Balao Posted March 15, 2022 at 07:12 AM Posted March 15, 2022 at 07:12 AM I should have a link. Don't know if I can post it here. Quote
ernestojose Posted March 15, 2022 at 11:17 AM Posted March 15, 2022 at 11:17 AM I should have a link. Don't know if I can post it here. Quote
ernestojose Posted March 15, 2022 at 11:17 AM Posted March 15, 2022 at 11:17 AM Can you share with me? Thanks Quote
Davey84 Posted March 15, 2022 at 02:41 PM Posted March 15, 2022 at 02:41 PM I should have a link. Don't know if I can post it here. Links to official outlets are always allowed. Quote http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v75/daveyh84/incognito198701_zpsaaootxh1.jpgRick, ik hou van jou voor altijd!A New Day... has come 28/29 April & 2/3 May 07Antwerpen 13 et 14 mai,Paris 24 et 25 mai, Amsterdam 2 juinet Arras 7 juillet Chances Taken!!!How Do You Keep The Music Playing? - Celine Opening Night March 15th, March 16th
Maicool4 Posted March 15, 2022 at 03:03 PM Posted March 15, 2022 at 03:03 PM I would love to have the link of the movie with English Subtitles. I should have a link. Don't know if I can post it here. Quote http://25.media.tumblr.com/22b69ef7c7f608e391c2b0c3273c6fd9/tumblr_mszgokm8hq1r1kly2o1_400.gif
ryba Posted March 15, 2022 at 04:35 PM Posted March 15, 2022 at 04:35 PM Does this DVD also contain the English (and also the German) dubbing? Quote
PuraVida Posted March 16, 2022 at 02:22 AM Posted March 16, 2022 at 02:22 AM Balao has been the hero of this thread! 1 Quote
Javier_Natalio Posted March 16, 2022 at 03:01 AM Posted March 16, 2022 at 03:01 AM Just watched it, and I can safely say it's not good. Nevermind the beginning with the cgi face on a child, that part is actually the strongest, and during it I was reassured that this was going to be good! But when she grows up and they delve into the topic of her relationship with Rene and then her English career, the whole thing goes off rails quickly and becomes both too fast paced and too long, with many very short scenes stacked together that don't seem to have a clear direction where they were going. It's all about the storytelling and unfortunately the script is not good. And for a story about the two loves of her life, Rene and Therese, it's inexplicable why mamam disappears altogether at one point and doesn't come back again, even after Rene passes, which is a glaring missed opportunity and a sign that the movie doesn't know the story it wants to tell. And to everyone asking for links, are we allowed to say the word torrent here? I'm not providing links of course, but to anyone that knows how to search and download one, it should be easy to obtain now that the DVD is out. 1 Quote
jpatdeleon09 Posted March 16, 2022 at 07:09 AM Posted March 16, 2022 at 07:09 AM I wouldn’t say this is the best movie “inspired by Céline Dion”, but this is better than the TV movie done back in 2008. I remember someone will make a movie titled “Céline before Céline” is this still happening? Quote
Javier_Natalio Posted March 16, 2022 at 01:38 PM Posted March 16, 2022 at 01:38 PM OK so it's now the morning after sleeping on it and I just had a crazy idea. How about someone makes a movie about Celines childhood years? The climax of it all could be Rene listening to the tape and crying. The end. 1 Quote
mirage Posted March 16, 2022 at 10:31 PM Posted March 16, 2022 at 10:31 PM Just watched it on AmazonPrime. Didn't liked it at all. The start was soo cringeworthy with Valerie playing a younger Celine. It's like they went on YouTube watched all the famous clips, interviews, tvshows etc and just literally copied it. I get that they want to show the highlights, but they don't tell the story. The movie is a cut and paste from the stuff we can find on YouTube. I bet someone here can create the movie with all the orginal material found on the internet. Wanting to show too much, in a very short time. So many short scenes that don't feel connected with each other. Maybe for someone who absolutely knows nothing about Celine its a great one. Only liked the acting of the mother. Valerie was awful to watch, lipsynch was off, was zero power in her performances. I mean if it's based on Celine, and you do the famous hitting her chest. Than you do that move. She didn't even tried. Every drag queen out there does it better. 2 Quote
PuraVida Posted March 18, 2022 at 08:15 AM Posted March 18, 2022 at 08:15 AM Finally watched it. I went it with no expectations really, and I liked it. But I could list a bunch of criticisms (I'll do that at a later post) which others probably have mentioned. The thing is, I bet a lot of biopics have similar issues, so I'd have to watch some more biopics to compare. That said, my issues with the film have nothing to do with the CGI. I truly don't understand what the issue is people have with that. Seemed fine to me. 3 Quote
jpatdeleon09 Posted March 18, 2022 at 08:50 AM Posted March 18, 2022 at 08:50 AM (edited) The only issue for me was it’s too fast. The story is too fast. Even though it’s 2 hours +. I don’t even remember if they have gone to the doctors for Guy’s sickness. You’ll just be surprised that he’s wearing dextrose. Edited March 18, 2022 at 08:52 AM by jpatdeleon09 2 Quote
