Jump to content

Celine Dion on Jimmy Fallon - October 28


Recommended Posts

Posted
Omg. Stayed up 'till 12:35 but fell asleep just before it started. Woke up to her singing LMBTL! Her band and back ups were there because of the concert. Performance was good but couldn't hear her voice too well?
Posted
good night everyone, a pleasure watching in such company
  • Like 7
Plus qu'ailleurs , but now Si c'était à refaire , i still love tant de temps....
Posted
I can't sleep as well and I have to be up in 6 hrs lol
  • Like 1

"People pay 20-25 dollars to see you."

- Céline Dion, 1990

Posted
Just rewatched the game part, and apparently Celine didn't really know how the game works, but it was so cute of her repeating that "Caribbean" hint again. hahaha~
  • Like 1
Posted
So just watched it again and Jimmy said that Hugh and Kirk were the winners but that is NOT what the counter said lol!
  • Like 2
Posted
JImmy did an amazing job promoting the album, showing the vinyl, asking to pre-order nov 5th , so many times, I was like is he getting paid 5000 bucks every time he says it?! lol What an amazing show, loved this one much more than Ellen and kIMMEL... I always love people that love Celine, and the opposite works also, if you bash Celine , I'LL hate you. lol
  • Like 5
Posted

:mdr: Celine is too adorable! Wish she had more time on the interview. They had very good chemistry together. Jimmy really wants the album to be a success. :lol: Good on her to finally acknowledge Sans Attendre on the Today and Jimmy Fallon show.

 

Great performance but it's best suited in a concert setting.

  • Like 7

highfive.jpg

Please support the forum by ordering through our Amazon.com referral link below.

Click here to go to the Amazon homepage.

Posted (edited)
Did anyone else notice that BARNEV was missing? Just the 2 female backing vocals were there! :hmm: STRANGE I wonder where he is or of he will be at the NYC concert tomorrow? Edited by Nmj
  • Like 3
Posted

:mdr: Celine is too adorable! Wish she had more time on the interview. They had very good chemistry together. Jimmy really wants the album to be a success. :lol: Good on her to finally acknowledge Sans Attendre on the Today and Jimmy Fallon show.

 

Great performance but it's best suited in a concert setting.

I hope someone posts the interview part..I want to see that again lol! It was soo short, but soo good!

Posted (edited)

So I already loved Jimmy Fallon before this but honestly after this appearance I love him even more. Could not believe how much he was promoting the CD I loved it you can tell he's a huge fan.

 

Hope someone posts the interview and performance soon really wanna watch it again

Edited by Kristinaz
  • Like 2
Posted (edited)

JImmy did an amazing job promoting the album, showing the vinyl, asking to pre-order nov 5th , so many times, I was like is he getting paid 5000 bucks every time he says it?! lol What an amazing show, loved this one much more than Ellen and kIMMEL... I always love people that love Celine, and the opposite works also, if you bash Celine , I'LL hate you. lol

Like some of the people who have had there comments withheld on the youtube video...Lol! I'd kick that one guy in the face for what he said. Roadhouse!

Oh his comment is still there!!

Edited by littleames
Posted (edited)
Much better in my opinion. But this arrangement misses a lot in the refrain, makng it less powerful. I think some synths are missing. And in the guitar in the end does not do it for me at all. The song sounds a bit messy in the end of the song..I mean the guitars, the backgroundsingers are even a bit off time it sounds. Edited by browseceline
<iframe width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hl2XkxnYljg" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Posted

I am shocked at how good her band sounds. this is like a rockish version of the song, and it totally works

 

usually they are far too mild sounding but this was ON POINT. she looked like a hot mama and she sounded great. the only complaint was that she lowered the key but oh well \o/

  • Like 4
Posted (edited)

Maybe iI could not judge very well because i only listened to it through the speakers of my ipad mini..

Just listened to the song on my good speakers, and I have to say this sounds way better. Definately best performance of this song yet. But it still misses the power of the studio recording and I think that is because they lowered the key. Must be a hard song to sing live I guess. But she nailed it this time. Also compliments to the drummer, his drumming was quite similar to the original version.

But there is one thing they must take care of: keep the rhytm. This song has a consistent rhytm, making it sound tight as it is, but in this live version the tempo is not consistent the whole time, that is why in the end of the song the backgroundsingers sounded a bit later in timing

Edited by browseceline
  • Like 1
<iframe width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hl2XkxnYljg" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Posted

Lowered pitch... and the arrangement is totally new... like someone said its like a rock-ish version rather than the edm/dubstep version...

 

U cant hear the beat drops that much over all those rock sounds of the bass and electric guitar...

 

Personally i prefer the edm/dubstep version and in the original key... but well... at least this is like getting "remixed" version of the song... and at least she sings more comfortably this way...

  • Like 1
Posted
So watched it back again and it def was miles better then her other LMBTL tv performances
Posted (edited)

Lowered pitch... and the arrangement is totally new... like someone said its like a rock-ish version rather than the edm/dubstep version...

 

U cant hear the beat drops that much over all those rock sounds of the bass and electric guitar...

