Jump to content

Céline at the GRAMMYs - Feb. 12th, 2017


Recommended Posts

Posted

I don't think Adele deliberately 'burned' or shunned Céline - maybe she does prefer Mariah. Just because Céline couldn't control herself and does what so few artists do- show respect and admiration for their peers- we just think Adele should be the same way back.

 

Maybe Adele didn't like how the whole Daniel Merriwether Water and a Flame disaster was handled - he's her mate (and they recorded the original together) so he probably bitched to her about Celine's management.

 

possibly but who knows hopefully something good will happen at the Grammy!!

btw u got my private message?

 

you know i was hoping Celine perform but we will see

Courage don't you dare fail me now!

post-129-1267909378_thumb.jpgpost-129-1303908160_thumb.jpg

Posted
It's a perfect moment for Céline to perform on stage singing Purple Rain and showing them her high note for this song. Like Bow Down B*tches, The Queen is back! Exciting! :))
  • Like 1
Posted (edited)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXrRL6KgRGI

 

Maybe she will present "Album of the Year". 20 years ago she won it for FIY :) .

 

This years nominations:

 

25 — Adele

Lemonade — Beyoncé

Purpose — Justin Bieber

Views — Drake

A Sailor's Guide To Earth — Sturgill Simpson

Edited by comingback
  • Like 1
Posted (edited)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXrRL6KgRGI

 

Maybe she will present "Album of the Year". 20 years ago she won it for FIY :) .

 

This years nominations:

 

25 — Adele

Lemonade — Beyoncé

Purpose — Justin Bieber

Views — Drake

A Sailor's Guide To Earth — Sturgill Simpson

 

:innocent: ADELE do you think there will be a kiss? you know in Madonna's style :-D I would love it :w00t:

 

http://static.celebuzz.com/uploads/2015/04/madonna-kiss-britney.jpg

Edited by celinesounds

#FREEJAVITO

 

Posted

:innocent: ADELE do you think there will be a kiss? you know in Madonna's style :-D I would love it :w00t:

 

http://static.celebuzz.com/uploads/2015/04/madonna-kiss-britney.jpg

:wtf: :wtf: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: Just no period!
  • Like 2
I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
Posted (edited)

Presenting is a big deal! She does not have to always perform. It's exposure in front of millions of people and keep's her in the eye...espeically when a new album comes out this year.

 

As Celine won two of the big categories and general fields over the years ( Record of the Year and Album of the Year) she should present one of these two!

 

I so hope she presents Record of the Year; because it will likely go to Adele's "Hello" and there will be a little fan moment. I can see Adele saying "I cannot bloody well believe Celine is handing me this award...." and Celine singing to her in the background LOL

 

One thing is for certain there WILL be picture moments. It will be epic.

Edited by Kyle_Jared
  • Like 3
Posted (edited)

She's sitting in front of Chance the Rapper :)

 

And as far as Album of the Year nominees go, neither Bieber nor Drake are attending, so there certainly won't be an all-Canadian moment if Celine were to present that one. Maybe an all-diva moment.

 

Too bad she's presenting. Lost opportunity. Think people would be pleasantly surprised by her Purple Rain cover.

Edited by scielle
  • Like 2
Posted

Presenting is a big deal! She does not have to always perform. It's exposure in front of millions of people and keep's her in the eye...espeically when a new album comes out this year.

 

As Celine won two of the big categories and general fields over the years ( Record of the Year and Album of the Year) she should present one of these two!

 

I so hope she presents Record of the Year; because it will likely go to Adele's "Hello" and there will be a little fan moment. I can see Adele saying "I cannot bloody well believe Celine is handing me this award...." and Celine singing to her in the background LOL

 

maybe not on the stage but totally see Adele tweeting something like that. I'm just glad she will finally see Celine in person, now that will be surprising if we won't hear anything nice from her, usually Adele is quite ready to give compliments to others if she likes them

 

As for Celine being only a presenter, maybe it's for the best, she won't feel stressed about the performance and will go there just to have some fun and fangirl about Sia

  • Like 3
Posted

What's the thing with Adele ?

 

I mean. .. she might have heard once Céline likes her ( I mean we -as fans- heard it so many times. ..) and she didn't answer back. And?

 

Shall we list all the people who had sweet words for her or wanted to sing with her and radio silence from her side?

 

 

Posted
I kind of like what Law has been putting her but then I kind of don't like what he puts her in. I'm hoping for simple elegance.
I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
Posted (edited)

Yeah, why so much resentment with Adele now? Or other artists for not corresponding Céline the same treatment she delivers just because she's nice?

