incognito Posted March 11, 2015 at 01:09 AM Posted March 11, 2015 at 01:09 AM Whenever I hear his name or read it, I think of cheap shoes. Ironic given who he manages. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk I also think of cheap groceries. (Aldi) 4 Quote
LukeD Posted March 11, 2015 at 01:22 AM Posted March 11, 2015 at 01:22 AM (edited) Now, regardless of whether you think Céline owes us or we owe her, whether her musicians made her or she carried those musicians, whether it's just business is business or disloyalty to 28 years of service, whether change is good or change is bad, or somewhere in between all those things, Céline seems to be...like all the rest. I see a contradiction here. Few paragraphs above you stated that it was her dedication to husband, family and fans that made you put her above everyone else. You took notice of her connection with her crew later according to your post. So why now the loss of this connection is enough to make Celine seem like all the rest? What about the other factors that made you a big fan in the first place? They are still here. Edited March 11, 2015 at 01:31 AM by LukeD 1 Quote
CelineDionFreak Posted March 11, 2015 at 01:22 AM Posted March 11, 2015 at 01:22 AM I also think of cheap groceries. (Aldi) On a side note, I love Aldi's 1 Quote I didn't know love until they loved me back to life because somebody loves somebody!Le temps qui compte pour Celine est maintenant!
Popular Post chocolatechip15 Posted March 11, 2015 at 01:23 AM Popular Post Posted March 11, 2015 at 01:23 AM (edited) Jean Seb's wife, Sophia Stiperski, posted the below on Facebook. It really makes me think the decision mostly came from Aldo, not Celine or Rene, because it again seems to reiterate how differently they handled this from how Celine & Rene handled everything in the past. Very, very sad (I can't figure out how to link to the post, but I am cutting and pasting here. You can see it on Andre's page (as he is mentioned in the post) and it was posted 19 hours ago.) Sophia's post:It is rare that I share my feelings on Facebook but I felt that tonight was important as I am seeing too much aches and pains around me. My heart goes out to Celine Dion's finest and dedicated musicians. It is very painful to watch how the new management of Celine is handling her new career. I might be the wife of one of them but I was first a huge fan of this incredible singer and artist and I can attest as a fan that my love and respect for her was not only for her incredible voice but for her loyalty, honesty and family orientated soul. I'm sure I am not the only one feeling that way. It was truly touching and refreshing to see such loyalty in this crazy entertainment business where artificiality and superficiality is prominent. My heart is filled with sadness to see that her new management is taking all that away from her. My love and prayers goes out to all my dearest friends and especially my husband that was just affected by this huge turnover. You all need to leave with your head up and be proud as you are all incredible musicians. Don't let anybody take that away from you or make you believe otherwise! Edited March 11, 2015 at 01:29 AM by chocolatechip15 10 Quote
DionFanAlways Posted March 11, 2015 at 01:31 AM Posted March 11, 2015 at 01:31 AM (edited) Jean Seb's wife, Sophia Stiperski, posted the below on Facebook. It really makes me think the decision mostly came from Aldo, not Celine or Rene, because it again seems to reiterate how differently they handled this from how Celine & Rene handled everything in the past. Very, very sad (I can't figure out how to link to the post, but I am cutting and pasting here. You can see it on Andre's page (as he is mentioned in the post) and it was posted 19 hours ago.) Sophia's post:It is rare that I share my feelings on Facebook but I felt that tonight was important as I am seeing too much aches and pains around me. My heart goes out to Celine Dion's finest and dedicated musicians. It is very painful to watch how the new management of Celine is handling her new career. I might be the wife of one of them but I was first a huge fan of this incredible singer and artist and I can attest as a fan that my love and respect for her was not only for her incredible voice but for her loyalty, honesty and family orientated soul. I'm sure I am not the only one feeling that way. It was truly touching and refreshing to see such loyalty in this crazy entertainment business where artificiality and superficiality is prominent. My heart is filled with sadness to see that her new management is taking all that away from her. My love and prayers goes out to all my dearest friends and especially my husband that was just affected by this huge turnover. You all need to leave with your head up and be proud as you are all incredible musicians. Don't let anybody take that away from you or make you believe otherwise!These statements (from Mego and Jean-Seb and his wife) make me think that everything we thought about her not knowing what is going on is true then..... The henchman, Aldo, had to report back to someone, right? I mean was she supposed to show up for rehearsals and say, 'hey where is everyone?' I'm soooo confused and torn right now! Edited March 11, 2015 at 01:38 AM by DionFanAlways 4 Quote I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
