DionFanAlways Posted February 17, 2017 at 04:18 PM Posted February 17, 2017 at 04:18 PM 4 Quote I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
DionFanAlways Posted February 17, 2017 at 05:01 PM Posted February 17, 2017 at 05:01 PM (edited) I love this night. More ❤️Ok don't know why it flipped :/ Edited February 17, 2017 at 05:02 PM by DionFanAlways 2 Quote I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
celinesounds Posted February 17, 2017 at 05:13 PM Posted February 17, 2017 at 05:13 PM I wonder why she even needs a phone. Don't all calls go to her manager or something like thatpersonal call 2 Quote #FREEJAVITO
nuts2you Posted February 17, 2017 at 09:49 PM Posted February 17, 2017 at 09:49 PM To the person that was asking about the video's posted above , cause US fans here in the states CANT VIEW THEM,, Quote
Popular Post LukeD Posted February 18, 2017 at 12:20 AM Popular Post Posted February 18, 2017 at 12:20 AM (edited) I am reading comments online and I want to puke in the notion that Beyonce is underrated. She is the exact opposite and her fans act as if the Grammy Awards wronged her for not giving her more awards this year. They completely disregard the FACT that it is the exact same institution that built a reputation for her. The hype around her name has always exceeded her talent and the commercial success of her albums. And this hype has been -in part- the result of the critical acclaim of her releases. To compare her with Mariah, since they are both non-white, American singers/songwriters (assuming Beyonce does write her songs), I find it RIDICULOUS that Mariah has only received 5 Grammy awards opposed to Beyonce who has 22!!! Mariah is simply the more skilled vocalist, the more original song-writer and her music catalogue has been far more influential and culturally important. It just amazes me how one would describe Beyonce underrated, especially in the context of Grammy Awards. Edited February 18, 2017 at 12:27 AM by LukeD 8 Quote
celinesounds Posted February 18, 2017 at 12:20 AM Posted February 18, 2017 at 12:20 AM (edited) To the person that was asking about the video's posted above , cause US fans here in the states CANT VIEW THEM,, now you can guilt Mr Trump with his big wall Edited February 18, 2017 at 12:20 AM by celinesounds Quote #FREEJAVITO
Angel2006 Posted February 18, 2017 at 01:02 AM Posted February 18, 2017 at 01:02 AM It can be also RC who shows her new music, remember she said how he sends her messages to check a certain band or a song, and by the way I wonder if she will continue to claim in her interviews that she doesn't have a phone http://s018.radikal.ru/i528/1702/da/a3bed159c89d.jpg Thank you for posting this pic. I hope we get more pics of Celine in this outfit. I love that jacket. It's really giving me some serious Michael Jackson vibes! Quote
CelinesDIVO5 Posted February 18, 2017 at 02:02 AM Posted February 18, 2017 at 02:02 AM I am reading comments online and I want to puke in the notion that Beyonce is underrated. She is the exact opposite and her fans act as if the Grammy Awards wronged her for not giving her more awards this year. They completely disregard the FACT that it is the exact same institution that built a reputation for her. The hype around her name has always exceeded her talent and the commercial success of her albums. And this hype has been -in part- the result of the critical acclaim of her releases. To compare her with Mariah, since they are both non-white, American singers/songwriters (assuming Beyonce does write her songs), I find it RIDICULOUS that Mariah has only received 5 Grammy awards opposed to Beyonce who has 22!!! Mariah is simply the more skilled vocalist, the more original song-writer and her music catalogue has been far more influential and culturally important. It just amazes me how one would describe Beyonce underrated, especially in the context of Grammy Awards. Her Lemonade album however, was magnificent. It touched on topics that need to be spoken about. She did an entire documentary which displayed the importance of each song. Now, she's not my favorite by any means...and I love love love Adele. And wholeheartedly believe that she deserved the award just as much as Beyoncé. I honestly believe that there should have been nobody else in the running but these 2 ladies for Album of the Year, because nobody else they were up against even measured up. I would have been equally satisfied had Beyoncé won. And Adele did say it best..."WTF does she have to do?" to win Album of the Year? If Beyoncé was going to win this award, this would have been the time. I don't feel as if she was snubbed or overlooked, but I honestly don't know how much more creative she can be after this last project. It was miles better than her previous. 1 Quote https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PL54qnRGM2gMatthew Charles - "Fix You" - Live at The Stonewall InnStonewall Sensation - Season 15Originally written and performed by Coldplay