 

Shall I remind that the only one here to blame for not performing a song on that stage (and I mean an original song, not the umpteenth cover) is Céline herself. It's nobody's fault but Céline for not being another original performer singing her last hit single on Sunday. It's been ages since Céline deprecates herself and her own work as an original performer.

 

In a way, she has paved the road too well during many years for this self-imposed alienation from the Grammys or from any chance to get any relevant music nomination or to perform her own songs. Harsh to say I know, but it's not less true :)

 

And don't tell me it's a matter of age or something about her generation. Madonna (again!) has been performing there her most recent singles until 2015, and she's 10 years older than Céline ;)

Edited by Javito
  • Like 2

post-6419-0-03966000-1556709612.jpg

 

"Hush, now... I see a light in the sky"

Posted

Yeah, why so much resentment with Adele now? Or other artists for not corresponding Céline the same treatment she delivers just because she's nice?

 

Shall I remind that the only one here to blame for not performing a song on that stage (and I mean an original song, not the umpteenth cover) is Céline herself. It's nobody's fault but Céline for not being another original performer singing her last hit single on Sunday. It's been ages since Céline deprecates herself and her own work as an original performer.

 

In a way, she has paved the road too well during many years for this self-imposed alienation from the Grammys or from any chance to get any relevant music nomination or to perform her own songs. Harsh to say I know, but it's not less true :)

 

I think in recent times they have changed that direction .... we will see with this new album! You can't say that her team have not made huge changes recently and it has done wonders for her career at this point..

 

It's easy to keep criticising on the past .... and yes you are right in a lot of ways.... but let's move on from that.... i am very happy how her career has changed recently... Could there be improvements? yes... but they are certainly going in the right direction...

 

I'm seeing old formulas going to dust and Celine doing many new things...

 

Can't wait to see how she will look Sunday!

 

Kev x

  • Like 6
Posted (edited)

Yeah, why so much resentment with Adele now? Or other artists for not corresponding Céline the same treatment she delivers just because she's nice?

 

Shall I remind that the only one here to blame for not performing a song on that stage (and I mean an original song, not the umpteenth cover) is Céline herself. It's nobody's fault but Céline for not being another original performer singing her last hit single on Sunday. It's been ages since Céline deprecates herself and her own work as an original performer.

 

In a way, she has paved the road too well during many years for this self-imposed alienation from the Grammys or from any chance to get any relevant music nomination or to perform her own songs. Harsh to say I know, but it's not less true :)

 

And don't tell me it's a matter of age or something about her generation. Madonna (again!) has been performing there her most recent singles until 2015, and she's 10 years older than Céline ;)

 

Is not anyone's "fault." Celine hasn't garnered nominations. That's not her fault. It's how the academy chose to vote. She didn't alienate herself from the Grammy's...she chose a different path for her career and most times she has a scheduling conflict due to Vegas. If she has had no career based reason to be at The Grammys, the academy still thinks of her and invites her to be part of this big night. The Grammys are no longer an obligation for her. There is still a lot of respect there for her.

Edited by CelinesDIVO5
  • Like 2

Matthew Charles - "Fix You" - Live at The Stonewall Inn

Stonewall Sensation - Season 15

Originally written and performed by Coldplay

Posted

Is not anyone's "fault." Celine hasn't garnered nominations. That's not her fault. It's how the academy chose to vote. She didn't alienate herself from the Grammy's...she chose a different path for her career and most times she has a scheduling conflict due to Vegas. If she has had no career based reason to be at The Grammys, the academy still thinks of her and invites her to be part of this big night. The Grammys are no longer an obligation for her. There is still a lot of respect there for her.

 

I acknowledge that. I was just referring to the fact that some fans seem to be missing a new performance of her on this edition, with comments like "shame!" "disappointed!" or "lost opportunity", :) I know too well that only the fact that she's been invited and she's even presenting an award is already an honour. But the reasons why she is not performing there one of her songs since ages ago are there too, and we know what those reasons are. Like you say, she decided to take a very different path for her career.

post-6419-0-03966000-1556709612.jpg

 

"Hush, now... I see a light in the sky"

Posted (edited)

 

 

I acknowledge that. I was just referring to the fact that some fans seem to be missing a new performance of her on this edition, with comments like "shame!" "disappointed!" or "lost opportunity", :) I know too well that only the fact that she's been invited and she's even presenting an award is already an honour. But the reasons why she is not performing there one of her songs since ages ago are there too, and we know what those reasons are. Like you say, she decided to take a very different path for her career.