LukeD Posted March 11, 2015 at 01:34 AM Posted March 11, 2015 at 01:34 AM (edited) Strange thing is that I don't really have an opinion about what's going on! My feelings are mixed... I can tell there is excitement, curiosity, uncertainty... Edited March 11, 2015 at 01:34 AM by LukeD 7 Quote
LukeD Posted March 11, 2015 at 01:38 AM Posted March 11, 2015 at 01:38 AM I've read every single comment in this thread and I find myself going back and forth. I think almost everyone has a point... It is usually more black & white for me. 3 Quote
québecflower Posted March 11, 2015 at 01:38 AM Posted March 11, 2015 at 01:38 AM Strange thing is that I don't really have an opinion about what's going on! My feelings are mixed... I can tell there is excitement, curiosity, uncertainty... i guess we have to wait. Communnication is lacking clarity. 2 Quote Plus qu'ailleurs , but now Si c'était à refaire , i still love tant de temps....
NicoNV Posted March 11, 2015 at 01:40 AM Posted March 11, 2015 at 01:40 AM (edited) It was a lovely message from Jean-Seb's wife. But believing Celine and Rene didn't know, is like saying Aldo broke in the company and went crazy. They knew. They approved. Or it wouldn't have happened. The execution of it I am cool with hanging on Aldo (though it could have been planned better by all involved). But, it was a decision they made, because they wanted to make it. The fail was in how it was pulled off. So cold. So wrong. But, to what end? There will be no consequences for the poor execution. She wanted them fired in the first place, so she isn't going to get stung by a feelings bee and try to get them back. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Edited March 11, 2015 at 01:44 AM by NicoNV 1 Quote
NicoNV Posted March 11, 2015 at 01:41 AM Posted March 11, 2015 at 01:41 AM I've read every single comment in this thread and I find myself going back and forth. I think almost everyone has a point... It is usually more black & white for me. I suddenly feel so judged and pressured to make all my future posts logical... Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2 Quote
zuv Posted March 11, 2015 at 01:41 AM Posted March 11, 2015 at 01:41 AM (edited) Strange thing is that I don't really have an opinion about what's going on! My feelings are mixed... I can tell there is excitement, curiosity, uncertainty... I'll explain your mixed feelings lol: no one in their right mind can rejoy on the fact that 4 men lost their jobs today.Now let's be rational and put that in perspective, thousans of people loose their job everyday, thousands people create new jobs everyday.They had fun for years, made millions and Celine will always be grateful and praise them. They were the luckiest musicians! I would celebrate their longevity of their career with Celine, instead of moaning that it ended. Change was needed, thats all. They will understand, and Sophia will too. And I 100% agree with it. Edited March 11, 2015 at 01:47 AM by zuv 6 Quote
flutefreak Posted March 11, 2015 at 01:43 AM Posted March 11, 2015 at 01:43 AM I've read every single post here as well and I am just anxious not good or bad. If they were really let go due to them being the most expensive and they are thinking about getting cheaper people well that's just wrong in my opinion. Just anxious about what might come either good or bad in the coming days. 1 Quote
chocolatechip15 Posted March 11, 2015 at 01:46 AM Posted March 11, 2015 at 01:46 AM (edited) Article in Journal De Montreal: http://www.journalde...ciens-de-celine Mostly it speculates on who might take Mego's place. Andre Coutu did give them a quote: "Ça m’attriste énormément, mais j’ai eu la chance de côtoyer cette grande artiste que j’adore pendant plus de 23 ans», a-t-il confié au Journal." (translation: "It saddens me enormously, but I had the chance to know ("be close with") this great artist that I adore during more than 23 years," he confided to the Journal.") I have to say that all the members of Celine's team who are making statements are being a whole lot more gracious towards her than she is towards them right now. I've never been one of those, "She needs to release a statement right now" people . but if there ever were a time when she needs to release a statement, it would be now. It is so sad to hear all these people being let go still thank her and say that they love her, and to hear nothing from her. Edited March 11, 2015 at 01:53 AM by chocolatechip15 1 Quote
