PuraVida Posted December 4, 2021 at 09:36 PM Posted December 4, 2021 at 09:36 PM For some reason, I think Valerie could be very fun on Jimmy Fallon. 1 Quote
scielle Posted December 4, 2021 at 10:38 PM Posted December 4, 2021 at 10:38 PM For some reason, I think Valerie could be very fun on Jimmy Fallon. Well, US is going to be a limited, not a wide release, so I expect Roadside’s / SG’s promo strategy to be more guerilla marketing. Indie film blogs and targeted communities in key markets. 1 Quote
thatstheteacherinmehbaby Posted December 4, 2021 at 11:21 PM Posted December 4, 2021 at 11:21 PM (edited) Well, US is going to be a limited, not a wide release, so I expect Roadside’s / SG’s promo strategy to be more guerilla marketing. Indie film blogs and targeted communities in key markets. Sorry but somehow I just really DO NOT see this movie being released in theaters in the U.S. because the french language is NOT POPULAR here in the U.S... & it never really has been. In fact, most foreign-language movies are in majority of the theaters in the U.S. anyway... Even in Spanish, which is the common second language in the U.S., (& English is the main language of course lol), there are NOT MANY spanish language movies in the theaters either... @ least not many in my nearly 40 years of life! Sorry not to rain on anybodys parade, but I just DO NOT see "Aline" being released in the theaters & veing a "SMASH HIT" as it would in other countries, such as France & Canada. Sorry but lets just try to be realistic, & I dont see it changing anytime soon! 😒🙍 Edited December 4, 2021 at 11:22 PM by thatstheteacherinmehbaby Quote sincerely, maria <3
PuraVida Posted December 5, 2021 at 01:00 AM Posted December 5, 2021 at 01:00 AM Well, US is going to be a limited, not a wide release, so I expect Roadside's / SG's promo strategy to be more guerilla marketing. Indie film blogs and targeted communities in key markets. True, I'm just imagining the chemistry of the two. A rollout could be very well-done if they targeted the right film festivals Quote
scielle Posted December 10, 2021 at 04:33 AM Posted December 10, 2021 at 04:33 AM Javascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to viewClick here to view the Tweet Javascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to viewClick here to view the Tweet 2 Quote
marc-02 Posted December 10, 2021 at 12:58 PM Posted December 10, 2021 at 12:58 PM (edited) Glad to know that the film is already playing in Singapore: Javascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to viewClick here to view the Tweet Edited December 10, 2021 at 01:05 PM by marc-02 2 Quote
zuv Posted December 12, 2021 at 04:58 PM Posted December 12, 2021 at 04:58 PM This might very well win a best foreign film at the Oscars It was soooooo goood. I cried none stop!!!! I laughed so much! And cried so much and i NEVER cry in movies.It was soooooooooo goooooood!! OMFD!! J’en reviens pas! C’équeurant! 🤯🤯🤯 2 Quote
PuraVida Posted December 13, 2021 at 03:54 AM Posted December 13, 2021 at 03:54 AM This might very well win a best foreign film at the Oscars It was soooooo goood. I cried none stop!!!! I laughed so much! And cried so much and i NEVER cry in movies.It was soooooooooo goooooood!! OMFD!! J'en reviens pas! C'équeurant! Were you the one who was travelling to Quebec for something else and were gonna add the film to the list? Sorry I can't find my previous post in the thread to verify lol. Anyway, glad you got to see it! I really wanna see this goshdarn film too. Subtitle gods, are you listening? Quote
sarit_celine Posted December 13, 2021 at 01:38 PM Posted December 13, 2021 at 01:38 PM The trailer for the movie "Aline" looks really good, I'm glad that they will show it here.https://www.facebook.com/seretseret/videos/303543101586487/ 2 Quote "Needed in the chaos and confusion, from the plains to City HallNeeded where the proud who walk the wire are set to fall"
zuv Posted December 15, 2021 at 03:01 AM Posted December 15, 2021 at 03:01 AM Were you the one who was travelling to Quebec for something else and were gonna add the film to the list? Sorry I can't find my previous post in the thread to verify lol. Anyway, glad you got to see it! I really wanna see this goshdarn film too. Subtitle gods, are you listening?Yep its me 1 Quote
minolli Posted December 15, 2021 at 05:11 PM Posted December 15, 2021 at 05:11 PM A mention from Rolling Stone, including a (new?) trailer for the U.S. market: https://www.rollingstone.com/movies/movie-news/aline-celine-dion-biopic-1272122/ 1 Quote http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lsg43qJH1b1qa4phqo1_400.jpg
scielle Posted December 15, 2021 at 09:08 PM Posted December 15, 2021 at 09:08 PM (edited) Yes, US trailer is your and all over the cinema press.Javascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to viewClick here to view the TweetJavascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to viewClick here to view the TweetJavascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to viewClick here to view the TweetJavascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to viewClick here to view the TweetJavascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to viewClick here to view the TweetJavascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to viewClick here to view the TweetJust a few of many. Edited December 15, 2021 at 09:12 PM by scielle 2 Quote