 

Personally i prefer the edm/dubstep version and in the original key... but well... at least this is like getting "remixed" version of the song... and at least she sings more comfortably this way...

 

yes this song needs that edm/dubstep feel, not a rock feel. And lowering the key takes away the power as well unfortunately.

To be honest, I hope they listen more closely to the orginal version if they want to recreate that feeling. Less prominent guitarsounds, more drumsound. I think, even though it all done good, it is not mindblowing like the Quebec performance and original arrangement. Hope this changes in Antwerp and Paris/

Edited by browseceline
  • Like 2
<iframe width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hl2XkxnYljg" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Posted
Oh I love Jimmy and Celine. And you Captain Kirk...yes it is all about Celine, I know you are jealous but hey, it's ok. Most people are!
Posted
Celine looked stunning on the show!! Loved her interview and performance!!!
  • Like 2

http://i477.photobucket.com/albums/rr140/Celineforeveranangel/6673.jpg

I love Celine!!!!!!!!!!

Posted
just watched her live performance on Jimmy. LOVED IT! She totally killed it and it's better for her to sing it live in a lower key for sure! One question, did anyone notice that Celine's mom was on keyboards? Ha ha!!!
  • Like 2
Posted

Just rewatched the game part, and apparently Celine didn't really know how the game works, but it was so cute of her repeating that "Caribbean" hint again. hahaha~

The other team would never have gotten "crazy" if it wasn't for Celine singing it back to them!!
Posted
It will be while 'til I'll be able to watch the performance. Can anyone tell me.. Did she crack like on Ellen or a bit off-key like on Kimmel?.. How was it compared to Quebec? :P thanks in advance!
Posted

Its been a long while since she last recounted her story about her first ever album being a stevie wonder album:

 

  • Like 1
Posted (edited)

Omg. Stayed up 'till 12:35 but fell asleep just before it started. Woke up to her singing LMBTL! Her band and back ups were there because of the concert. Performance was good but couldn't hear her voice too well?

 

Exactly. This time the arrangements sound much better but still something doesn't work. They were louder than Celine and less bombastic at the same time. Nevertheless, she sounded perfect!

Edited by anewdayhascome
A New Day... 10th & 11th November 2006 Taking Chances World Tour, Antwerp 13th & 14th May 2008, Kraków 28th June 2008 Celine 25th & 27th & 31st August 2013 20th, 23rd, 24th, 27th & 28th September 2016 Sans attendre Tour, Paris 1st & 5th December 2013 Encore un soir, Paris 24th, 25th, 28th, 29th June & 2nd, 3rd, 6th, 7th, 9th July 2016 Live 2017 Stockholm 17th June 2017 Lille 1st & 2nd July 2017 Paris 8th & 9th July 2017 Berlin 23rd & 24th July 2017 Live 2018 Taipei 11th & 13th July 2018 Manila 19th July 2018 Bangkok 23rd July 2018 BST Hyde Park London 5 July 2019
Posted (edited)

It will be while 'til I'll be able to watch the performance. Can anyone tell me.. Did she crack like on Ellen or a bit off-key like on Kimmel?.. How was it compared to Quebec? :P thanks in advance!

 

Nope, she was fine. It may have lost a little power because it's in a lower key, but she was on point.

 

Actually, the bridge here was the best she's ever done it imo, although obviously this is because it's in a lower key so it's much easier for her. It was so smooth for her to hit the note, dip down then go back up before transitioning to the head voice section. In Quebec it was a throaty scream that was fixed in post-production. In some of the other live TV performances she has trouble going back up to the original high note after the dip

 

Also, am I the only one who noticed the bunch of people in the back (besides her band and backup singers?). At first I thought they were just dancing but then I noticed they started to sing towards the climax. It gave it a LOT more energy imo.

 

Of course nothign can beat the original EDM/dubstep inspired arrangement from the studio track, but I don't think edm tracks by their nature can ever be properly translated into live performances. I think this is a step in the right direction for her team.

Edited by Your_Su_Phu
Posted

Exactly. This time the arrangements sound much better but still something doesn't work. They were louder than Celine and less bombastic at the same time. Nevertheless, she sounded perfect!

 

that is because bass and guitar were too loud and too much, so were the backing vocals

It will be while 'til I'll be able to watch the performance. Can anyone tell me.. Did she crack like on Ellen or a bit off-key like on Kimmel?.. How was it compared to Quebec? :P thanks in advance!

 

Only a bit in the highest note in the end. Maybe she should prerecord that big note, then she can do the whole song in normal key, would sound way better

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hl2XkxnYljg" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Posted (edited)

Only a bit in the highest note in the end. Maybe she should prerecord that big note, then she can do the whole song in normal key, would sound way better

 

I thought the high note at the bridge was perfect. You'll notice when it's easy for her she doesn't take a breath after "you never gave up on meeeee" and goes directly into the note. Actually in the 2 disastrous performances at Ellen and Kimmel, the highest note at the bridge was fine, it was the belts during the chorus that she cracked on...

Edited by Your_Su_Phu
  • Like 2

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...