celinemaniac07 Posted March 11, 2015 at 04:56 PM Posted March 11, 2015 at 04:56 PM (edited) Well if anyone is going to replace Andre I will make a suggestion even though it would never happen. They should bring in another one of the worlds best guitar players..AL PITRELLI...he is the lead guitarist for Trans Siberian Orchestra and he has some amazing guitar skills..if they are looking to breathe fresh air into the show or with this new celine image...and only if Andre must go...then Mr. Pitrelli would be a fantastic replacement Edited March 11, 2015 at 05:02 PM by celinemaniac07 Quote
québecflower Posted March 11, 2015 at 05:04 PM Posted March 11, 2015 at 05:04 PM i think they already know who will replace Mego and that this guy may have some people he wants to bring with him, hence why they changed some musicians also. I'm pretty sure it will be Scott Price, who didn't want to talk about it. 4 Quote Plus qu'ailleurs , but now Si c'était à refaire , i still love tant de temps....
Javier_Natalio Posted March 11, 2015 at 05:05 PM Posted March 11, 2015 at 05:05 PM Assuming what was written on Celine's website is correct, I do wish some people would stop using the term "fired." The members of Celine's band who are no longer with her team were not fired. Their contracts were simply not renewed and/or extended. There is a HUGE difference between the two. It is not as if Celine finished singing "My Heart Will Go On" one night, and then brought Rene and Aldo into her dressing room to talk about firing her band members. No. What happened is these individuals' contracts are expiring on the 15th of this month, and they are not being asked back. That is not being fired. They knew (or the people that handle their contracts knew) this could happen. That is what an end date is. That is what contracts are all about. Could all of this been handled better? Possibly, but not only by TeamCeline. I agree with others who feel what Mego (whom I've never been all that impressed with, anyway) and Seb (a violinist who could never come close to performing "To Love You More" as passionately and energetic as Taro could) did was unprofessional. However, at the end of the day, life and Celine's music will go on in some form. As much as I am for dedramatizing the situation (some people really love overstating their disappointment, don't they?) I have to disagree with you. Over 28 years Mego must have had his contract renewed many times, to the point it (the contract) was assumed to be renewed automatically and resigning it was just a formality. Not asking these guys back is exactly firing them. 6 Quote
Del Posted March 11, 2015 at 05:09 PM Posted March 11, 2015 at 05:09 PM Maybe a few dancers, for songs like RDMH, IACBTMN, etc. I mean like 4. With her current stage, 4 dancers would be about all it could hold with the orchestra, Celine, and still look normal. I would love some more dramatics added to the show, but that's just my opinion. yes I would like them to bring in some dancers and change up the upbeat numbers. Maybe she'll axe RDMH? It has gotten so worn out and at least in Vegas, a bit sloppy. As much a I love RDMH it's time for a change. As fase as I'm concerned the entire Encore part of the show needs to be scrapped and overhauled. i think they already know who will replace Mego and that this guy may have some people he wants to bring with him, hence why they changed some musicians also. I'm pretty sure it will be Scott Price, who didn't want to talk about it. This makes sense to me. You don't have several key members leave and not have a plan as to who you want or where you are going. 5 Quote Instagram: @delphis78
LukeD Posted March 11, 2015 at 05:10 PM Posted March 11, 2015 at 05:10 PM (edited) Listening to 'Le Ballet' from ''Live A Paris'' will never be the same again... Edited March 11, 2015 at 05:10 PM by LukeD 2 Quote
Del Posted March 11, 2015 at 05:11 PM Posted March 11, 2015 at 05:11 PM Listening to 'Le Ballet' from ''Live A Paris'' will never be the same again... LOVE that performance. Would be nice to see her perform that song again. 2 Quote Instagram: @delphis78
CelineDionFreak Posted March 11, 2015 at 05:12 PM Posted March 11, 2015 at 05:12 PM yes I would like them to bring in some dancers and change up the upbeat numbers.If they'd ever bring in dancers, I'd love SYS in the whole LCMM/RDMH segment. (I think it'll stay. I mean it's became a custom to put it there.) 2 Quote I didn't know love until they loved me back to life because somebody loves somebody!Le temps qui compte pour Celine est maintenant!
