Jump to content

"Flying On My Own" - Official Topic


Recommended Posts

Posted

Like Mr Paganini and the whole jamming session they did that got recorded. :wub:

 

Especially now that they just can 'release' it on Spotify/YouTube/Facebook.

 

Maybe now when she is in charge we could see things happening

 

 

 

Same.

 

Which is why I'm very glad to see her do this.

 

And while I have no interest in this track (since I personally find it as "bland" and "snooze #ss", to use your terminology, as her usual fare), I'm very glad she's doing it because it signals a willingness to experiment, which is what I've been hoping to see her do all along.

 

I just wish she'd release material more often, so that we could see the fruits of that experimentation.

We know she has recorded in pretty much every genre, but most of that work is collecting dust in Sony vaults.

And, as a result, when she tries to do something different, it comes off as if she's "changing her religion", and people panic, while in fact it's just one of many, many things she can do (and has done).

I wish we could hear more than the tip of the iceberg.

  • Like 1
Posted
I love this song. Have it on each morning. Celine is the best xxx the only icon left
Posted
Every "non Celine fan" I've made listen to it loves it too. :)
  • Like 5

CDP.jpg

Bringing you the world's only Celine Dion podcast show since 2014.

Find us on Soundcloud, Apple Podcasts, Spotify & Amazon Music.

Posted (edited)

 

Why do you keep pushing this on all social media lol the reactions have been extremely positive.Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it's the general consensus or some universal truth. The song isnt taking off (and might not, even though I really hope it somehow gets some good numbers) because no one is promoting it and because she's extremely small at streaming. Pandora or even Spotify or whoever else tweeting about it doesn't mean a thing. She won't suddenly get 1m streams because it got 2 tweets lmfao.

 

Edit: I misread the denial part so I deleted what I wrote about this.

 

So no one has the universal truth but you have to state that the song is not taking off due to...

 

Ok she's never been good at streaming but that bad? Neither has she.

 

This song is a disaster. Period.

 

Everyone can blame it on the live version... sure it's part of it but now it seems even her fanbase let her go.

I mean < 200.000 streams in 7 days ? Only this forum has played it over and over?

Even if Itunes isn't that relevant anymore : out of the top 1000 ( top 1000 guys!) of 96% of the globe not even after 1 week?

 

I mean what is going on?

 

Oh yeah it's because it's live. To this point, sorry but it seems even was used to be her hardcore fanbase passed away in 2 days.

Edited by isurrender
  • Like 1
Posted (edited)

 

 

So no one has the universal truth but you have to state that the song is not taking off due to...

 

Ok she's never been good at streaming but that bad? Neither has she.

 

This song is a disaster. Period.

 

Everyone can blame it on the live version... sure it's part of it but now it seems even her fanbase let her go.

I mean < 200.000 streams in 7 days ? Only this forum has played it over and over?

Even if Itunes isn't that relevant anymore : out of the top 1000 ( top 1000 guys!) of 96% of the globe not even after 1 week?

 

I mean what is going on?

 

Oh yeah it's because it's live. To this point, sorry but it seems even was used to be her hardcore fanbase passed away in 2 days.

My point is that you can't state anything as a "universal truth" if there hasn't been any promotion yet. The GP doesn't know there's a new song so we can't say "it's not what they want to hear from her". Maybe scielle is right but we can't state that as a fact yet, especially when all the comments on YouTube etc and from the media has been positive (at least so far).

