CelineDionFreak Posted May 11, 2016 at 07:34 PM Posted May 11, 2016 at 07:34 PM Perhaps celine will give Madge a lesson in cape work! 😂You better keep your eyes on me, no matter what you think I need, no matter what you once believed...baby don't put on a shoooowwwwww 3 Quote I didn't know love until they loved me back to life because somebody loves somebody!Le temps qui compte pour Celine est maintenant!
powerofamor17 Posted May 11, 2016 at 08:36 PM Posted May 11, 2016 at 08:36 PM All of these other acts are reaching. Billboard clearly are building up Celine's performance. From that article to their promotion video. I don't doubt that Celine will be closing the show. It should be mandatory, it's the ICON award. But we'll see. Quote
Popular Post Davey84 Posted May 11, 2016 at 08:46 PM Popular Post Posted May 11, 2016 at 08:46 PM It'll irritate Madonna loads that Celine gets the icon award and she doesn't 12 Quote http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v75/daveyh84/incognito198701_zpsaaootxh1.jpgRick, ik hou van jou voor altijd!A New Day... has come 28/29 April & 2/3 May 07Antwerpen 13 et 14 mai,Paris 24 et 25 mai, Amsterdam 2 juinet Arras 7 juillet Chances Taken!!!How Do You Keep The Music Playing? - Celine Opening Night March 15th, March 16th
Timster Posted May 11, 2016 at 08:47 PM Posted May 11, 2016 at 08:47 PM All of these other acts are reaching. Billboard clearly are building up Celine's performance. From that article to their promotion video. I don't doubt that Celine will be closing the show. It should be mandatory, it's the ICON award. But we'll see. I hope Celine doesn't close the show, we don't want people switching off!!! 4 Quote
Popular Post Shamrock_1982 Posted May 11, 2016 at 08:56 PM Popular Post Posted May 11, 2016 at 08:56 PM Madge is on a downward spiral these days... Any excuse for press in the last few months... Desperate, tacky, sad and simply pathetic! She's really there to watch Celine a real legend and to take notes... New reinvention coming soon... Lol 9 Quote
Nmj Posted May 11, 2016 at 09:19 PM Posted May 11, 2016 at 09:19 PM I don't think Celine will close the show. They usually end with Entertainer of the year or a such award. When Celine presented the award to Taylor Swift in the Gold Dress it was the very last award of the night. Part of me hopes that while she's there she also presents an award. Quote
stevo Posted May 11, 2016 at 09:52 PM Posted May 11, 2016 at 09:52 PM Madonna will not steal Celine's Thunder at all. It'll be mutual and I hope there's another photo moment. I'm looking forward to this!!! 6 Quote
manu23 Posted May 11, 2016 at 10:00 PM Posted May 11, 2016 at 10:00 PM Who cares about Madonna in USA? Britney could steal some attention if her song is good, but not Madonna 3 Quote
LukeD Posted May 11, 2016 at 10:59 PM Posted May 11, 2016 at 10:59 PM I think Madonna is cool with Celine. It is not like Mariah gets the award. I believe we are going to see her applaud Celine and maybe in a genuine way. 2 Quote
artistman2007 Posted May 11, 2016 at 11:08 PM Posted May 11, 2016 at 11:08 PM I just hope for no cable mic ,i hate it and dont know why 2 Quote
Nmj Posted May 11, 2016 at 11:11 PM Posted May 11, 2016 at 11:11 PM I just hope for no cable mic ,i hate it and dont know why Lol I agree with this so much! I HATE the corded mic, maybe I must see a Doctor because I don't even know why it irritates me so much but it does. 2 Quote
Del Posted May 11, 2016 at 11:43 PM Posted May 11, 2016 at 11:43 PM I saw a commercial for the billboard awards on CTV this evening and it mentioned a list of artists, what is found interesting was that there was no mention of Celine or the icon award. You'd think a Canadian network would promote a Canadian artist. 1 Quote Instagram: @delphis78
flutefreak Posted May 11, 2016 at 11:50 PM Posted May 11, 2016 at 11:50 PM I saw a commercial for the billboard awards on CTV this evening and it mentioned a list of artists, what is found interesting was that there was no mention of Celine or the icon award. You'd think a Canadian network would promote a Canadian artist. I saw one last night in US and no mention of Celine either. I don't think Madonna will steal Celine's thunder, they seem cool with each other. Not a huge fan but happy to see some older artists getting some attention. I think it's all good. Cannot wait for this! 1 Quote
