Popular Post québecflower Posted March 10, 2015 at 07:01 PM Popular Post Posted March 10, 2015 at 07:01 PM apparently , for some, Celine is the new devil...all those illuminati signs, i knew there was something behind it. 8 Quote Plus qu'ailleurs , but now Si c'était à refaire , i still love tant de temps....
Kristinaz Posted March 10, 2015 at 07:01 PM Posted March 10, 2015 at 07:01 PM (edited) Official statement that I have translated from French to EnglishThe President and CEO of Productions Feeling, Aldo Giampaolo, confirmed the news that Claude "Mego" Lemay musicians, Yves Frulla, Andre Coutu and Jean-Seb Square will not be part of the band of Celine, their contract ended March 15 this year. "This is a decision that was more difficult to make, but I have found it necessary to reinvigorate the show," commented Aldo. "Celine and Rene will join me in thanking them for sharing their great talent in recent years and we wish them every four every success in their future endeavors." Furthermore, Giampaolo like to reassure the public and the fans of Celine on his return to the stage next. For the moment no date is determined.https://www.facebook...152622167876651 Edited March 10, 2015 at 07:03 PM by Kristinaz Quote
stevo Posted March 10, 2015 at 07:01 PM Author Posted March 10, 2015 at 07:01 PM Because she became what she is today with the help of people who surround and support her like Mego did it during 28 YEARS. 8 minutes to fire people, good job ! And as I said, I'm not happy about how it was handled. 3 Quote
Bralo20 Posted March 10, 2015 at 07:02 PM Posted March 10, 2015 at 07:02 PM (edited) Statement management: Le Président et Chef de la direction des Productions Feeling, Aldo Giampaolo, confirme la nouvelle que les musiciens Claude « Mégo » Lemay, Yves Frulla, André Coutu et Jean-Seb Carré ne feront plus partie du band de Céline, leur contrat se terminant le 15 mars cette année.« C’est une décision qui a été des plus difficiles à prendre mais que j’ai jugé nécessaire pour donner un souffle nouveau au spectacle », commente Aldo. « Céline et René se joignent à moi pour les remercier d’avoir partagé leur grand talent au cours des dernières années et nous leur souhaitons à tous les quatre le meilleur des succès dans leurs projets futurs ».Par ailleurs, M. Giampaolo tient à rassurer le public et les fans de Céline quant à son retour prochain sur scène. Pour l’instant aucune date n’est déterminée. Edit: posted previously, mea culpa mea culpa, mea maxima culpa! Edited March 10, 2015 at 07:04 PM by Bralo20 Quote ...
rhapsodion Posted March 10, 2015 at 07:03 PM Posted March 10, 2015 at 07:03 PM Putting aside how they informed the band members of ending their collaboration, i am somehow excited of what's to come. I personally had been starting to feel bored with celine's concert (ie. The european tour), with similar setlist and arrangement. Don't get me wrong, i am not blaming this to her band members, as celine and rene must have a big say on what to sing and how the show goes. I am just hoping with all these new developments, we will really see some new direction. I know some people may want to see the same celine, the same songs as this stability may be important to some. So i am not speaking on behalf of anybody but just me, i am hoping for some new and fresh changes, like her fresh look right before they announced putting her career on hold last year. 4 Quote
mirage Posted March 10, 2015 at 07:07 PM Posted March 10, 2015 at 07:07 PM (edited) So ive let it sink in all day, and i'm curious whats next. Most of us wanted some change, whether it was a direction for her albums, or her live repetoire, or arrangements, it doesnt matter. And finally after years of "words" there is some action.They fired a part of her band, her comfort zone, our comfort zone. And as i beleive other people around her. And as hard as it seems for us, i am really curious what her music and her live shows will bring and what kind of direction they are planning for her new shows... Edit: the way it was handled was not maybe the best way. Somehow I feel that they should have released an pressrelease to clear things a bit up, the why's and the plans they hve Edited March 10, 2015 at 07:12 PM by mirage 5 Quote
Ororo Munroe Posted March 10, 2015 at 07:09 PM Posted March 10, 2015 at 07:09 PM Putting aside how they informed the band members of ending their collaboration, i am somehow excited of what's to come. I personally had been starting to feel bored with celine's concert (ie. The european tour), with similar setlist and arrangement. Don't get me wrong, i am not blaming this to her band members, as celine and rene must have a big say on what to sing and how the show goes. I am just hoping with all these new developments, we will really see some new direction. I know some people may want to see the same celine, the same songs as this stability may be important to some. So i am not speaking on behalf of anybody but just me, i am hoping for some new and fresh changes, like her fresh look right before they announced putting her career on hold last year. I am sorry to say that the only person who is responsible about that is Celine herself ! Quote
Ororo Munroe Posted March 10, 2015 at 07:11 PM Posted March 10, 2015 at 07:11 PM Annie, Mego, André, Yves, and JS, what's next ? Quote
CelinesDIVO5 Posted March 10, 2015 at 07:12 PM Posted March 10, 2015 at 07:12 PM I am sorry to say that the only person who is responsible about that is Celine herself ! Is your glass half empty or half full? Celine is not fully responsible. She's had her own ideas shot down by her team. 4 Quote https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PL54qnRGM2gMatthew Charles - "Fix You" - Live at The Stonewall InnStonewall Sensation - Season 15Originally written and performed by Coldplay
