Luki Dion Posted February 15, 2017 at 04:53 PM Posted February 15, 2017 at 04:53 PM You only have to look at the Pentatonix Tweets over the last 24 hours to understand just how wrong you are. She is revered as a legend and an icon, as one of the greatest vocalists and live performers of all-time - if you go in and expect her to be in line with the big stars of today, you are setting yourself up for disappointment. She is above that. Also, she very rarely attends these events - so she probably does feel a bit awkward sometimes. For a star as huge as she is - and we are talking top line, big league, there's nobody bigger etc. - she has been remarkably reclusive over the last 15 years. And that's probably impacted her confidence somewhat when attending these events. This forum frustrates me so much sometimes. I know what u mean, and I really agree with it. What I mean is the perspective from non fans side. I'm in trouble to express this as English is not my native language. I know there's also non fan who came to her show in Vegas or elsewhere. I know that. But at Grammy Award, it is different when they have their own idol there and they only wanted to see their Idol. They got a lot of choices there as they now listen to the new generation music. They now listen to Gaga, Rihanna, Adele and etc. For sure people know who is Celine, but they dont follow her. I know Mariah Carey with My All, but I dont know her much because I dont follow her and I dont like her as I love Celine. When Mariah appears on TV or else, I dont have the rush to see her because I dont like her. I dont listen to her music. And that's the same case to some people there who dont follow Celine the way we are. They will ignore Celine. That's not including the case of new artist being so ignorant to her. The same reason, because they dont follow Celine as they never collaborate with her. They will always with their music and their fans. Adele is the phenomenal now, and they will focus to her, and that's why they let Celine be aside while they cheering for Adele's glory moment. Because Adele is the main reason there to put the eyes on, not Celine. That's why I say, Celine kinda lost her relevant to be there as people seems to ignore her. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Quote I LOVE TO SING...BUT I LOVE TO TALK TOO....!!
LukeD Posted February 15, 2017 at 05:24 PM Posted February 15, 2017 at 05:24 PM (edited) Adele is the phenomenal now, and they will focus to her, and that's why they let Celine be aside while they cheering for Adele's glory moment. Because Adele is the main reason there to put the eyes on, not Celine. That's why I say, Celine kinda lost her relevant to be there as people seems to ignore her.Apart from the fact that Adele is in her prime right now, you also have to consider that she was being awarded that night. It only makes sense she would be the center of attention. Celine was there to just present an award. Imagine them both being part of a tribute. Then Adele would not necessarily overshadow Celine, since Celine is known for delivering great performances. In several occasions, the past few years, Celine became the #1 trending topic on FB and Twitter. IMO, relevance depends on the context we are talking about. For radios Celine is irrelevant, but for TV shows, catalogue music, ticket sales, demand and overall reputation/status she is doing more than fine. Edited February 15, 2017 at 05:29 PM by LukeD 7 Quote
RosieBarron Posted February 15, 2017 at 08:04 PM Posted February 15, 2017 at 08:04 PM You only have to look at the Pentatonix Tweets over the last 24 hours to understand just how wrong you are. She is revered as a legend and an icon, as one of the greatest vocalists and live performers of all-time - if you go in and expect her to be in line with the big stars of today, you are setting yourself up for disappointment. She is above that. Also, she very rarely attends these events - so she probably does feel a bit awkward sometimes. For a star as huge as she is - and we are talking top line, big league, there's nobody bigger etc. - she has been remarkably reclusive over the last 15 years. And that's probably impacted her confidence somewhat when attending these events. This forum frustrates me so much sometimes. Also it must still be strange for her to be attending these sorts of events on her own. Even though she has been doing so now for a few years there was a part of me that certainly missed seeing Rene with her. 2 Quote
LukeD Posted February 15, 2017 at 08:16 PM Posted February 15, 2017 at 08:16 PM CelineDionItalia posted a photo of the outfits of Celine on FB asking fans to vote for their favourite. I obviously voted for the black dress in which she looked divine! Here's a link to the voting for whoever is interested: https://www.facebook.com/CelineDionItalia/?fref=ts&ref=br_tf&qsefr=1 1 Quote