Nmj Posted May 12, 2016 at 12:04 AM Posted May 12, 2016 at 12:04 AM (edited) I saw one last night in US and no mention of Celine either. I don't think Madonna will steal Celine's thunder, they seem cool with each other. Not a huge fan but happy to see some older artists getting some attention. I think it's all good. Cannot wait for this! That's funny because all the commercials I've seen here in the US they say.. Performance by Icon Reciepient CELINE DION and show the new Alix Malixa B&W photo. Edited May 12, 2016 at 12:04 AM by Nmj 1 Quote
Kyle_Jared Posted May 12, 2016 at 12:28 AM Posted May 12, 2016 at 12:28 AM I wonder who is going to present the ICON Award to Celine? What music friends does she have? I can see David Foster presenting it. Although I'd love to see someone like Beyonce present her the award....after all she was a 'guest' on Celine's own CBS television special in 2002 1 Quote
Nmj Posted May 12, 2016 at 12:33 AM Posted May 12, 2016 at 12:33 AM I wonder who is going to present the ICON Award to Celine? What music friends does she have? I can see David Foster presenting it. Although I'd love to see someone like Beyonce present her the award....after all she was a 'guest' on Celine's own CBS television special in 2002 I don't think Billboard cares who is her music friends are. They will most likely just assign someone that task. In my opinion if you are a presenter at Billboard Music Awards this year, this is the ultimate assignment to present Celine an Icon Award. I think it could be a younger female singer like Taylor Swift or Ariana Grande, just a hunch. But yeah Beyoncé would be great! Quote
nuts2you Posted May 12, 2016 at 12:52 AM Posted May 12, 2016 at 12:52 AM For this night we as fans ,We will be proud of her for sure, She can surely THANK HER FANS FOR THIS 1 Quote
nuts2you Posted May 12, 2016 at 12:54 AM Posted May 12, 2016 at 12:54 AM As for presenting this award to her , I would like to see it be Madonna 2 Quote
nuts2you Posted May 12, 2016 at 01:05 AM Posted May 12, 2016 at 01:05 AM http://www.billboard.com/articles/business/7358123/rob-prinz-icm-partners-co-head-of-worldwide-concerts-from-the-desk-of this sounds interesting read 2 Quote
DionFanAlways Posted May 12, 2016 at 01:19 AM Posted May 12, 2016 at 01:19 AM (edited) As for presenting this award to her , I would like to see it be MadonnaAw very devious! What a shocker:https://youtu.be/67l3LK4Q6i8 Edited May 12, 2016 at 01:22 AM by DionFanAlways 2 Quote I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
Alex_Incognito Posted May 12, 2016 at 01:20 AM Posted May 12, 2016 at 01:20 AM Madge is on a downward spiral these days... Any excuse for press in the last few months... Desperate, tacky, sad and simply pathetic! Bull s***. Apples and oranges. Madonna is the best at what she does. She's dynamic, a true artist, and pays attention to details. When it's about her career she gives it her all. She also sold out her whole Rebel Heart tour to give an answer to the other one who said no one cares about her in the US. There's room for two icons at this award show. In fact, I can't remember when the last time was I wanted to see an awards show because my two faves are performing. 5 Quote "People pay 20-25 dollars to see you."- Céline Dion, 1990
DionFanAlways Posted May 12, 2016 at 01:24 AM Posted May 12, 2016 at 01:24 AM Bull s***. Apples and oranges. Madonna is the best at what she does. She's dynamic, a true artist, and pays attention to details. When it's about her career she gives it her all. She also sold out her whole Rebel Heart tour to give an answer to the other one who said no one cares about her in the US. There's room for two icons at this award show. In fact, I can't remember when the last time was I wanted to see an awards show because my two faves are performing.I agree. I definitely would have thought Madonna would have received the award before JLo at least. 3 Quote I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
Nmj Posted May 12, 2016 at 01:33 AM Posted May 12, 2016 at 01:33 AM Bull s***. Apples and oranges. Madonna is the best at what she does. She's dynamic, a true artist, and pays attention to details. When it's about her career she gives it her all. She also sold out her whole Rebel Heart tour to give an answer to the other one who said no one cares about her in the US. There's room for two icons at this award show. In fact, I can't remember when the last time was I wanted to see an awards show because my two faves are performing. I just want to know if they would say nobody cares about ... Stresiand or Bennett as well. LEGENDS/ ICONS come in different styles and genres but people should at least respect their talent. Would I see Madonna in concert? , probably not. But would I say she's an Icon/ Living Lengend and one of the very best at her art? Absolutely. 3 Quote