Balao Posted March 18, 2022 at 05:54 PM Posted March 18, 2022 at 05:54 PM All my American friends fans and non-fans know about the chest-bumping. They always mention it when talking about Céline. In France, it's not a thing. I have never heard a French person talking about the chest-bumping. When Florence Foresti imitates Céline, she doesn't punch her chest. Neither does Veronic Dicaire. Some French fans talk about it, of course. But I was surprised that the word "chest-bumping/pounding/punching" was the first thing that American people (non-fans usually) mention. 2 Quote
Chantemoi Posted March 18, 2022 at 08:32 PM Posted March 18, 2022 at 08:32 PM All my American friends fans and non-fans know about the chest-bumping. They always mention it when talking about Céline. In France, it's not a thing. I have never heard a French person talking about the chest-bumping. When Florence Foresti imitates Céline, she doesn't punch her chest. Neither does Veronic Dicaire. Some French fans talk about it, of course. But I was surprised that the word "chest-bumping/pounding/punching" was the first thing that American people (non-fans usually) mention. From my memory, she had a phase during 1997-1998 where she made this gesture during many of her American T.V. performances. It’s easily imitable because no one else in our culture does anything remotely similar, and was/is viewed as incredibly awkward. 1 Quote
PuraVida Posted March 18, 2022 at 10:44 PM Posted March 18, 2022 at 10:44 PM All my American friends fans and non-fans know about the chest-bumping. They always mention it when talking about Céline. In France, it's not a thing. I have never heard a French person talking about the chest-bumping. When Florence Foresti imitates Céline, she doesn't punch her chest. Neither does Veronic Dicaire. Some French fans talk about it, of course. But I was surprised that the word "chest-bumping/pounding/punching" was the first thing that American people (non-fans usually) mention. The thing is, Valerie aka Aline actually DID do chest bumping in the film during the MHWGO performance at the Oscars. It was just more like a light, soft version of the move I think Valerie was quite careful not to make the movie look like a parody of Celine. She wanted it to be partly a love letter and not insult Celine by being a caricature. 3 Quote
Nmj Posted March 19, 2022 at 06:25 PM Posted March 19, 2022 at 06:25 PM All my American friends fans and non-fans know about the chest-bumping. They always mention it when talking about Céline. In France, it's not a thing. I have never heard a French person talking about the chest-bumping. When Florence Foresti imitates Céline, she doesn't punch her chest. Neither does Veronic Dicaire. Some French fans talk about it, of course. But I was surprised that the word "chest-bumping/pounding/punching" was the first thing that American people (non-fans usually) mention. I wish Celine would start beating her chest again. She’s cooled WAY down on that since about 2003. Americans view it as “dramatic” or “over the top”, and the rest of the world knows that French express differently. I think that’s the difference. Quote
smw Posted March 19, 2022 at 07:54 PM Posted March 19, 2022 at 07:54 PM I wish Celine would start beating her chest again. Me too! Quote
PuraVida Posted March 19, 2022 at 09:52 PM Posted March 19, 2022 at 09:52 PM If I was hitting the huge powerful high notes she was, I would hit myself too! She's like an athlete who's fired up! 1 Quote
scielle Posted March 23, 2022 at 12:06 PM Posted March 23, 2022 at 12:06 PM A good read:Javascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to viewClick here to view the Tweet 2 Quote
PuraVida Posted March 25, 2022 at 05:31 AM Posted March 25, 2022 at 05:31 AM My more detailled review of the movie. Pros:Valerie captured the genuine/endearing/kooky/awkward/talkative personality of Celine…the scene of her telling the long story in the talk show interview made me laugh and seemed very on point with Celine.Perfect amount of humour and funny jokes.Accent/CGI did not bother me at all.The beginning scenes were very tasteful and made me emotional immediately e.g.) when the Barbra song was playing and we see Celine staring up at her bedroom ceiling.The costuming and wardrobe definitely fit the fantasy…especially I think Valerie captured the older Celine with blonde hair very well. The acting was high level of the three main characters. Well-casted for sure. I must admit it is odd to me that Valerie got the Cesar for this (it was good but not groundbreaking).The set design was A+... great colours all the items looked like finely made objects.It definitely felt like a love letter to Celine, a mood of respect and devotion. You could tell it was researched and made by a Celine fan (had some good deep cut references -- touching wood for luck, the Anne Geddes book, etc).The scenes with the family all together were some of the best, very heartwarming and believable.Perfect time and way to use "Treat Her Like A Lady"Valerie captured Celine's attitude about motherhood and her love/obsession with it quite well. Very Celine-like.Cons: Felt like a montage rather than a movie at times, not a ton of tension or plot. The pace was too fast, especially in the second half.Guy Claud aka Rene just got sick and died basically out of nowhere....huh? Why was that not more dramatic?They did not do enough close up shots of Aline’s face while performing/singing — wayyyy too many camera angles showing her back (aka looking at the crowd) or wide shots