits. Quote
CelinesDIVO5 Posted May 29, 2025 at 03:04 PM Posted May 29, 2025 at 03:04 PM Well believe it or not Céline also has bills to pay! Sure her situation is nothing like ours, if we lost our job, but if you make millions every year from concerts, cd's, and promotion deals and all of a sudden that's reduced to almost nothing.... I don't blame Céline anything for doing that show. Yes it was in a country that doesn't acknowledge human rights as it should, but the show did celebrate women. And I also still think it was to test the waters to see what she was capable of. Maybe she had some serious attacks afterwards! And that's why all plans had to be postponed. I don't agree with all the drama either. We have 40 years of amazing stuff to look back to, that's more than many artist out there! But I do agree that we are deserving of an update. Some glimmer of hope that we can hear and see her in the future again! Not to mention that the Elie Saab show was supposed to be in Lebanon and was only moved to Saudi Arabia, because Lebanon was physically under attack. 3 Quote https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PL54qnRGM2gMatthew Charles - "Fix You" - Live at The Stonewall InnStonewall Sensation - Season 15Originally written and performed by Coldplay
KyleVan41 Posted May 29, 2025 at 03:15 PM Posted May 29, 2025 at 03:15 PM Her team under her current direction and management cannot continue. Even if she will never perform live again she’s even more dependent on giving the fans her music somthing in the vaults, unreleased , mixes, etc. the list goes on. To keep her legacy alive. It’s literally like her record company sees no value whatsoever in her legacy. Look at even Barbra Streisand. We know she sells less records when she releases burnin between new recordings Columbia releases rarities , b sides , etc. Celine is same label. It’s infuriating but at this stage it’s frankly embarrassing and disgusting Quote
CélineI'mAlive Posted May 29, 2025 at 05:00 PM Posted May 29, 2025 at 05:00 PM I’m responding from an economics perspective to explain why Céline probably won’t release new CDs with demos or discarded songs.Before launching a product, a company like Sony evaluates the costs and expected demand. Producing physical CDs involves significant fixed costs (machinery, materials, electricity) that do not change with quantity, and variable costs that depend on the volume sold.To determine whether it’s worth producing a new CD, the break-even point is calculated using a simple formula:Q*= CF/ P-CVme Donde:CF are the total fixed production costsP is the selling price of the CDCVme is the variable cost per unitThe result Q* indicates how many CDs must be sold to cover the costs.Considering that fixed costs are high and the demand for demos or discarded songs is low, Sony will likely conclude it is not profitable. Additionally, they must assess whether Céline Dion’s current popularity can generate enough sales to justify the investment.That’s why, even if there might be interesting material, the economic decision favors not releasing that type of CDs. I’m not saying Céline lacks popularity, but if she and her team stay quiet and make few public appearances, her overall popularity tends to decline. This means her name isn’t as present in the minds of general consumers, only among the core fans. As a result, demand drops significantly.For example, there might be around 30,000 very dedicated fans here, but what about the general public? Their awareness and interest are much lower, which impacts potential sales. I have no intention of spamming: The economic equation I shared with you is very simple, so that someone without a university background in Economics can understand it. But if anyone is interested in learning more about this in greater detail, I recommend the book on Microeconomics by Gregory Mankiw, where these concepts are explained in much greater depth. Quote
comingback Posted May 29, 2025 at 05:31 PM Posted May 29, 2025 at 05:31 PM (edited) . Edited May 29, 2025 at 05:48 PM by comingback Quote
PuraVida Posted May 29, 2025 at 06:07 PM Posted May 29, 2025 at 06:07 PM Am I the only one who feels that when artists like Adele or other big names say things like: If I don't believe in my work, I won't do it, I'm not in for the money like some others," it sounds like a subtle dig at someone like Celine Dion? I can't help but think Celine's career has been shaped into an industry focusing on maximizing profits. I think it's debateable...Celine has said she only chose to record songs she really likes for her albums. So she was never chasing music trends. Obviously, she adapted somewhat but it was never a reinvention. And then at the height of her fame she took a break, which was actually supposed to initially happen after the FIY album. 1 Quote