NicoNV Posted March 10, 2015 at 07:12 PM Posted March 10, 2015 at 07:12 PM Official statement that I have translated from French to EnglishThe President and CEO of Productions Feeling, Aldo Giampaolo, confirmed the news that Claude "Mego" Lemay musicians, Yves Frulla, Andre Coutu and Jean-Seb Square will not be part of the band of Celine, their contract ended March 15 this year. "This is a decision that was more difficult to make, but I have found it necessary to reinvigorate the show," commented Aldo. "Celine and Rene will join me in thanking them for sharing their great talent in recent years and we wish them every four every success in their future endeavors." Furthermore, Giampaolo like to reassure the public and the fans of Celine on his return to the stage next. For the moment no date is determined.https://www.facebook...152622167876651 Well if Celine and a Rene join Aldo in thanking them, what more could her team of over 20 years want? I dislike his statement as much as I dislike how he, Celine, and Rene handled this situation. I have no opposition to her changing. But, I have a problem with this being handled in a way entirely contrary to her public image. Unless the public image was false--but that isn't much better. Aldo had to know this being handled like this would create a backlash. He made an executive decision not to care. I do not expect more from him, as his focus in business. I did expect more from Celine and Rene (though that seems to have been an error on my part). Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 7 Quote
rhapsodion Posted March 10, 2015 at 07:16 PM Posted March 10, 2015 at 07:16 PM (edited) I am sorry to say that the only person who is responsible about that is Celine herself ! No need to be sorry, and maybe that's why we see all these changes now, Celine wants to get things done her way. Edited March 10, 2015 at 07:16 PM by rhapsodion Quote
mirage Posted March 10, 2015 at 07:18 PM Posted March 10, 2015 at 07:18 PM Somehow i feel you know a bit more?!You said that there were more people fired around celine camp. And you told us that there was some news coming, is this part of that news or has things changed? Maybe you can clear things a bit up? :-) All I can say is that, Céline and Rene had both been privy to the decisions made. But that doesn't mean that they approved or not how this was handled. BTW this is all part of the rejig that had started even before Annie was let off.And to the people who are saying that this is sudden, it is not. Decisions like this are taken much ahead all these meetings have been going on for several weeks. BTW a new outlook to how her career should be handled is not something we should be worried about. Everything happens for a reason, and here, I'm being very optimistic. 1 Quote
DionFanAlways Posted March 10, 2015 at 07:18 PM Posted March 10, 2015 at 07:18 PM I am sorry to say that the only person who is responsible about that is Celine herself !you are upset right now and I understand that but this does not solely rest with Celine. She is a company and companies have many board members. 1 Quote I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
Popular Post chocolatechip15 Posted March 10, 2015 at 07:21 PM Popular Post Posted March 10, 2015 at 07:21 PM Official statement that I have translated from French to EnglishThe President and CEO of Productions Feeling, Aldo Giampaolo, confirmed the news that Claude "Mego" Lemay musicians, Yves Frulla, Andre Coutu and Jean-Seb Square will not be part of the band of Celine, their contract ended March 15 this year. "This is a decision that was more difficult to make, but I have found it necessary to reinvigorate the show," commented Aldo. "Celine and Rene will join me in thanking them for sharing their great talent in recent years and we wish them every four every success in their future endeavors." Furthermore, Giampaolo like to reassure the public and the fans of Celine on his return to the stage next. For the moment no date is determined.https://www.facebook...152622167876651 At least he finally thanked them - but even in a way that's still a little dig. Their talent in "recent" years? Come on, Aldo, Mego's been with her for 28 years - since before anyone in the US ever heard of her. 10 Quote
stone Posted March 10, 2015 at 07:26 PM Posted March 10, 2015 at 07:26 PM At least he finally thanked them - but even in a way that's still a little dig. Their talent in "recent" years? Come on, Aldo, Mego's been with her for 28 years - since before anyone in the US ever heard of her. They deserved a little bit more than a "We did not renew their contract. We want change. We thank them. Best of luck!" Aldo, Celine, and Rene. 5 Quote
Popular Post Jessyka Posted March 10, 2015 at 07:31 PM Popular Post Posted March 10, 2015 at 07:31 PM Wow. Is it wrong to say that I'm actually excited? 16 Quote http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff5/backup674/Banners/Image1.jpg
Kristinaz Posted March 10, 2015 at 07:34 PM Posted March 10, 2015 at 07:34 PM (edited) I can't edit my previous post but her facebook page has now put up the english version so just ignore the one I translated. Aldo Giampaolo, President and CEO of Feeling Productions, would like to confirm that musicians Claude "Mego" Lemay, Yves Frulla, André Coutu and Jean-Seb Carré will no longer be part of Celine's band after their contracts expire on March 15, 2015."It was a difficult decision to make that I felt was necessary to breathe fresh air into the show," commented Mr Giampaolo. "Celine and Rene join me in thanking them for sharing their immense talent with us over the years and we wish them continued success in their future endeavours."Mr Giampaolo would like to reassure the public and fans alike that Celine will return to the stage but no dates have been confirmed at this time. Edited March 10, 2015 at 07:35 PM by Kristinaz Quote
québecflower Posted March 10, 2015 at 07:38 PM Posted March 10, 2015 at 07:38 PM Wow. Is it wrong to say that I'm actually excited? too soon, maybe tomorrow... 3 Quote Plus qu'ailleurs , but now Si c'était à refaire , i still love tant de temps....
