québecflower Posted September 12, 2013 at 12:42 AM Posted September 12, 2013 at 12:42 AM (edited) Well, these are all American TV shows, and Sans Attendre is STILL not available in the US, so maybe that has something to do with it. I still can't understand why they don't release it here! i don'y understand it either, how hard can it be to put it online at the very least. Maybe they don't want U.S. people to think she has priviliged french over english, maybe..... Edited September 12, 2013 at 12:42 AM by québecflower 1 Quote Plus qu'ailleurs , but now Si c'était à refaire , i still love tant de temps....
Alex_Incognito Posted September 12, 2013 at 12:44 AM Posted September 12, 2013 at 12:44 AM I think it's because the last thing on Celine's mind is promoting her albums. She's there to have a good time and sing. 2 Quote "People pay 20-25 dollars to see you."- Céline Dion, 1990
littleames Posted September 12, 2013 at 12:47 AM Posted September 12, 2013 at 12:47 AM Check out her conveyor rack...imagine that filled with clothes OMG lolhttp://mmjelectric.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/Celine-Dion-conveyor-entrance-lights-and-mirror-e1301193443663.jpg Quote
Popular Post CelinesDIVO5 Posted September 12, 2013 at 12:50 AM Popular Post Posted September 12, 2013 at 12:50 AM People, I can't believe how harsh everyone has been today. This performance was rather good considering that she is (mentioned a million times) sick right now. Which means she was sick at Jimmy K as well. So much pessimism on this forum it's becoming unhealthy. You should check yourselves and work on making the glass half full. 9 Quote https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PL54qnRGM2gMatthew Charles - "Fix You" - Live at The Stonewall InnStonewall Sensation - Season 15Originally written and performed by Coldplay
chrisannabanana Posted September 12, 2013 at 12:56 AM Posted September 12, 2013 at 12:56 AM People, I can't believe how harsh everyone has been today. This performance was rather good considering that she is (mentioned a million times) sick right now. Which means she was sick at Jimmy K as well. So much pessimism on this forum it's becoming unhealthy. You should check yourselves and work on making the glass half full. I thought Ellen's performance today was actually VERY good. I was impressed.. I feel a sick throat actually helps with this song in making it raspy. You have to appreciate the fact that Celine is among very few artists who can turn their own recording into something completely different and give it another twist in a live performance. She's only getting better with each performance of LMBTL 1 Quote
Alex_Incognito Posted September 12, 2013 at 01:07 AM Posted September 12, 2013 at 01:07 AM It explains everything. People should keep calm or get medication that helps them to keep calm. 2 Quote "People pay 20-25 dollars to see you."- Céline Dion, 1990
CelinesDIVO5 Posted September 12, 2013 at 01:14 AM Posted September 12, 2013 at 01:14 AM It explains everything. People should keep calm or get medication that helps them to keep calm. Xanax anyone??? 4 Quote https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PL54qnRGM2gMatthew Charles - "Fix You" - Live at The Stonewall InnStonewall Sensation - Season 15Originally written and performed by Coldplay
littleames Posted September 12, 2013 at 01:22 AM Posted September 12, 2013 at 01:22 AM Xanax anyone???I can get some herbal xanax for everyone from a smoke shop around here 2 Quote
QueenCeline87 Posted September 12, 2013 at 01:33 AM Posted September 12, 2013 at 01:33 AM I can get some herbal xanax for everyone from a smoke shop around here I work in a pharmacy I could probably get the real deal!! lol 1 Quote http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_-RQtOAL6F2I/TAZl-_MB2AI/AAAAAAAAAiI/bkJK6a44q3o/s1600/celine-dion-goodbyes-the-saddest-word.jpg
littleames Posted September 12, 2013 at 01:47 AM Posted September 12, 2013 at 01:47 AM I work in a pharmacy I could probably get the real deal!! lolAnd you wouldn't be working there anymore haha 1 Quote
mebe Posted September 12, 2013 at 02:07 AM Posted September 12, 2013 at 02:07 AM I really liked the performance too!!! Quote
Koolan Posted September 12, 2013 at 02:36 AM Posted September 12, 2013 at 02:36 AM It was a fine performance, much better than Jimmy Kimmel. Some hiccups at the end but I'm sure she'll improve over time. Wish they would keep the guitar ending. I'll upload the full interview to youtube soon. 2 Quote Please support the forum by ordering through our Amazon.com referral link below. Click here to go to the Amazon homepage.
