CelinesDIVO5 Posted March 6, 2017 at 08:26 PM Posted March 6, 2017 at 08:26 PM The bigger problem is Celine having 5 Grammy awards opposed to Beyonka and Yawndele having 22 and 15 respectively. It's because there's no real competition anymore. Back when Celine was winning Grammys, there were actual stakes in the music industry. 1 Quote https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PL54qnRGM2gMatthew Charles - "Fix You" - Live at The Stonewall InnStonewall Sensation - Season 15Originally written and performed by Coldplay
angelil78 Posted March 6, 2017 at 08:36 PM Posted March 6, 2017 at 08:36 PM I knew Grammy was no longer what it used to be when Britney was nominated as best female vocal some years ago. It says it all. .. But I used to like Britney. I think one of her best cd's she made was when she was sick (sad) but her latest cd SUCKS. I listened for the first time today and Quote
artistman2007 Posted March 6, 2017 at 08:52 PM Posted March 6, 2017 at 08:52 PM (edited) . Edited March 6, 2017 at 08:53 PM by artistman2007 1 Quote
isurrender Posted March 6, 2017 at 09:40 PM Posted March 6, 2017 at 09:40 PM Without putting too much love out there for Britney... she changed the music industry in a big way! Kev x I blame her for all the easy tasteless pop songs Céline has in her discography since 99. If it wasn't for her and Baby One more time (and Max Martin) ... we wouldn't have TTWIT and all its siblings... Quote
CelinesDIVO5 Posted March 6, 2017 at 09:42 PM Posted March 6, 2017 at 09:42 PM I blame her for all the easy tasteless pop songs Céline has in her discography since 99. If it wasn't for her and Baby One more time (and Max Martin) ... we wouldn't have TTWIT and all its siblings... I would hardly call TTWII tasteless. And without Max Martin, we wouldn't have "In His Touch" which is quite beautiful. 3 Quote https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PL54qnRGM2gMatthew Charles - "Fix You" - Live at The Stonewall InnStonewall Sensation - Season 15Originally written and performed by Coldplay
Javito Posted March 6, 2017 at 09:45 PM Posted March 6, 2017 at 09:45 PM (edited) I blame her for all the easy tasteless pop songs Céline has in her discography since 99. If it wasn't for her and Baby One more time (and Max Martin) ... we wouldn't have TTWIT and all its siblings... Without TTWII Céline's progression to stardom would have stopped with MHWGO and wouldn't have continued through 2000 thanks to that song... Can't believe what I'm reading lol. Thanks to TTWII in 1999 she proved that Céline Dion wasn't just the voice for typical ballads and her versatile voice could adapt to more styles and reach a broad young audience too. Once mostly half of the planet was already sick of listening MHWGO literally everywhere, radios had another option with TTWII and the song received great and huge radio airplay, showing a different face of Céline (which was also way needed too). In my book, that never was never bad and it never hurted, on the contrary... Edited March 6, 2017 at 09:51 PM by Javito 7 Quote "Hush, now... I see a light in the sky"
angelil78 Posted March 6, 2017 at 09:53 PM Posted March 6, 2017 at 09:53 PM I love TTWII!! That was a great song of hers and I even sometimes still hear it on the radio and in malls. 5 Quote
celine4evauk Posted March 6, 2017 at 09:55 PM Posted March 6, 2017 at 09:55 PM I remember that a boy band wanted TTWII but celine won! Can't remember who, either Backstreet Boys or N'Sync. Anyone else remember that? Lol 2 Quote
isurrender Posted March 6, 2017 at 10:03 PM Posted March 6, 2017 at 10:03 PM Without TTWII Céline's progression to stardom would have stopped with MHWGO and wouldn't have continued through 2000 thanks to that song... Can't believe what I'm reading lol. Thanks to TTWII in 1999 she proved that Céline Dion wasn't just the voice for typical ballads and her versatile voice could adapt to more styles and reach a broad young audience too. Once mostly half of the planet was already sick of listening MHWGO literally everywhere, radios had another option with TTWII and the song received great and huge radio airplay, showing a different face of Céline (which was also way needed too). In my book, that never was never bad and it never hurted, on the contrary... That's your opinion and people's problem if they waited this song to find out she had uptempo songs. And I really don't care about success and so on...if I don't like the song. The world was drowned with bubble pop songs like TTWIT back then... People liking it it's one thing but saying it was the savior of her career lol.. she just went with the flow. I must be repeating myself but this song is déjà vu as there are tons of similar songs in Backstreet boys, N sync, and other boys and girls bands album. Quote
LukeD Posted March 6, 2017 at 10:15 PM Posted March 6, 2017 at 10:15 PM (edited) TTWII is a pop anthem. One of these Celine songs I can proudly show to anyone regardless of age, sex, music taste. It is SO good that we shouldn't even be defending it. Edited March 6, 2017 at 10:15 PM by LukeD 7 Quote
CelineDionFreak Posted March 6, 2017 at 11:28 PM Posted March 6, 2017 at 11:28 PM (edited) Omg TTWII is amazing still today. I think it helped put her on the map for younger people, honestly I wonder if OH would've come about without TTWII. I love it! I also hear it in Walmart some days so it is definetly still relevant! Edited March 6, 2017 at 11:28 PM by CelineDionFreak 3 Quote I didn't know love until they loved me back to life because somebody loves somebody!Le temps qui compte pour Celine est maintenant!