ryba Posted March 11, 2015 at 05:12 PM Posted March 11, 2015 at 05:12 PM Maybe that's the kind of image they have in mind for Celine hahaha 2 Quote
NicoNV Posted March 11, 2015 at 05:12 PM Posted March 11, 2015 at 05:12 PM This makes sense to me. You don't have several key members leave and not have a plan as to who you want or where you are going. Very true. Dj4celine said this had been in the works for some time. So, maybe it was part of Aldo's agreement to take on the job, to bring his own team with him. Or at least a discussion back when he replaced Rene. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2 Quote
anewdayhascome Posted March 11, 2015 at 05:14 PM Posted March 11, 2015 at 05:14 PM (edited) i think they already know who will replace Mego and that this guy may have some people he wants to bring with him, hence why they changed some musicians also. I'm pretty sure it will be Scott Price, who didn't want to talk about it. I know we shouldn't say that the age counts but one "older" guy to another "older" guy doesn't sound like a major change I hope I'm wrong of course Edited March 11, 2015 at 05:23 PM by anewdayhascome Quote A New Day... 10th & 11th November 2006 Taking Chances World Tour, Antwerp 13th & 14th May 2008, Kraków 28th June 2008 Celine 25th & 27th & 31st August 2013 20th, 23rd, 24th, 27th & 28th September 2016 Sans attendre Tour, Paris 1st & 5th December 2013 Encore un soir, Paris 24th, 25th, 28th, 29th June & 2nd, 3rd, 6th, 7th, 9th July 2016 Live 2017 Stockholm 17th June 2017 Lille 1st & 2nd July 2017 Paris 8th & 9th July 2017 Berlin 23rd & 24th July 2017 Live 2018 Taipei 11th & 13th July 2018 Manila 19th July 2018 Bangkok 23rd July 2018 BST Hyde Park London 5 July 2019
DionFanAlways Posted March 11, 2015 at 05:16 PM Posted March 11, 2015 at 05:16 PM LOVE that performance. Would be nice to see her perform that song again.Yes amazing! I can see it now, when she is introducing the band she will have to pull out a piece of paper and say ' ok this is my band, let's see if I get this right....' 7 Quote I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
DionFanAlways Posted March 11, 2015 at 05:18 PM Posted March 11, 2015 at 05:18 PM (edited) Maybe that's the kind of image they have in mind for Celine hahahaWe are in trouble..... Edited March 11, 2015 at 05:19 PM by DionFanAlways Quote I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
SuperLove4Celine Posted March 11, 2015 at 05:20 PM Posted March 11, 2015 at 05:20 PM (edited) yes I would like them to bring in some dancers and change up the upbeat numbers. As much a I love RDMH it's time for a change. As fase as I'm concerned the entire Encore part of the show needs to be scrapped and overhauled. This makes sense to me. You don't have several key members leave and not have a plan as to who you want or where you are going. I think it's about time "That's The Way It Is" was brought back in some form. That could very well be the encore performance. The fade in at the beginning could work well if the interlude before it were done properly. Then, if "My Heart Will Go On" HAS to be the final song, she could sing that song as the last number. The only way it would work, though, is if she were to talk between the two and be PERSONABLE and LESS scripted. Yes, she could have something generically "coy" by stating: "Did you REALLY think I wasn't going to sing this next song? I LOVE YOU ALL! **cue music**" Lame? Possibly, but all of this I'm coming up with right now is just on the fly. Edited March 11, 2015 at 05:21 PM by SuperLove4Celine 4 Quote
Neddo Posted March 11, 2015 at 05:23 PM Posted March 11, 2015 at 05:23 PM Now maybe Celine will offer us a beautiful banger like this 1 Quote http://imageshack.us/a/img138/7804/5tq2.png
browseceline Posted March 11, 2015 at 05:33 PM Posted March 11, 2015 at 05:33 PM Well if she starts "twerking" to IA and certain areas of her anatomy have inflated then we know we have a problem! Hahaha celine twerking ala miley... 2 Quote <iframe width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hl2XkxnYljg" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
CelinesDIVO5 Posted March 11, 2015 at 05:37 PM Posted March 11, 2015 at 05:37 PM Hahaha celine twerking ala miley... She would need a butt in order to twerk lol 2 Quote https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PL54qnRGM2gMatthew Charles - "Fix You" - Live at The Stonewall InnStonewall Sensation - Season 15Originally written and performed by Coldplay
celine4evauk Posted March 11, 2015 at 05:42 PM Posted March 11, 2015 at 05:42 PM Perhaps those that are left will step up and be involved more. Like Elise and co will be more involved like they were. 1 Quote
celinemaniac07 Posted March 11, 2015 at 05:44 PM Posted March 11, 2015 at 05:44 PM Question: Are the backup singers such as Barnev and Elise still employed with Celine? Any news on them? Are they staying with her? I have not heard from them. Quote
SuperLove4Celine Posted March 11, 2015 at 05:45 PM Posted March 11, 2015 at 05:45 PM Perhaps those that are left will step up and be involved more. Like Elise and co will be more involved like they were. I'm going to try and word this as kindly as possible. It would be nice to see everybody involved with Celine's shows get more involved. HOWEVER, if I have to sit through another performance of Barnev singing "Spinning Wheel" or see a random medley of covers that serve no artistic purpose to a show (TCWT's "Soul Medley," I'm looking at you), I will start putting my money towards other shows in Vegas and beyond, and not Celine. 5 Quote
