Jump to content

Jean Seb Carre, Claude "Mego" Lemay, André Coutu and Yves Frulla Fired, Marc Langis leaves to work for Conservatoire.


Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Actually this is kind of funny when you think about it.

 

"Insiders believe that as Celine plans the new and refreshed show for her return, it was necessary to give it a new and updated feel and new sound and at the same time cut production and staging costs."

 

I wonder whether they also fired the 31 piece orchestra people. Probably they did. If not, If would have been weird to keep the 31 piece orchestra people and fire the key members of the band

Edited by ryba
  • Like 2
post-5889-0-11519200-1681245149_thumb.jpg

Posted
what a changes :-S is something big on its way?
<iframe width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hl2XkxnYljg" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Posted
I work with a close college friend of one of the violinists in the orchestra. As of yesterday the orchestra as far as she knew had not been told anything. She asked her friend and that is what she said but with the latest news she said no one knows.
  • Like 3
Posted
I think now the shock is over, now there's anxiety over how the new band/show will be...
  • Like 1

I didn't know love until they loved me back to life because somebody loves somebody!

Le temps qui compte pour Celine est maintenant! post-26465-0-84517800-1427302581_thumb.gif

Posted

According to LaPresse.ca, Dave Platel (Music Management and Supervisor) also left Celine's team.

 

http://www.lapresse.ca/arts/musique/201503/10/01-4851098-celine-dion-vire-quatre-musiciens.php

 

Good. He's the uninformed one who told Celine all her fans are unbalanced because they are attached to her long hair and when she cuts it we lose the only stability in our lives.

  • Like 3
Posted

 

 

Good. He's the uninformed one who told Celine all her fans are unbalanced because they are attached to her long hair and when she cuts it we lose the only stability in our lives.

What?! Wow. :wtf:

  • Like 2

I didn't know love until they loved me back to life because somebody loves somebody!

Le temps qui compte pour Celine est maintenant! post-26465-0-84517800-1427302581_thumb.gif

Posted (edited)
According to LaPresse.ca, Dave Platel (Music Management and Supervisor) also left Celine's team.

 

http://www.lapresse.ca/arts/musique/201503/10/01-4851098-celine-dion-vire-quatre-musiciens.php

 

 

Not his year. First, Aldi takes a job people thought Dave might get, or play a bigger role. Second, Aldi fires him.

 

 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by NicoNV
  • Like 1
Posted

 

Good. He's the uninformed one who told Celine all her fans are unbalanced because they are attached to her long hair and when she cuts it we lose the only stability in our lives.

 

When she fired her band, several of us did go on a posting tirade. So, he may have only been slightly off.....

 

 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  • Like 1
Posted (edited)

 

What?! Wow. :wtf:

 

Don't worry. She is a good person so she put her wig on so we could get out of the asylum. Thanks Dave!

Edited by incognito
  • Like 4
Posted
I'm not sure how to comment the latests news... I'll probably get over this in time but now I feel disappointed. People who have been by her side for such a long time leave now. Her management does it? Yeah, right. But she knows. And agrees. Why?
  • Like 3
16 YEARS A FORUM MEMBER
Posted

It does feel like they are firing so many people Rene trusted for so long. Maybe Aldi wants his own team in place, and not one so associated with Rene?

 

 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  • Like 2
Posted

It does feel like they are firing so many people Rene trusted for so long. Maybe Aldi wants his own team in place, and not one so associated with Rene?

 

 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

 

Celine fired Rene!!!!!!!

 

So many wanted change. Well, it's happening.

  • Like 3
Posted

When she fired her band, several of us did go on a posting tirade. So, he may have only been slightly off.....

 

 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

 

C

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hl2XkxnYljg" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Posted (edited)

Good. He's the uninformed one who told Celine all her fans are unbalanced because they are attached to her long hair and when she cuts it we lose the only stability in our lives.

 

Who knows what they have in store for us...maybe Celine with a shaved neck and a mohawk and a trashy Rihanna-like outfit? oh please not haha

Edited by browseceline
<iframe width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hl2XkxnYljg" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Posted
I see a contradiction here. Few paragraphs above you stated that it was her dedication to husband, family and fans that made you put her above everyone else. You took notice of her connection with her crew later according to your post. So why now the loss of this connection is enough to make Celine seem like all the rest? What about the other factors that made you a big fan in the first place? They are still here.

 

I simply was comparing the Céline of the past with this 'new and improved' version so many are happy with...contradiction was the point.

 

It's like getting slapped every time one thinks things are going to improve. Even if Céline becomes the biggest thing since the Beatles because of this change, I will still have this bitter taste in my mouth. That's just me, right or wrong.

 

As stated all along, I wish Céline all the best and all the success she could ever dream of and I will be along for the ride every step of the way. But some of the innocence that brought me into the fold is gone forever. No matter how anyone else sees that, I am saddened.

 

Enjoy the party. I think I'll just take a pass for now.