 

A different, yet legendary and lucrative path. That's not a fault. Why should she sing one of her own original songs at The Grammys if it's old? If she has nothing to promote...which she doesnt, (People on this forum say she should perform the new song from BATB, but her team doesn't have the say on whether or not that's possible. Disney owns those rights). I would rather have her there to present or do a tribute than not at all. It keeps her name out there. That's just as important.

Edited by CelinesDIVO5
  • Like 2

Matthew Charles - "Fix You" - Live at The Stonewall Inn

Stonewall Sensation - Season 15

Originally written and performed by Coldplay

Posted
Who will style her? Law or Horth? I think she should go back to Horth
Posted
Annie is boring. Law is fresh and dresses Céline with passion in my opinion. This guy is ALWAYS traveling to see the lastest trends and always attending fashion shows. Annie Horth comes off to me as a "part time " stylist. I like the fact that Law is very social media savvy and keeps up posted. And I like the fact that he takes risks with color and design instead of the damn blazers Annie was obsessed with. I LOVE the fact that he sometimes travels with Céline and is always taking his job serious whether shes walking the street or on the stage. Yes he hasn't been perfect with some of his choices but good or bad he has had us talking which is more than Annie has done. She'll look amazing at the Grammys I know it!
  • Like 6
Posted (edited)

Oh my, someone isn't a fan of Celine, we should all hate her. :wacko:

Adele never said anything bad about Celine. And why should she say she loves Celine if she doesn't? A little honesty is fine sometimes, much better than Celine saying she's been a fan of Gwen Stefani since forever, probably not knowing two of her songs. I'm sure that if Celine presents Adele, Adele would say that it's a great honor to be given the award by Celine. And that's all that should matter!

Edited by justinecoria
  • Like 5
Posted

Celine is not performing a new song simply because she has none, if her new English album was to come out in March and the new single was out now she would definitely perform, as Madonna did in 2015 when her last album was coming out March 7. Celine usually performs more in awards shows that are held in October/November like the AMAs because she usually releases albums in November.

 

Anyone saying Celine doesn't perform her own original work has no clue, opinions are not facts.

 

Recovering:

 

Dion performed "Recovering" during the Stand Up to Cancer Live Event on 9 September 2016. The telecast aired on more than forty television networks and selected online outlets. It was broadcast live from the Music Center's Walt Disney Concert Hall in Los Angeles. She also performed it on The Ellen DeGeneres Show on 8 September 2016. The episode aired on 12 September 2016.

 

Loved Me Back To Life:

 

In Canada, Dion surprised the audience of her Celine... une seule fois concert in Quebec City on 27 July 2013 by singing "Loved Me Back to Life" live for the very first time. She also performed it on Le Banquier on 3 November 2013. In the United States, Dion performed the song on Jimmy Kimmel Live! on 6 September 2013, The Ellen DeGeneres Show on 11 September 2013, Late Night with Jimmy Fallon on 28 October 2013 and The View on 30 October 2013. Additionally, she gave an intimate club performance at the Edison Ballroom in New York City on 29 October 2013 which was broadcast on 1 November 2013 on QVC.

 

Later, she visited Europe. Dion performed "Loved Me Back to Life" on Wetten, dass..? in Germany on 9 November 2013, The X Factor in the United Kingdom on 10 November 2013 and C'est votre vie in France on 16 November 2013. In France, Dion performed "Loved Me Back to Life" on Les chansons d'abord on 1 December 2013, Vivement Dimanche on 8 December 2013, Les disques d'Or on 18 December 2013 and Ce soir on chante on 3 January 2014.

 

She returned to the United States in mid-December 2013 and sang "Loved Me Back to Life" on 18 December 2013 during the CBS 15th annual A Home for the Holidays television special that celebrates the joy of adoption by sharing stories of adoption from foster care in order to raise awareness for the cause. On 30 December 2013, Dion officially added "Loved Me Back to Life" to the set list of her Las Vegas show, Celine. The performance from this day was recorded and broadcast on 31 December 2013 as part of the ET Canada's New Year's Eve at Niagara Falls.

 

Dion started promoting her album in the United States. On 28 October 2013, she performed "Somebody Loves Somebody" and "Water and a Flame" on The Today Show.

 

She also recorded a performance of "Breakaway" for another UK show, Strictly Come Dancing which was broadcast on 15 December 2013.

 

Dion also performed "Loved Me Back to Life", "At Seventeen" and her older hits on C'est votre vie in France on 16 November 2013.

