infiniti Posted July 29, 2013 at 04:57 AM Posted July 29, 2013 at 04:57 AM (edited) I hate this song, by far one of the wrong songs ever chosen for Celine. This is not her style, this is Not about love, everyone need to stop their hysteria about this being a great love song. This is not Celine. Very disappointed. They should have stopped at French album or make two in French.. this would be a great song for Rihanna or Beyonce...Celine is about power, love, beauty, powerful voice for glowing feeling not this c r p .... worst thing is that it does not go away from mind allegedly, this is my opinion only and most likely will not buy the album might get individual songs...they could've stick with water and a flame instead.... Edited July 29, 2013 at 05:03 AM by infiniti Quote Celine ~
Popular Post gafsa Posted July 29, 2013 at 05:13 AM Popular Post Posted July 29, 2013 at 05:13 AM I hate this song, by far one of the wrong songs ever chosen for Celine. This is not her style, this is Not about love, everyone need to stop their hysteria about this being a great love song. This is not Celine. Very disappointed. They should have stopped at French album or make two in French.. this would be a great song for Rihanna or Beyonce...Celine is about power, love, beauty, powerful voice for glowing feeling not this c r p .... worst thing is that it does not go away from mind allegedly, this is my opinion only and most likely will not buy the album might get individual songs...they could've stick with water and a flame instead.... Why everyone need to stop their hysteria ?it's Ok If you don't like it, but nobody have to stop their hysteria just because you didn't like it. 12 Quote
infiniti Posted July 29, 2013 at 05:15 AM Posted July 29, 2013 at 05:15 AM (edited) Why everyone need to stop their hysteria ?it's Ok If you don't like it, but nobody have to stop their hysteria just because you didn't like it.sure don't take it so directly lol I cannot hide my disappointment about this song...I grew up under Celine's music but this song just turned me off Edited July 29, 2013 at 05:18 AM by infiniti Quote Celine ~
Nmj Posted July 29, 2013 at 05:26 AM Posted July 29, 2013 at 05:26 AM I hate this song, by far one of the wrong songs ever chosen for Celine. This is not her style, this is Not about love, everyone need to stop their hysteria about this being a great love song. This is not Celine. Very disappointed. They should have stopped at French album or make two in French.. this would be a great song for Rihanna or Beyonce...Celine is about power, love, beauty, powerful voice for glowing feeling not this c r p .... worst thing is that it does not go away from mind allegedly, this is my opinion only and most likely will not buy the album might get individual songs...they could've stick with water and a flame instead.... I'm wondering if your hearing the same song as me and all the other fans, your entitled to your opinion but GEEZ hate is a strong word, I don't even hate "A Song For You" tho it's far from a gem in my opinion. Quote
infiniti Posted July 29, 2013 at 05:28 AM Posted July 29, 2013 at 05:28 AM (edited) I'm wondering if your hearing the same song as me and all the other fans, your entitled to your opinion but GEEZ hate is a strong word, I don't even hate "A Song For You" tho it's far from a gem in my opinion. I know sorry guys. Cannot stand the lyrics !! Allegedly I want that Celine from POL or PQTME or even ATTENDre era. Up tempo? let's listen Madonna 's Celebration album and get some tips... Edited July 29, 2013 at 05:39 AM by infiniti Quote Celine ~
Nmj Posted July 29, 2013 at 05:34 AM Posted July 29, 2013 at 05:34 AM I know sorry guys. Cannot stand the lyrics !!!!!!!!! Don't be sorry, everyone is entitled to their opinion which is why this forum is go great. Having said that I think that we are in agreement that whether we love the song ( like I do) or "hate" the song we are all Here because we are huge fans, and regardless want this song to be successful and this album to be successful. The more successful the album becomes the more we benefit because just maybe Celine will take notice and WON'T make us wait 6 more years for another album after this one, she hates to admit it but she loves the success, I could just imagine how happy she'd be to possibly win another Grammy. 3 Quote
openthetelevision Posted July 29, 2013 at 05:36 AM Posted July 29, 2013 at 05:36 AM I personally think the song is amazing . It's something new and fresh and different. I like the lyrics, and how it's a pretty deep somg. Sia is an incredible writer and artist and I'm glad she let Celine sing her song (or however that worked out) even though Celine isn't as ~hip~ as younger entertainers today. Celine's vocals in my opinion are really great and the song is catchy and I think people are going to like it. Quote