 

Sent from me using Tapatalk 2

 

post-28628-142607597674_thumb.jpg

  • Like 1
"Better to die on one's feet than to live on one's knees."
Posted (edited)

Anyway...a "new image" is fine! But I hope she remain with her class and elegance that I love so so much and that distinguishes her from many of other artists of these years!

 

Edited by sunshania
  • Like 2
Posted

 

 

Don't worry. She is a good person so she put her wig on so we could get out of the asylum. Thanks Dave!

Hahaha yeah :laugh:

I didn't know love until they loved me back to life because somebody loves somebody!

Le temps qui compte pour Celine est maintenant! post-26465-0-84517800-1427302581_thumb.gif

Posted

Yes. Maybe Aldo suspended her for 12 months.

:roflmao: Spit out my coffee laughing so hard reading this, omg!!
  • Like 2
I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
Posted
Are the business, real world, many people go through this every day in their lives, the layoffs are part of the management of enterprises, Celine is a company, this is not the first time that they change the band, that already happened before ja with some members, remember that the end of 1997 some people left the band, and has many other people who have left over the years that have passed, all part of the system is so sad, the more they think it will give a new air Celine music, I also agree, arrangements were the same for years, some songs became not live. This happens with many artists, Beyonce changed his whole band, beyond other artists too, I do not understand this whole reaction of the people, is part of the business, unfortunately. You need to change yes, I agree, all of us here we speak we wanted change and they are coming, Celine needs a new air, a long time the decisions on singles, videos, music choices was not working, so they get fresh air.
  • Like 2
Posted

I think it is perfectly ok to change the band... Celine is not a band... is a singer/performance.... if a new band comes with new ideas it is PERFECT!!!! as some have said.... the arrangements has been stuck since years....

 

New air, new times! Perfect!

 

Mego and company... it was a great time, thanks, bye!

 

(I don't want to be mean but for example Mego was lika a robot on the concerts, specially with the All by Myself piano solo...)

  • Like 1
Posted

Well maybe people should wait and see how things are when she's back before saying she's changed, career is over, not loyal anymore? Celine is what sells cds and shows. Not her band. I'm gutted like everyone but we want change. Now we're getting it. Her loyal band members were probably earning a lot. If they were gonna get rid of them to save money its better to do it at the end of their contract rather than having to fire them with a contract. And if rene had been bolder many years ago I reckon mego would have gone sooner. Its just like when Yves wasn't there for a while during AND. We all survived. When Peter Barbeau left we all survived. This has given celine and her team to make changes, financial situation of running the lv show, and for her career. Also how were they meant to be let go? How should it have been handled? Wined and dined celine crying saying she's so sorry etc? Celine has never been part of that process. Yes she knows about it etc but doesn't do it herself. And has any one of those that have been let go said they haven't heard from celine and rene? Like others have said maybe in a little while they will get in touch with them, if not already. Did she contact them all when she decided to take this break? No. She leaves all the business side to those who are paid to deal with it.

Ok. My little rant is over.

Yeah Aldo sacked celine because she was earning too much, hence the break. Then he realised who she was and realised his mistake! Has spent several months begging her to come back! LOL

I'm joking obviously!

  • Like 4
Posted
I feel something big is in the works.
  • Like 4

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff5/backup674/Banners/Image1.jpg

 

Posted

I bet he even wrote her up and it went into her personnel file...if Celine gets 3 write ups, then she's the next to go

 

Lmao

:sofunny:
I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
Posted

The more I think about it, the more I think Aldo didn't intend the public to know so soon. Mego's Facebook post was private - Jean-Seb's has already been deleted. But the fans picked up on the posts, the Celine fanworld went completely nuts, the newspapers started picking up on it, and Aldo had to backpedal and issue a statement.

 

This is SUCH a good point. If someone is let go, the worst thing that person can do is go on social media and *CENSORED* and moan about it. Mego and Jean-Seb posted their disappointment and frustration without thinking. They should NEVER have done such a thing - it's unprofessional; it makes them come off as childish. Many companies will have a clause in the employee's contract stating that they can not discuss such things on social media and/or, when they are let go, they have to wait an appropriate amount of time before discussing it in a public way. That may not have happened in this case, but it is still a good reminder to always think before you post about the company you work for!

  • Like 3
Posted
maybe Ken Ehrlich is next to go? He is stuck in old songs too. We need a more fresh approach;-)
  • Like 6
<iframe width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hl2XkxnYljg" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Posted

And indeed, why couldnt they hire new creative people that work along with the orginal band and revamp the music? Mego or Andre could easily change their style.. why not? It is indeed a very abrupt end of so many years collaboration..

 

Exactly, exactly!!! It's the creative people that should come up with new ideas and whoever else for different songs, It's not the musicians fault the same old songs are sung for years on end. They have thrown away a brilliant band, for people that have'nt done their work properly up front. That lot should be chucked out first. It's not the bands fault if the music or show is boring or whatever, they play what they are told.

 

Sharon.

  • Like 2

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...