Popular Post celinemaniac07 Posted February 9, 2017 at 04:37 AM Popular Post Posted February 9, 2017 at 04:37 AM This is absolutely in no way confirmed or official. There are new rumors and speculation that Celine will not only tape the Bee Gees tv special on Tuesday but also is one of the selected performers for the Prince tribute. Very possibly Purple Rain. More details about the Tribute coming before the weekend. I really hope this turns out to be true! 8 Quote
jpatdeleon09 Posted February 9, 2017 at 08:42 AM Posted February 9, 2017 at 08:42 AM It would be great if Celine will sing the Purple Rain song for this tv special. Just remove the "...uh uh uh uh uh uh woah uh uh come on kevin!" http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/grammys/7685154/prince-george-michael-tributes-2017-grammy-awards 2 Quote
celinesounds Posted February 9, 2017 at 08:47 AM Posted February 9, 2017 at 08:47 AM didn't Madonna did this last year? 2 Quote #FREEJAVITO
browseceline Posted February 9, 2017 at 09:19 AM Posted February 9, 2017 at 09:19 AM Well i hope not. She should sing her own songs and as much many of us like this cover, there will be a lot of Prince fans that do not like her cover at all Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G901F met Tapatalk 4 Quote <iframe width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hl2XkxnYljg" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Popular Post Javito Posted February 9, 2017 at 09:53 AM Popular Post Posted February 9, 2017 at 09:53 AM Queen of covers and tributes, always. Meh. When is she coming with new music and particularly, defending it? 9 Quote "Hush, now... I see a light in the sky"
isurrender Posted February 9, 2017 at 10:18 AM Posted February 9, 2017 at 10:18 AM Well i hope not. She should sing her own songs and as much many of us like this cover, there will be a lot of Prince fans that do not like her cover at all Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G901F met Tapatalk Jez... if Céline should have cared about fans opinions, I guess she would have stopped doing covers some decades ago... 😉And I think it's pretty unfair : since Prince's death his songs have been covered so many times (including purple rain) by other celebrities and they all overcame fans'anger with worse renditions than Celine's one.And if I remember correctly, didn't Prince himself tweet about Céline's covers? Do you really think those random singers care about what we think when they cover Céline on those TV shows? Not at all. 1 Quote
DionFanAlways Posted February 9, 2017 at 10:55 AM Posted February 9, 2017 at 10:55 AM PR would be fantastic however I hope she doesn't do her "guitar" solo. I still don't like that part. 6 Quote I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
Ronny83 Posted February 9, 2017 at 11:37 AM Posted February 9, 2017 at 11:37 AM If she's appearing at The GRAMMYs I hope it's to premiere the Disney song. Not another tribute, please. 7 Quote The Celine Dion Italian fanbase - CelineDionItalia.com
manu23 Posted February 9, 2017 at 11:44 AM Posted February 9, 2017 at 11:44 AM Madonna's tribute at the Billboards last year was horrible, if this is true I hope she kills it! 5 Quote
celinesounds Posted February 9, 2017 at 12:21 PM Posted February 9, 2017 at 12:21 PM Queen of covers and tributes, always. Meh. When is she coming with new music and particularly, defending it? she did Recovering, like for Miracle 1 Quote #FREEJAVITO
scielle Posted February 9, 2017 at 12:45 PM Posted February 9, 2017 at 12:45 PM (edited) Jez... if Céline should have cared about fans opinions, I guess she would have stopped doing covers some decades ago... �� Well, not all her fans' opinions are alike.Some of us happen to prefer her covers to her originals and wish she did more. PR would be fantastic however I hope she doesn't do her "guitar" solo. I still don't like that part. IMHO that's actually the only thing that makes the song great. Other than that solo, I always found it pretty bland. Anyway, if there are tributes at this Sunday's awards, and if Celine is indeed involved (wouldn't surprise me, with Ken Ehrlich producing), I hope she does the Prince one rather than, say, George Michael. Or she could do Leonard, seeing as he was a fellow Montrealer. I always wished she'd sing more of his songs. (I still can't quite believe he's gone. Just re-read one of his books last week and he still seems so present. Sigh.) Edited February 9, 2017 at 12:52 PM by scielle 1 Quote
