drove all night Posted May 19, 2016 at 02:20 AM Posted May 19, 2016 at 02:20 AM I am going to ask a question and then make a statement that not everyone may appreciate - I apologize ahead of time. I mean NO offence. Did Celine say anything about being with Rene when he died? In one of her interviews she said she lay down with Rene after he died and put a robe on him because he was "cold". I am a hospice social worker so I spend a lot of time with families at the bedside of their deceased loved one and that statement sounds like Rene passed away quietly in the night without anyone noticing because bodies stay warm for quite a while after death. Maybe he didn't die in her arms like they had hoped. God bless Rene and Celine. No, René didn't die in her arms. As she said he was found by a nurse in the morning. They assume that he died around 3.20 in the morning - which brought another deeper meaning to the song "Trois heures vingt" which they played @ the funeral.Céline didn't want to wake up René as she came home after the show and after he had taken his medication. The nurse found him lying on the floor and immidiately rushed to Céline. Quote
chocolatechip15 Posted May 19, 2016 at 03:05 AM Posted May 19, 2016 at 03:05 AM So touching. She is just made of love and strength. It's extraordinary. I was touched to hear her talk about the day before Rene's funeral, when she received visitors in the chapel. She said that, just as she told Rene Charles that speaking in the church would be the last time he could talk to his father -- for her, that day in the chapel was the last time she could be close to her husband to accept in his name the prayers, the wishes, the strength, the energy of the people . . And that video with the twins releasing the black balloons at the gravesite, saying, "I love you, Papa" . . . that was heart-wrenching. 6 Quote
imaswede78 Posted May 19, 2016 at 04:15 AM Posted May 19, 2016 at 04:15 AM No, René didn't die in her arms. As she said he was found by a nurse in the morning. They assume that he died around 3.20 in the morning - which brought another deeper meaning to the song "Trois heures vingt" which they played @ the funeral.Céline didn't want to wake up René as she came home after the show and after he had taken his medication.The nurse found him lying on the floor and immidiately rushed to Céline. Sigh... Quote
Kristinaz Posted May 19, 2016 at 04:28 AM Posted May 19, 2016 at 04:28 AM Bah...I missed it but just reading everything in here is too much for me already. I do hope someone uploads it. 2 Quote
ehild Posted May 19, 2016 at 04:29 AM Posted May 19, 2016 at 04:29 AM Not to sound morbid and I definitely don't mean to be disrespectful, but part of me wonders if he knew the end was near and he got out of bed trying to get to her? I would think if he had medicine, etc he would've been knocked out....which makes me wonder what may have woken up. 4 Quote ~Liz"Please don't make your career your life. Let it be your passion, let it bring you pleasure, but don't let it become your identity. You are so much more valuable than that." -Celine
kevincheung410 Posted May 19, 2016 at 07:09 AM Posted May 19, 2016 at 07:09 AM http://6.t.imgbox.com/CzEe8qcU.jpg http://0.t.imgbox.com/PZGSFLhd.jpg http://4.t.imgbox.com/fvEHgniz.jpg http://6.t.imgbox.com/VXCJp77L.jpg http://8.t.imgbox.com/pS5V8QlF.jpg http://3.t.imgbox.com/9UHzuubN.jpg http://6.t.imgbox.com/8dsxX5In.jpg http://0.t.imgbox.com/VqcEjgxH.jpg http://5.t.imgbox.com/EXEXDHQV.jpg http://8.t.imgbox.com/aohWXPLg.jpg http://2.t.imgbox.com/72tQyh55.jpg http://6.t.imgbox.com/6Q0j8gSP.jpg 2 Quote www.celinecn.com Youtube | Sohu
kevincheung410 Posted May 19, 2016 at 07:09 AM Posted May 19, 2016 at 07:09 AM http://8.t.imgbox.com/YqNneRLX.jpg http://2.t.imgbox.com/0V2blvZN.jpg http://6.t.imgbox.com/9nKBIXeI.jpg http://0.t.imgbox.com/sdBSqL19.jpg http://7.t.imgbox.com/shXhsVlE.jpg http://9.t.imgbox.com/q8EdBrhl.jpg http://6.t.imgbox.com/UBor2sQs.jpg http://9.t.imgbox.com/kMFtixGI.jpg http://5.t.imgbox.com/OCitcYeE.jpg http://0.t.imgbox.com/Px1o9okH.jpg http://3.t.imgbox.com/dskopb6C.jpg 4 Quote www.celinecn.com Youtube | Sohu
somaltseva Posted May 19, 2016 at 07:21 AM Posted May 19, 2016 at 07:21 AM http://8.t.imgbox.com/YqNneRLX.jpgThank you for the photos. Is there video to download? Quote
kevincheung410 Posted May 19, 2016 at 07:30 AM Posted May 19, 2016 at 07:30 AM Thank you for the photos. Is there video to download? nabbox.tv Quote www.celinecn.com Youtube | Sohu