 

What do you mean she has never been that bad at streaming.... She has always been. The lmbtl live from Québec video reached 1m views 3 months after it was uploaded. Recovering which was sung quite a few times has only 4m on Spotify 3 years later. Eus(radio edit) which was a huge hit in France only has 6m in 3 years on Spotify. Ofc spotify isn't the main streaming service used by French people so idk how much it has on deezer but still

The incredible music video gained 2m views in 1 month. Not so much of a difference

Edited by alexceline
Posted
Yes, let's compare with stats from 6 years ago and let's pretend that nothing has changed in Céline's world. Let's pretend that her wwd and iconic status is the same today as it was before LMBTL was released.
Posted (edited)
. Edited by alexceline
Posted (edited)

Where do you live? Do you really think radios would play a live performance? Stop thinking the FOMO LIVE performance is a f****** single

 

Watch your tone ! How rude ….. don't curse at me in real life or behind a computer.....reporting you immediately, youl be banned soon ….. bye ….. :shiftywave: :shiftywave: :shiftywave: :shiftywave:

Edited by takeachance

http://i66.tinypic.com/2dk08jn.gif

RIP Rene Angelil xx

 

Sending Love and Prayers to Celine

Posted

Don’t say Bad Words. We’re not a mimi fan, ok! lol

 

But honestly, it’s very very very rare radios play a live performance. They even do a radio edit to shortened the track. What more a live performance

Posted
I think Ashes did a better job in less time
  • Like 1

#FREEJAVITO

 

Posted

I think Ashes did a better job in less time

Ashes simply got all these millions of views on youtube because of Deadpool 2.

  • Like 1
normal_one-heart-7.jpg

Posted

I think Ashes did a better job in less time

Of course! It was part of a movie and promoted by Ryan... That alone reaches a ton of people! And let's not forget the great MV.

By the way, radios can't play a song that wasn't sent to radios.

  • Like 1
Posted

I am still in disbelief that you all prefer studio versions. I don’t mean that sarcastically or negatively in any way, shape, or form. I have been a fan of hers for 20 years or more, but I got really into her during TCWT and since then find myself unable to listen to studio tracks. I love her live stuff but hate her studio work.

 

FOMO wasn’t exactly live, but it’s close enough and I love this version.

  • Like 1

Celine in Las Vegas, CWT in Atlanta, Louisville, Jacksonville, Charlotte, Raleigh - 55 shows attended

Show #56 & #57 - Paris - 9/12/2026 & 5/15/2027

Posted

I understand that people are disappointed but let's see the following:

1- Maybe Sony did not want to release this song now, so far from the Album release in November, so Sony did not support Celine.

2-Lack of Sony support, no video clip, no disclosure, no interviews, no disclosure 0

With that the tendency of mpusica to fall and nobody to know that it was released is great, for that reason.

I just hope they release a music video for that song or a music video for the first single from the album.

Let's not be negative, I listened to Madonna's new album and Celine's FOMO is better than any song on Madonna's new album, that's my opinion. So the despair of a Madonna fan here in the forum.

Celine does not need to be controversial by getting involved in religious matters as Madonna does to stay in the media.

  • Like 1
Posted
btw saw Jimmy Fallon's classroom instrument with Jonas Brothers and thinking it would be really amazing and nice Celine can do FOMO with Jimmy in the classroom instrument !!!
  • Like 3

Courage don't you dare fail me now!

post-129-1267909378_thumb.jpgpost-129-1303908160_thumb.jpg

Posted
Spotify (16.06): 21.226 (TOTAL: 198.424)
  • Like 1
62008933_3302094023149751_3467110073363333120_n.jpg?_nc_cat=106&_nc_ht=scontent.fbru2-1.fna&oh=4f58e00ddc52743e263578419950824a&oe=5D5255DE
Posted (edited)

Well, if we take off the arrogant, Melquilisboa is certainly closer to the reality when it concerns the general perception on Celine's catalog.

 

Among the legends/Divas, each one has her own weaknesses, and when it concerns Celine clearly till know she misses an album that would encapsulate some real risk and critics aclaim. In comparison to the other legends, divas, her weak point is there for sure.

 

If the music industry may have envolved in not such a favorable environnent for the artists, still, they have way more flexibility than before. Definitly, Celine's team should learn to throw Celine's material more often on streaming platform for some projects like Jazz EP, more experimental stuff etc... while keeping albums/promo for more traditionnal stuff.