Brandon Posted February 19, 2017 at 06:47 AM Posted February 19, 2017 at 06:47 AM I am reading comments online and I want to puke in the notion that Beyonce is underrated. She is the exact opposite and her fans act as if the Grammy Awards wronged her for not giving her more awards this year. They completely disregard the FACT that it is the exact same institution that built a reputation for her. The hype around her name has always exceeded her talent and the commercial success of her albums. And this hype has been -in part- the result of the critical acclaim of her releases. To compare her with Mariah, since they are both non-white, American singers/songwriters (assuming Beyonce does write her songs), I find it RIDICULOUS that Mariah has only received 5 Grammy awards opposed to Beyonce who has 22!!! Mariah is simply the more skilled vocalist, the more original song-writer and her music catalogue has been far more influential and culturally important. It just amazes me how one would describe Beyonce underrated, especially in the context of Grammy Awards.Exactly. Let's get a reality check here. Beyonce is highly overrated. And her Lemonade album was said to plagerize other people's work and there's a lawsuit going on. So yea... 2 Quote https://media.giphy....zviuO/giphy.gif
scielle Posted February 19, 2017 at 10:12 PM Posted February 19, 2017 at 10:12 PM I've only really listened to 25 a handful of times and don't think it's Adele's best work, but what I appreciate about her is that she brought back the idea that a pop star can just stand there and sing. No twerking, backup dancers, Cirque-style acrobatics, etc. She just sings, or as she put it "I make music for ears, not eyes" (I might be paraphrasing). She proved that none of that fluff is necessary, which I think a lot of people forgot in recent years, and which is fabulous because that's what Celine does best, too. Stand there and sing. All the backup dancer, cape, TSMGO Freddy Mercury theatrics just felt so forced during the TC tour. I hope Celine doesn't resort to that stuff again. It's distracting (and, in my eyes at least, cringe-worthy), and she simply doesn't need it. So I'm thankful to Adele for reminding everyone that it's perfectly fine to just sing. 2 Quote
neocshs Posted February 19, 2017 at 10:36 PM Posted February 19, 2017 at 10:36 PM I've only really listened to 25 a handful of times and don't think it's Adele's best work, but what I appreciate about her is that she brought back the idea that a pop star can just stand there and sing. No twerking, backup dancers, Cirque-style acrobatics, etc. She just sings, or as she put it "I make music for ears, not eyes" (I might be paraphrasing). She proved that none of that fluff is necessary, which I think a lot of people forgot in recent years, and which is fabulous because that's what Celine does best, too. Stand there and sing. All the backup dancer, cape, TSMGO Freddy Mercury theatrics just felt so forced during the TC tour. I hope Celine doesn't resort to that stuff again. It's distracting (and, in my eyes at least, cringe-worthy), and she simply doesn't need it. So I'm thankful to Adele for reminding everyone that it's perfectly fine to just sing. Come on xD I'm Alive, Eyes on me and RDMH were quite cool with the dance routine! 1 Quote http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs638.snc4/59806_1286422260657_1833187247_552295_3401062_n.jpg http://www.celinedionitalia.com/banner.png VISITATECI Facebook - Claudio Liggi Youtube - neocshsYoutube - CelineDionItalia93CelineChannelForum - My works about célineCelineChannelForum - neocshs's covers CelineDionMultimedia - my blog
scielle Posted February 19, 2017 at 10:41 PM Posted February 19, 2017 at 10:41 PM (edited) Come on xD I'm Alive, Eyes on me and RDMH were quite cool with the dance routine! I don't think they were, no. Don't get me wrong, nothing against dancers, quite the opposite. But there's a place and time.ANDHC show was a concept show and there I thought the theatre & dance were an integral piece of the overall experience. But the arena tour? No thanks. That was just silly. Edited February 19, 2017 at 10:45 PM by scielle Quote