infiniti Posted July 29, 2013 at 05:43 AM Posted July 29, 2013 at 05:43 AM Don't be sorry, everyone is entitled to their opinion which is why this forum is go great. Having said that I think that we are in agreement that whether we love the song ( like I do) or "hate" the song we are all Here because we are huge fans, and regardless want this song to be successful and this album to be successful. The more successful the album becomes the more we benefit because just maybe Celine will take notice and WON'T make us wait 6 more years for another album after this one, she hates to admit it but she loves the success, I could just imagine how happy she'd be to possibly win another Grammy.It is stressful time for me right now and seems like I am going into a deep depression so song about coma could not be worse for me... I will try not write here for while. ) hopefully the rest of the album is more optimistic lol Quote Celine ~
Nmj Posted July 29, 2013 at 05:51 AM Posted July 29, 2013 at 05:51 AM (edited) It is stressful time for me right now and seems like I am going into a deep depression so song about coma could not be worse for me... I will try not write here for while. ) hopefully the rest of the album is more optimistic lolI hope all is well with you... The lyrics are supposed to, in a way, be a positive thing. Sort of the light at the end of the tunnel is how I understood the lyrics. Edited July 29, 2013 at 05:52 AM by Nmj 1 Quote
québecflower Posted July 29, 2013 at 05:53 AM Posted July 29, 2013 at 05:53 AM Don't be sorry, everyone is entitled to their opinion which is why this forum is go great. Having said that I think that we are in agreement that whether we love the song ( like I do) or "hate" the song we are all Here because we are huge fans, and regardless want this song to be successful and this album to be successful. The more successful the album becomes the more we benefit because just maybe Celine will take notice and WON'T make us wait 6 more years for another album after this one, she hates to admit it but she loves the success, I could just imagine how happy she'd be to possibly win another Grammy. i think the same, she loves the success....And i think that this song will mark a turn in her carreer. It reminds me of the time she sang river deep mountain high on letterman, so much energy and passion. And i think that now, she can brings more reel emotions and meaning when she sings. 2 Quote Plus qu'ailleurs , but now Si c'était à refaire , i still love tant de temps....
c4n4d4 Posted July 29, 2013 at 06:00 AM Posted July 29, 2013 at 06:00 AM (edited) I hate this song, by far one of the wrong songs ever chosen for Celine. This is not her style, this is Not about love, everyone need to stop their hysteria about this being a great love song. This is not Celine. Very disappointed. They should have stopped at French album or make two in French.. this would be a great song for Rihanna or Beyonce...Celine is about power, love, beauty, powerful voice for glowing feeling not this c r p .... worst thing is that it does not go away from mind allegedly, this is my opinion only and most likely will not buy the album might get individual songs...they could've stick with water and a flame instead....Your completely allowed to have this opinion but I have to say you said this song bothers you cause it's depressing...have you heard WAAF in entirety? Because that's a song that's the opposite of uplifting. I think LMBTL is all of those things you said you think of when you listen to Celine, it makes me think that no matter what love can bring you back from the brink and save you. I think what makes this song so great to me also is that she wanted to sing it at the concert and you could tell that she enjoyed singing it and the song itself immensely when she was on stage. Edited July 29, 2013 at 06:03 AM by c4n4d4 3 Quote http://24.media.tumblr.com/5fc8ed1dcd8690c2a8e2cad08629e4ba/tumblr_mrwbegFInv1rothmmo1_500.jpgJanuary 5, 2013 -- Las Vegas August 18, 2013 -- Las Vegas
$P!K& Posted July 29, 2013 at 06:23 AM Posted July 29, 2013 at 06:23 AM I hate this song, by far one of the wrong songs ever chosen for Celine. This is not her style, this is Not about love, everyone need to stop their hysteria about this being a great love song. This is not Celine. Very disappointed. They should have stopped at French album or make two in French.. this would be a great song for Rihanna or Beyonce...Celine is about power, love, beauty, powerful voice for glowing feeling not this c r p .... worst thing is that it does not go away from mind allegedly, this is my opinion only and most likely will not buy the album might get individual songs...they could've stick with water and a flame instead.... I'm not sure yet, but I think I agree with you. I loved Taking Chances, but it didn't work... Then after many years she releases Sans attendre, not trying to reinvent herself, but highlighting what people love about her... Let's be honest, the most of celine's public are older people.This new english cd, should be, in my opinion, not another taking chances. But a "Staying True".The song is boring. It's the same beat that thousands of others had, and nothing new about it, nothing that stands out. For me it fits perfectly with Unfineshed Songs: Weak instrumental, boring and fast verses and tedious chorus. 1 Quote