that didn't let us see her faceThe main turning point of the movie i.e. when she sings in front of Rene, they play music over it?? Why not show Aline singing? This is supposed to convince the audience she is a character and voice worth investing in. Same thing with the Eurovision scene, they do not show her singing.The sacrifice Rene made to mortgage his house to finance her career, that was a big mistake not to incude or mention that....it makes the stakes of the film higher, and explains a part of their trust that years later becomes loveVictoria Sio had a great voice but it was very hard to imagine her as the new Celine voice — maybe Valerie doing a better lip sync job would have helped this. But again, they don't do many close-ups of her face! They also chose to keep some cracks and breaks in Victoria's voice that I did not care for.During the first 30 minutes of the film, Celine is given almost no dialogue — and it seems for a lot of the film dialogue is a bit sparse. The song choices for the a lot of the soundtrack seemed wrong. Nature Boy (in Nat King Cole’s deep male voice) being the central melody of the movie put me off, and the intro song of “Mamy Blue” for Celine's first performance didn’t feel appropriate. Other odd English song choices too, many of which are not even her songs.It made sense that they needed to choose some angle or insight about Celine (at the end: she’s sheltered and out of touch), but in real life--even when she was younger-- she is way more in charge/charismatic/self-assured than the movie paints her. Also, it is not believable that she lives in a bubble (entirely) when they have her in the movie as going on world tours and stopping in France/Dublin a couple times.I did not get the gag about the sugars in the purse....they could have picked a better running gag.They did not explain some things, especially how or why she got her Vegas show. If they put a scene where she saw Cirque du Soleil and met Franco Dragone, that would have made the movie tangibly better. Side note - would have been cool to give some final character development to her mom in the later part of the movie--like how she had her cooking show back in the day. Also, I cannot see how Celine's sibings could get angry over the film, it was so harmless. 1 Quote
marc-02 Posted March 25, 2022 at 06:30 PM Posted March 25, 2022 at 06:30 PM (edited) It will have a specal preview screening in NY ahead of the April release: https://fiaf.org/event/2022-03-31-aline/ Edited March 25, 2022 at 06:31 PM by marc-02 2 Quote
Alex_Incognito Posted March 27, 2022 at 05:49 PM Posted March 27, 2022 at 05:49 PM (edited) Sitting on an Air France flight from Paris to Atlanta watching Aline right now. I love it. It is so sweet. I'll say it again, it's a love letter to Céline. Not sure how anyone can hate this who loves Céline. It is so lovely finally seeing some attention paid to her early career. I love the scene where they have her signing autographs for the release of La voix du bon Dieu and Celine chante Noël. Edited March 27, 2022 at 05:51 PM by Alex_Incognito 3 Quote "People pay 20-25 dollars to see you."- Céline Dion, 1990
PuraVida Posted March 28, 2022 at 03:54 AM Posted March 28, 2022 at 03:54 AM Not sure how anyone can hate this who loves Céline. Michel and Claudette would like a word Quote
Alex_Incognito Posted March 28, 2022 at 09:44 AM Posted March 28, 2022 at 09:44 AM Michel and Claudette would like a word Of course they would! Lol. When did they not want a camera on them? 1 Quote "People pay 20-25 dollars to see you."- Céline Dion, 1990
ruimarques Posted March 28, 2022 at 10:32 AM Posted March 28, 2022 at 10:32 AM Michel and Claudette would like a word People are usually unhappy when the truth hit the nail. 🤪 1 Quote
PuraVida Posted March 28, 2022 at 02:33 PM Posted March 28, 2022 at 02:33 PM People are usually unhappy when the truth hit the nail. I said in my mini review that the family scenes were some of the best in the whole film. They make even less sense now that I have seen the movie. Quote
scielle Posted March 28, 2022 at 06:14 PM Posted March 28, 2022 at 06:14 PM (edited) From The New Yorker! Another good read.https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2022/04/04/aline-dieu-valerie-lemerciers-celine-dion-kinda-biopic Sad I’m not currently in NYC and won’t be able to see the US premiere in New York this week, but soon. Glad to see it’s getting much ink in the Anglo press, even if the reception still appears to be one of general confusion. Edited March 28, 2022 at 06:22 PM by scielle 2 Quote
Alex_Incognito Posted March 28, 2022 at 06:35 PM Posted March 28, 2022 at 06:35 PM From The New Yorker! Another good read.https://www.newyorke...on-kinda-biopic Sad I'm not currently in NYC and won't be able to see the US premiere in New York this week, but soon. Glad to see it's getting much ink in the Anglo press, even if the reception still appears to be one of general confusion.Thanks for sharing! What a great write-up! 1 Quote "People pay 20-25 dollars to see you."- Céline Dion, 1990
scielle Posted March 29, 2022 at 02:35 AM Posted March 29, 2022 at 02:35 AM Cut scene pic - https://valerielemercier.tumblr.com/post/679997464688951297/aline-accompagn%C3%A9e-dun-policier-retrouve-ses - and good thing, too, don’t think Céline would allow that… 1 Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.