mirage Posted June 11, 2019 at 11:23 AM Posted June 11, 2019 at 11:23 AM I think what makes us go mad, is because we know what Sony isn't doing. Because if they did a bit more effort,it would be doing great things. And that's the frustrating part. Because in the end they will say 'owh it's not working anymore' while they did absolutely nothing. 5 Quote
joaofilho Posted June 11, 2019 at 11:26 AM Posted June 11, 2019 at 11:26 AM This is not about Celine having a new number 1 but the form of treatment where her music is being treated. Madonna has not yet released the album Elea had 4 video clips, I'm not comparing and yes showing the way of treatment with both.Celine released her new single, almost nobody knows that the song came out and we do not have any video clip.Maybe it's like they wrote it here, it must have been Celine who wanted this song to come out so Sony is not supporting it, promoting it, anything. 5 Quote
Xpresso Posted June 11, 2019 at 11:29 AM Posted June 11, 2019 at 11:29 AM (edited) To me, it's not really about charts or about not being happy with what we got. The point is that a live version (although it sounds studio-ish to me) is being sold. Why wouldn't a record company release the studio version? Hopefully it will come soon. That's what's annoying to me. Sony, after such a long wait, could at least sell us the official version (with remixes soon I hope).Unless the plan is to sell the live version, then the studio version and lastly the remixes? $$$$$ Edited June 11, 2019 at 11:31 AM by Xpresso 3 Quote
emi&celine Posted June 11, 2019 at 11:31 AM Posted June 11, 2019 at 11:31 AM Can you give us more details on that analogy please? Haha Moleque... 😂😂 1 Quote
guigafs15 Posted June 11, 2019 at 11:37 AM Posted June 11, 2019 at 11:37 AM Half of the people in the #1 spot these days won't be remembered in 10 years, some not even in 5. Mariah spended all her career collecting #1 hits (18 of them) and now is in lower position in music industry than Celine, who has only 4. So, excuse me, but i don't get that desperate need for the top of USA charts. (And a hardly think my penis will size down just because i see things differently 😏😉😘). 5 Quote
Flymetothemoon Posted June 11, 2019 at 11:39 AM Posted June 11, 2019 at 11:39 AM This is not about Celine having a new number 1 but the form of treatment where her music is being treated. Madonna has not yet released the album Elea had 4 video clips, I'm not comparing and yes showing the way of treatment with both.Celine released her new single, almost nobody knows that the song came out and we do not have any video clip.Maybe it's like they wrote it here, it must have been Celine who wanted this song to come out so Sony is not supporting it, promoting it, anything. Madonna has a great promo team behind, for the next tour/album (did not read though)My email is flooded with tickets promo and Graham Norton something interview for the past 3 weeks... Quote
Moleque20 Posted June 11, 2019 at 11:44 AM Posted June 11, 2019 at 11:44 AM Can you give us more details on that analogy please? Well, this is a matter of taste, what can I say? 1 Quote Les étoiles tombent une à une. Mes émois sont de saturne.
Moleque20 Posted June 11, 2019 at 11:50 AM Posted June 11, 2019 at 11:50 AM Half of the people in the #1 spot these days won't be remembered in 10 years, some not even in 5. Mariah spended all her career collecting #1 hits (18 of them) and now is in lower position in music industry than Celine, who has only 4. So, excuse me, but i don't get that desperate need for the top of USA charts. (And a hardly think my penis will size down just because i see things differently ). Celine is what she is because she had many #1's in the 90s in all the big markets. And saying 'it doesn't matter' is at least hypocritical. You (or anyone else) can say that you do not care about the charts, streams, views, #1's, but EVERY ONE will feel happy/excited/thrilled if Celine scores another BB top40 or a 2x, 3x, platinum disc in the States. 5 Quote Les étoiles tombent une à une. Mes émois sont de saturne.