celinefanonline Posted September 12, 2013 at 02:43 AM Posted September 12, 2013 at 02:43 AM they just air this episode of ellen show here in Australia like rite now!! and i hope it will help a bit for Celine's new single here in australia!!! hopefully!!! plz loland what i thought of the performance well it's a bit shaky but i thought it's actually better than Jimmy one though!! and the high note was better too so yeah!! 2 Quote Courage don't you dare fail me now!
couldawouldashoulda Posted September 12, 2013 at 02:51 AM Posted September 12, 2013 at 02:51 AM I watched this live at 4pm and I wasn't at home so I was unable to post and now there are just too many pages for me to read *everything*. So, I apologize if what I'm saying has been said. My take on the performance (and Kimmel, and the song in general) is this: She needs to start lip-synching liiiii-iiiii-iiiiife. No human being can re-create that sound. There are other singers here on the board - what do you think of this? (that super sexy guy who sang it with the guitar didn't put it in a key that was similar to her top register). When Celine recorded the song, the producers used auto-tune on that note. That is the current pop sound today. All of these non-singers (singing songs written by Sia) can't actually sing and so they've been auto-tuned. Auto-tune has become the sound that is popular today. Celine was clearly auto-tuned on the track. And that's because holding those notes which go down with absolutely no vibrato is IMPOSSIBLE!!! Celine shouldn't even try. I know that she's been sick but that's not the reason. It simply can't be done. Even that Quebec performance got auto-tuned in post-production. It's just like Cher with Believe. Whenever she sang that in concert and it got to the auto-tuned part, she lip-synched it so that it sounded like it did on the radio. When the auto-tune was over, she went back to singing live. Watch Divas Live from 2002 and you'll see what I mean. I thought she sounded great today - other than when she cracked which was because of her illness. But the liiiiii-iiii-iiiife part has NEVER sounded good and never will. Auto-tune it!!!!! Quote
Popular Post celinefan1985 Posted September 12, 2013 at 02:53 AM Popular Post Posted September 12, 2013 at 02:53 AM For years most fans complained about her lypsynching. Over the last week, these same fans have done nothing but complain about her live singing. Very few "singers" could sing this song live as well as she can. It's a really hard song and not feeling 100% on top of it. I thought is was pretty good and she looked much more comfortable with the band than alone at JK. 12 Quote
LVCeline Posted September 12, 2013 at 03:00 AM Posted September 12, 2013 at 03:00 AM I think this performance was better in some parts than Kimmel. She wasn't as flat, it seems like she found the right key this time. She did struggle at the end a bit, but you could tell, and she admitted to, having some throat problems. The high note to falsetto was better this time for me. I love the falsetto being more prominent even if it's kind of to cover up holding the high note. I think people are being way too hard on her here. Her fans are by far the most critical of her. We nitpick and analyze and criticize every note she sings and every word that comes out of her mouth, even though most of us couldn't carry a tune in a bucket, let alone sing like Celine on her worst day. 3 Quote
Prima_Donna1 Posted September 12, 2013 at 03:05 AM Posted September 12, 2013 at 03:05 AM (edited) Wow it makes sense that Celine is/was sick! You could tell! I am glad that was covered. Honestly, she could have sang her a** off in that song if she wasn't sick or not in LA. Second I liked the interview. I just wish that Celine wouldn't talk about her love story anymore. I am tired of it. We and a lot of other people already know when they met, and how they bla bla. It's just repetitive. The same thing the long hair. What the heck? Who gives? Did you really have to ask Celine why she lets her kids hair grow long? What I am trying to say is enough with the repetitive stories and more on the things we don't know. Btw the falsetto is in the song and honestly I don't see anything wrong with her hitting a falsetto. This is just my annoyed two pennies on this post. Edited September 12, 2013 at 03:09 AM by Prima_Donna1 2 Quote Apprends-Moi tes Secrets...http://i789.photobucket.com/albums/yy180/miss_daly2881/post-1110-0-56076900-1358706235_thumb.jpg
gafsa Posted September 12, 2013 at 03:23 AM Posted September 12, 2013 at 03:23 AM After what she gave us in Quebec this performance semms awful. Seems like it's hard for her to sing, i think she's ill.i hope she can take a rest because i believe she's not loosing her voice she just not in a good shape. Quote
Koolan Posted September 12, 2013 at 03:47 AM Posted September 12, 2013 at 03:47 AM 2 Quote Please support the forum by ordering through our Amazon.com referral link below. Click here to go to the Amazon homepage.