chocolatechip15 Posted March 11, 2015 at 01:49 AM Posted March 11, 2015 at 01:49 AM These statements (from Mego and Jean-Seb and his wife) make me think that everything we thought about her not knowing what is going on is true then..... The henchman, Aldo, had to report back to someone, right? I mean was she supposed to show up for rehearsals and say, 'hey where is everyone?' I'm soooo confused and torn right now! It was a lovely message from Jean-Seb's wife. But believing Celine and Rene didn't know, is like saying Aldo broke in the company and went crazy. They knew. They approved. Or it wouldn't have happened. The execution of it I am cool with hanging on Aldo (though it could have been planned better by all involved). But, it was a decision they made, because they wanted to make it. The fail was in how it was pulled off. So cold. So wrong. But, to what end? There will be no consequences for the poor execution. She wanted them fired in the first place, so she isn't going to get stung by a feelings bee and try to get them back. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk I hear what both of you are saying -- but I just don't understand it. And that's why these statements from people who knew her get to me . .because they knew Celine and Rene and worked with them for years and years -- and to these people, too, this is so different from how Celine and Rene have run things before. Quote
NicoNV Posted March 11, 2015 at 01:50 AM Posted March 11, 2015 at 01:50 AM (edited) I think we all need to remember Rene is out of the picture. Her reactions and statements are with Aldo now. So she did release a statement. But, I agree, they are exiting with more grace than they seem to have been given. Assuming she just didn't get tired of leaks, so she just felt the need to tighten things. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Edited March 11, 2015 at 01:51 AM by NicoNV Quote
chocolatechip15 Posted March 11, 2015 at 01:50 AM Posted March 11, 2015 at 01:50 AM I mean was she supposed to show up for rehearsals and say, 'hey where is everyone?' This part of your post did make me literally laugh out loud! 5 Quote
chocolatechip15 Posted March 11, 2015 at 01:53 AM Posted March 11, 2015 at 01:53 AM Journal de Montreal also says her production office in Toronto may be closing. Really sounds like it's all about money. Quote
chocolatechip15 Posted March 11, 2015 at 01:59 AM Posted March 11, 2015 at 01:59 AM (edited) At some point, I will have to stop posting on here, but I found this, from a Mego interview in 2009. So sad. http://www.celinedio...ude-mego-lemay/ Do you think you will remain Céline’s musical director? Yes, I will for as long as they want me. But when the day comes when I no longer feel able to meet their needs or when I relaise Céline would benefit from working with a better musical director than me, then I will talk about it with René and I will gladly give up my place to somebody else. You still have a lot of admiration for Céline and Rene. Absolutely! And the more I see them the more I admire them. What an extraordinary couple. They are authentic people. It’s not an act. They remain the same, whether there are cameras or not. In any case, the man I am would never have been able to work for 22 years with someone who had their nose in the air or who was playing a game. Edited March 11, 2015 at 02:08 AM by chocolatechip15 1 Quote
SuperLove4Celine Posted March 11, 2015 at 02:00 AM Posted March 11, 2015 at 02:00 AM (edited) Journal de Montreal also says her production office in Toronto may be closing. Really sounds like it's all about money. If this is true, I wonder if that would be the first step to Feeling Productions shuttering. If it is about money, I could see Columbia/Sony Music absorbing the business. It would suck for us fans who have enjoyed the Feeling legacy, but it would make good business sense. I would assume most people don't even have a clue what Feeling Productions is, or that it even exists, for that matter. Edited March 11, 2015 at 02:02 AM by SuperLove4Celine 1 Quote
NicoNV Posted March 11, 2015 at 02:02 AM Posted March 11, 2015 at 02:02 AM (edited) Journal de Montreal also says her production office in Toronto may be closing. Really sounds like it's all about money. Closing that office could also relate to her Paris Match interview about wanting to downsize. Wasn't Aldo/Aldi's plan to move to Vegas? So, maybe everything will just officially be centered in Vegas. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Edited March 11, 2015 at 02:02 AM by NicoNV 3 Quote
CelineDionFreak Posted March 11, 2015 at 02:03 AM Posted March 11, 2015 at 02:03 AM I could be way off here, but if Marc plays more then bass, I wonder if he'll be moved up. Who knows? 1 Quote I didn't know love until they loved me back to life because somebody loves somebody!Le temps qui compte pour Celine est maintenant!
