Critiaslux Posted September 4, 2016 at 07:50 AM Posted September 4, 2016 at 07:50 AM Regarding the album, I think I would not worry too much if it is only #2 or #3 on itunes. The vast majority of her sales comes from the physical sales so even if she does not top the digital chart EUS may top the overall album chart. 2 Quote
isurrender Posted September 4, 2016 at 07:53 AM Posted September 4, 2016 at 07:53 AM No, I'm sorry. I know that Worlds Apart, The Fugees, Ace of Base and even Céline Dion had a better first week than EUS. Wrong. Quote
Balao Posted September 4, 2016 at 08:29 AM Posted September 4, 2016 at 08:29 AM Wrong. OK. Show your facts. Quote
Popular Post Moleque20 Posted September 4, 2016 at 09:37 AM Popular Post Posted September 4, 2016 at 09:37 AM Both album and single are # 1 on the french itunes. The order has been restored. 8 Quote Les étoiles tombent une à une. Mes émois sont de saturne.
Peppercorn1991 Posted September 4, 2016 at 10:17 AM Posted September 4, 2016 at 10:17 AM Both album and single are # 1 on the french itunes. The order has been restored. Love this! Kev x 2 Quote
encoreunsoir Posted September 4, 2016 at 10:43 AM Posted September 4, 2016 at 10:43 AM I just saw the album is No 1 first week on the Swiss chart as wellhttp://hitparade.ch/charts/number-1/2016 5 Quote
max24 Posted September 4, 2016 at 11:21 AM Posted September 4, 2016 at 11:21 AM I just saw the album is No 1 first week on the Swiss chart as wellhttp://hitparade.ch/...s/number-1/2016Great!Especially that she was #2 on iTunes the whole week Physical sales must heave been huge 2 Quote
dodobird Posted September 4, 2016 at 12:32 PM Posted September 4, 2016 at 12:32 PM Here's another one about French sales : http://www.lapresse.ca/arts/musique/201609/03/01-5016963-celine-dion-etablit-une-nouvelle-marque-en-france.php 3 Quote
Balao Posted September 4, 2016 at 01:52 PM Posted September 4, 2016 at 01:52 PM Here's another one about French sales : http://www.lapresse....e-en-france.php Yes, but the article is wrong. Renaud is not the all-time best first week since Johnny Hallyday did better with "A la vie, à la mort" (a double album). And many artists did better in the 20th century. Quote
IL_DINO Posted September 4, 2016 at 02:13 PM Posted September 4, 2016 at 02:13 PM NO 1 in Switzerland - we have a better taste than many people think:-)Her first FRENCH No-1-Album in CH in this millennium; last french No 1 was 1999 - "au coeur du stade" (the last english one was "taking chances" 2007).LG Stefan 4 Quote
mike_z Posted September 4, 2016 at 02:40 PM Posted September 4, 2016 at 02:40 PM Amazing for Switzerland!!!! 1 Quote
Peppercorn1991 Posted September 4, 2016 at 03:18 PM Posted September 4, 2016 at 03:18 PM What time do Canada release figures? Kev x Quote
manilou Posted September 4, 2016 at 04:31 PM Posted September 4, 2016 at 04:31 PM (edited) Wrong. So the fact that these three are ALL in the 21st century with 2 this year does not surprise you? When the music industry has basically disappeared in the last 10-15 years? And you really think EUS had a better opening week than S'il suffisait d'aimer? With Celine at the height of her career , the Titanic craze AND it being her first French album after D'eux the best selling album ever in France? Get real, hon! Edited September 4, 2016 at 04:31 PM by manilou 2 Quote http://s03.flagcounter.com/count/idbH/bg=FFFFFF/txt=000000/border=CCCCCC/columns=6/maxflags=248/viewers=3/labels=0/.jpg
isurrender Posted September 4, 2016 at 05:40 PM Posted September 4, 2016 at 05:40 PM So the fact that these three are ALL in the 21st century with 2 this year does not surprise you? When the music industry has basically disappeared in the last 10-15 years? And you really think EUS had a better opening week than S'il suffisait d'aimer? With Celine at the height of her career , the Titanic craze AND it being her first French album after D'eux the best selling album ever in France? Get real, hon! There's absolutely no official numbers about opening sales before 2001 in France. So coming here writing "there were more who did better in the 20th" is wrong. There's a website called www.chartsinfrance.com ( in french) and all the "chart experts" agree with the fact that opening sales were lower. You should get real actually ! Big opening sales are only a current movement in our society where everything has to go faster. Before there were strong legs.Same goes for the States... LTAL "only"sold 334.000 copies in first week and it followed a multi -million seller. Big opening sales doesn't mean anything about sales or music industry. It only gives us a vision about how our habits get changed. Look @ Drake's album : 1 million copies sold in first week ... not even 1,5 million 4 months later. Everybody can think whatever he wants... but I repeat : there's no number proving some album sold more in the 90s in first week. 2 Quote
Moleque20 Posted September 4, 2016 at 06:10 PM Posted September 4, 2016 at 06:10 PM The album and the single are really successful. We are happy, happy, happy. Period. 6 Quote Les étoiles tombent une à une. Mes émois sont de saturne.
manilou Posted September 4, 2016 at 06:49 PM Posted September 4, 2016 at 06:49 PM There's absolutely no official numbers about opening sales before 2001 in France. So coming here writing "there were more who did better in the 20th" is wrong. There's a website called www.chartsinfrance.com ( in french) and all the "chart experts" agree with the fact that opening sales were lower. You should get real actually ! Big opening sales are only a current movement in our society where everything has to go faster. Before there were strong legs.Same goes for the States... LTAL "only"sold 334.000 copies in first week and it followed a multi -million seller. Big opening sales doesn't mean anything about sales or music industry. It only gives us a vision about how our habits get changed.Look @ Drake's album : 1 million copies sold in first week ... not even 1,5 million 4 months later. Everybody can think whatever he wants... but I repeat : there's no number proving some album sold more in the 90s in first week. You can neither prove nor disprove it. Your argument goes both ways. So telling him that he is "wrong" is at the very least a long strech... btw. I speak French too... 1 Quote http://s03.flagcounter.com/count/idbH/bg=FFFFFF/txt=000000/border=CCCCCC/columns=6/maxflags=248/viewers=3/labels=0/.jpg
Jeffieboi Posted September 4, 2016 at 09:06 PM Posted September 4, 2016 at 09:06 PM (edited) One again as usual, some dingbat has to make a thread about how the album is selling. This shouldn't matter to anybody. What matters is how we as fans feel about the album. Why on Earth would you care about how it's charting? I just want one example as to how it affects your life. No offense, but it seems a lot of people here have a lot of growing up to do, if you actually care about the charting of an album. You know what I care about? Being able to make sure I still have a job, and making sure that I'm doing everything I can to make sure I keep my job, and even get promoted. The fact that this thread is even considered a huge deal, just shows how backwards some of our priorities are. All that should matter is how you personally felt about this album. Why would you POSSIBLY care what other people think. I though we were all adults here, but apparently not. I understand the reason for the topic itself, but some of you are getting very weird an defensive...to such a huge degree...that it's making you look like weird people. Edited September 4, 2016 at 09:08 PM by Jeffieboi 2 Quote
Brady Posted September 4, 2016 at 09:20 PM Posted September 4, 2016 at 09:20 PM One again as usual, some dingbat has to make a thread about how the album is selling. This shouldn't matter to anybody. What matters is how we as fans feel about the album. Why on Earth would you care about how it's charting? I just want one example as to how it affects your life. No offense, but it seems a lot of people here have a lot of growing up to do, if you actually care about the charting of an album. You know what I care about? Being able to make sure I still have a job, and making sure that I'm doing everything I can to make sure I keep my job, and even get promoted. The fact that this thread is even considered a huge