Lindah1984 Posted July 29, 2013 at 06:30 AM Posted July 29, 2013 at 06:30 AM I woke up this morning with this song in my head. Great way to start the day! 2 Quote
Nando Férri Posted July 29, 2013 at 06:43 AM Posted July 29, 2013 at 06:43 AM (edited) I love this song and... come on! It's not about a full album with songs like that (even if it's my wish). It's just ONE song. The album will have songs for every fan's taste for sure! Edited July 29, 2013 at 06:44 AM by Nando Férri 5 Quote http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m4ejungtQy1r9swpco6_250.gif
chawatak Posted July 29, 2013 at 06:53 AM Posted July 29, 2013 at 06:53 AM (edited) - Whether we love it or hate it, LMBTL is absolutely the right choice to be released as a lead single, considering the current market. Its style, melody, lyrics, etc. is right for this time. "Taking Chances" her latest lead single, could not even climb onto Top 40 of Billboard Hot 100 (It's her edgier pop song but not quite catchy.) Releasing "Water and A Flame" will be even much worse; it has no "big moment" and its melody is absolutely forgettable. Many of us might don't care about the chart, but in fact all of us, including Celine herself, still want to be successful at present. Yes, Celine has her own big fanbase, which most of them are mid to older age. But we surely don't want her name to be faded from the current music industry and be considered as an uncool-outdated-singer-who-can-only-sing-a-boring-cheesy-slow-song, like many teenagers think of her right now. We need a fresh, catchy song, which Celine can slay it, and can make her BACK TO LIFE in the current music industry. LMBTL, though it might not be perfect, but it is the right choice for now. - And mentioning that LMBTL is not "CELINE" might be quite hard. Through the years Celine's music varies from soft to power ballad, from tender R&B or mid-tempo pop to hard up-tempo dance or rock, etc., depending on the eras of music. All those variants were blended with her OWN singing style, which made those songs unique and recognized as "CELINE", no matter what the styles of the music are. LMBTL is another good example. The melody and lyrics are so current, but Celine puts her own design into it. Especially in the chorus part, the powerful and rich voices and how she sing it are SO CELINE. Most of general public, including many fans, might think that "CELINE" style should be regarded as beautiful romantic ballads like MHWGO or power ballads like ABMS or TPOL, but in fact she can actually sing everything in her own style and we can call it "CELINISH" as well. - If we need another hit for Celine and to have her name remains in general public, not only her own fanbase, we have to care about the whole current world right now. It's all about show business. Edited July 29, 2013 at 07:01 AM by chawatak 6 Quote LISTEN TO NEW SONG"Flying On My Own" ON REPEAT!!!> https://vimeo.com/328324551
Lindah1984 Posted July 29, 2013 at 07:03 AM Posted July 29, 2013 at 07:03 AM It is stressful time for me right now and seems like I am going into a deep depression so song about coma could not be worse for me... I will try not write here for while. ) hopefully the rest of the album is more optimistic lol I hope you feel better soon. I find A New Day Has Come than inspiring. Good luck. 1 Quote
CaesarCeline Posted July 29, 2013 at 07:10 AM Posted July 29, 2013 at 07:10 AM More than 12,000 views of the video on YouTube now!! 2 Quote J'ai besoin de tes yeux, c'est le miroir ou j'existe, sans eux je ne me vois pasRegarde-moi http://img.noiset.com/images/artist/celine-dion-disc-5017.jpeg
manu23 Posted July 29, 2013 at 07:15 AM Posted July 29, 2013 at 07:15 AM I can't believe there is a single Celine fan who doesn't like this song, it's the best we could expect from her As much as I want to have the studio version they should wait until she can promote it. We all know that US radios won't play this song as it deserves, the only way of getting a nice debut on the charts is thanks to sales and people requesting the song to radios after listening to her presenting it on tv. If she can't do tv performances in August, better wait until the last week of the month or the first one of September. 3 Quote
QueenCeline87 Posted July 29, 2013 at 07:21 AM Posted July 29, 2013 at 07:21 AM Thought Celines website might take advantage of the buzz and give us a hd preview and maybe single release date but sofar they just have the story about Celine and Rene's marriage not always being easy. Maybe they will have something later today ? We should all enquire in the comments section about it? Just jared has posted about it too http://m.justjared.com/pl/2013/07/29/celine-dion-debuts-single-love-me-back-to-life-watch-now/ Quote http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_-RQtOAL6F2I/TAZl-_MB2AI/AAAAAAAAAiI/bkJK6a44q3o/s1600/celine-dion-goodbyes-the-saddest-word.jpg