Davar Posted March 10, 2015 at 07:39 PM Posted March 10, 2015 at 07:39 PM I haven't posted on here forever but holy s**t you guys sound like freaks. Relax. It will be fine. Im saddened cause it sucks whenever someone loses a job regardless of who they are but I think Celine's band was way over due for a change. I find Celine's band/backup singers didn't do much for her IMO. Example shadow of love during taking chances tour. Holy moly. 6 Quote
Jessyka Posted March 10, 2015 at 07:43 PM Posted March 10, 2015 at 07:43 PM too soon, maybe tomorrow... Sorry I'm shocked for now. Tomorrow I'll be excited then. 2 Quote http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff5/backup674/Banners/Image1.jpg
CelineDionForeverNY Posted March 10, 2015 at 07:47 PM Posted March 10, 2015 at 07:47 PM Wow. Is it wrong to say that I'm actually excited? Same here. I'm upset that some of the band is gone, but I'm more happy that when Celine comes back, we will most certainly have some change in the show. Of course the way that they handled it was not ideal, but sooner or later, they would have learned that they were to be laid off. Like others said, there's no nice way to put this. And so many people have complained for years how they're sick of the arrangements/addition of LCMM, RDMH, ABM, TPOL, etc... all the hits. Perhaps with a new musical director, we will be able to hear these songs in a new fresh manner. And Celine isn't going to replace the people who have been working with her for 20-something years with some terrible musician. They will also be talented and perhaps new chances are to be given. Adding Dawn in the new Vegas show has not disappointed me, she's shined in parts of the Vegas show, Une seule fois, and the Europe tour. When we see who's being added, I'm sure that we'll be just as excited. And who's to say that they will never come back. Paul returned to the Vegas show after about ten years, maybe we'll see them around again. I look forward to seeing the new direction that Celine will pursue when she returns. 3 Quote http://i.imgur.com/dQ1vYVz.jpgMais qui peut dire, qu’il peut vivre sans amour, qui?