Angel2006 Posted May 19, 2016 at 07:30 AM Posted May 19, 2016 at 07:30 AM Even though I couldn't understand a word Celine was saying, I could tell that Celine is so strong and so courageous. The way she carried herself throughout the entire interview made me so proud to be a fan. She looked and sounded so strong. It was nice to see her goofy side come out in the end of the interview, when she stepped onto the platform next to the interviewer in her 6 inch heels. Her outfit and entire look was amazing in my opinion! Quote
kevincheung410 Posted May 19, 2016 at 07:31 AM Posted May 19, 2016 at 07:31 AM (edited) [flash=640,390]http://player.youku.com/player.php/sid/XMTU3NjE3NTI1Ng==/v.swf (Credit to JeanGuy/Nabbox.tv) http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMTU3NjE3NTI1Ng==.htmlorhttp://my.tv.sohu.com/us/58439295/83872229.shtml Edited May 19, 2016 at 07:35 AM by kevincheung410 1 Quote www.celinecn.com Youtube | Sohu
Kristinaz Posted May 19, 2016 at 07:50 AM Posted May 19, 2016 at 07:50 AM Facebook linkhttps://www.facebook.com/111787318944627/videos/vb.111787318944627/876403165816368/?type=2&theater 2 Quote
DionFanAlways Posted May 19, 2016 at 10:06 AM Posted May 19, 2016 at 10:06 AM [media=640,390]http://player.youku....==/v.swf[/media] (Credit to JeanGuy/Nabbox.tv) http://v.youku.com/v...E3NTI1Ng==.htmlorhttp://my.tv.sohu.co.../83872229.shtmlThanks so much Quote I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
giannislyber Posted May 19, 2016 at 11:07 AM Posted May 19, 2016 at 11:07 AM (edited) The Red Heads shared the trailer of the upcoming interview for M6.https://www.facebook.com/lesredheads/videos/10154946356458228/ Edited May 19, 2016 at 11:20 AM by giannislyber Quote
scielle Posted May 19, 2016 at 11:11 AM Posted May 19, 2016 at 11:11 AM You can really sense Celine is much more involved now than she ever has been in deciding which direction she's going in artistically. Interesting that she picked up the phone and asked, nay, convinced JJG to writer her that song. And we know Rene use to read all the press while she wanted nothing to do with it. Well now it seems she's very aware.For instance, in the Paris Match interview she talks about how the press has been saying all these things about RC dyeing his hair blond, and how it was supposedly teenage rebellion, and she goes on to clarify that no, it was a hockey tournament thing and the entire team did it. (Which we knew, but point is in the past I doubt she'd be so aware about what's being said/ written out there).This is a good sign! On a separate note - surprised by how little commentary there is on here since these interviews aired! We had pages and pages about her hair and eyebrows when those first pics came out...what gives? 6 Quote
scielle Posted May 19, 2016 at 12:03 PM Posted May 19, 2016 at 12:03 PM (edited) This is just so sad...she lay there with him for several hours after...oy Javascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to viewClick here to view the Tweet Edited May 19, 2016 at 12:19 PM by scielle 1 Quote
mirage Posted May 19, 2016 at 12:35 PM Posted May 19, 2016 at 12:35 PM Sooo many pages... Where can I watch it, and is it already available for download here on the forum? Cant wait to see it with subtitles :-) 3 Quote
NicoNV Posted May 19, 2016 at 01:06 PM Posted May 19, 2016 at 01:06 PM Is the entire Paris Match article online? Or is the Paris Match article people have discussed just those few questions already posted? Quote
scielle Posted May 19, 2016 at 01:12 PM Posted May 19, 2016 at 01:12 PM Is the entire Paris Match article online? Or is the Paris Match article people have discussed just those few questions already posted? I bought the digital version (the full article is out now), but I think Red Heads on Facebook have a scan. 2 Quote
CelineDionFreak Posted May 19, 2016 at 01:17 PM Posted May 19, 2016 at 01:17 PM (edited) This is just so sad...she lay there with him for several hours after...oy Javascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to viewClick here to view the TweetThat is so sad. I can't tell what she is saying because she is so quiet there... But that's so sad. Maybe that was her final way of saying goodbye. I guess it made her feel better... It's just sad but it's life I suppose. Edited May 19, 2016 at 01:18 PM by CelineDionFreak Quote I didn't know love until they loved me back to life because somebody loves somebody!Le temps qui compte pour Celine est maintenant!