QueenCeline87 Posted July 29, 2013 at 07:23 AM Posted July 29, 2013 at 07:23 AM I can't believe there is a single Celine fan who doesn't like this song, it's the best we could expect from her As much as I want to have the studio version they should wait until she can promote it. We all know that US radios won't play this song as it deserves, the only way of getting a nice debut on the charts is thanks to sales and people requesting the song to radios after listening to her presenting it on tv. If she can't do tv performances in August, better wait until the last week of the month or the first one of September. That's very true ..I forgot she is back in Vegas in August! Oh well we know now it's gonna be so worth the wait!! Quote http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_-RQtOAL6F2I/TAZl-_MB2AI/AAAAAAAAAiI/bkJK6a44q3o/s1600/celine-dion-goodbyes-the-saddest-word.jpg
ashtonelijah Posted July 29, 2013 at 07:41 AM Posted July 29, 2013 at 07:41 AM I hate this song, by far one of the wrong songs ever chosen for Celine. This is not her style, this is Not about love, everyone need to stop their hysteria about this being a great love song. This is not Celine. Very disappointed. They should have stopped at French album or make two in French.. this would be a great song for Rihanna or Beyonce...Celine is about power, love, beauty, powerful voice for glowing feeling not this c r p .... worst thing is that it does not go away from mind allegedly, this is my opinion only and most likely will not buy the album might get individual songs...they could've stick with water and a flame instead.... It's not about love? Umm... It's about someone, literally, being LOVED back to life, from the dead. It's both a love song and an allusion to the Christian idea of love being the only thing that can resurrect someone the dead back to life. This song is ALL about love. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it isn't about love. Anyway, if you want 90's Céline, there are options for you. They're called Unison, The Colour of My Love, D'eux, Falling Into You, S'il Suffisait D'aimer, Let's Talk About Love, These Are Special Times, and All the Way: A Decade of Song. If 90's Céline is what you want, PLEASE, by all means, go listen to those albums. Meanwhile, we're going to appreciate Céline where she is now and be glad that she is embracing something new and bringing her talents to a fresh, modern style of music. 6 Quote http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v27/warathogwarts/lovedmebackbanner.jpg
Javito Posted July 29, 2013 at 07:42 AM Posted July 29, 2013 at 07:42 AM I told about the song to my cousin who is also a fan of her and she asked me if the song was on iTunes for download! Of course I had to say no, its not available anywhere yet!, and she was like Sony WAKE UP WAKE UP WAKE UP!!!!! What are they waiting for to release the song? People is already starting to talk about it but they can't actually have a decent audio of the song?! 2 Quote "Hush, now... I see a light in the sky"
Lindah1984 Posted July 29, 2013 at 08:12 AM Posted July 29, 2013 at 08:12 AM 2:53 is soooo good, after the big note. 3 Quote
Frozen_Phoenix Posted July 29, 2013 at 08:25 AM Posted July 29, 2013 at 08:25 AM (edited) It's not about love? Umm... It's about someone, literally, being LOVED back to life, from the dead. It's both a love song and an allusion to the Christian idea of love being the only thing that can resurrect someone the dead back to life. This song is ALL about love. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it isn't about love. Anyway, if you want 90's Céline, there are options for you. They're called Unison, The Colour of My Love, D'eux, Falling Into You, S'il Suffisait D'aimer, Let's Talk About Love, These Are Special Times, and All the Way: A Decade of Song. If 90's Céline is what you want, PLEASE, by all means, go listen to those albums. Meanwhile, we're going to appreciate Céline where she is now and be glad that she is embracing something new and bringing her talents to a fresh, modern style of music. Come on "ordinary" people are not talking about it. Only fans and those people the song was shown to (by fans) know about the song.No need to rush things.She needs to be able to perform and promote the song in the right way on huge TV shows. There are no such shows till end of August/ September. Edited July 29, 2013 at 08:26 AM by Frozen_Phoenix 1 Quote Et la vie glisse sur l'eau du tempsLa vie resiste, prend son elanPour un baiser elle peut se poserLe temps qui compte est toujours compte http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f248/ARMOIT/celinechances-1.png
manu23 Posted July 29, 2013 at 08:46 AM Posted July 29, 2013 at 08:46 AM I agree, there is not need to rush things, Celine is not Gaga or Britney (thanks God), that can go top 10 in iTunes in a few hours with any song (good or bad). She needs at least to perform the week the song is out, if she can't do it now, they have to wait, we all have to What they need to do this month is record he video, and have it ready by the first week of September. Quote