ryba Posted March 10, 2015 at 08:04 PM Posted March 10, 2015 at 08:04 PM (edited) I'm so curious about their new strategy and the revamp of the show!!! Edited March 10, 2015 at 08:06 PM by ryba 7 Quote
celinemaniac07 Posted March 10, 2015 at 08:05 PM Posted March 10, 2015 at 08:05 PM I just got word that Celine nor Rene have not personally reached out to any of the fired members of the band. I also find this extremely in bad taste to fire them on the very month everyone was hoping to get some good news about a Celine return to the stage. The band was blindsided by the cancellation of the shows last year all together. Celine and Rene made that decision based on the needs of their life and family. Understandable. What is not understandable is not reaching out to the band they called their family for over 20 years during that decision and now with this bombshell to be let go after they all waited and waited this entire time. This could have been done in such a more professional and different way and right now I am not happy with how this has been handled. The band, the musicians, the people behind the scenes, they all deserved so much better than this. They deserved to have a conversation WITH Celine or atleast Rene. Change is good..I am always for change and I am curious as to see what this show will be now when and if it comes back. I agree..it could have been freshened or reinvigorated with the current band and musicians just as much as with anyone else. They did NOT need to fire them. If they want to freshen up the show how about putting some new and better songs in the show, better lighting, better background videos, change the introduction video from 5 years ago, add some pyro, add some trans siberian orchestra style lighting, change costumes, add some more edgy songs, but to fire the band to freshen up the show...I really dont think at this moment that was the best decision at all when so many other things could have been changed to "breathe fresh air into the show" To sack the very people Celine has worked with onstage for 10 20 almost 30 years is not the first thing to change! Whether I like it or not this is the decision that has been made. Apparently Celines management has some future vision for her and her career that does not include those wonderful people. I will say it again..if that is the decision they felt they had to do...they could have handeled this so much better. I really wish Celine had reached out to them a year ago and now I wish she did this time, but no it did not happen. Hopefully they will in the coming days. 5 Quote
minolli Posted March 10, 2015 at 08:15 PM Posted March 10, 2015 at 08:15 PM On the one hand, I am pretty shocked by this -- I never thought Celine would let Mégo go -- and it is difficult to hear that apparently it hasn't been handled with much compassion or thoughtfulness. It may be "just business," but when it involves people that have traveled the world with you for decades, it seems like they would have earned a personal conversation at the very least! It does feel kind of disrespectful, and I hope this is not the way that Aldo will handle Celine's career in general. On the other hand, it probably will be a good thing to get some new people, new ideas, and new energy surrounding Celine. We've all been saying for years that her career has been on autopilot mode, in terms of song choices for shows, song arrangements, promotional efforts, even her style choices, etc., so maybe they will take all of this change and get something fresh and exciting from it. 7 Quote http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lsg43qJH1b1qa4phqo1_400.jpg
CelineDionForeverNY Posted March 10, 2015 at 08:15 PM Posted March 10, 2015 at 08:15 PM I agree..it could have been freshened or reinvigorated with the current band and musicians just as much as with anyone else. They did NOT need to fire them. If they want to freshen up the show how about putting some new and better songs in the show, better lighting, better background videos, change the introduction video from 5 years ago, add some pyro, add some trans siberian orchestra style lighting, change costumes, add some more edgy songs, but to fire the band to freshen up the show...I really dont think at this moment that was the best decision at all when so many other things could have been changed to "breathe fresh air into the show" The problem is I, along with many fans of Celine, have been waiting for these changes since probably the beginning of the show. We've always said that we needed new songs, new arrangements, to change the intro video, to change dresses. When songs like LCMM still sound like they did twenty years ago, when songs like TPOL, IACBTMN, and BYLM are always shortened, when she's always wearing blazers for the last decade, Celine's musical direction and overall team, I feel, have not really evolved at all in the last decade. If they weren't going to change it for the last ten or twenty years, they weren't going to change it now. I've been waiting for too long. I'm ready for a major change. 6 Quote http://i.imgur.com/dQ1vYVz.jpgMais qui peut dire, qu’il peut vivre sans amour, qui?
Popular Post Peppercorn1991 Posted March 10, 2015 at 08:16 PM Popular Post Posted March 10, 2015 at 08:16 PM This is sad news! But I really can't help thinking this is for the better! We will see! Excited something is happening! Kev x 10 Quote
contre5nature Posted March 10, 2015 at 08:21 PM Posted March 10, 2015 at 08:21 PM I highly doubt she would have been approving of a 5 minute send off though. The musicians are publicly thanking Celine and Rene for a beautiful 20+ years. I agree with you! Both Mego and Jean Seb thanks Celine and Rene. If you are so angry / upset as they seem you don't thank. In my opinion they seem angry more with the new manager and team. Yes, Celine must have some right to decide, but maybe she couldn't do different. Anyway I think that we don't know the whole story, so before judging is better wait an official news. I'm sure there is a good reason for all that! Obviously I feel very sorry and sad for this news, because they were really great! Anyway!!! Something is finally moving and I'm very excited!! Can't wait for her return!!!! :clap: 2 Quote
ryba Posted March 10, 2015 at 08:24 PM Posted March 10, 2015 at 08:24 PM Yes, I'm optimistic! I hope they will even exceed our expectations 6 Quote
DionFanAlways Posted March 10, 2015 at 08:25 PM Posted March 10, 2015 at 08:25 PM I'm so curious about their new strategy and the revamp of the show!!!It'll be Celine, center stage, one spotlight, strumming a guitar, singing all her almost hits. Yep can see it now! 1 Quote I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
QueenCeline87 Posted March 10, 2015 at 08:37 PM Posted March 10, 2015 at 08:37 PM I can't believe how badly this seems to have been handled by her team!! I feel so bad for everyone who have been let go!!I'm looking forward to seeing what's ahead but I just don't see why they couldn't change things up but still keep the band together!! 2 Quote http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_-RQtOAL6F2I/TAZl-_MB2AI/AAAAAAAAAiI/bkJK6a44q3o/s1600/celine-dion-goodbyes-the-saddest-word.jpg
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.