deal, just shows how backwards some of our priorities are. All that should matter is how you personally felt about this album. Why would you POSSIBLY care what other people think. I though we were all adults here, but apparently not. I understand the reason for the topic itself, but some of you are getting very weird an defensive...to such a huge degree...that it's making you look like weird people. This thread is about celebrating the accomplishments of an artist who has been making music for 30+ years. It's quite impressive to see numbers like this and it should be celebrated! Celine has nothing to prove but it's gratifying to see that she still has relevancy and an impact on the music industry after all these years. This shows that she isn't some washed up Vegas act like many people assume. Don't be salty wtf.... 3 Quote
Angel2006 Posted September 4, 2016 at 09:23 PM Posted September 4, 2016 at 09:23 PM http://www.speakgif.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/x-files-the-truth-is-out-there-animated-gif.gif It appears to have been abducted by aliens. Breaking News. Like the stars in Canada, according to Nelson and Eddy the music video can be found on the ground. Start looking everyone. We may need glasses to find it. 1 Quote
Balao Posted September 4, 2016 at 09:51 PM Posted September 4, 2016 at 09:51 PM So the fact that these three are ALL in the 21st century with 2 this year does not surprise you? When the music industry has basically disappeared in the last 10-15 years? And you really think EUS had a better opening week than S'il suffisait d'aimer? With Celine at the height of her career , the Titanic craze AND it being her first French album after D'eux the best selling album ever in France? Get real, hon! I couldn't agree more. What you say is so true. For example, Kaoma sold 100 000 albums everyday ! Isurrender is right when he says that big opening week sales is a current trend. However, if there were no numbers before the end of the 90s, there were certifications such as gold records, platinum records, diamond records. So it is easy to check and see that Céline Dion's EUS is definitely not the best opening sales of all time. Quote
Katie Posted September 4, 2016 at 11:57 PM Posted September 4, 2016 at 11:57 PM I couldn't agree more. What you say is so true. For example, Kaoma sold 100 000 albums everyday ! Isurrender is right when he says that big opening week sales is a current trend.However, if there were no numbers before the end of the 90s, there were certifications such as gold records, platinum records, diamond records. So it is easy to check and see that Céline Dion's EUS is definitely not the best opening sales of all time. At its peak, D'eux sold up to 50K copies/day 1 Quote
manilou Posted September 5, 2016 at 12:16 AM Posted September 5, 2016 at 12:16 AM One again as usual, some dingbat has to make a thread about how the album is selling. This shouldn't matter to anybody. What matters is how we as fans feel about the album. Why on Earth would you care about how it's charting? I just want one example as to how it affects your life. No offense, but it seems a lot of people here have a lot of growing up to do, if you actually care about the charting of an album. You know what I care about? Being able to make sure I still have a job, and making sure that I'm doing everything I can to make sure I keep my job, and even get promoted. The fact that this thread is even considered a huge deal, just shows how backwards some of our priorities are. All that should matter is how you personally felt about this album. Why would you POSSIBLY care what other people think. I though we were all adults here, but apparently not. I understand the reason for the topic itself, but some of you are getting very weird an defensive...to such a huge degree...that it's making you look like weird people. So you are annoyed by other people caring about what people think. Don't you thus care about what other people think, when it annoys you that people think about other people's opinions? #friendsepisode 1 Quote http://s03.flagcounter.com/count/idbH/bg=FFFFFF/txt=000000/border=CCCCCC/columns=6/maxflags=248/viewers=3/labels=0/.jpg