Edited by Ajax
  • Like 4
Posted

Well, if we take off the arrogant, Melquilisboa is certainly closer to the reality when it concerns the general perception on Celine's catalog.

 

Among the legends/Divas, each one has her own weaknesses, and when it concerns Celine clearly till know she misses an album that would encapsulate some real risk and critics aclaim. In comparison to the other legends, divas, her weak point is there for sure.

 

If the music industry may have envolved in not such a favorable environnent for the artists, still, they have way more flexibility than before. Definitly, Celine's team should learn to throw Celine's material more often on streaming platform for some projects like Jazz EP, more experimental stuff etc... while keeping albums/promo for more traditionnal stuff.

 

EXACTLY!

  • Like 1
Posted (edited)
Just watched 'The next chapter" video on Céline's Instagram. We get to hear a bit more of the studio version and the vocals are much better on the verses. The beat and backing vocals are also far superior! Edited by agentwigs
  • Like 2
Posted
Gods, I love this song! I hope they release the studio version soon, the orchestra version doesn't do it justice. I mean, surely there must be a studio version, right? And I hope that the studio version is longer! It feels like the song should go on at least for one more refrain after she turns to the camera and whispers "on the winds of change", and then end with either a fade out or a big belt. Juts my two cents :)
  • Like 3
Posted
Of course there's a studio version guys, we heard it in the "Ciao Las Vegas" video and during that "interview" video.
  • Like 2

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» MATHIAS ««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzPrxI0AIDY

Posted (edited)

#FOMO

Video

on Facebook 1.432.771

on Youtube 1.143.349

on Instagram 600.000

on Twitter 181.000

Total in Two weeks 3.357.120

Audio

Youtube: 19.352

Spotify: ?

Deezer: ?

Google Play: ?

Amazon Music: ? #188 Paid in Albuns

iTunes Music: ?

Edited by rodrigo
  • Like 3
Posted
It's very strange that Sony doesn't release the studio version as this is a summer song and all the musical festivals and Pride parties are starting... yet nothing from Sony to get the song out there!
  • Like 3
Posted

It's very strange that Sony doesn't release the studio version as this is a summer song and all the musical festivals and Pride parties are starting... yet nothing from Sony to get the song out there!

 

My only hope now is that they will drop the studio single on July 5th, when the London concert takes place. But if not, then I think all hope is lost and the chances of Céline getting back on the hit charts are down to zero. :down:

  • Like 4


Rick, ik hou van jou voor altijd!



A New Day... has come 28/29 April & 2/3 May 07



Antwerpen 13 et 14 mai,Paris 24 et 25 mai, Amsterdam 2 juinet Arras 7 juillet Chances Taken!!!



How Do You Keep The Music Playing? - Celine Opening Night March 15th, March 16th

Posted
Sony always misses the boat - Titanic ship was the only exception! :lol:
Posted

#FOMO

Video

on Facebook 1.432.771

on Youtube 1.143.349

on Instagram 600.000

on Twitter 181.000

Total in First week 3.357.120

Audio

Youtube: 19.352

Spotify: ?

Deezer: ?

Google Play: ?

Amazon Music: ? #188 Paid in Albuns

iTunes Music: ?

  • Like 1
Posted

 

My only hope now is that they will drop the studio single on July 5th, when the London concert takes place. But if not, then I think all hope is lost and the chances of Céline getting back on the hit charts are down to zero. :down:

 

That’s exactly what I think is going to happen!

 

 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  • Like 2
Posted

I hope they realise that you still need a music video these days. Taylor’s ‘Calm down’ has 6.3 million views in 7 hours. Tease the video, get some celebrity friends, make a spectacle and boom.

 

I was impressed they released FOMO video like a day after the concert, but she is one of the biggest acts on the planet. Look at Ashes success...come on Team Céline!!!

  • Like 5
Posted
Whoever edited this video needs to leak the studio version right now!!
  • Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...