Popular Post DionFanAlways Posted February 20, 2017 at 10:42 PM Popular Post Posted February 20, 2017 at 10:42 PM Haven't seen this one yet:https://youtu.be/y7M9WnatOWM 10 Quote I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
CelinesDIVO5 Posted February 20, 2017 at 11:05 PM Posted February 20, 2017 at 11:05 PM (edited) I don't think they were, no. Don't get me wrong, nothing against dancers, quite the opposite. But there's a place and time.ANDHC show was a concept show and there I thought the theatre & dance were an integral piece of the overall experience. But the arena tour? No thanks. That was just silly. I thought the big white cape was exquisite. Edited February 20, 2017 at 11:05 PM by CelinesDIVO5 5 Quote https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PL54qnRGM2gMatthew Charles - "Fix You" - Live at The Stonewall InnStonewall Sensation - Season 15Originally written and performed by Coldplay
Peppercorn1991 Posted February 20, 2017 at 11:21 PM Posted February 20, 2017 at 11:21 PM Haven't seen this one yet:https://youtu.be/y7M9WnatOWM This really made me laugh.... had to come back to it to watch again Kev x 2 Quote
Javito Posted February 20, 2017 at 11:34 PM Posted February 20, 2017 at 11:34 PM This made me fall in love with her again! :wub: If only she performed songs like "Moves Like Jagger" in her shows... Something is going really wrong with her when she comes up with songs like this and Sia and Beyoncé all of a sudden in her interviews but she records in the studio such insipid and dated songs What's going wrong, really? They need to hire some experts picking the songs for her albums right now before they make another messy CD! Haven't seen this one yet:https://youtu.be/y7M9WnatOWM 1 Quote "Hush, now... I see a light in the sky"
CelinesDIVO5 Posted February 20, 2017 at 11:36 PM Posted February 20, 2017 at 11:36 PM This made me fall in love with her again! :wub: If only she performed songs like "Moves Like Jagger" in her shows... Something is going really wrong with her when she comes up with songs like this and Sia and Beyoncé all of a sudden in her interviews but she records in the studio such insipid and dated songs What's going wrong, really? They need to hire some experts picking the songs for her albums right now before they make another messy CD! Or allow Celine to solely be the person who chooses what she wants to record. She clearly has good taste in the music she likes to listen to and cover. Let her take her own direction with her sound. 2 Quote https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PL54qnRGM2gMatthew Charles - "Fix You" - Live at The Stonewall InnStonewall Sensation - Season 15Originally written and performed by Coldplay
Javito Posted February 20, 2017 at 11:46 PM Posted February 20, 2017 at 11:46 PM (edited) Or allow Celine to solely be the person who chooses what she wants to record. She clearly has good taste in the music she likes to listen to and cover. Let her take her own direction with her sound. Nobody is forcing her to take any direction. Actually stepping away from what's been considered "trendy" at each time, that has been her way and she made her way through it with great success too. It's just that apparently there's a big gap between what she personally likes and what she listens to, and then what she records and sings on stage We've seen Rihanna, then Sia, then Beyoncé, then... she is fangirling to singers that are exactly the opposite to her, and I don't know if this is just a pose of her or she really enjoys this music. Both options could be true, she could be imitating current songs just to show she is aware of what music is trendy, but if it's the latter option, I find it sad that she never gets to record the kind of music she enjoys from others. Who knows?! Edited February 20, 2017 at 11:49 PM by Javito Quote "Hush, now... I see a light in the sky"
CelinesDIVO5 Posted February 20, 2017 at 11:53 PM Posted February 20, 2017 at 11:53 PM Nobody is forcing her to take any direction. Actually stepping away from what's been considered "trendy" at each time, that has been her way and she made her way through it with great success too. It's just that apparently there's a big gap between what she personally likes and what she listens to, and then what she records and sings on stage We've seen Rihanna, then Sia, then Beyoncé, then... she is fangirling to singers that are exactly the opposite to her, and I don't know if this is just a pose of her or she really enjoys this music. Both options could be true, she could be imitating current songs just to show she is aware of what music is trendy, but if it's the latter option, I find it sad that she never gets to record the kind of music she enjoys from others. Who knows?! She's had a team and Rene basically helping her narrow down the choices for songs to record. She should take some time, on her own, with about 30-40 songs and grab a glass of wine...or 7 lol, and just listen. Take in all of the songs on her own. And narrow it down to the ones she wants to record, and then have her team help decide what goes on the album. I think we would be pleasantly surprised with what Celine would choose on her own. She's got great taste. 