 

Dion returned to the United States in mid-December 2013 and performed "Incredible" with Ne-Yo during the grand finale of The Voice on 17 December 2013. The next day, she sang "Loved Me Back to Life", "Incredible" with Ne-Yo and "Didn't Know Love" during the CBS 15th annual A Home for the Holidays television special that celebrates the joy of adoption by sharing stories of adoption from foster care in order to raise awareness for the cause.

 

 

Taking Chances:

 

Dion visited the United Kingdom in late October 2007 and started promoting the album by singing "Taking Chances" on The X Factor on 27 October 2007.[10] Later, she performed "Alone" and "Taking Chances" on Saturday Night Divas broadcast on 3 November 2007. Dion also filmed An Audience with Celine Dion which was broadcast on 22 December 2007 and performed "Taking Chances", "Eyes on Me", "Alone" and few of her previous hits.

 

Next, Dion visited France and sang "Taking Chances" on Star Academy on 2 November 2007.She also filmed performances of "Taking Chances" for two other French television shows, Hit Machine and Vivement Dimanche, which were broadcast on 1 December 2007 and 9 December 2007 respectively. On 4 November 2007, Dion flew to Monaco where she received the Legend Award at the World Music Awards and sang "Taking Chances". This performance was shown on television on 22 November 2007. On 7 November 2007, Dion visited Italy and performed "Taking Chances" and "I Knew I Loved You" on Domenica In, which was broadcast four days later. On 10 November 2007, she flew to Germany and sang "Taking Chances" on Wetten, dass..?

 

The promotion in the United States started on 12 November 2007, when The Oprah Winfrey Show dedicated to Dion was broadcast on television. Dion filmed it before her visit to the United Kingdom and performed "Taking Chances", "Alone". On 14 November 2007, Dion performed three songs on the Today, including "Taking Chances", "Alone" and "I Drove All Night". On the same day, The Ellen DeGeneres Show featuring Dion was broadcast and included performances of "Taking Chances" and "Because You Loved Me". Dion also sang "Taking Chances" at the American Music Awards on 18 November 2007 and on All My Children on 21 November 2007. On 23 November 2007, she performed "Taking Chances", "Alone" and "Because You Loved Me" on The Early Show and "Taking Chances" and "Alone" on The View. On 27 November 2007, Dion sang "Taking Chances" and "My Heart Will Go On" on the finale of Dancing with the Stars. The next day, she performed "Taking Chances", "Alone" and "The Christmas Song" at the Annual NYC Tree Lighting Ceremony. On 21 December 2007, two performances filmed during one of the last A New Day... concerts were shown on Larry King Live: "Taking Chances" and "The Christmas Song".

 

In late January 2008, Dion returned to France. On 25 January 2008, she appeared on Star Academy finale and sang "Alone" and two of her French-language hits with the contestants. The next day, Dion performed "Taking Chances" at the NRJ Music Awards where she received the NRJ Award of Honor. Before her second visit to France, Dion filmed That's Just the Woman in Me television special for the United States and Canada, which was broadcast on 15 February 2008. She sang "Taking Chances", "Alone", "Eyes on Me" Remix featuring will.i.am, "That's Just the Woman in Me", and also "Something" with Joe Walsh on guitar.

 

Now bring me any other artists not at their prime (or even at their prime) that present their new work to the public as much as Celine does.

  • Like 1
Posted

and also let's not forget February 14.2017

CÉLINE DION WILL PAY TRIBUTE TO THE BEE GEES!

The live concert taping will be held Tuesday, February 14, 2017, at Microsoft Theater in Los Angeles.

And will broadcast on the CBS Television Network later this year.

 

And Celine, She really needs new things

new songs live broadcasts, including the Grammy, Billboard, American Awards

and so on . ...... New clips new real fresh music fresh songs . .....

  • Like 1
Posted (edited)

I am quite possibly the only one who never bought the admiration of Celine for Adele. Main reason is that Celine has never seemed genuine while talking about her. I do believe that she enjoys her music, but IMO what triggers her constant public praisings is the commercial success of Adele. With LMBTL it became obvious that Celine attempted to apply to an audience which loved Adele, and I think her positive remarks were supposed to add to this appeal. If this is the case and my assumption is right, then the behaviour of Adele is rather rational. She is being silent because she understood the game: an exaggerated fascination simply because she was viewed as a tool for Celine to sell more records.

 

Just my two cents, do not hate me for this post. :mf_hide:

Edited by LukeD
  • Like 6
Posted

I really hope that next year she will do less shows in Vegas.

So she can do other things as well, or maybe just do nothing she deserves that too.

