DionFanAlways Posted March 10, 2015 at 09:58 PM Posted March 10, 2015 at 09:58 PM (edited) I would imagine egos were very much checked. To say the least. I do not think some of the people upset were upset about not seeing her band, or trying to say people would stop being fans because she fired her band, but more how it was all handled in light of how long they worked together. Of course, what do I know, this board could be replete with die hard Mego fans who went to Vegas for the "pleasure in every measure joke." Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk I soooo looked forward to that skit every time!! Edited March 10, 2015 at 10:02 PM by DionFanAlways 1 Quote I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
cobra74 Posted March 10, 2015 at 10:09 PM Posted March 10, 2015 at 10:09 PM I think that one of reasons of layoffs is the fact that the band would do almost nothing and that they would waste money, instruments and time especially. I think that also affected Celine's career too so maybe they let them go to cut the pressure on both sides WHAT? Now these guys were dead weight? Sent from Astonished using Tapatalk 2 Quote "Better to die on one's feet than to live on one's knees."
Popular Post Javier_Natalio Posted March 10, 2015 at 10:12 PM Popular Post Posted March 10, 2015 at 10:12 PM (edited) Mego being let go, I understand. Being musical director to her shows, I hold him responsible for the dissapointing arrangements that meant cool new songs did not translate well onto the stage. Call me cold blooded, but I've been waiting for this move for a long time. As for the rest of the band, I can only assume being on the payroll for so many years had turned them into quite the burden... i mean, can you imagine all the raises over the years? They were surely being paid handsomely.Having said that, I wish Celine and Rene get in contact with all of them ASAP to repair some of the damage caused by the mishandling of the situation, it´s not too late. Edited March 10, 2015 at 10:15 PM by Javier_Natalio 8 Quote
Popular Post stevo Posted March 10, 2015 at 10:13 PM Author Popular Post Posted March 10, 2015 at 10:13 PM (edited) I want Celine to be excited to perform again. I don't think she has been since Vegas began. Sur les Plaines, Une Seule Fois...they were dead to me. When you see the footage of her behind the scenes after those shows, after she's just performed for however many thousands of people, it's as if she has just ordered a Big Mac Meal on her lunch break- no big deal- emotionless, fed up, and unexcited. That is sad. Bring on the changes. I will always be fond of Mego and Co- how could we not be? But Celine has lots of years ahead of her and I think a lot of us agree that over the past decade, things have been worsening in terms of integrity, quality, marketing, music and general enthusiasm. If these changes are going to turn that decline around, then so be it. I love Celine and have followed her every move for 20 years: not just because she is a 'nice' person and employed the same people for 30 years, but because she's the best singer in the world. I am fierce in my criticism of her, but I also firecely promote her and want her to continue being the best. Edited March 10, 2015 at 10:15 PM by stevo 13 Quote
cobra74 Posted March 10, 2015 at 10:13 PM Posted March 10, 2015 at 10:13 PM The majority of her fans couldn't pick her band out from a lineup. I don't consider myself a super fan but I could. Just stick any of her live show DVD's in and there they are. Sent from Loyalty Matters using Tapatalk 2 Quote "Better to die on one's feet than to live on one's knees."
NicoNV Posted March 10, 2015 at 10:15 PM Posted March 10, 2015 at 10:15 PM (edited) In attempt to help people without time to go through every page. To summarize, we have for consideration: A. The band was everything. B. The band was dead weight, do nothing's. C. The band was a combination of the two, but now are not needed. D. There is a chance Aldo hates everyone.E. There is a chance Aldo loves everyone so much he risked hatred for a better result long term. F. Celine and Rene were rude, disloyal individuals. G. Celine and Rene were not rude, possibly not disloyal, but lacked tact. Loyalty doesn't matter anyway, this is business. H. This is great news.I. This is the worst news ever. J. This was all Aldo's fault, at best Celine was consulted but she lacked power to do anything about it. K. This was Celine's fault. She has all the power. L. Aldo handled it poorlyM. There is no counter point to L. We all pretty much agree Aldo handled this horribly. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Edited March 10, 2015 at 10:16 PM by NicoNV 5 Quote
stevo Posted March 10, 2015 at 10:18 PM Author Posted March 10, 2015 at 10:18 PM N. Mariah is recruiting experienced musicians for new residency 6 Quote
NicoNV Posted March 10, 2015 at 10:20 PM Posted March 10, 2015 at 10:20 PM O. This is due to CP's financial problems. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Quote
cobra74 Posted March 10, 2015 at 10:24 PM Posted March 10, 2015 at 10:24 PM L. Aldo handled it poorlyM. There is no counter point to L. We all pretty much agree Aldo handled this horribly. ^THIS Sent from A No Longer Needed 'Old Fan' using Tapatalk 2 2 Quote "Better to die on one's feet than to live on one's knees."