5 Quote https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PL54qnRGM2gMatthew Charles - "Fix You" - Live at The Stonewall InnStonewall Sensation - Season 15Originally written and performed by Coldplay
nuts2you Posted February 20, 2017 at 11:56 PM Posted February 20, 2017 at 11:56 PM I thought I read somewhere that I think that the next set of shows after 2019 , that she want to do a show like that, Quote
Javito Posted February 20, 2017 at 11:56 PM Posted February 20, 2017 at 11:56 PM (edited) She's had a team and Rene basically helping her narrow down the choices for songs to record. She should take some time, on her own, with about 30-40 songs and grab a glass of wine...or 7 lol, and just listen. Take in all of the songs on her own. And narrow it down to the ones she wants to record, and then have her team help decide what goes on the album. I think we would be pleasantly surprised with what Celine would choose on her own. She's got great taste. Agree And may I add that considering René was the one who said that "A Song For You" was the best song in the TC album ( ), I'd say that René probably rejected many songs that Céline liked, and many others that Céline probably won't ever got to listen because René first discarded them... For instance, I'm not sure "Tu sauras" would have made it into EUS album with René... He was really conservative with the sound and style of her music. Just saying. But seriously, someone needs to be in the recording studio with some BIG banners with Beyoncé, Rihanna, Sia and now Maroon 5 faces on them and show them in the background to remind her what she sings all the time when she's doing interviews I'm really looking forward to what she has in store for the next new English album (hope it's not going in the Recovering line, though) Edited February 21, 2017 at 12:01 AM by Javito 1 Quote "Hush, now... I see a light in the sky"
DionFanAlways Posted February 21, 2017 at 12:06 AM Posted February 21, 2017 at 12:06 AM Rene had a formula, and it worked, worked really well, too well, if y'all can understand what I'm trying to say. It kept her in a mold, in a rut. Hopefully we are going to be blown away with this tour and album. Great things coming ahead! (Just my thoughts ) 3 Quote I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
québecflower Posted February 21, 2017 at 12:08 AM Posted February 21, 2017 at 12:08 AM Agree And may I add that considering René was the one who said that "A Song For You" was the best song in the TC album ( ), I'd say that René probably rejected many songs that Céline liked, and many others that Céline probably won't ever got to listen because René first discarded them... For instance, I'm not sure "Tu sauras" would have made it into EUS album with René... He was really conservative with the sound and style of her music. Just saying. But seriously, someone needs to be in the recording studio with some BIG banners with Beyoncé, Rihanna, Sia and now Maroon 5 faces on them and show them in the background to remind her what she sings all the time when she's doing interviews I'm really looking forward to what she has in store for the next new English album (hope it's not going in the Recovering line, though) she said she was taling her time, maybe we will be pleasantly surprised. She had great songs on the french album , she is able to take risks, like the zaho songs were not an evident choice, and she decided to sing them in a modern way. So wait and see, but i need 1 or two boring songs like Si c'était à refaire and Plus qu'ailleurs. 3 Quote Plus qu'ailleurs , but now Si c'était à refaire , i still love tant de temps....
québecflower Posted February 21, 2017 at 12:10 AM Posted February 21, 2017 at 12:10 AM Rene had a formula, and it worked, worked really well, too well, if y'all can understand what I'm trying to say. It kept her in a mold, in a rut.Hopefully we are going to be blown away with this tour and album. Great things coming ahead!(Just my thoughts )René was keeping her brand, i think she doesn't care to change that brand.... 2 Quote Plus qu'ailleurs , but now Si c'était à refaire , i still love tant de temps....