But I think a lot of amazing opportunities and invites to shows were not able because of Vegas.

 

Remeber they want her for The Voice? Not discussing she has to do, or if it will be a great choice. But I guess that's not the only thing that wants Celine

 

 

 

I acknowledge that. I was just referring to the fact that some fans seem to be missing a new performance of her on this edition, with comments like "shame!" "disappointed!" or "lost opportunity", :) I know too well that only the fact that she's been invited and she's even presenting an award is already an honour. But the reasons why she is not performing there one of her songs since ages ago are there too, and we know what those reasons are. Like you say, she decided to take a very different path for her career.

  • Like 2
Posted

I am quite possibly the only one who never bought the admiration of Celine for Adele. Main reason is that Celine has never seemed genuine while talking about her. I do believe that she enjoys her music, but IMO what triggers her constant public praisings is the commercial success of Adele. With LMBTL it became obvious that Celine attempted to apply to an audience which loved Adele, and I think her positive remarks were supposed to add to this appeal. If this is the case and my assumption is right, then the behaviour of Adele is rather rational. She is being silent because she understood the game: an exaggerated fascination simply because she was viewed as a tool for Celine to sell more records.

 

Just my two cents, do not hate me for this post. :mf_hide:

 

I'm kinda with you in that Luke- whether it really was or not, it just appeared too keen, too over the top...Céline is a goofball and out of any current artist, Adele is the most 'modern day Céline' so she no doubt felt a connection...

 

I'm still eager to see a moment at the Grammys!

  • Like 3
Posted (edited)

Anyone saying Celine doesn't perform her own original work has no clue, opinions are not facts.

 

 

For allusions, I was clearly speaking about THIS music awards and such big events where either she performs or is invited to present an award, not her own concerts or shows ;)

 

I Knew I Loved You (Tribute song to Ennio Morricone) - Oscars 2007

At Seventeen - Grammy Nominations 2008

Earth Song (Tribute to Michael Jackson) - Grammys 2010

Smile (Nat King Cole song) - Oscars Annual Memorial Tribute 2011

River Deep Mountain High AND Ne me quitte pas -both are covers- Bambi Awards 2012

Presenter at the Billboards 2013

Presenter at the Billboards 2015

Hymne à l'amour - American Music Awards 2015

The Show Must Go On - Billboards 2016

Presenter at Grammys 2017

Tribute to Bee Gees - Grammys Special Tribute 2017

 

Not even when she has the rare chance to perform twice on the same night, yet she picks not only one but TWO covers :wtf: :innocent:

 

So this reflects almost 10 years not performing a single original song from her own work dear. Do we continue? Thanks for your "Anyone saying Celine doesn't perform her own original work has no clue". Coming from you that must be a compliment now.

Edited by Javito
  • Like 2

post-6419-0-03966000-1556709612.jpg

 

"Hush, now... I see a light in the sky"

Posted (edited)

Let's be friends!

 

What about Taking Chances at the American Music Awards? And don't say it's a cover, her version was the main release.

Edited by stevo
  • Like 3
Posted

 

 

For allusions, I was clearly speaking about THIS music awards and such big events where either she performs or is invited to present an award, not her own concerts or shows ;)

 

I Knew I Loved You (Tribute song to Ennio Morricone) - Oscars 2007

At Seventeen - Grammy Nominations 2008

Earth Song (Tribute to Michael Jackson) - Grammys 2010

Smile (Nat King Cole song) - Oscars Annual Memorial Tribute 2011

River Deep Mountain High AND Ne me quitte pas -both are covers- Bambi Awards 2012

Presenter at the Billboards 2013

Presenter at the Billboards 2015

Hymne à l'amour - American Music Awards 2015

The Show Must Go On - Billboards 2016

Presenter at Grammys 2017

Tribute to Bee Gees - Grammys Special Tribute 2017

 

Not even when she has the rare chance to perform twice on the same night, yet she picks not only one but TWO covers :wtf: :innocent:

 

So this reflects almost 10 years not performing a single original song from her own work dear. Do we continue? Thanks for your "Anyone saying Celine doesn't perform her own original work has no clue". Coming from you that must be a compliment now.

 

I would technically say that IKILY is original, as Ennio Morricone specifically wrote the lyrics so that Celine could sing it.

  • Like 1

Matthew Charles - "Fix You" - Live at The Stonewall Inn

Stonewall Sensation - Season 15

Originally written and performed by Coldplay

Posted
Javito you forgot to add the tribute of Frank S when she sang ALL THE WAY (I think in 2014),
  • Like 2

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...