Nmj Posted September 12, 2013 at 04:18 AM Posted September 12, 2013 at 04:18 AM (edited) I watched this live at 4pm and I wasn't at home so I was unable to post and now there are just too many pages for me to read *everything*. So, I apologize if what I'm saying has been said. My take on the performance (and Kimmel, and the song in general) is this: She needs to start lip-synching liiiii-iiiii-iiiiife. No human being can re-create that sound. There are other singers here on the board - what do you think of this? (that super sexy guy who sang it with the guitar didn't put it in a key that was similar to her top register). When Celine recorded the song, the producers used auto-tune on that note. That is the current pop sound today. All of these non-singers (singing songs written by Sia) can't actually sing and so they've been auto-tuned. Auto-tune has become the sound that is popular today. Celine was clearly auto-tuned on the track. And that's because holding those notes which go down with absolutely no vibrato is IMPOSSIBLE!!! Celine shouldn't even try. I know that she's been sick but that's not the reason. It simply can't be done. Even that Quebec performance got auto-tuned in post-production. It's just like Cher with Believe. Whenever she sang that in concert and it got to the auto-tuned part, she lip-synched it so that it sounded like it did on the radio. When the auto-tune was over, she went back to singing live. Watch Divas Live from 2002 and you'll see what I mean. I thought she sounded great today - other than when she cracked which was because of her illness. But the liiiiii-iiii-iiiife part has NEVER sounded good and never will. Auto-tune it!!!!!I watched this live at 4pm and I wasn't at home so I was unable to post and now there are just too many pages for me to read *everything*. So, I apologize if what I'm saying has been said. My take on the performance (and Kimmel, and the song in general) is this: She needs to start lip-synching liiiii-iiiii-iiiiife. No human being can re-create that sound. There are other singers here on the board - what do you think of this? (that super sexy guy who sang it with the guitar didn't put it in a key that was similar to her top register). When Celine recorded the song, the producers used auto-tune on that note. That is the current pop sound today. All of these non-singers (singing songs written by Sia) can't actually sing and so they've been auto-tuned. Auto-tune has become the sound that is popular today. Celine was clearly auto-tuned on the track. And that's because holding those notes which go down with absolutely no vibrato is IMPOSSIBLE!!! Celine shouldn't even try. I know that she's been sick but that's not the reason. It simply can't be done. Even that Quebec performance got auto-tuned in post-production. It's just like Cher with Believe. Whenever she sang that in concert and it got to the auto-tuned part, she lip-synched it so that it sounded like it did on the radio. When the auto-tune was over, she went back to singing live. Watch Divas Live from 2002 and you'll see what I mean. I thought she sounded great today - other than when she cracked which was because of her illness. But the liiiiii-iiii-iiiife part has NEVER sounded good and never will. Auto-tune it!!!!! Some fans here amaze me! We had endless conversations in this very forum of how people HATE when she lips a song, and then the lady sings LIVE and people still complain, it's kind of irritating . BTW the only part of this song of which is "heavily autoned" is the word "from" in the phrase "from the coma". Edited September 12, 2013 at 04:20 AM by Nmj 7 Quote
couldawouldashoulda Posted September 12, 2013 at 04:20 AM Posted September 12, 2013 at 04:20 AM Some fans here amaze me! We had endless conversations in this very forum of how people HATE when she lips a song, and then the lady sings LIVE and people still complain, it's kind of irritating . BTW the only part of this song of which is "heavily autoned" is the word "from" in the phrase "from the coma". You make a good point except that I'm not one of those people who complain about her lip-synching. I understand why she does it, when she does it. So why doesn't she do it now??!!!!! This song is not the time to stop! LOL Quote
shadow_of_celine Posted September 12, 2013 at 04:33 AM Posted September 12, 2013 at 04:33 AM let me say 4 words... I love this woman, she is amazing, that performance, definitely it's not one of my favorites or I must say it's not what we are used to from Celine, but she is still the best (: Quote http://i347.photobucket.com/albums/p475/em_gaby/Celine%20Dion%20Creations/tour.jpg
chawatak Posted September 12, 2013 at 04:38 AM Posted September 12, 2013 at 04:38 AM (edited) I'm so IMPRESSED with the comments/feedbacks from general public. The more I keep reading the comments on Youtube, the more I am proud of her. And see the LIKES! Almost 100% like her performace. So this means her "quite good" performance in the eyes of fans can be a "very good" performance in the eyes of general public. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=109KRGCKABc Edited September 12, 2013 at 04:38 AM by chawatak 5 Quote LISTEN TO NEW SONG"Flying On My Own" ON REPEAT!!!> https://vimeo.com/328324551
Nmj Posted September 12, 2013 at 04:38 AM Posted September 12, 2013 at 04:38 AM let me say 4 words... I love this woman, she is amazing, that performance, definitely it's not one of my favorites or I must say it's not what we are used to from Celine, but she is still the best (: This is 34 words! 4 Quote
Koolan Posted September 12, 2013 at 04:39 AM Posted September 12, 2013 at 04:39 AM HD 1080p 1 Quote Please support the forum by ordering through our Amazon.com referral link below. Click here to go to the Amazon homepage.