isurrender Posted March 10, 2015 at 10:27 PM Posted March 10, 2015 at 10:27 PM All this fuss for 4 musicians? Do you know how many times a singer can change musicians of his band during his career without even telling fans? Jezzz... It's not about family and loyalty and trust. You can hire a member of your own family for your bussiness but still fire him if he's not good enough! And fact is... maybe Céline took advantage of her rest to check what's going on elsewhere. Don't know... because the fact is : her band was not good at all! Mego never brought a single change/idea in arrangements, they even made them worse ( i.e : Taking Chances). Maybe Céline/René didn't want to ( maybe...) but you can't just do the same things over and over for more than 20 years just for "loyalty". If they were really good musicians , they should/must have been frustrated. So yes, maybe after 30 years ( don't we say "better late then never"?), she realized that she had a really poor band (because she had...they were good but really passives). There are really talented and creative musicians out there. I'm pretty sure this change is for the better . 3 Quote
J-Man Posted March 10, 2015 at 10:33 PM Posted March 10, 2015 at 10:33 PM (edited) Who is this person? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Sorry. I thought people would spot the joke, the clues is in the Twitter name. Just trying to throw a bit of light relief into this gloomy depressing day. Edited March 10, 2015 at 10:38 PM by J-Man 3 Quote http://www.powerofthemusic.com/other/FORUMSIG1.png
Javier_Natalio Posted March 10, 2015 at 10:36 PM Posted March 10, 2015 at 10:36 PM they even made them worse ( i.e : Taking Chances).. YES that is the best example that comes to mind when trying to exemplify Mego´s incompetence. Quote
cobra74 Posted March 10, 2015 at 10:37 PM Posted March 10, 2015 at 10:37 PM All this fuss for 4 musicians? Do you know how many times a singer can change musicians of his band during his career without even telling fans? Jezzz... It's not about family and loyalty and trust. You can hire a member of your own family for your bussiness but still fire him if he's not good enough! And fact is... maybe Céline took advantage of her rest to check what's going on elsewhere. Don't know... because the fact is : her band was not good at all! Mego never brought a single change/idea in arrangements, they even made them worse ( i.e : Taking Chances). Maybe Céline/René didn't want to ( maybe...) but you can't just do the same things over and over for more than 20 years just for "loyalty". If they were really good musicians , they should/must have been frustrated. So yes, maybe after 30 years ( don't we say "better late then never"?), she realized that she had a really poor band (because she had...they were good but really passives). There are really talented and creative musicians out there. I'm pretty sure this change is for the better . Wow. I am absolutely speechless. Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2 Quote "Better to die on one's feet than to live on one's knees."
NicoNV Posted March 10, 2015 at 10:39 PM Posted March 10, 2015 at 10:39 PM (edited) People shouldn't be rude to anyone who lost their job today, regardless of how people feel. Mego worked with her for 28 years, and she sent a third party to fire him. Jean-Seb has worked for 12 years, he was gone in 8 minutes. Her musicians have said Celine and Rene haven't reached out to anyone. Loyalty may not have a place in business (though reasonable minds can disagree on that), Rene was called the personification of loyalty (by Julie Snyder, as recently as the Sans Attendre tour). I think that is the sticking point. There is no reason for anyone to call people incompetent. I would imagine the people fired today were quite hurt. Maybe all the negative talk about them can hold off for at least a day? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Edited March 10, 2015 at 10:42 PM by NicoNV 2 Quote
Del Posted March 10, 2015 at 10:42 PM Posted March 10, 2015 at 10:42 PM Annie, Mego, André, Yves, and JS, what's next ? Celine. Now that they have the hologram there's no need to have the real one on stage I am sorry to say that the only person who is responsible about that is Celine herself ! The administration and management plays a much bigger role than we think. They are the ones behind everything including the financial books. They deserved a little bit more than a "We did not renew their contract. We want change. We thank them. Best of luck!" Aldo, Celine, and Rene. Not to sound harsh, but business is business. There's no room in business for emotions. You put emotions in business decisions and you fail. money could be part of the answer... I thought the exact same. Being part of her team for so long could mean huge paychecks and they might be trying to reduce costs. Exactly! I'd guarantee that out of the 3 million fans who saw Celine worldwide on the Taking Chances tour about 1% of them went because of the band and the show. Everyone else went to see Celine and only Celine! I know I was there to see the band an no one else. I'm sure it was the same for you haha N. Mariah is recruiting experienced musicians for new residency Almost choked on my supper reading this. haha 5 Quote Instagram: @delphis78
CelineDionForeverNY Posted March 10, 2015 at 10:42 PM Posted March 10, 2015 at 10:42 PM Sorry. I thought people would spot the joke, the clues is in the Twitter name. Just trying to throw a bit of light relief into this gloomy depressing day. Ah, I just got it now. 2 Quote http://i.imgur.com/dQ1vYVz.jpgMais qui peut dire, qu’il peut vivre sans amour, qui?
