Jump to content

New Las Vegas residency show!


Recommended Posts

Posted

 

So that’s like a confirmation that her iconic voice was never lost, she just kept it hidden for so many years — and maybe now, is she using it again? Hopefully she’ll use it for her new albums or singles (if she releases any). Guys, what do you think?

I do not understand what you mean by her "iconic" voice. She lipped at the Elie Saab last year and that's a fact. That does not mean her voice is gone, but I also do not think she kept her 90s voice hidden all these last decades. Even our voices are changing, so hers too. By talking about her "iconic" voice every single time we put unnecessary pressure on her to be at one point where maybe she is not or she will not ever be. Does that mean that she should not sing ever again? No. I am not arguing with you btw, I am just stating my point. We will see in the future. I think new albums are inevitable. Also, a lot of media outlets are talking about a 2026 comeback on stage. 🤨

  • Like 2
Posted

I once saw a TikTok video where someone said that the singing style of vocal pop divas (she mentioned Celine, Mariah, Whitney, and Shania) isn’t very healthy, which is why many of them ended up with vocal issues later on. She compared them to soul divas like Etta and Aretha, who sing more in the mask, using a brighter tone that’s supposedly much healthier than the chest/mix belt approach.

 

I don’t really understand much about this, but it made sense to me. That said, theater singers belt their whole lives without major damage, so who knows? Still, it’s interesting that so many of the big vocal divas from the ’90s faced similar issues, at different levels and for different reasons, but still.

  • Like 2
Posted

So that’s like a confirmation that her iconic voice was never lost, she just kept it hidden for so many years — and maybe now, is she using it again? Hopefully she’ll use it for her new albums or singles (if she releases any). Guys, what do you think?

 

All I know is since they hired a vocal coach (after incognito tour) there's been changes in her tone or by the way she sings.

  • Like 1
Posted (edited)

I do not understand what you mean by her "iconic" voice. She lipped at the Elie Saab last year and that's a fact. That does not mean her voice is gone, but I also do not think she kept her 90s voice hidden all these last decades. Even our voices are changing, so hers too. By talking about her "iconic" voice every single time we put unnecessary pressure on her to be at one point where maybe she is not or she will not ever be. Does that mean that she should not sing ever again? No. I am not arguing with you btw, I am just stating my point. We will see in the future. I think new albums are inevitable. Also, a lot of media outlets are talking about a 2026 comeback on stage. ��

 

No, don’t worry, No, don’t worry, I’m not taking your message the wrong way. I don’t think it’s about pressuring her, it’s just that she adopted a different way of singing, maybe because it was healthier—especially if, as jpatdeleon09 says, since the “Incógnito” era René and she hired a vocal coach. Our voices change, that’s natural, but the position she uses to sing now is more nasal, which can be achieved by placing the voice in a specific way. That’s why I say maybe the voice she’s been using these years isn’t her “original” voice.

 

But it still amazes me how it was possible for her to sing I'm Alive, even if it was playback with her 90s voice, because somehow she must have sung it at some point to then play it back, and I don’t think it’s a montage made with old recordings of her voice.

Edited by CélineI'mAlive
Posted

All I know is since they hired a vocal coach (after incognito tour) there's been changes in her tone or by the way she sings.

Maybe those changes in their voice were advised.

Posted

She started out nasal in the early 80s, then gravitated away from that sound. There were so many shifts throughout the years, with different tones and placements, but in general the nasality came increasingly back when her SPS started to appear around TCWT.

 

Sometimes if you listen to her albums, especially before 2010, and then you listen to her live performances from after Rene's death...the difference is almost startling.

  • Like 1
Posted

 

Maybe those changes in their voice were advised.

 

It could be since she hurt her vocal cords in Incognito Tour so having a vocal coach can correct unhealthy singing.

Posted

She started out nasal in the early 80s, then gravitated away from that sound. There were so many shifts throughout the years, with different tones and placements, but in general the nasality came increasingly back when her SPS started to appear around TCWT.

 

Sometimes if you listen to her albums, especially before 2010, and then you listen to her live performances from after Rene's death...the difference is almost startling.

 

I think she was also finding her voice to be distinctive and find that singing in nasal can make her known. I think I heard her say that in one of her interviews before.