Moleque20 Posted June 11, 2019 at 11:51 AM Posted June 11, 2019 at 11:51 AM Flying On My OwniTunes: #3 Canada#3 France#8 Brazil#8 Greece#10 Sweden#14 Denmark#22 Belgium#22 Ireland#27 Romania#33 Indonesia#34 Netherlands#37 Switzerland#38 United Kingdom#41 Norway#45 Lithuania#50 Spain#54 Italy#60 United States#72 Thailand#74 Australia#74 Taiwan#81 Mexico#91 Germany#130 New Zealand#135 Qatar 5 Quote Les étoiles tombent une à une. Mes émois sont de saturne.
joaofilho Posted June 11, 2019 at 11:55 AM Posted June 11, 2019 at 11:55 AM I wanted to be a music video of this song.The live video is struggling to grow, and after these days has not yet reached 1 million views. Quote
DionFanAlways Posted June 11, 2019 at 11:57 AM Posted June 11, 2019 at 11:57 AM I love these positive jumps! 6 Quote I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
isurrender Posted June 11, 2019 at 11:59 AM Posted June 11, 2019 at 11:59 AM Some of you might love the song but it's not great (at all). I mean it's nice yeah but not a classic. That's maybe the reason why Sony messes it up. Nobody can blame a live song unsent to radio to be a flop. 4 Quote
ryba Posted June 11, 2019 at 12:17 PM Posted June 11, 2019 at 12:17 PM (edited) This is not about Celine having a new number 1 but the form of treatment where her music is being treated. Madonna has not yet released the album Elea had 4 video clips, I'm not comparing and yes showing the way of treatment with both.Celine released her new single, almost nobody knows that the song came out and we do not have any video clip.Maybe it's like they wrote it here, it must have been Celine who wanted this song to come out so Sony is not supporting it, promoting it, anything.you know, in that case she should leave that record label and go somewhere else where she will be appreciated and supported, and not just used to milk money, because this is clearly what they do with her. Zero effort but high profits. Good for them... bad for her career and her frustrated fans. Doesn’t she see that? Edited June 11, 2019 at 12:19 PM by ryba 3 Quote
Xpresso Posted June 11, 2019 at 12:19 PM Posted June 11, 2019 at 12:19 PM (edited) I wanted to be a music video of this song.The live video is struggling to grow, and after these days has not yet reached 1 million views.YouTube: 682,000 viewsFaceboook: 989,000 viewsIG: 496,000 viewsSpotify: ? Edited June 11, 2019 at 12:20 PM by Xpresso Quote
ryba Posted June 11, 2019 at 12:23 PM Posted June 11, 2019 at 12:23 PM Some of you might love the song but it's not great (at all). I mean it's nice yeah but not a classic. That's maybe the reason why Sony messes it up. Nobody can blame a live song unsent to radio to be a flop.sorry, but I’m fed up with hearing „it’s nice but not a classic“. I don’t want another freaking „classic“ that will bore me to death and make me melancholic. I want her to enjoy herself as an artist and make music that is energetic and makes people feel alive, dance, party, enjoy life. Enough with those „classics“! I want numbers like I’m alive and FOMO. I love her for those 6 Quote
emi&celine Posted June 11, 2019 at 12:39 PM Posted June 11, 2019 at 12:39 PM sorry, but I’m fed up with hearing „it’s nice but not a classic“. I don’t want another freaking „classic“ that will bore me to death and make me melancholic. I want her to enjoy herself as an artist and make music that is energetic and makes people feel alive, dance, party, enjoy life. Enough with those „classics“! I want numbers like I’m alive and FOMO. I love her for those Totally agree! Céline needs some new uptempo songs for her upcoming shows! IA and IDAN are really nice but not enough anymore. And I don’t want her to cover some uptempo songs from other singers. 6 Quote
emi&celine Posted June 11, 2019 at 12:40 PM Posted June 11, 2019 at 12:40 PM Well, this is a matter of taste, what can I say? 😂😂 Quote
Moleque20 Posted June 11, 2019 at 12:42 PM Posted June 11, 2019 at 12:42 PM Totally agree! Céline needs some new uptempo songs for her upcoming shows! IA and IDAN are really nice but not enough anymore. And I don't want her to cover some uptempo songs from other singers. Jash! IDAN, Misled, TTWII, IA, Sorry for love, When the wrong one... etc. are so catchy and fresh! SLS as well! I think 1/3 of the album could be more pop, dance. 1 Quote Les étoiles tombent une à une. Mes émois sont de saturne.