Javier_Natalio Posted March 10, 2015 at 10:51 PM Posted March 10, 2015 at 10:51 PM People shouldn't be rude to anyone who lost their job today, regardless of how people feel. Mego worked with her for 28 years, and she sent a third party to fire him. Jean-Seb has worked for 12 years, he was gone in 8 minutes. Her musicians have said Celine and Rene haven't reached out to anyone. Loyalty may not have a place in business (though reasonable minds can disagree on that), Rene was called the personification of loyalty (by Julie Snyder, as recently as the Sans Attendre tour). I think that is the sticking point. There is no reason for anyone to call people incompetent. I would imagine the people fired today were quite hurt. Maybe all the negative talk about them can hold off for at least a day? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk It's not like he died. I agree that the situation was mishandled, and I feel for anyone losing their job, but I agree with the desition itself. Quote
incognito Posted March 10, 2015 at 10:56 PM Posted March 10, 2015 at 10:56 PM It's too soon for "Goodbye, Mego" jokes right? I feel sad for them that they lost their jobs but I think ultimately the right decision was made. Aldo needs to go on an HR /PR course. ASAP. 3 Quote
Davey84 Posted March 10, 2015 at 11:01 PM Posted March 10, 2015 at 11:01 PM (edited) I don't agree with keeping Mego responsible for bad arrangements! René is the one who always wanted album versions! And I am sorry but did anyone actually LISTENED to the music of USF?! Those arrangements for Je crois toi, Je Sais pas and PAMP were amazing! The medley of IACBTMN and TPOL was the best he could do with the played to death songs (cos rené wants to keep them in!) Have you heard Mego's new flamingo on TCWT?! Or the musical pieces he wrote for AND but they were cut because Ceasars thought the show was too long that kept people from gambling?! Sure some songs were not the best live, but the guy is a musical genius! He wasn't kept on for 28 years if he wasn't! Celine has a great chemistry with André! Le destin, at 17, declaration of love.... They were always flirting! I loved that! And Yves... He is such a nice guy! Real friendly!! I am all for change, and this might be a good thing on the long run... but for now I think the way it is handled is terrible and they don't deserve that after all those years. And I do believe they are also a big part of Céline s succes. Because they provided a steady work environment for her that kept her safe (life wise no drugs drinking etc) and grounded too. I always felt it spoke highly for her, that her band stayed with her through tick and thin! And that they always spoke so highly of her! It showed that Céline wasn't a big diva in real life and that she cared for the people that surrounds her. I am disappointed by Céline. The least she could have done is reach out to them. Maybe she is too chicken... but that doesn't make it right. Some might not care much about these guys. But for me this episode put a real dent in my image of Céline. Edited March 10, 2015 at 11:04 PM by Davey84 7 Quote http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v75/daveyh84/incognito198701_zpsaaootxh1.jpgRick, ik hou van jou voor altijd!A New Day... has come 28/29 April & 2/3 May 07Antwerpen 13 et 14 mai,Paris 24 et 25 mai, Amsterdam 2 juinet Arras 7 juillet Chances Taken!!!How Do You Keep The Music Playing? - Celine Opening Night March 15th, March 16th
fikus1 Posted March 10, 2015 at 11:02 PM Posted March 10, 2015 at 11:02 PM I think it might turn out pretty well :-) Most of us were fed up with Celine singing the same songs with the same arrangements for so many years...Maybe it will change now? Personally, I think she needs some fresh air.Of course I feel sorry for her musicians...they are totally brilliant, but...everything is about Celine after all.I'm wondering if she will give any explanation about this whole situation after coming back... 2 Quote
nuts2you Posted March 10, 2015 at 11:04 PM Posted March 10, 2015 at 11:04 PM To anyone who wishes to voice their disappointment; info@feelingprod.com Quote
NicoNV Posted March 10, 2015 at 11:08 PM Posted March 10, 2015 at 11:08 PM (edited) To anyone who wishes to voice their disappointment; info@feelingprod.com The problem with this suggestion is it implies the company would care. They've moved on past the decision about a minute after it was made. It would help them to get something else in the news cycle for fans to discuss. If not, this story will likely just keep building among fans. Maybe Aldo tried that with the part of his statement about her returning at some point, with no confirmed dates? If so, then that would also be a fail and I second Icognito's suggestion about PR classes. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Edited March 10, 2015 at 11:11 PM by NicoNV Quote
stevo Posted March 10, 2015 at 11:09 PM Author Posted March 10, 2015 at 11:09 PM This may sound insensitive- but I truly do believe out of something unfortunate or bad, always, always comes something positive and good. I really believe there is going to be a recharged energy around her- there has to be. And how could there be, time after time, tour after tour, song after song with the same people for 30 years? How can it be kept fresh? I wish we weren't hearing that the musicians are upset and that they received phonecalls to dismiss them- that is terrible and I do agree, a terrible way to treat any employees- I do trust that Celine will be in contact with these four musicians that we've heard about. But HOW CAN YOU KEEP THE MUSIC PLAYING when it seems no-one wants to play the music? It has become stale. 4 Quote