NicoNV Posted March 11, 2015 at 02:05 AM Posted March 11, 2015 at 02:05 AM (edited) I could be way off here, but if Marc plays more then bass, I wonder if he'll be moved up. Who knows? I believe RC is taking lessons. If this is about cost, everyone needs to chip in. Yeah, but honestly, who knows. They might promote from within or Aldo/Aldi might focus on new hires so there are no loyalty issues in an attempt to reduce internal staff strife. We will see (Aldo/Aldi's legacy: we will see and who knows vs. Rene: the best is yet to come. Yeah... Glad Rene was in charge when it mattered most). Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Edited March 11, 2015 at 02:09 AM by NicoNV 2 Quote
Popular Post incognito Posted March 11, 2015 at 02:06 AM Popular Post Posted March 11, 2015 at 02:06 AM I believe RC is taking lessons. If this is about cost, everyone needs to chip in. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk I heard he's being tapped to run her social media accounts. 8 Quote
NicoNV Posted March 11, 2015 at 02:08 AM Posted March 11, 2015 at 02:08 AM (edited) I heard he's being tapped to run her social media accounts. This is true, in part. He will run most everything, but the twins will tackle Twitter. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Edited March 11, 2015 at 02:09 AM by NicoNV 7 Quote
Popular Post Nmj Posted March 11, 2015 at 02:14 AM Popular Post Posted March 11, 2015 at 02:14 AM (edited) Some people here are taking the firing to an extreme. Celine And Rene hire a manager to "manage" her career. That's his job, maybe when he listened to her previous 15 years of live coverage he heard the same as me... almost ZERO change. That's a problem in my opinion, as much as I respected Mego and yes he is very talented, his arrangements have been the same for years and when he tried to change an arrangement in my opinion he usually made them worse , with the exception of "my love" from the tour. It's kinda funny how many of us have asked for change for years and never received it, now change has happened and you found yourself second guessing if you really wanted the change once it finally happened. I hope people take what they say seriously here and on the Internet because sometimes we say things thinking nobody is listening but it's 2015 people read your comments on the board and yes sometimes listen. This was a long time coming in my opinion if the goal is to "freshen" her image and the show. Loyalty is a great thing but at what cost? You can't keep people out of loyalty, sometimes a project changes and a new direction is taken it doesn't mean these men aren't talented individuals, it just means when it's ALL set and done its a business. Whether the fans like it or not her career is a business and business decisions aren't always liked by everyone. Celine and Rene are still the people we think they are. When you hire someone to "manage" your career you put your faith in that person, for years that man was solely Rene but now we have a new leader. In my opinion when you hire a manger you should allow that person to do their job and not veto every decision they chose to make after all making decisons is what he's payed to do, let him earn the money Rene and Celine pay him. I have to say I'm a little torn about the news of the firing of ALL the musicians, without sounding insensitive I think Mego should have been let go years ago, but the other men served under megos command so I'm not sure it was nesscary who knows. Mego was leader of the band, the brain behind the music if you will without him will defiantly bring a change whether it turns out to be a change for the better remains to be seen but a change has come. Whether you like the new direction the team took or not, I think everyone is a little excited that something new is happening. Change can be scary but in the end it can also be a breath of fresh air. Time will tell, but I'm excited to see what happens in Celines career and how the Vegas show evolves. Edited March 11, 2015 at 02:42 AM by Nmj 17 Quote