Popular Post Peppercorn1991 Posted May 29, 2025 at 06:46 PM Popular Post Posted May 29, 2025 at 06:46 PM Please let’s not turn on each other.. it’s really frustrating and all I can see is those who have had enough, and those that are trying to be positive. We are all the same and are at a loss at what’s going on. You and this forum have been a life line for me over the 18 years! Who knows what’s round the corner (I keep telling myself). Kev x 12 Quote
jpatdeleon09 Posted May 29, 2025 at 07:37 PM Posted May 29, 2025 at 07:37 PM (edited) Fake fans.. are you 5 years old? 9 years since her last french album, 6 years since her last english album, 11 years since her last dvd : i think we been patient. And where did i blame celine? I know she is sick and she can focus on her health. Im blaming Sony! 5 years old? I think no 5 years old can wait patiently that long LOL We have new songs. Don't forget her recent soundtracks from a movie where she is also part of the movie. 2019 was her last english album followed by a World Tour! But cancelled due to Pandemic and her sickness. Actually, if there was no pandemic and illness. She's pretty busy. See after touring - there's vegas shows and by this time for sure there's new album. Who said you're the one blaming Celine? Yeah, Blame Sony! But why now? Why is there more complaints than when she was not yet sick. I feel bad for Celine. Like there's no understanding in her situation now. Like Nothing will happen to us if we wait. I just don't get it. Like what Davey said "We have 40 years of amazing stuff to look back to, that's more than many artist out there!" Edited May 29, 2025 at 07:52 PM by jpatdeleon09 3 Quote
CélineI'mAlive Posted May 29, 2025 at 08:01 PM Posted May 29, 2025 at 08:01 PM (edited) well, they realeased yet another useless greatest hits CD with the same old songs last year when the documentary came out, so I don't believe this is the reason. It's not the same thing to release a Céline greatest hits album as it is to release demo tracks or unreleased versions meant for hardcore fans — the demand drops significantly. Only a true fan would appreciate the differences between the demo of "Le ballet" and the version on the album D'eux. Edited May 29, 2025 at 08:04 PM by CélineI'mAlive Quote
actofcontrition Posted May 29, 2025 at 08:55 PM Posted May 29, 2025 at 08:55 PM It's not the same thing to release a Céline greatest hits album as it is to release demo tracks or unreleased versions meant for hardcore fans — the demand drops significantly. Only a true fan would appreciate the differences between the demo of "Le ballet" and the version on the album D'eux. Omg stop finding excuses! Every other artists are doing it and they sell way less than celine! 2 Quote
CélineI'mAlive Posted May 29, 2025 at 11:25 PM Posted May 29, 2025 at 11:25 PM (edited) Omg stop finding excuses! Every other artists are doing it and they sell way less than celine! No, I’m not making up excuses, I’m speaking with economic rigor. As someone who has been studying and observing these concepts deeply for several years, I know what I’m talking about. Each fan base operates under different terms. What benefits one, doesn’t benefit another. Edited May 29, 2025 at 11:35 PM by CélineI'mAlive 1 Quote
CélineI'mAlive Posted May 29, 2025 at 11:45 PM Posted May 29, 2025 at 11:45 PM I have read with great sadness what many people are saying here about Céline. She has always treated us very well, and I believe now is the time to return that kindness to her. Who knows if she is right now reading the forum as a guest so that no one knows it’s her, or maybe some user is actually her but pretends to be a fan so no one recognizes her. It wouldn’t be the first famous person to do that; it has happened with other celebrities in other fandoms. Maybe she is not yet ready to come back and be at 100%, let’s remember that Céline is very demanding with her work, and maybe she doesn’t want to come back right now because she can’t be at her best due to her illness. I am sure some of the comments here would hurt her a lot. 7 Quote
Unison Addict Posted May 30, 2025 at 03:32 AM Posted May 30, 2025 at 03:32 AM (edited) I have read with great sadness what many people are saying here about Céline. She has always treated us very well, and I believe now is the time to return that kindness to her. Who knows if she is right now reading the forum as a guest so that no one knows it’s her, or maybe some user is actually her but pretends to be a fan so no one recognizes her. It wouldn’t be the first famous person to do that; it has happened with other celebrities in other fandoms. Maybe she is not yet ready to come back and be at 100%, let’s remember that Céline is very demanding with her work, and maybe she doesn’t want to come back right now because she can’t be at her best due to her illness. I am sure some of the comments here would hurt her a lot. Ironically, it would always be the same people who complained over and over again. Not tryin’ to say that it’s not okay to complain especially about the lack of new materials during her absence for the past few years. I get it, it’s frustrating that we don’t get some new materials other than the five new songs from Love Again, but sometimes people are too dramatic. I’m agree with you, some of these comments would hurt Celine if she read it herself. Edited May 30, 2025 at 03:32 AM by Unison Addict 3 Quote