HushNow Posted February 9, 2017 at 12:57 PM Posted February 9, 2017 at 12:57 PM Well, not all her fans' opinions are alike.Some of us happen to prefer her covers to her originals and wish she did more. IMHO that's actually the only thing that makes the song great. Other than that solo, I always found it pretty bland. I hope the rumors are not true...Her fans seem to like to hear her sing those songs, but Prince's fans probably don't like to hear her sing it.And from ALL the big names I doubt if Celine is the right one that should perform the most iconic song(s) at this tribute.If they want her to participate it should be with other songs that are not as big or even better, with her own song Prince wrote for her 1 Quote
takeachance Posted February 9, 2017 at 01:11 PM Posted February 9, 2017 at 01:11 PM (edited) She sings purple rain insanely good though !! It's magnificent , no one could denie that , but ya , without the huge guitar solo ....... Not feeling it ...... Edited February 9, 2017 at 01:12 PM by takeachance 2 Quote http://i66.tinypic.com/2dk08jn.gifRIP Rene Angelil xx Sending Love and Prayers to Celine
DionFanAlways Posted February 9, 2017 at 01:56 PM Posted February 9, 2017 at 01:56 PM (edited) IMHO that's actually the only thing that makes the song great. Other than that solo, I always found it pretty blandI can understand your view. I think at times she goes too "jungle" sounding and even over powers Kavin. Edited February 9, 2017 at 01:57 PM by DionFanAlways Quote I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
stevo Posted February 9, 2017 at 02:00 PM Posted February 9, 2017 at 02:00 PM I just hope she doesn't do the Kookaburra 2 Quote
manu23 Posted February 9, 2017 at 02:11 PM Posted February 9, 2017 at 02:11 PM I rather have her singing a cover than not there at all, is not like she has a new English song out to promote. I hope the rumor is true, the world is ready for a new iconic tv performance like TSMGO or Hymne a l'amour 5 Quote
jpatdeleon09 Posted February 9, 2017 at 02:15 PM Posted February 9, 2017 at 02:15 PM (edited) OH MY GOD!! I Remember Prince wrote a song for Celine!!!!! WITH THIS TEAR!!! Maybe she should sing that? Edited February 9, 2017 at 02:15 PM by jpatdeleon09 3 Quote
binsk Posted February 9, 2017 at 03:07 PM Posted February 9, 2017 at 03:07 PM I've been thinking she might do it since she's already in la, but where have you heard the speculation? 1 Quote -RK
Celine-Express Posted February 9, 2017 at 03:43 PM Posted February 9, 2017 at 03:43 PM OH MY GOD!! I Remember Prince wrote a song for Celine!!!!! WITH THIS TEAR!!! Maybe she should sing that?A dream come true if it this! But I will very be surprised if Celine sing With This Tear 25 years later for almost one of first time? 2 Quote Encore un soir..Encore une heure..Encore une larme de bonheur..Un soir..
CelinesDIVO5 Posted February 9, 2017 at 05:00 PM Posted February 9, 2017 at 05:00 PM didn't Madonna did this last year? At the Billboard Awards. This would be the Grammy tribute to Prince. Quote https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PL54qnRGM2gMatthew Charles - "Fix You" - Live at The Stonewall InnStonewall Sensation - Season 15Originally written and performed by Coldplay
celinesounds Posted February 9, 2017 at 05:04 PM Posted February 9, 2017 at 05:04 PM At the Billboard Awards. This would be the Grammy tribute to Prince. thats true Quote #FREEJAVITO
A cause, A cause Posted February 9, 2017 at 07:47 PM Posted February 9, 2017 at 07:47 PM With This Tear would be a hard one for Celine to sing right now I imagine. I mean the subject matter is a little too close to home. Too dark. 1 Quote
joaofilho Posted February 9, 2017 at 10:16 PM Posted February 9, 2017 at 10:16 PM Nothing has been confirmed yet, but if it's true, I hope she sings Prince instead of Bee Gees. Quote
stevo Posted February 9, 2017 at 10:38 PM Posted February 9, 2017 at 10:38 PM Nothing has been confirmed yet, but if it's true, I hope she sings Prince instead of Bee Gees. It is confirmed that she is taking part in The Bee Gees special- it is not part of the Grammy awards, where the Prince Tribute will be, but a separate Special produced by the Grammys but recorded and aired later. 1 Quote
binsk Posted February 10, 2017 at 01:08 AM Posted February 10, 2017 at 01:08 AM There are pictures showing she will be at Grammys!! She is sitting next to Jason Derulo 2 Quote -RK
jpatdeleon09 Posted February 10, 2017 at 01:27 AM Posted February 10, 2017 at 01:27 AM Another exciting moment to wait! Quote
flutefreak Posted February 10, 2017 at 01:32 AM Posted February 10, 2017 at 01:32 AM Tmz website has the photo in question. Can't get it to post here. Quote
chy2j Posted February 10, 2017 at 01:55 AM Posted February 10, 2017 at 01:55 AM Yup saw in twitter as well Quote
scielle Posted February 10, 2017 at 02:02 AM Posted February 10, 2017 at 02:02 AM Don't know Jason Derulo, but Sia and Adele are both going to be just feet away. I look forward to the fangirling. 5 Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.