browseceline Posted July 29, 2013 at 10:00 AM Posted July 29, 2013 at 10:00 AM (edited) I just read this comment on JustJared, that the song will be released on 22nd of October.... I thought the cd would be launched at that date, but this song needs to be released as soon as possible while it is still fresh. Esspecially when someone as Perez Hilton mentions it. Immediately come into action Sony! Is there a way we can reach Sony or Celine's team to address they need to launch the song asap?And about the post here about that it is a boring song or depressing song... well it indeed has the same beat in it that you can find in many songs from Rihanna etcetera, but I feel the lyrics, they are strong and dramatic. When Celine starts the song I really feel it, it is one of those songs that grabs you! I really like the song and it is just what is needed to bring Celine in the charts again.Although I am convinced that if Pink or Alicia Keys or Beyonce or Rihanna or Sia released the song, it would immediately go to the number 1 position. For Celine, who can sing even better then all of them ( imo) it is a different story. hard to imagine maybe, but there are people in the world who never heard of her, they are a younger generation growing up with R&B and Rap/Dance. To get the attention of those people a good strategy must be invented. it is a matter of good promotion, work on a very good video, and last but not least and most important - the willingness of the radio stations to play the song! by the way - when I listen to the lyrics I constantly hear - from the karma instead of from the coma!and we are lovers again sounds like - are low verse again I hope the english on the studio recording is perfect Edited July 29, 2013 at 10:06 AM by browseceline 1 Quote <iframe width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hl2XkxnYljg" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
browseceline Posted July 29, 2013 at 10:16 AM Posted July 29, 2013 at 10:16 AM and Celine Dion Greece now has stolen the video as well and wrote in the title ( official live video) Quote <iframe width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hl2XkxnYljg" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
donpi86 Posted July 29, 2013 at 10:18 AM Posted July 29, 2013 at 10:18 AM I just read this comment on JustJared, that the song will be released on 22nd of October.... by the way - when I listen to the lyrics I constantly hear - from the karma instead of from the coma!and we are lovers again sounds like - are low verse again I hope the english on the studio recording is perfect Yep.. I think that Just Jared confused everything with the song and album title... I think there they are referring that the album will be out on october, not the single... And for the changes that it seems with the Sia version... yeah.. they are a few and a little bit silly... this all good Celine.... they change the lyrics, when Sia says I'm on Fire... Celine says... I Fall apart... and when Sia says Darknesss Celine says Coma... (being maybe too obvious in my opinion) But still lets wait to the studio version to the final comparison... I'm still sooo happy with this song... it has been in my mind all the time for this last days... And yes.. this Celinedion.com web it is like a joke... news of today are our news of the last week... with the marriage problems.. I think they should have post a big.. Wooooow.. we could hear the new single live on quebec concert.. it was amazing, for those who were lucky to be there.. share your opinion.... we will bring you the studio version very soon...." But not... maybe I'm crazy or that it's too difficult for the Comunication department in Celine team... 2 Quote
browseceline Posted July 29, 2013 at 10:26 AM Posted July 29, 2013 at 10:26 AM talking in here does not help, as we know last time our massive response on the official celine website did help. Let's do it again.I posted my reaction already http://www.celinedion.com/ca/news/celine-quebec-tonight#comment-207176Let's our voice be heard and write down a reaction here, maybe it helps? 1 Quote <iframe width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hl2XkxnYljg" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Javito Posted July 29, 2013 at 10:32 AM Posted July 29, 2013 at 10:32 AM And yes.. this Celinedion.com web it is like a joke... news of today are our news of the last week... with the marriage problems.. I think they should have post a big.. Wooooow.. we could hear the new single live on quebec concert.. it was amazing, for those who were lucky to be there.. share your opinion.... we will bring you the studio version very soon...." But not... maybe I'm crazy or that it's too difficult for the Comunication department in Celine team... They're lamentable! So today's news is Céline and René's key for their marriage? HELLOOOO??? New single has been premiered on saturday and critics are starting to spread, and they're talking about her marriage? Amazing. 2 Quote "Hush, now... I see a light in the sky"
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.