québecflower Posted September 12, 2013 at 04:56 AM Posted September 12, 2013 at 04:56 AM I'm so IMPRESSED with the comments/feedbacks from general public. The more I keep reading the comments on Youtube, the more I am proud of her. And see the LIKES! Almost 100% like her performace. So this means her "quite good" performance in the eyes of fans can be a "very good" performance in the eyes of general public. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=109KRGCKABc that is the most important. 1 Quote Plus qu'ailleurs , but now Si c'était à refaire , i still love tant de temps....
mike_z Posted September 12, 2013 at 05:52 AM Posted September 12, 2013 at 05:52 AM HD 1080p http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-9rcEKaw9Q thanks but the volume is really low and it seems as if they turned up the back vocals and overall track over her voice... weird! 1 Quote
Chin Posted September 12, 2013 at 05:53 AM Posted September 12, 2013 at 05:53 AM I'm very impressed that Celine insisted to sing it live even she was sick. I know this is not a very good performance, and many fans were disappointed. But I think Celine is actually the one who was disappointed most with her performance 1 Quote
CelinesDIVO5 Posted September 12, 2013 at 06:33 AM Posted September 12, 2013 at 06:33 AM (edited) I watched this live at 4pm and I wasn't at home so I was unable to post and now there are just too many pages for me to read *everything*. So, I apologize if what I'm saying has been said. My take on the performance (and Kimmel, and the song in general) is this: She needs to start lip-synching liiiii-iiiii-iiiiife. No human being can re-create that sound. There are other singers here on the board - what do you think of this? (that super sexy guy who sang it with the guitar didn't put it in a key that was similar to her top register). When Celine recorded the song, the producers used auto-tune on that note. That is the current pop sound today. All of these non-singers (singing songs written by Sia) can't actually sing and so they've been auto-tuned. Auto-tune has become the sound that is popular today. Celine was clearly auto-tuned on the track. And that's because holding those notes which go down with absolutely no vibrato is IMPOSSIBLE!!! Celine shouldn't even try. I know that she's been sick but that's not the reason. It simply can't be done. Even that Quebec performance got auto-tuned in post-production. It's just like Cher with Believe. Whenever she sang that in concert and it got to the auto-tuned part, she lip-synched it so that it sounded like it did on the radio. When the auto-tune was over, she went back to singing live. Watch Divas Live from 2002 and you'll see what I mean. I thought she sounded great today - other than when she cracked which was because of her illness. But the liiiiii-iiii-iiiife part has NEVER sounded good and never will. Auto-tune it!!!!! The third part of that triplet does have vibrato, and she was able to do it in Quebec. I am a singer and i can do it. I'm really still unsure why we are still analyzing this performance as good or bad when WE ALREADY KNOW that she was sick for BOTH Ellen and Jimmy Kimmel. Edited September 12, 2013 at 06:34 AM by CelinesDIVO5 2 Quote https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PL54qnRGM2gMatthew Charles - "Fix You" - Live at The Stonewall InnStonewall Sensation - Season 15Originally written and performed by Coldplay
Your_Su_Phu Posted September 12, 2013 at 06:48 AM Posted September 12, 2013 at 06:48 AM The third part of that triplet does have vibrato, and she was able to do it in Quebec. I am a singer and i can do it. I'm really still unsure why we are still analyzing this performance as good or bad when WE ALREADY KNOW that she was sick for BOTH Ellen and Jimmy Kimmel. *like* Also, sorry to go off topic I just listened to your demo and I loved it. You sound great. I remember hearing your singing clips back in the day (2002-2003) and you always used to sing in a constant falsetto, and I'll be honest, I didn't like it at all. But you've grown so much. You've got a lovely tone and expressive voice. Beautiful song too Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.