jpatdeleon09 Posted May 30, 2025 at 08:55 AM Posted May 30, 2025 at 08:55 AM (edited) It’s like after giving 40 years of amazing stuff. Giving your all the best you can singing in albums, tours/shows. It’s not enough for some. Yes, she treated as well and it’s time for the fans to return that kindness. And now it’s revealed what kind of fan they really are. So disappointing Edited May 30, 2025 at 08:59 AM by jpatdeleon09 2 Quote
homerton Posted May 30, 2025 at 01:44 PM Posted May 30, 2025 at 01:44 PM Being a star and being a fan are two sides of one coin. No star, no fan- no fans, no star It’s not a personal attack on Celine. It’s about the team being honest. Quite simple really. 3 Quote
ryba Posted May 30, 2025 at 02:12 PM Posted May 30, 2025 at 02:12 PM (edited) It’s like after giving 40 years of amazing stuff. Giving your all the best you can singing in albums, tours/shows. It’s not enough for some. Yes, she treated as well and it’s time for the fans to return that kindness. And now it’s revealed what kind of fan they really are. So disappointing don’t act like Celine did all that amazing stuff for the fans just because she is such a good person. It’s business and that’s the way she and Rene made multimillions of money. They were looking for the best material, best producers etc. to make the most with her voice and her as a brand and attract masses. If it wasn’t for all the fans, she wouldn’t be where she is. Edited May 30, 2025 at 02:21 PM by ryba 3 Quote
CelinesDIVO5 Posted May 30, 2025 at 03:22 PM Posted May 30, 2025 at 03:22 PM don’t act like Celine did all that amazing stuff for the fans just because she is such a good person. It’s business and that’s the way she and Rene made multimillions of money. They were looking for the best material, best producers etc. to make the most with her voice and her as a brand and attract masses. If it wasn’t for all the fans, she wouldn’t be where she is. So…then in your eyes, it’s a business transaction. And in exchange for our money, she produced a career of 40 years. Right now, she’s not producing…and we are not giving her money. I don’t see the actual problem here. 7 Quote https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PL54qnRGM2gMatthew Charles - "Fix You" - Live at The Stonewall InnStonewall Sensation - Season 15Originally written and performed by Coldplay
ryba Posted May 30, 2025 at 05:10 PM Posted May 30, 2025 at 05:10 PM So…then in your eyes, it's a business transaction. And in exchange for our money, she produced a career of 40 years. Right now, she's not producing…and we are not giving her money. I don't see the actual problem here. it all comes down to respect towards her fans. If Celine isn’t capable due to health reasons, then it’s her teams job to take care of it. They don’t lift a finger. And this new WhatsApp group is a total joke. 1 Quote
jpatdeleon09 Posted May 30, 2025 at 08:03 PM Posted May 30, 2025 at 08:03 PM (edited) don't act like Celine did all that amazing stuff for the fans just because she is such a good person. It's business and that's the way she and Rene made multimillions of money. They were looking for the best material, best producers etc. to make the most with her voice and her as a brand and attract masses. If it wasn't for all the fans, she wouldn't be where she is. Celine did an amazing stuff for the fans. I don't know why you can't see that. You see it just as business. That only means you really don't like Celine that much then if you see it that way. Me, as a fan. I don't see it that way. I love her as a person as well because of her attitude, her positivity in life and I love her as an artist, her talent is remarkable. Her music inspires most people. The influence. Also, I don't get is the complaining of few members here and why now when she's sick. The negativity is unbearable like you don't understand the current situation of Celine. Again, we have 40 years of amazing stuff. Now, She just needs a time to focus first on her health and she did said that to us. So, please be understanding So…then in your eyes, it's a business transaction. And in exchange for our money, she produced a career of 40 years. Right now, she's not producing…and we are not giving her money. I don't see the actual problem here. Very well said Edited May 30, 2025 at 08:22 PM by jpatdeleon09 1 Quote
jpatdeleon09 Posted May 30, 2025 at 08:26 PM Posted May 30, 2025 at 08:26 PM So…then in your eyes, it's a business transaction. And in exchange for our money, she produced a career of 40 years. Right now, she's not producing…and we are not giving her money. I don't see the actual problem here. Very well said. And it's like they're just purposely doing a "problem" just to spread negativity and hate to Celine. I can't believe if they're really a fan or pretending to be one. But I know they will not prevail LOL 1 Quote