SuperLove4Celine Posted March 11, 2015 at 02:20 AM Posted March 11, 2015 at 02:20 AM Some people here are taking the firing to an extreme. Celine And Rene hire a manager to "manage" her career. That's his job, maybe when he listened to her previous 15 years of live coverage he heard the same as me... almost ZERO change. That's a problem in my opinion, as much as I respected Mego and yes he is very talented, his arrangements have been the same for years and when he tried to change an arrangement in my opinion he usually made them worse , with the exception of "my love" from the tour. It's kinda funny how many of us have asked for change for years and never received it, now change has happened and you found yourself second guessing if you really wanted the change once it finally happened. I hope people take what they say seriously here and on the Internet because sometimes we say things thinking nobody is listening but it's 2015 people read your comments on the board and yes sometimes listen. This was a long time coming in my opinion if the goal is to "freshen" her image and the show. Loyalty is a great thing but at what cost? You can't keep people out of loyalty, sometimes a project changes and a new direction is taken it doesn't mean these men aren't talented individuals, it just means when it's ALL set and done its a business. Whether the fans like it or not her career is a business and business decisions aren't always liked by everyone. Celine and Rene are still the people we think they are. When you hire someone to "manage" your career you put your faith in that person, for years that man was solely Rene but now we have a new leader. In my opinion when you hire a manger you should allow that person to do their job and not veto every decision they chose to make after all making decisons is what he's payed to do, let him earn the money Rene and Celine pay him. I have to say I'm a little torn about the news of the firing of ALL the musicians, without sounding insensitive I think Mego should have been let go years ago, but the other men served under megos command so I'm not sure it was nesscary who knows. Mego was leader of the band, the brain behind the music if you will without him will defiantly bring a change whether it turns out to be a change for the better remains to be seen but a change has come. Whether you like the new direction the team took or not, I think everyone is a little excited that something new is happening. Change can be scary but in the end it can also be a breath of fresh air. Time will tell, but I'm excited to see what happens in Celines carrer and how the Vegas show evolves. Well, now I don't need to type up my feelings. I would say 99% of what I was going to say is summed up beautifully right here. This could quite possibly be one of the best posts I've read on CDF in a very long time. (And for those who may think it is, this is in no way sarcasm.) 2 Quote
québecflower Posted March 11, 2015 at 02:30 AM Posted March 11, 2015 at 02:30 AM This is true, in part. He will run most everything, but the twins will tackle Twitter. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk :sofunny: Quote Plus qu'ailleurs , but now Si c'était à refaire , i still love tant de temps....
eduardomolina Posted March 11, 2015 at 02:49 AM Posted March 11, 2015 at 02:49 AM It will only make sense to me if they really change some things. Not that I´m dying for changes, since the show is amazing (I´ve seen it). But Celine really needs to introduce different songs when she returns (songs from her repertoire). Besides that, It would be nice (hardly possible) if she comes up with an English album by the end of the year. (Unplugged, Christmas, even a re -release of LMBTL with new songs and new promo) 1 Quote
CelinesDIVO5 Posted March 11, 2015 at 02:52 AM Posted March 11, 2015 at 02:52 AM If these musicians don't matter as far as Céline's career goes, why let them go? Maybe I missed the post that someone suggests that these musicians are the SOLE reason for our Queen's success but, evidently, they played a PART in her success, n'est pas? Just seems that Aldo thinks musicians have a pretty big influence... Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2 I think Celine could have had a different band on every tour and her success would still be as unmeasurable as it is today. 2 Quote https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PL54qnRGM2gMatthew Charles - "Fix You" - Live at The Stonewall InnStonewall Sensation - Season 15Originally written and performed by Coldplay
infiniti Posted March 11, 2015 at 03:02 AM Posted March 11, 2015 at 03:02 AM (edited) Only time will tell whether this was a good decision or not, depending on what they got on their mind. Still shocking that Me go and others are gone. Whatever New they have decided, can't imagine Mego couldn't fit in it...who is going to play All by myself on the piano?! as I mentioned, disagreements about production and music set?! First, he sent Celine to an indefinite hiatus, now this? Was this birdie' s big news? Edited March 11, 2015 at 03:05 AM by infiniti Quote Celine ~
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.