Katie Posted September 5, 2016 at 12:29 AM Posted September 5, 2016 at 12:29 AM When are the Billboard and canadian charts released? 1 Quote
max24 Posted September 5, 2016 at 05:38 AM Posted September 5, 2016 at 05:38 AM (edited) When are the Billboard and canadian charts released?First info came out today.But its #1 and Top 10 in the US only.http://www.billboard...200-album-charthttp://www.billboard...00-albums-chart Hope we will get someting more today Edited September 5, 2016 at 05:38 AM by max24 1 Quote
max24 Posted September 5, 2016 at 05:58 AM Posted September 5, 2016 at 05:58 AM Note:The Billboard 200 chart ranks the most popular albums of the week in the U.S. based on multi-metric consumption, which includes traditional album sales, track equivalent albums (TEA) and streaming equivalent albums (SEA). Interesting figures in the US:#1 - Barbra Streisand - 149,000 equivalent album units (148,000 in traditional album sales,)#3 - Britney Spears - 111,000 equivalent album units (88,000 in traditional album sales,) Quote
Jeffieboi Posted September 5, 2016 at 06:23 AM Posted September 5, 2016 at 06:23 AM (edited) @ Brady I'm not salty. I actually agree with you! It's nice when things we enjoy are popular. I'm just saying, if people DON'T agree with what you enjoy....that's okay too. You don't always have to like what's popular. I just didn't want people to be upset by anything negative that was said. I guess I was ignorant in not considering the fact that people were also praising this album. I've just seen so much criticism in this thread. Someone actually complained about her debuting at #3 somewhere. Really? Third is bad? Anyway, I just don't like how some people here seem to care more about how successful an album is, as opposed to how much they personally enjoyed the album. Edited September 5, 2016 at 06:27 AM by Jeffieboi 1 Quote
max24 Posted September 5, 2016 at 06:42 AM Posted September 5, 2016 at 06:42 AM @ Brady I'm not salty. I actually agree with you! It's nice when things we enjoy are popular. I'm just saying, if people DON'T agree with what you enjoy....that's okay too. You don't always have to like what's popular. I just didn't want people to be upset by anything negative that was said. I guess I was ignorant in not considering the fact that people were also praising this album. I've just seen so much criticism in this thread. Someone actually complained about her debuting at #3 somewhere. Really? Third is bad? Anyway, I just don't like how some people here seem to care more about how successful an album is, as opposed to how much they personally enjoyed the album.This thread is about charts: "Encore Un Soir Official Chart Run Topic".So we talk here about charts, only.If you want to talk about the album (if you enjoy it or not), go to "New French album, "Encore Un Soir" - August 26th, 2016", please 4 Quote
Moleque20 Posted September 5, 2016 at 07:36 AM Posted September 5, 2016 at 07:36 AM Max, which countries do we expect today to release their charts? Quote Les étoiles tombent une à une. Mes émois sont de saturne.
Moleque20 Posted September 5, 2016 at 08:22 AM Posted September 5, 2016 at 08:22 AM Album: Encore un soir (compared to 24h ago) iTunes:#1 Belgium (=)#1 France (=)#1 Luxembourg (=)#2 Mauritius (+1)#5 Switzerland (+1)#6 Poland (-3)#7 Canada (=)#7 Mauritius (+17)#16 Hong Kong (-9)#17 Italy (+7)#20 Lebanon (-7)#23 Jordan (-8)#30 Egypt (-9)#31 Belarus (-17)#38 Germany (+26)#41 Singapore (NE)#42 Moldova (-10)#53 Moldova (-14)#58 Belgium (NE)#66 Latvia (-22)#66 Russia (+17)#71 Saudi Arabia (-14)#72 Slovenia (-27)#79 Oman (-15)#79 Qatar (-19)#80 Namibia (NE)#91 Austria (-60)#93 Hungary (+25)#119 Spain (NE)#122 Greece (+61)#123 Bulgaria (-43)#146 Czech Republic (-12)#155 Romania (NE)#156 United Arab Emirates (-34)#160 Netherlands (NE)#175 Costa Rica (-40)#194 Cyprus (-47) 1 Quote Les étoiles tombent une à une. Mes émois sont de saturne.
max24 Posted September 5, 2016 at 08:26 AM Posted September 5, 2016 at 08:26 AM Max, which countries do we expect today to release their charts?I hope we'll get Canada tonight Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.