browseceline Posted March 6, 2017 at 11:58 PM Posted March 6, 2017 at 11:58 PM I knew Grammy was no longer what it used to be when Britney was nominated as best female vocal some years ago. It says it all. ..Are you kidding? Yes an entertainer.that is what she is..but vocally? Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G901F met Tapatalk Quote <iframe width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hl2XkxnYljg" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
browseceline Posted March 6, 2017 at 11:59 PM Posted March 6, 2017 at 11:59 PM .Looks like Celine's back..who is Dalida? Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G901F met Tapatalk 1 Quote <iframe width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hl2XkxnYljg" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
browseceline Posted March 7, 2017 at 12:04 AM Posted March 7, 2017 at 12:04 AM I would hardly call TTWII tasteless. And without Max Martin, we wouldn't have "In His Touch" which is quite beautiful.No ttwit has a uplifting vibe and an inspiring message to never give up on love or something that seems out of reach. At least that is what i feel when listening to that song. And it is also a happy uptempo powersong. Love it! Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G901F met Tapatalk 1 Quote <iframe width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hl2XkxnYljg" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Brandon Posted March 7, 2017 at 12:33 AM Posted March 7, 2017 at 12:33 AM Well, let's first begin with Celine's fans... I don't get all this caprice that Céline has to be praised by other artists (and especially Adèle in this case ). Who cares ? Oh... and Adele bowed down (or kind of ) in front of Céline. That's the highest respectful sign. . Some of you are getting really ridiculous now commenting on Adèle's behaviour, what she said or didn't...You are saying that she is self centred but you give her all the attention . that makes no sense. Maybe she will be more down to earth if people wouldn't consider what she says as prophet's words... I don't remember Céline thanking Seal when she got her icon award. .. And finally, nobody is forced to love Céline. Not everybody does actually. Why would Celine thank Seal. They have nothing in common. And Seal didn't pave the way for Celine as Celine did with Adele. Both are singers in the same genre with one being a Legend and the other a sophomore. Do you get the difference. 1 Quote https://media.giphy....zviuO/giphy.gif
Brandon Posted March 7, 2017 at 12:37 AM Posted March 7, 2017 at 12:37 AM TTWII is a pop anthem. One of these Celine songs I can proudly show to anyone regardless of age, sex, music taste. It is SO good that we shouldn't even be defending it. Well said. And the video even after 17 years, still looks and feels contemporary. 2 Quote https://media.giphy....zviuO/giphy.gif
Brandon Posted March 7, 2017 at 12:39 AM Posted March 7, 2017 at 12:39 AM Are you kidding? Yes an entertainer.that is what she is..but vocally? Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G901F met TapatalkBritney lip syncs her entire concert in Las Vegas. She basically went on stage, inserted the CD and pressed Play. 2 Quote https://media.giphy....zviuO/giphy.gif
Brandon Posted March 7, 2017 at 12:51 AM Posted March 7, 2017 at 12:51 AM Yeah Grammy's any any award for that matter are a joke. Beyonce and Adele have so many Grammy's because they are very popular and have best sellers. Just look at some of the winners in the past 10 years. Like WTF how did some of them win a GRAMMY! the biggest award for musicians! it's a joke! (no I'm not kidding) If you do not have a best seller, then you can forget about it.Right I remember when the Grammy's was about honoring art. If the song was popular so be it but popularity or top 40 radio wasn't the basis upon you received a Grammy. Justin Bieber got Grammy award. Case stated. 2 Quote https://media.giphy....zviuO/giphy.gif
Brandon Posted March 7, 2017 at 12:55 AM Posted March 7, 2017 at 12:55 AM I thought that when Adele broke her Grammy in half was very rude. She is getting a lot of compliment because of that but not from me. And I do like AdeleAdele is what they call a country bumpkin. Lol. You can take her out of the country but you can't take the country out of her. 1 Quote https://media.giphy....zviuO/giphy.gif
artistman2007 Posted March 7, 2017 at 03:31 AM Posted March 7, 2017 at 03:31 AM (edited) Looks like Celine's back..who is Dalida? Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G901F met Tapatalk exactly ,she was a famous French singer,actually celine sang a song of her's in1996 or 1997 called parole Edited March 7, 2017 at 03:32 AM by artistman2007 1 Quote