celinemaniac07 Posted March 11, 2015 at 05:48 PM Posted March 11, 2015 at 05:48 PM (edited) Just heard they are going to add an extended 23 minute version of Spinning Wheel with Barnev once the show returns Edited March 11, 2015 at 05:49 PM by celinemaniac07 7 Quote
Shamrock_1982 Posted March 11, 2015 at 05:55 PM Posted March 11, 2015 at 05:55 PM (edited) I think as far as band members leaving that's it as they can't keep doing press releases every few days or weeks on the same subject. Edited March 11, 2015 at 05:55 PM by Shamrock29 2 Quote
SuperLove4Celine Posted March 11, 2015 at 05:58 PM Posted March 11, 2015 at 05:58 PM Just heard they are going to add an extended 23 minute version of Spinning Wheel with Barnev once the show returns NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! In all seriousness, I'll add the amount of random and quite useless covers in her shows to the list of items that have kept me away from her second Vegas show. Hopefully, when she returns, this shake-up will remove the majority of those covers and usher in the return of her own, ORIGINAL material. I need more than some new (since Opening Night), splashy water feature during a song to make me want to shell out the money being charged for her shows. Start adding in original material (whether I like the songs or not), and THEN I'll start opening my wallet again! 1 Quote
Yentl Anchel Posted March 11, 2015 at 05:58 PM Posted March 11, 2015 at 05:58 PM Question: Are the backup singers such as Barnev and Elise still employed with Celine? Any news on them? Are they staying with her? I have not heard from them. As far as we know now, Barnev, Elise, Dawn, Marc, Paul, Dominique , Denis en Yves Aucoin are still in the team, but anything can happen now I mean not renewing the contracts of the long time members doesn't say they want to keep those guys. We have to wait and see. Now with both Rene and Dave Platel out of the team I think they are really going to renew.... I think we have to wait and see ones she is up and running again Quote Elle est mon idéal, La plus grande étoile Will be going to Celine may 8 2027
SuperLove4Celine Posted March 11, 2015 at 06:13 PM Posted March 11, 2015 at 06:13 PM (edited) The more I think about it, the more respect I have for Aldo. He had to have known these decisions were going to cause a massive backlash against him in the fan community. (I'd like to think he's not so ignorant as to think otherwise.) Yet, he still stuck his neck out and did what he felt had to be done. Also, while I have respected some of the work Rene did for Celine's career in the past, I do think a lot of the "stick with the same arrangements" mindset was partially out of fear. It's far easier to go with the status quo instead of REALLY "taking chances". If an iconic song like "Because You Loved Me" were to be rearranged dramatically, there would be a 50/50 shot it would either go over smashingly well, or it would bomb hard. So, why not pick the easy, less scary route and stick with the arrangement on the album? With that said, in the big picture, I think Aldo and his controversial decisions will be artistically better for Celine's career. Edited March 11, 2015 at 06:14 PM by SuperLove4Celine 1 Quote
empress Posted March 11, 2015 at 06:14 PM Posted March 11, 2015 at 06:14 PM Personally, I'm glad they are changing things up. I saw the "Celine" show. It was beautiful, but I would have preferred more entertainment. Celine has a beautiful voice, but I did not enjoy all her choice of songs. Shocking to see Mego go, but the long lay off of everyone during her family time may also be an issue with many of the people who have worked with her for so long. I would not have gone back to see her "Celine" show. I much preferred "O". I wish I could have seen her "New Day" show. I liked all the dancers, although I didn't understand much of the choreography choice.....I think there is much room for an update, fantastic show. The beginning of a new era is always a little bittersweet with the end of the old. I was more sad about Rene' stepping back. But....that is show business! 4 Quote
Loup_garou Posted March 11, 2015 at 06:15 PM Posted March 11, 2015 at 06:15 PM Just heard they are going to add an extended 23 minute version of Spinning Wheel with Barnev once the show returns as a Duet with Terry Bradford 5 Quote
québecflower Posted March 11, 2015 at 06:27 PM Posted March 11, 2015 at 06:27 PM as a Duet with Terry Bradford Barney and Terry? you serious? a dream come true..... :wub: 3 Quote Plus qu'ailleurs , but now Si c'était à refaire , i still love tant de temps....
incognito Posted March 11, 2015 at 06:30 PM Posted March 11, 2015 at 06:30 PM Barney and Terry? you serious? a dream come true..... :wub: Terry is the stuff of nightmares. 1 Quote
ryba Posted March 11, 2015 at 06:30 PM Posted March 11, 2015 at 06:30 PM CD Italia just posted that Feeling Toronto is no longer part of Team Celine!! 3 Quote
anewdayhascome Posted March 11, 2015 at 06:43 PM Posted March 11, 2015 at 06:43 PM CD Italia just posted that Feeling Toronto is no longer part of Team Celine!! what does that mean? Quote A New Day... 10th & 11th November 2006 Taking Chances World Tour, Antwerp 13th & 14th May 2008, Kraków 28th June 2008 Celine 25th & 27th & 31st August 2013 20th, 23rd, 24th, 27th & 28th September 2016 Sans attendre Tour, Paris 1st & 5th December 2013 Encore un soir, Paris 24th, 25th, 28th, 29th June & 2nd, 3rd, 6th, 7th, 9th July 2016 Live 2017 Stockholm 17th June 2017 Lille 1st & 2nd July 2017 Paris 8th & 9th July 2017 Berlin 23rd & 24th July 2017 Live 2018 Taipei 11th & 13th July 2018 Manila 19th July 2018 Bangkok 23rd July 2018 BST Hyde Park London 5 July 2019
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.