  • Like 1
Posted

She started out nasal in the early 80s, then gravitated away from that sound. There were so many shifts throughout the years, with different tones and placements, but in general the nasality came increasingly back when her SPS started to appear around TCWT.

 

Sometimes if you listen to her albums, especially before 2010, and then you listen to her live performances from after Rene's death...the difference is almost startling.

 

But Celine started singing over nasally earlier than that, during AND. She sang really nasally in LV.

 

Then, she started TCWT actually with a very clear tone up until the European leg, where she started singing nasally again (which I guess was due to her early SPS symptoms).

  • Like 1
Posted (edited)

I remember a interview with celine and rené where they said when she lost her voice during unison tour, the doctor said to stay silence for 3 weeks and then start to train her voice everyday + silence days but that it will take 5 years to pay off. So 1990-1995 and we can hear a wonderful difference with D'eux. Then after 2 world tour in 1996-1997 1998-1999 she got tired.

 

With A New Day the desert didnt help but i think she was tired if singing everyday + always the same show so sound to me that was a robotic nasal voice.

 

And then her voice with the start of the SPS since taking chances tour.

Edited by actofcontrition
Posted

But Celine started singing over nasally earlier than that, during AND. She sang really nasally in LV.

 

Then, she started TCWT actually with a very clear tone up until the European leg, where she started singing nasally again (which I guess was due to her early SPS symptoms).

 

I know, that's why I said there were many shifts throughout the years. She started off AND nasal, but it got less as the residency wore on.

 

Another example, her Let's Talk About Love tour didn't start off nasal, but by the time we got to her Millennium concert -- she was very nasal.

Posted

It could be since she hurt her vocal cords in Incognito Tour so having a vocal coach can correct unhealthy singing.

That makes a lot of sense! The nasal voice (the one Céline currently uses) has benefits, according to what I’ve researched, such as being able to sing high notes more easily and with less vocal effort.

  • Like 1
Posted

Slightly off topic…

 

I emailed Feeling Productions the other day about something and was happy and surprised to have received a reply back in under 24hrs.

 

Good to see that despite her being on a break there is someone still actively checking and replying to emails there.

  • Like 3
Posted

Slightly off topic…

 

I emailed Feeling Productions the other day about something and was happy and surprised to have received a reply back in under 24hrs.

 

Good to see that despite her being on a break there is someone still actively checking and replying to emails there.

 

Can you please share their email address here? Thank you flowers.gif

  • Like 1
Posted

I see Kelly Clarkson cancelled her opening show about 90 minutes before it was due to begin. Adele done the same. Both in the Colosseum.

 

Personally I think it’s a joke to cancel that late. She’s saying the rehearsals were intense and she doesn’t want to damage her voice. She’s a professional, why did she not pace herself during rehearsals to ensure that didn’t happen. Also cancelling that late, surely she’d have know earlier in the day?

 

Fans probably travelled from all over and now they’re out of pocket. The whole thing is disrespectful and an insult to her fans IMO.

 

  • Like 3
EZRRIMBUMAEcL2n.jpg

Posted

I see Kelly Clarkson cancelled her opening show about 90 minutes before it was due to begin. Adele done the same. Both in the Colosseum.

 

Personally I think it’s a joke to cancel that late. She’s saying the rehearsals were intense and she doesn’t want to damage her voice. She’s a professional, why did she not pace herself during rehearsals to ensure that didn’t happen. Also cancelling that late, surely she’d have know earlier in the day?

 

Fans probably travelled from all over and now they’re out of pocket. The whole thing is disrespectful and an insult to her fans IMO.

 

 

The voice is a muscle and it’s different every day. She may have went on vocal rest, and then during soundcheck maybe she realized it wouldn’t be healthy for her to go on. It happens sometimes. Yes, it’s unfortunate…but she’s still a human.

Matthew Charles - "Fix You" - Live at The Stonewall Inn

Stonewall Sensation - Season 15

Originally written and performed by Coldplay

Posted
With the complete silence again now im thinking her sps doesnt allow her to perform anymore. She tried but we all know its a degenerative disease. I dont think she is recording albums too. I think the future is her enjoying life with her sons and maybe few apparitions from time to time.
  • Like 1
Posted
I agree. She’s not going to return. The life expectancy for thus cruel disease is 28 years from onset. That’s tops. She started in 2008. She needs to enjoy life. And forget us !
Posted
Here we go again. Ya she looks like she’s at deaths door 🙄.
Posted

Here we go again. Ya she looks like she’s at deaths door 🙄.