Javito Posted March 7, 2017 at 09:01 AM Posted March 7, 2017 at 09:01 AM (edited) That's your opinion and people's problem if they waited this song to find out she had uptempo songs. And I really don't care about success and so on...if I don't like the song. The world was drowned with bubble pop songs like TTWIT back then...People liking it it's one thing but saying it was the savior of her career lol.. she just went with the flow. I must be repeating myself but this song is déjà vu as there are tons of similar songs in Backstreet boys, N sync, and other boys and girls bands album. Well then "people" must have had a big problem when apparently they all received with open arms this single back in 1999, since it was greatly received and acclaimed both by audience and radios everywhere No I didn't say this song was the "saviour" of her career (her career had already been saved and was safe and sound years before that lol), but it did bring a breath of fresh air to her career, after so many ballads in her single releases history. I must be repeating myself but this song is déjà vu as there are tons of similar songs in Backstreet boys, N sync, and other boys and girls bands album. And this is where you fail to defend your opinion sorry: this song may be a déjà vu for other groups like Backstreet Boys or N'Sync like you say, because those groups were all well accostumed to release those kind of singles. They have 5-10 similar songs in each album and their discography is loaded with these uptempo tunes. For Céline? Certainly not! TTWII was nothing like she had done before, it was the first uptempo single she had released globally in her career (and I'm not counting Misled or LCMM because they weren't released internationally), so no, it wasn't a déjà vu at all for HER! Let alone the general public was used to listening Céline singing a tune like TTWII The single was even sent and released in such uncommon countries as South Africa! You may not like the song and you may want to go against "the world" on this, but you cannot change the fact that it was widely accepted by the public and hence it was a massive success Edited March 7, 2017 at 09:06 AM by Javito 4 Quote "Hush, now... I see a light in the sky"
Brandon Posted March 8, 2017 at 04:21 AM Posted March 8, 2017 at 04:21 AM (edited) But I used to like Britney. I think one of her best cd's she made was when she was sick (sad) but her latest cd SUCKS. I listened for the first time today and I'm still holding a grudge against Britney. I never will forgive her. When Celine was on top of the world in 1998 and Lets Talk about Love and Titanic held the #1 and #2 spots in the Billboard Top 200 albums for a whole frigging year straight, then it was around that time that Britney Spears debuted her first album "Oops I did it Again. " It was the beginning of the down slope of pop/radio music. And all the trashy naked singers were just about to come on the scene for the first time, led by Britney Spears. Britney's album overtook LTAL for the first spot. It was then I knew that pop and radio music would never be the same again. Unfortunately it hasn't been. But I'm so glad I was alive on the earth to witness the rise and glory of Celine Dion and her eternal music.#PopMusicNeverGoodAgain Edited March 8, 2017 at 04:22 AM by Brandon 3 Quote https://media.giphy....zviuO/giphy.gif
CelinesDIVO5 Posted March 8, 2017 at 06:27 AM Posted March 8, 2017 at 06:27 AM Well then "people" must have had a big problem when apparently they all received with open arms this single back in 1999, since it was greatly received and acclaimed both by audience and radios everywhere No I didn't say this song was the "saviour" of her career (her career had already been saved and was safe and sound years before that lol), but it did bring a breath of fresh air to her career, after so many ballads in her single releases history. And this is where you fail to defend your opinion sorry: this song may be a déjà vu for other groups like Backstreet Boys or N'Sync like you say, because those groups were all well accostumed to release those kind of singles. They have 5-10 similar songs in each album and their discography is loaded with these uptempo tunes. For Céline? Certainly not! TTWII was nothing like she had done before, it was the first uptempo single she had released globally in her career (and I'm not counting Misled or LCMM because they weren't released internationally), so no, it wasn't a déjà vu at all for HER! Let alone the general public was used to listening Céline singing a tune like TTWII The single was even sent and released in such uncommon countries as South Africa! You may not like the song and you may want to go against "the world" on this, but you cannot change the fact that it was widely accepted by the public and hence it was a massive success Hell hath frozen over...I actually agree with your post. LOL 1 Quote https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PL54qnRGM2gMatthew Charles - "Fix You" - Live at The Stonewall InnStonewall Sensation - Season 15Originally written and performed by Coldplay