agentwigs Posted February 15, 2017 at 09:08 PM Posted February 15, 2017 at 09:08 PM (edited) Celine said in an interview at the Grammy's that she wished she was performing , she said" im ready" I loved that !!! (she says it at the very end of this video)She's absolutely hilarious. Every time she answers questions like this I'm looking for someone to come and take her back to the loony bin 😂 Still confused by the Labyrinth thing... his usual style is not what I'd expect Céline to like at all... even if she heard Beneath your beautiful surely she'd be more likely to call out Emeli Sandé! She has to be working with him! Edited February 15, 2017 at 09:09 PM by agentwigs Quote
DionFanAlways Posted February 16, 2017 at 01:39 AM Posted February 16, 2017 at 01:39 AM (edited) It's funny how we think she'd like a certain type of music, I guess it's because she never really says too much about it if it's not Sia or Adele related. All I can say is her music tastes are more complex and diverse then I thought. (unless she's just name dropping ) I mean look at her Christmas play list and all that Pentatonix. Plus the fact that she states that she doesn't listen to music at home doesn't help me in believing she knows about these artist. However I like that she is mysterious about some things. Edited February 16, 2017 at 01:43 AM by DionFanAlways 2 Quote I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
CelinesDIVO5 Posted February 16, 2017 at 03:36 AM Posted February 16, 2017 at 03:36 AM It's funny how we think she'd like a certain type of music, I guess it's because she never really says too much about it if it's not Sia or Adele related. All I can say is her music tastes are more complex and diverse then I thought. (unless she's just name dropping ) I mean look at her Christmas play list and all that Pentatonix. Plus the fact that she states that she doesn't listen to music at home doesn't help me in believing she knows about these artist. However I like that she is mysterious about some things. One of her earlier idols was Creedence Clearwater Revival...I also remember her saying she liked to listen to AC/DC (long before Divas Las Vegas). 3 Quote https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PL54qnRGM2gMatthew Charles - "Fix You" - Live at The Stonewall InnStonewall Sensation - Season 15Originally written and performed by Coldplay
DionFanAlways Posted February 16, 2017 at 10:48 AM Posted February 16, 2017 at 10:48 AM One of her earlier idols was Creedence Clearwater Revival...I also remember her saying she liked to listen to AC/DC (long before Divas Las Vegas).True Quote I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
I Drove All Night! Posted February 16, 2017 at 02:57 PM Posted February 16, 2017 at 02:57 PM One of her earlier idols was Creedence Clearwater Revival...I also remember her saying she liked to listen to AC/DC (long before Divas Las Vegas). I thought at one point or another she said she would sing AC/DC for warm-ups/sound checks sometimes Quote
GameC Posted February 16, 2017 at 03:16 PM Posted February 16, 2017 at 03:16 PM I thought at one point or another she said she would sing AC/DC for warm-ups/sound checks sometimesYear 2002, Céline and Anastacia in You Shook Me All Night Long - AC/DC.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1niTEkP-6eo 1 Quote
I Drove All Night! Posted February 16, 2017 at 03:46 PM Posted February 16, 2017 at 03:46 PM Year 2002, Céline and Anastacia in You Shook Me All Night Long - AC/DC.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1niTEkP-6eo I know about that performance, I'm talking about at some point during an interview she talked about singing AC/DC for warm ups/soundchecks. 1 Quote
celinesounds Posted February 16, 2017 at 05:17 PM Posted February 16, 2017 at 05:17 PM I know about that performance, I'm talking about at some point during an interview she talked about singing AC/DC for warm ups/soundchecks. am amazing duet, that somebody said that was her worst cover ever 1 Quote #FREEJAVITO
SuperLove4Celine Posted February 16, 2017 at 05:31 PM Posted February 16, 2017 at 05:31 PM (edited) Year 2002, Céline and Anastacia in You Shook Me All Night Long - AC/DC.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1niTEkP-6eo Not available to watch in the U.S. I've been trying to get this video unbanned here in the states for ages. Aargh! Edited February 16, 2017 at 05:31 PM by SuperLove4Celine 4 Quote
CelineDionFreak Posted February 16, 2017 at 07:02 PM Posted February 16, 2017 at 07:02 PM Not available to watch in the U.S. I've been trying to get this video unbanned here in the states for ages. Aargh!Okay now this is the one that makes no sense to me. I'm not surprised, of course, but it's an ENGLISH SONG live in LAS VEGAS... I don't get it, maybe I need my brain examined 3 Quote I didn't know love until they loved me back to life because somebody loves somebody!Le temps qui compte pour Celine est maintenant!