 

"I think the future is her enjoying life with her sons and maybe few apparitions from time to time."

 

Hmm who's talking about death doors?? Maybe you should learn how to read.

Posted (edited)

 

 

"I think the future is her enjoying life with her sons and maybe few apparitions from time to time."

 

Hmm who's talking about death doors?? Maybe you should learn how to read.

 

- the context is overtly pessimistic when it doesn’t need to be. Anyway…

Edited by KyleVan41
  • Like 1
Posted

I see Kelly Clarkson cancelled her opening show about 90 minutes before it was due to begin. Adele done the same. Both in the Colosseum.

 

Personally I think it's a joke to cancel that late. She's saying the rehearsals were intense and she doesn't want to damage her voice. She's a professional, why did she not pace herself during rehearsals to ensure that didn't happen. Also cancelling that late, surely she'd have know earlier in the day?

 

Fans probably travelled from all over and now they're out of pocket. The whole thing is disrespectful and an insult to her fans IMO.

 

I don't think Kelly would've had the guts (some might say nerve) to cancel that late had Adele not set that precedence, incidentally at the same venue

  • 1 month later...
Posted

RW Theatre renovations have now been completed with new seating areas in the theatre.

 

So when will Céline announce her long awaited residency there?

 

I do believe rumours mentioned previously that we may get an update and new single in September.

Fingers crossed!

post-6793-0-01160400-1756201395_thumb.jpeg

Posted
It's a brand new theater. I wonder why they are renovating at all. They could have done it properly right from the start lol
post-5889-0-11519200-1681245149_thumb.jpg

Posted

RW Theatre renovations have now been completed with new seating areas in the theatre.

 

So when will Céline announce her long awaited residency there?

 

I do believe rumours mentioned previously that we may get an update and new single in September.

Fingers crossed!

 

I’ve lost all hope. We can’t even get an update on her health since last July… over a year! What makes us think she’s returning? I really hate to sound negative but her incompetent team doesn’t help the situation.

 

Last health update was in June/July 2024

Last public appearance at cold play concert on June 7, 2025… nearly 3 months ago.

 

She’s “already a little bit back”… emphasis on “little”.

 

 

 

 

  • Like 2
Posted

Maybe she’s waiting to be able to give apples before she’s back back… in other words a single/album/show that she’s been working on up until now.

 

Hey I’m trying to be positive here at this point but I get what your saying.

  • Like 4
Posted

I still have a bad feeling about RW. Why not another more modern venue?

Is she even able to give a full (live) concert?

Why the silence? A contract thing?

It's all weird.

  • Like 1
Posted
I wish you were right but I think its Abba show annocument
Posted

I had hope of something happening this year but I now don’t see it. If a single / show announcement was coming soon, the French doc next week wouldn’t be labelled as her ‘only interview this year’. Surely if she announced something they’d do an interview via video link if nothing else.

 

I don’t think they could just announce a show without any kind of promo / interview about her condition. People will be cautious.

 

Would love to be wrong as always but the silence is just so deafening.

EZRRIMBUMAEcL2n.jpg

Posted (edited)
What's going on with Celine these days? We know absolutely nothing. She went totally silent. You can't announce a huge comeback and new projects and then just stay passive and silent. Why the announcements and promises if nothing ever happens? She announced this new Vegas show in 2021 already, gave interviews etc., then last year on the red carpet she said she would be performing in Vegas very soon. And now nothing. What the hell is going on there? A mess in management? Contractural issues? Health issues? To be honest, I don't think it's health related after seeing that prep video for the Olympics last year. She was like her old self and seemed more than fine doing crazy yoga poses that healty people could never do. An official statement or some form of update would be very appropriate. Is this some kind of a new marketing strategy, to leave people in the dark and wondering? They make me sick... Edited by ryba
  • Like 2
post-5889-0-11519200-1681245149_thumb.jpg

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...