artistman2007 Posted March 8, 2017 at 08:09 AM Posted March 8, 2017 at 08:09 AM I'm really so proud of our celine ,she really tried all kinds of music .pop,rock ,jazz,,classic,different albums ,changed her skin totally,took risks,took chances,she did it all with soul and heart.same with looks ,she tried it all and was fierce ,who believes that celine on the cover of 1F&4t is the same one that sang my heart will go on,the one who sang one heart , it's crazy She is really a true artist in every way .i love her so much 3 Quote
Javito Posted March 8, 2017 at 10:29 AM Posted March 8, 2017 at 10:29 AM (edited) I'm really so proud of our celine ,she really tried all kinds of music .pop,rock ,jazz,,classic,different albums ,changed her skin totally,took risks,took chances,she did it all with soul and heart.same with looks ,she tried it all and was fierce ,who believes that celine on the cover of 1F&4t is the same one that sang my heart will go on,the one who sang one heart , it's crazy She is really a true artist in every way .i love her so much If you don't like the official cover of 1f&4t, just turn over the booklet and there you have an alternate nice cover with only Céline's face on it That's the one I use http://st-listas.20minutos.es/images/2008-10/57796/680071_640px.jpg?1251029869 Edited March 8, 2017 at 10:30 AM by Javito 3 Quote "Hush, now... I see a light in the sky"
isurrender Posted March 8, 2017 at 07:38 PM Posted March 8, 2017 at 07:38 PM (edited) Well then "people" must have had a big problem when apparently they all received with open arms this single back in 1999, since it was greatly received and acclaimed both by audience and radios everywhere No I didn't say this song was the "saviour" of her career (her career had already been saved and was safe and sound years before that lol), but it did bring a breath of fresh air to her career, after so many ballads in her single releases history. And this is where you fail to defend your opinion sorry: this song may be a déjà vu for other groups like Backstreet Boys or N'Sync like you say, because those groups were all well accostumed to release those kind of singles. They have 5-10 similar songs in each album and their discography is loaded with these uptempo tunes. For Céline? Certainly not! TTWII was nothing like she had done before, it was the first uptempo single she had released globally in her career (and I'm not counting Misled or LCMM because they weren't released internationally), so no, it wasn't a déjà vu at all for HER! Let alone the general public was used to listening Céline singing a tune like TTWII The single was even sent and released in such uncommon countries as South Africa! You may not like the song and you may want to go against "the world" on this, but you cannot change the fact that it was widely accepted by the public and hence it was a massive success I don't think I failed anything sorry. On the contrary , I think you can't read.I never tried to change facts and its success. I exposed some reasons why I didn't like it. All you can do to defend your opinion is to say it was embraced by the world. Just like you wanted to convinced yourself it's a good song : "if the world liked the song, it's surely good". Sorry I don't bite the common reason "if it's a Success, it's good" and the other way around. But one thing I'll serve you in the future as argument : it wasn't déjà vu for Céline. You are so willing to bury some songs you don't like by coming up with "nothing original" or whatsoever even when she had not done this kind of music before..Even for the next album, how many times I read that she shouldn't try to sound like anybody else.. Strangely for TTWIT is not a problem if the song was a copy of others... You use the same arguments when it suits your tastes. weird. Edited March 8, 2017 at 07:39 PM by isurrender Quote
isurrender Posted March 8, 2017 at 07:43 PM Posted March 8, 2017 at 07:43 PM Why would Celine thank Seal. They have nothing in common. And Seal didn't pave the way for Celine as Celine did with Adele. Both are singers in the same genre with one being a Legend and the other a sophomore. Do you get the difference. Yeah sure... Céline was the first to sing ballads. .. Quote
LukeD Posted March 8, 2017 at 08:12 PM Posted March 8, 2017 at 08:12 PM ^ *grabs pop corn* *waits for replies* 1 Quote
Brandon Posted March 9, 2017 at 03:05 AM Posted March 9, 2017 at 03:05 AM Yeah sure... Céline was the first to sing ballads. .. Quote https://media.giphy....zviuO/giphy.gif
chocolatechip15 Posted March 9, 2017 at 03:19 AM Posted March 9, 2017 at 03:19 AM (edited) If you don't like the official cover of 1f&4t, just turn over the booklet and there you have an alternate nice cover with only Céline's face on it That's the one I use http://st-listas.20minutos.es/images/2008-10/57796/680071_640px.jpg?1251029869 I use this cover too! I like it so much better than the official one! Edited March 9, 2017 at 03:19 AM by chocolatechip15 1 Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.