LukeD Posted May 12, 2016 at 04:22 AM Posted May 12, 2016 at 04:22 AM Now Madonna will be performing at the Billboard Awards, paying tribute to Prince Is she going to steal Celine's thunder? http://www.billboard...rd-music-awardsNot Madonna. The Prince tribute might steal the thunder. 2 Quote
anewdayhascome Posted May 12, 2016 at 07:52 AM Posted May 12, 2016 at 07:52 AM Celine could do the Prince tribute too Quote A New Day... 10th & 11th November 2006 Taking Chances World Tour, Antwerp 13th & 14th May 2008, Kraków 28th June 2008 Celine 25th & 27th & 31st August 2013 20th, 23rd, 24th, 27th & 28th September 2016 Sans attendre Tour, Paris 1st & 5th December 2013 Encore un soir, Paris 24th, 25th, 28th, 29th June & 2nd, 3rd, 6th, 7th, 9th July 2016 Live 2017 Stockholm 17th June 2017 Lille 1st & 2nd July 2017 Paris 8th & 9th July 2017 Berlin 23rd & 24th July 2017 Live 2018 Taipei 11th & 13th July 2018 Manila 19th July 2018 Bangkok 23rd July 2018 BST Hyde Park London 5 July 2019
manu23 Posted May 12, 2016 at 08:05 AM Posted May 12, 2016 at 08:05 AM I didn't mean it that way, maybe I was a bit harsh, what I wanted to say is that Madonna is not at that stage where she goes to a show and the world stops just for her, specially in USA, she can surely sell out concerts (as Celine does) and surely her fans care, but unless she goes half naked or something I don't see the risk of she stealing any attention from Celine. 2 Quote
LukeD Posted May 12, 2016 at 09:31 AM Posted May 12, 2016 at 09:31 AM (edited) Good thing is Celine is not paying the tribute to Prince... she has done this many times for singers who passed away. This is all about her iconic voice and career. Edited May 12, 2016 at 09:32 AM by LukeD 7 Quote
stevo Posted May 12, 2016 at 11:00 AM Posted May 12, 2016 at 11:00 AM Yes- I agree- I don't want her to be the harbinger of death and gloom and remembrance. It's a compliment when she's asked to do it but it is a bit depressing. Madonna will boost the Billboard's prestige I think- you might not agree with how she dresses or acts but she is a legend. Undoubtedly! Hope they have another moment Quote
anewdayhascome Posted May 12, 2016 at 11:44 AM Posted May 12, 2016 at 11:44 AM Good thing is Celine is not paying the tribute to Prince... she has done this many times for singers who passed away. This is all about her iconic voice and career. yeah she is paying tribute to Queens and it's fine daaaaaaaaaaaaa Quote A New Day... 10th & 11th November 2006 Taking Chances World Tour, Antwerp 13th & 14th May 2008, Kraków 28th June 2008 Celine 25th & 27th & 31st August 2013 20th, 23rd, 24th, 27th & 28th September 2016 Sans attendre Tour, Paris 1st & 5th December 2013 Encore un soir, Paris 24th, 25th, 28th, 29th June & 2nd, 3rd, 6th, 7th, 9th July 2016 Live 2017 Stockholm 17th June 2017 Lille 1st & 2nd July 2017 Paris 8th & 9th July 2017 Berlin 23rd & 24th July 2017 Live 2018 Taipei 11th & 13th July 2018 Manila 19th July 2018 Bangkok 23rd July 2018 BST Hyde Park London 5 July 2019
Popular Post Davey84 Posted May 12, 2016 at 11:55 AM Popular Post Posted May 12, 2016 at 11:55 AM yeah she is paying tribute to Queens and it's fine daaaaaaaaaaaaa she is NOT paying a tribute to Queen. Just because she's singing their song, doesn't make it a tribute. This song choice is a tribute to HERSELF, to Rene, to her fans to the music industry! No matter what is going on, her show will go on! I get that you don't like she's singing a cover, but seriously, get over it! The show must go on, yeah The Show must go on I'll face it with a grin I'm never giving in On with the show I'll top the bill I'll overkill I have to find the will to carry on On with the On with the show 8 Quote http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v75/daveyh84/incognito198701_zpsaaootxh1.jpgRick, ik hou van jou voor altijd!A New Day... has come 28/29 April & 2/3 May 07Antwerpen 13 et 14 mai,Paris 24 et 25 mai, Amsterdam 2 juinet Arras 7 juillet Chances Taken!!!How Do You Keep The Music Playing? - Celine Opening Night March 15th, March 16th
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.