SuperLove4Celine Posted February 16, 2017 at 07:22 PM Posted February 16, 2017 at 07:22 PM Okay now this is the one that makes no sense to me. I'm not surprised, of course, but it's an ENGLISH SONG live in LAS VEGAS... I don't get it, maybe I need my brain examined You think that one is a head-scratcher? Here are the other ENGLISH videos which are still currently banned in the U.S. on Vevo and YouTube (in alpha order): "Christmas Eve" (Audio) "Don't Save It All For Christmas Day" (Audio) "Eyes On Me" (In-Studio Video) "Feliz Navidad" (Audio) "My Heart Will Go On" (Audio) "O Holy Night" (Audio) "The Magic Of Christmas Day (God Bless Us Everyone)" (Audio) 2 Quote
Celine Fan 77 Posted February 16, 2017 at 09:01 PM Posted February 16, 2017 at 09:01 PM Elegance at its purest... 7 Quote Tournée Européenne in Paris (December 1, 2013) Céline Dion Live 2016 in Antwerp (June 20, 2016) Céline Dion Live 2017 in Birmingham (July 27, 2017) Céline Dion à Paris (September 12, 2026)
DionFanAlways Posted February 17, 2017 at 03:06 AM Posted February 17, 2017 at 03:06 AM https://youtu.be/9k1viyltE5U?t=41I love her expression and the quick raise of the eyebrows after she says, "you got two for the price of one, you're a lucky guy." A little innuendo Celine. 3 Quote I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
DionFanAlways Posted February 17, 2017 at 03:11 AM Posted February 17, 2017 at 03:11 AM (edited) Elegance at its purest... He gave her a "serious chest" (yall remember that phrase, right?) Artistic privilege I guess. These are really amazing! Edited February 17, 2017 at 03:12 AM by DionFanAlways 5 Quote I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
scielle Posted February 17, 2017 at 03:55 AM Posted February 17, 2017 at 03:55 AM Forget Beyonce & Adele. My absolute fave performance at the Grammys was this one. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Je77nmYVDWs Kate Lee = new fave! 1 Quote
Luki Dion Posted February 17, 2017 at 05:16 AM Posted February 17, 2017 at 05:16 AM You think that one is a head-scratcher? Here are the other ENGLISH videos which are still currently banned in the U.S. on Vevo and YouTube (in alpha order): "Christmas Eve" (Audio) "Don't Save It All For Christmas Day" (Audio) "Eyes On Me" (In-Studio Video) "Feliz Navidad" (Audio) "My Heart Will Go On" (Audio) "O Holy Night" (Audio) "The Magic Of Christmas Day (God Bless Us Everyone)" (Audio) I can watch all of them in my country Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 1 Quote I LOVE TO SING...BUT I LOVE TO TALK TOO....!!
isurrender Posted February 17, 2017 at 07:39 AM Posted February 17, 2017 at 07:39 AM It's funny how we think she'd like a certain type of music, I guess it's because she never really says too much about it if it's not Sia or Adele related. All I can say is her music tastes are more complex and diverse then I thought. (unless she's just name dropping ) I mean look at her Christmas play list and all that Pentatonix. Plus the fact that she states that she doesn't listen to music at home doesn't help me in believing she knows about these artist. However I like that she is mysterious about some things. And fact is she knows a lot of songs actually. ..that's quite mysterious for someone who never listens to music. 1 Quote
maria_k Posted February 17, 2017 at 11:25 AM Posted February 17, 2017 at 11:25 AM It can be also RC who shows her new music, remember she said how he sends her messages to check a certain band or a song, and by the way I wonder if she will continue to claim in her interviews that she doesn't have a phone http://s018.radikal.ru/i528/1702/da/a3bed159c89d.jpg 5 Quote
jpatdeleon09 Posted February 17, 2017 at 11:34 AM Posted February 17, 2017 at 11:34 AM What's her phone now? I remember her motorola flip phone the gold one back in 2007 Quote
mirage Posted February 17, 2017 at 12:05 PM Posted February 17, 2017 at 12:05 PM From where is that pic? Is there more? It can be also RC who shows her new music, remember she said how he sends her messages to check a certain band or a song, and by the way I wonder if she will continue to claim in her interviews that she doesn't have a phone http://s018.radikal.ru/i528/1702/da/a3bed159c89d.jpg Quote
jpatdeleon09 Posted February 17, 2017 at 12:10 PM Posted February 17, 2017 at 12:10 PM From where is that pic? Is there more? It looks like from the taping of the bee gees tribute 1 Quote
maria_k Posted February 17, 2017 at 12:23 PM Posted February 17, 2017 at 12:23 PM From where is that pic? Is there more? Yes, it's from Bee Gees tribute, and in this outfit I didn't see more besides those with Pentatonix and the ones which are taken from live feed of Lawhttps://www.instagram.com/p/BQiD_RFlE8j/ Quote
Naiomi zhannah Posted February 17, 2017 at 01:04 PM Posted February 17, 2017 at 01:04 PM I wonder why she even needs a phone. Don't all calls go to her manager or something like that 1 Quote
DionFanAlways Posted February 17, 2017 at 02:28 PM Posted February 17, 2017 at 02:28 PM It can be also RC who shows her new music, remember she said how he sends her messages to check a certain band or a song, and by the way I wonder if she will continue to claim in her interviews that she doesn't have a phone http://s018.radikal.ru/i528/1702/da/a3bed159c89d.jpgThat looks like a remote she's holding, lol! 1 Quote I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
Ukrfan Posted February 17, 2017 at 04:03 PM Posted February 17, 2017 at 04:03 PM I wonder why she even needs a phone. Don't all calls go to her manager or something like thatWhy do you need a phone? To talk to your children, family members... She is just a human after all. 4 Quote
DionFanAlways Posted February 17, 2017 at 04:14 PM Posted February 17, 2017 at 04:14 PM From where is that pic? Is there more? I wonder if that's her hotel room and that's one of the twins arm and she's doing the moves? Y'all remember the show she did with Julie and they were in Paris and she was doing those little exercises with Nelson watching TV ? Quote I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.