rhapsodion Posted March 10, 2015 at 11:10 PM Posted March 10, 2015 at 11:10 PM For those who criticize celine for not reaching out to the members that have been let go, i guess we could wait and see. I for myself, with all these years following celine, i just can't imagine how celine will just leave those ppl without saying goodbye or showing her appreciation. I have high confidence that she and rene will do that, they will do it at the moment they feel is right. 2 Quote
stevo Posted March 10, 2015 at 11:10 PM Author Posted March 10, 2015 at 11:10 PM To anyone who wishes to voice their disappointment; info@feelingprod.com ...or approval and support 3 Quote
NicoNV Posted March 10, 2015 at 11:12 PM Posted March 10, 2015 at 11:12 PM (edited) ...or approval and support I think money spent, or not spent, on show tickets or albums, would be more effective than emails. Not all of her fans are going to walk away. Some, myself included, are disappointed. That doesn't mean walk away entirely. They just want to sell product anyway, so in the long run it won't matter how people feel about it (good or bad), as long as the money keeps coming in. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Edited March 10, 2015 at 11:15 PM by NicoNV Quote
browseceline Posted March 10, 2015 at 11:15 PM Posted March 10, 2015 at 11:15 PM I don't agree with keeping Mego responsible for bad arrangements! René is the one who always wanted album versions! And I am sorry but did anyone actually LISTENED to the music of USF?! Those arrangements for Je crois toi, Je Sais pas and PAMP were amazing! The medley of IACBTMN and TPOL was the best he could do with the played to death songs (cos rené wants to keep them in!) Have you heard Mego's new flamingo on TCWT?! Or the musical pieces he wrote for AND but they were cut because Ceasars thought the show was too long that kept people from gambling?! Sure some songs were not the best live, but the guy is a musical genius! He wasn't kept on for 28 years if he wasn't! Celine has a great chemistry with André! Le destin, at 17, declaration of love.... They were always flirting! I loved that! And Yves... He is such a nice guy! Real friendly!! I am all for change, and this might be a good thing on the long run... but for now I think the way it is handled is terrible and they don't deserve that after all those years. And I do believe they are also a big part of Céline s succes. Because they provided a steady work environment for her that kept her safe (life wise no drugs drinking etc) and grounded too. I always felt it spoke highly for her, that her band stayed with her through tick and thin! And that they always spoke so highly of her! It showed that Céline wasn't a big diva in real life and that she cared for the people that surrounds her. I am disappointed by Céline. The least she could have done is reach out to them. Maybe she is too chicken... but that doesn't make it right. Some might not care much about these guys. But for me this episode put a real dent in my image of Céline. I do agree most of the songs were done very well. And I think it is indeed harsh how this was done and I do not recognise Celine in this. She is not like this..there must be more that we do not know.. 2 Quote <iframe width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hl2XkxnYljg" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
DionFanAlways Posted March 10, 2015 at 11:18 PM Posted March 10, 2015 at 11:18 PM There is an article in the LV Sun about her return and the band. No date yet! (For some reason I can't copy from my phone) Quote I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
Bralo20 Posted March 10, 2015 at 11:19 PM Posted March 10, 2015 at 11:19 PM money could be part of the answer... Sure, for Sony maybe but for Celine and Rene? Their combined net worth is estimated over 1 billion USD... Don't think they care about a few hundreds of thousands (even a couple of million) a year more or less... 1 Quote ...
Angel2006 Posted March 10, 2015 at 11:20 PM Posted March 10, 2015 at 11:20 PM I have always supported all Celine's decisions over the years, but this news blows me away and I can't imagine how Celine, as the person we know she is could ever do a thing like this? I'm so confused and thrown for a loop right now. This doesn't even seem like Celine. Everything I know about her character would not do a thing like this. I just doesn't make sense. I know change happens at some point, but the way it was dealt with is what bothers me. It just seem so cold. I'm so confused and don't know what to think. I want to believe Celine didn't have any part in this, but she must have known about the firing. I know we don't know all the detail yet. There must be a legit reason why this happened. I mean, she's been with some of these band members for almost 30 years. To fire them like this without any warning or heads up is strange Has Celine's team spoke out about this yet? There has to be an answer to why this happened. If her team doesn't speak out about this, then something must be horribly wrong. 1 Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.