stevo Posted May 30, 2025 at 08:31 PM Posted May 30, 2025 at 08:31 PM Darren has just brought to my attention that all tweets seem to have been removed on X??? Quote
jpatdeleon09 Posted May 30, 2025 at 08:33 PM Posted May 30, 2025 at 08:33 PM btw, X is down today Quote
CélineI'mAlive Posted May 30, 2025 at 09:01 PM Posted May 30, 2025 at 09:01 PM don't act like Celine did all that amazing stuff for the fans just because she is such a good person. It's business and that's the way she and Rene made multimillions of money. They were looking for the best material, best producers etc. to make the most with her voice and her as a brand and attract masses. If it wasn't for all the fans, she wouldn't be where she is. I highly doubt that Céline and René were self-interested. If they got that far, it was because of their humility—something many celebrities lack. People who have worked with them say they usually pay their employees more than what's agreed upon... that's not marketing. No one is going to know whether they pay more or less; that information was leaked. Quote
ryba Posted May 30, 2025 at 09:42 PM Posted May 30, 2025 at 09:42 PM (edited) Very well said. And it's like they're just purposely doing a "problem" just to spread negativity and hate to Celine. I can't believe if they're really a fan or pretending to be one. But I know they will not prevail LOLI love Celine, but the way her career is handled nowadays is shameful. That's all I'm saying. Edited May 30, 2025 at 09:43 PM by ryba 2 Quote
CélineI'mAlive Posted May 30, 2025 at 10:28 PM Posted May 30, 2025 at 10:28 PM I love Celine, but the way her career is handled nowadays is shameful. That's all I'm saying.Instead of writing a letter to Sony, it’s better to call them on the phone. Quote
Unison Addict Posted May 31, 2025 at 01:28 AM Posted May 31, 2025 at 01:28 AM Very well said. And it's like they're just purposely doing a "problem" just to spread negativity and hate to Celine. I can't believe if they're really a fan or pretending to be one. But I know they will not prevail LOL I just read their comment, in some way it disgusts me. Didn’t Celine say many times that she loves her fans and always dedicated her works to her fans? Well, maybe her label could see her as a source of money back then, but i don’t believe Celine could ever have a mindset like that. 1 Quote
jpatdeleon09 Posted May 31, 2025 at 07:32 AM Posted May 31, 2025 at 07:32 AM I just read their comment, in some way it disgusts me. Didn’t Celine say many times that she loves her fans and always dedicated her works to her fans? Well, maybe her label could see her as a source of money back then, but i don’t believe Celine could ever have a mindset like that. True!! It’s quite disappointing after years of being a member here and seeing those comments. It’s like we grew up on this forum. For loving Celine for what she does. Giving so much actually that we’re so spoiled. And now, that she’s sick and taking a time off… this time for herself for a moment after all what she’s given to us over the years and this what she will have with the fans? No empathy, lack of understanding. That’s why them being a “fan” is questionable. And others seeing it only as business. So no love after all for Celine then? It really shows in the end. And they exposed themselves. If they are disappointed with Celine while being sick, I’m disappointed with the fans. Sad. But at least we now see what they truly are. 3 Quote
mirage Posted May 31, 2025 at 07:44 AM Posted May 31, 2025 at 07:44 AM Very well said. And it's like they're just purposely doing a "problem" just to spread negativity and hate to Celine. I can't believe if they're really a fan or pretending to be one. But I know they will not prevail LOLThe majority complains about how the team handles 'the brand' Celine Dion. Because that really is a joke. About Celine, yeah I do think she is partly to blame for whatever they are NOT releasing.I would like to think that if she makes a call and say: Give them some unreleased songs from Courage, or give them the tour from 2016' that they would do everything to make that available for the fans.But I don't know whatever is in the contracts. Maybe she has nothing to say.I mean she wanted to do a back to back album of Courage because she recorded so many songs. Well that never happend. What makes it more frustrating I guess is that (in interviews) she really cares about the fans, while in the meantime we get joked at with random posts and re issues that are absolutely not worth our money. It would be totally different if she just said "nah people, I'm done, I'm gonna be focusing on me and the family, and whatever Sony decides to do with my legacy I simply do not care"Only than the random posts and stupid re issues would make sense. Now, they don't. Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-F721B met Tapatalk 1 Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.