CelinesDIVO5 Posted February 21, 2017 at 12:20 AM Posted February 21, 2017 at 12:20 AM Don't get me wrong...Rene was a genius. He did better than anyone ever could with Celine's career. He made it work. Like it's been said, he created a career, not a hit. I just think that Celine has got a newfound independence in both her personal life and her career. I would assume she feels that she must take some more control at this stage in the game. I personally feel Celine could make some great decisions on her own behalf, on her own to get the ball rolling, and then lean on her team to help her execute the project with her own vision. She's a smart lady. And I think she knows what she wants. 7 Quote https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PL54qnRGM2gMatthew Charles - "Fix You" - Live at The Stonewall InnStonewall Sensation - Season 15Originally written and performed by Coldplay
mirage Posted February 21, 2017 at 08:35 AM Posted February 21, 2017 at 08:35 AM Now only change the team who decides what will be a single or not... Quote
maria_k Posted February 21, 2017 at 09:00 AM Posted February 21, 2017 at 09:00 AM Haven't seen this one yet:https://youtu.be/y7M9WnatOWMThanks for sharing ‘moves like Jagger’ sounds so good! She has so much colors in her voice and yet she likes to play with her granny/bedroom voice, why oh why 2 Quote
angelil78 Posted February 21, 2017 at 11:41 AM Posted February 21, 2017 at 11:41 AM The Quebec media is saying that she doesn't listen to anyone after Renés passing, not even Aldo. She's also said that René gave her his 50% so now she's 100% and is in charge. I think that means that she's making most of the decisions. She's sitting in on the meetings.And in an interview broadcast in either December or January in french, she said that she was doing that interview because she wanted to. Nobody was telling her to do it. If she didn't want to do the interview, she wouldn't have. I think she's in complete control over what she wants to do now (except for Sony issues maybe). So for example, doing the red carpet at the grammys was because she wanted to do it, not Aldo telling her. 6 Quote
manu23 Posted February 21, 2017 at 12:48 PM Posted February 21, 2017 at 12:48 PM (edited) Trends and music styles come and go, what is trendy now could not be trendy next year, we have so many examples of artists that tried to be trendy at any cost (Britney, Christina, Mariah, to name a few) and their careers now are at a dead end. Rene was clever to give Celine a trademark, as Cher said once, Celine's voice doesn't need any distorsions or sound effects. Still they have tried to adapt to new times, LMBTL was a perfect single, in any other new artist that song would have been a hit. In any case, Celine being in charge could only bring good things, she will chose songs she really likes and she will put more passion on them, if she wants trendy sound that's great, but just because she likes it, not to remain trendy or relevant, that wouldn't work. And we all know she would have rejected MHWGO, and her status now would be at a very different stage if it wasn't for Rene good advice at that time Edited February 21, 2017 at 12:48 PM by manu23 4 Quote
celine4evauk Posted February 21, 2017 at 12:50 PM Posted February 21, 2017 at 12:50 PM Agree And may I add that considering René was the one who said that "A Song For You" was the best song in the TC album ( ), I'd say that René probably rejected many songs that Céline liked, and many others that Céline probably won't ever got to listen because René first discarded them... For instance, I'm not sure "Tu sauras" would have made it into EUS album with René... He was really conservative with the sound and style of her music. Just saying. But seriously, someone needs to be in the recording studio with some BIG banners with Beyoncé, Rihanna, Sia and now Maroon 5 faces on them and show them in the background to remind her what she sings all the time when she's doing interviews I'm really looking forward to what she has in store for the next new English album (hope it's not going in the Recovering line, though) ASFY is an exquisite song. Sometimes a simple song is unappreciated. 6 Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.