I Drove All Night! Posted May 19, 2016 at 01:26 PM Posted May 19, 2016 at 01:26 PM (edited) Delete. Edited May 19, 2016 at 01:26 PM by I Drove All Night! Quote
zuv Posted May 19, 2016 at 01:49 PM Posted May 19, 2016 at 01:49 PM Celine and Julie would not be such close friends after all...It was more a loyal relationship between René and Julie... http://www.journaldemontreal.com/2016/05/19/julie-et-celine--les-coulisses Quote
chocolatechip15 Posted May 19, 2016 at 03:04 PM Posted May 19, 2016 at 03:04 PM Celine and Julie would not be such close friends after all...It was more a loyal relationship between René and Julie... http://www.journaldemontreal.com/2016/05/19/julie-et-celine--les-coulisses I do think Rene & Julie were closer than Celine & Julie, but that article annoyed me. Relying on unnamed sources makes it seem like a gossip magazine, and there definitely was a real friendship between Celine and Julie going back 20 years. (Celine is the godmother to Julie's daughter! You don't do that for just anyone). Julie did many of the best interviews with Celine - a great combination of intimate and light-hearted, with many questions never before asked. Maybe Celine preferred an interview with someone she didn't know for this purpose - maybe it helped her stay calm and professional - but it's ridiculous to imply that Julie's interviews weren't intimate. I believe Julie is the *only* person Celine has ever spoken on camera to about the miscarriage of the third baby she was carrying with the twins, or about her feelings when Rene was falsely accused of sexual assault. I didn't think Marie Claude Barrette was a great interviewer. I felt very little emotional connection between her and Celine, and I thought Deborah Roberts was much more empathetic. I hope Aldo doesn't cut off the Julie interviews entirely. That would be a big loss. 4 Quote
NicoNV Posted May 19, 2016 at 03:09 PM Posted May 19, 2016 at 03:09 PM I bought the digital version (the full article is out now), but I think Red Heads on Facebook have a scan. Thanks! Because of you I found then bought the digital version. I will post a translation late tonight (but it will take a while because Google translate is okay, but I will need to look things up because Google translate is robotic and and not always correct and I want it to be accurate as possible). 5 Quote
yellowrose14 Posted May 19, 2016 at 05:43 PM Posted May 19, 2016 at 05:43 PM Here is a video from the Paris Match reporter if anyone could provide a translation: I understand a little French, but the speaker needs to be speaking really, really slow for me. Quote
Kristinaz Posted May 19, 2016 at 05:56 PM Posted May 19, 2016 at 05:56 PM (edited) [media=640,390]http://player.youku....==/v.swf[/media] (Credit to JeanGuy/Nabbox.tv) http://v.youku.com/v...E3NTI1Ng==.htmlorhttp://my.tv.sohu.co.../83872229.shtmlOk nvm couldn't get it to show me the whole interview but now it works. Edited May 19, 2016 at 06:03 PM by Kristinaz Quote
Ad3line Posted May 19, 2016 at 07:24 PM Posted May 19, 2016 at 07:24 PM Is the entire Paris Match article online? Or is the Paris Match article people have discussed just those few questions already posted? http://www.celinedionforum.com/topic/54395-celine-dion-pour-paris-match-18-mai-2016/?do=findComment&comment=2185984 1 Quote http://oi66.tinypic.com/2vwegcz.jpg
Peppercorn1991 Posted May 19, 2016 at 07:41 PM Posted May 19, 2016 at 07:41 PM Apparently 1.32 million watched the interview! If only they all buy her new single!! Kev x 2 Quote
dyusha Posted May 19, 2016 at 10:28 PM Posted May 19, 2016 at 10:28 PM Ok nvm couldn't get it to show me the whole interview but now it works.How did you get it to work? Quote I'll always be with you
nuts2you Posted May 19, 2016 at 11:16 PM Posted May 19, 2016 at 11:16 PM I always thought that they slept together , But I don't understand why she wasn't there with him all night after the show that night, , But thanks to everyone that gave us the translated , Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.