Maicool4 Posted December 15, 2021 at 09:56 PM Posted December 15, 2021 at 09:56 PM I’m in love with this poster. 1 Quote http://25.media.tumblr.com/22b69ef7c7f608e391c2b0c3273c6fd9/tumblr_mszgokm8hq1r1kly2o1_400.gif
jpatdeleon09 Posted December 16, 2021 at 05:57 AM Posted December 16, 2021 at 05:57 AM It’s on iTunes Trailers https://trailers.apple.com/trailers/roadsideattractions/aline/ 2 Quote
scielle Posted December 17, 2021 at 01:02 PM Posted December 17, 2021 at 01:02 PM (edited) More articles: Javascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to viewClick here to view the TweetJavascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to viewClick here to view the TweetJavascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to viewClick here to view the TweetJavascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to viewClick here to view the Tweet Edited December 17, 2021 at 01:03 PM by scielle 2 Quote
jpatdeleon09 Posted December 17, 2021 at 02:02 PM Posted December 17, 2021 at 02:02 PM This is BIG! YES! Keep them coming!!! 2 Quote
PuraVida Posted December 17, 2021 at 08:45 PM Posted December 17, 2021 at 08:45 PM Do y'all think unauthorised biopic is the easiest way to describe this movie? I feel so many English-language publications are making it needlessly complicated 1 Quote
Alex_Incognito Posted December 17, 2021 at 09:56 PM Posted December 17, 2021 at 09:56 PM Do y'all think unauthorised biopic is the easiest way to describe this movie? I feel so many English-language publications are making it needlessly complicatedBut it's a big budget, mainstream film. So few biopics are. 1 Quote "People pay 20-25 dollars to see you."- Céline Dion, 1990
Balao Posted December 17, 2021 at 11:02 PM Posted December 17, 2021 at 11:02 PM Do y'all think unauthorised biopic is the easiest way to describe this movie? I feel so many English-language publications are making it needlessly complicated "The movie about Céline that is not Céline but is actually Céline, except when it's not Céline" 3 Quote
PuraVida Posted December 18, 2021 at 12:33 AM Posted December 18, 2021 at 12:33 AM But it's a big budget, mainstream film. So few biopics are. So how would you describe it succinctly? Quote
PuraVida Posted December 18, 2021 at 12:33 AM Posted December 18, 2021 at 12:33 AM "The movie about Céline that is not Céline but is actually Céline, except when it's not Céline" The movie about Aline that is not Aline but is actually Aline, except when it's not Aline 1 Quote
Fanxiaoqiang Posted December 18, 2021 at 08:33 AM Posted December 18, 2021 at 08:33 AM More articles: Javascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to viewClick here to view the TweetJavascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to viewClick here to view the TweetJavascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to viewClick here to view the TweetJavascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to viewClick here to view the Tweet What is this about? I can not see them. Quote
jpatdeleon09 Posted December 18, 2021 at 08:50 AM Posted December 18, 2021 at 08:50 AM "The movie about Céline that is not Céline but is actually Céline, except when it's not Céline" I love it! Haha Quote
Balao Posted December 18, 2021 at 09:08 AM Posted December 18, 2021 at 09:08 AM I love it! Haha Cheers! The movie about Aline that is not Aline but is actually Aline, except when it's not Aline Yes but who is Aline? You have to include Céline Dion's name somewhere for promotion. The American distributors may find it difficult to market it but I've heard there's an American film coming next year about Steven Spielberg except that he's not called Steven Spielberg but Sammy Fabelman, but really is Steven Spielberg, except at times when he's not. 1 Quote
PuraVida Posted December 18, 2021 at 06:03 PM Posted December 18, 2021 at 06:03 PM Yes but who is Aline? You have to include Céline Dion's name somewhere for promotion. The American distributors may find it difficult to market it but I've heard there's an American film coming next year about Steven Spielberg except that he's not called Steven Spielberg but Sammy Fabelman, but really is Steven Spielberg, except at times when he's not. I was making / continuing the joke. 1 Quote
scielle Posted December 20, 2021 at 08:32 PM Posted December 20, 2021 at 08:32 PM Guess that’s it for Aline in Quebec… Javascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to viewClick here to view the Tweet Quote
PuraVida Posted December 20, 2021 at 11:31 PM Posted December 20, 2021 at 11:31 PM Guess that's it for Aline in Quebec… Javascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to viewClick here to view the Tweet the show must go....wait... Quote
jpatdeleon09 Posted December 21, 2021 at 04:34 AM Posted December 21, 2021 at 04:34 AM Guess that’s it for Aline in Quebec… Javascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to viewClick here to view the Tweet For now… Quote
nuts2you Posted December 28, 2021 at 11:27 PM Posted December 28, 2021 at 11:27 PM has anybody notice that promotion has stop, Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.