CELINO Posted June 11, 2019 at 12:45 PM Posted June 11, 2019 at 12:45 PM Jash! IDAN, Misled, TTWII, IA, Sorry for love, When the wrong one... etc. are so catchy and fresh! SLS as well! I think 1/3 of the album could be more pop, dance. One Heart was an uptempo album and critics detroyed it It's a wonderful and a radio-friendly album! 3 Quote
Moleque20 Posted June 11, 2019 at 12:46 PM Posted June 11, 2019 at 12:46 PM One Heart was an uptempo album and critics detroyed it It's a wonderful and a radio-friendly album! I agree that it is a great album! 3 Quote Les étoiles tombent une à une. Mes émois sont de saturne.
ryba Posted June 11, 2019 at 12:49 PM Posted June 11, 2019 at 12:49 PM One Heart was an uptempo album and critics detroyed it It's a wonderful and a radio-friendly album!next to ANDHC It is my very favorite album of hers and I don’t care what some frustrated critics had to say about it in 2003. It’s awesome and refreshing! 3 Quote
browseceline Posted June 11, 2019 at 12:52 PM Posted June 11, 2019 at 12:52 PM why is a hit not possible? Ashes proves she is still relevant. Not only because of the movie but also because it is just a great song!Flying on my own does have great potential too! It has a uplifting summervibe. Great she promoted it in Vegas. After Vegas it should have been released everywhere immediately. Not the live-recorded version but the original studiotrack! I am sure there is a market for that song. It is catchy but in the Vegas version only thing that stands out are her Vocals. The beat is not prominent and the videoclip is just her having fun in Vegas while in her gown. That is not going to sell people to buy this song.It needed a great videoclip, a modern Celine, nice surroundings and of course - the original studiotrack, I dont know if aynone took the time to listen to my version in which i recorded some extra drums and tried to sync them with the track and make the drums more pumping 4 Quote <iframe width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hl2XkxnYljg" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
emi&celine Posted June 11, 2019 at 12:54 PM Posted June 11, 2019 at 12:54 PM I agree that it is a great album! 👍 Of course the songs you mentioned above are fresh and really nice...but I personally would like some new ones 😊 1 Quote
Moleque20 Posted June 11, 2019 at 12:58 PM Posted June 11, 2019 at 12:58 PM why is a hit not possible? Ashes proves she is still relevant. Not only because of the movie but also because it is just a great song!Flying on my own does have great potential too! It has a uplifting summervibe. Great she promoted it in Vegas. After Vegas it should have been released everywhere immediately. Not the live-recorded version but the original studiotrack! I am sure there is a market for that song. It is catchy but in the Vegas version only thing that stands out are her Vocals. The beat is not prominent and the videoclip is just her having fun in Vegas while in her gown. That is not going to sell people to buy this song.It needed a great videoclip, a modern Celine, nice surroundings and of course - the original studiotrack, I dont know if aynone took the time to listen to my version in which i recorded some extra drums and tried to sync them with the track and make the drums more pumping https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-E_M9xUqkcw We can send you to SONY and you will apply for the Marketing Director position, you will be way more successful there 1 Quote Les étoiles tombent une à une. Mes émois sont de saturne.
jepoi Posted June 11, 2019 at 01:04 PM Posted June 11, 2019 at 01:04 PM I think, more than getting another hit with FOMO, what concerns most fans here on this forum is the fact that Celine and/or her team have chosen to release this "live" from vegas version instead of the studio version. A live performance of a song is good but we're talking of an uptempo song which magic is usually lost once performed on stage since the live band could not replicate they way it was made in the studio. 7 Quote
GUSAM28 Posted June 11, 2019 at 01:20 PM Posted June 11, 2019 at 01:20 PM 19 500 streams on Spotify on the first day ... Quote
Moleque20 Posted June 11, 2019 at 01:22 PM Posted June 11, 2019 at 01:22 PM 19 500 streams on Spotify on the first day ... The 18.000 are from the people here 5 Quote Les étoiles tombent une à une. Mes émois sont de saturne.
Xpresso Posted June 11, 2019 at 01:23 PM Posted June 11, 2019 at 01:23 PM 19 500 streams on Spotify on the first day ... Nobody knew that song was out! It will get better. Keep streaming it folks! Quote
Celine Fan 77 Posted June 11, 2019 at 01:28 PM Posted June 11, 2019 at 01:28 PM Acapella & Instrumental versions: 1 Quote Tournée Européenne in Paris (December 1, 2013) Céline Dion Live 2016 in Antwerp (June 20, 2016) Céline Dion Live 2017 in Birmingham (July 27, 2017) Céline Dion à Paris (September 12, 2026)
zuv Posted June 11, 2019 at 01:31 PM Posted June 11, 2019 at 01:31 PM I think Sony wanted to be cheap. They didn’t want to spend money on a music video for Celine, so they recorded her performance instead. Forget the studio version until November, it would look weird if they release it now after people buying the live version.... or they will probably unlock the song (on iTunes and other platforms) when they release the second single... 1 Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.