c4n4d4 Posted October 4, 2013 at 11:07 PM Posted October 4, 2013 at 11:07 PM Just heard Sias song for the hunger games soundtrack on the radio , so maybe LMBTL will be on the soundtrack too! I know taylor swift had 2 songs she wrote on one of them so it's possible 2 sia songs could be on this too!?The soundtrack's track list for 'Catching Fire' has already been released and is available for pre order so it would be completely surprising if somehow they put LMBTL in association with this film. Quote http://24.media.tumblr.com/5fc8ed1dcd8690c2a8e2cad08629e4ba/tumblr_mrwbegFInv1rothmmo1_500.jpgJanuary 5, 2013 -- Las Vegas August 18, 2013 -- Las Vegas
minolli Posted October 4, 2013 at 11:14 PM Posted October 4, 2013 at 11:14 PM But guys, Celine and René are as much to blame as Sony. That's what hurts . And I know she's the best singer this planet has ever seen, but there's an increasing lack of understanding inside her own team and Sony Music, that it always ruins everything. There's not much Sony can do if Céline and René are satisfied with how things are going and Sony wants to make the world out of this and every album, but Céline and René say a big "NO". And at the same time, it seems there's a lot of confusion in what Celine really wants to do with her international career, and that's what worries me the most. Sometimes I think the worst enemy of all this poor situation with the promotion of her albums, singles etc is Céline herself. She's her worst enemy. And then we have René and his pig-headedness, but I don't even want to start with what I think of him right now I have to say I agree. Every time she gives the "I just want to be at home with my kids" spiel, it's like she's saying "I don't want to be here and this isn't important to me." And to be honest, I have no problem with her wanting to be with her kids and only singing because it's fun for her. In fact, I think if she produced work based on sheer enjoyment instead of obligations to the record label/what they "think" they should be doing, some wonderful and unexpected things would come about. The thing that I don't get is why they do the promotion at all if they're just going to undermine it by doing things halfway. If she doesn't want to do the promo, and she only wants to record for her own enjoyment, that's fine. I feel like they either need to be more relaxed about releases and trust that the fan base will be there, or go all-out and dedicate themselves 100%. This in-between stuff only gets my hopes up and leaves me disappointed that they're not making the most of things. It makes it tough to manage expectations when they do promo, but never really seem to do it wholeheartedly. That said, I am, of course, thrilled that Céline is still willing to give us new music at all. After a 30 year career, it is a lovely gift that she is still willing to give that to us. 5 Quote http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lsg43qJH1b1qa4phqo1_400.jpg
QueenCeline87 Posted October 5, 2013 at 12:41 AM Posted October 5, 2013 at 12:41 AM The soundtrack's track list for 'Catching Fire' has already been released and is available for pre order so it would be completely surprising if somehow they put LMBTL in association with this film. Awe that's disappointing ...oh well! Quote http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_-RQtOAL6F2I/TAZl-_MB2AI/AAAAAAAAAiI/bkJK6a44q3o/s1600/celine-dion-goodbyes-the-saddest-word.jpg
celinelover50 Posted October 5, 2013 at 12:50 AM Posted October 5, 2013 at 12:50 AM Celine will NOT leave Sony. It doesn't just work like that... Kev x it does work like that!thats how their contracts are drawn - they have to produce a certain amount of albums under the label before the contract is closed and needs renewal and if its not renewed they part ways - im sure celine signed a ten album deal starting from the colour of my love and ended on taking chances. i think it is time for celine to part ways with sony - they clearly are putting all their 'efforts' into other artists who have common practice of having their vulvas on show. 4 Quote http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s264/celinelover50/celine/TEOL_Sig.jpg
Koolan Posted October 5, 2013 at 01:22 AM Posted October 5, 2013 at 01:22 AM Coty needs to step in for the promo! 7 Quote Please support the forum by ordering through our Amazon.com referral link below. Click here to go to the Amazon homepage.
Alex_Incognito Posted October 5, 2013 at 01:49 AM Posted October 5, 2013 at 01:49 AM it does work like that!thats how their contracts are drawn - they have to produce a certain amount of albums under the label before the contract is closed and needs renewal and if its not renewed they part ways - im sure celine signed a ten album deal starting from the colour of my love and ended on taking chances. i think it is time for celine to part ways with sony - they clearly are putting all their 'efforts' into other artists who have common practice of having their vulvas on show.They only recently got the rights to all of her 1980s albums...they're not going to leave their legacy in the vaults of Sony. 3 Quote "People pay 20-25 dollars to see you."- Céline Dion, 1990
wjd Posted October 5, 2013 at 02:06 AM Posted October 5, 2013 at 02:06 AM it does work like that!thats how their contracts are drawn - they have to produce a certain amount of albums under the label before the contract is closed and needs renewal and if its not renewed they part ways - im sure celine signed a ten album deal starting from the colour of my love and ended on taking chances. i think it is time for celine to part ways with sony - they clearly are putting all their 'efforts' into other artists who have common practice of having their vulvas on show. Nuh-uh. » With Sony Music: 1992: 15 million dolars (for 5 albums in 10 years - she recorded the 5 albums in 4 years) 1997: 75 million dolars (for ? albums in ? years) Courtesy of bruno. I think the 1997 deal was for 3 albums [including All The Way]. With her then resigning in 2002 for 5 albums [ANDHC, OH, Miracle, TC, LMBTL] Quote Céline Dion, music's greatest ever singer, the biggest-selling Canadian artist of all-time and most successful female live act ever - what's not to love?
zenmeban Posted October 5, 2013 at 02:08 AM Posted October 5, 2013 at 02:08 AM (edited) Does anyone know how much longer Celine has left with her contract with Sony? How many more albums does she have to make with them? The sooner she leave Sony the better in my opinion. xx In 2011 or 2012, Rene told in an interview that Celine was going to record a French album and an English album, since they had to release two albums due to their contract to Sony Music. So Loved Me Back To Life should be the last one from the current contract. Edited October 5, 2013 at 02:09 AM by zenmeban 2 Quote BRICEhttp://s17.postimg.org/7igcotu27/DFGHLK.jpg
LukeD Posted October 5, 2013 at 02:50 AM Posted October 5, 2013 at 02:50 AM (edited) They treat Celine bad. Wrong single choices (''Goodbye (The Saddest Word)'', ''One Heart'', ''Have You Ever Been In Love'', ''Miracle'', ''Beautiful Boy'', ''Je Lui Dirai'', ''Immensite'', ''Alone'', ''A World To Believe In'', ''Eyes On Me'', ''Le Miracle'', ''Qui Peut Vivre Sans Amour''), awfully neglected songs (''Then You Look At Me'', ''I Surrender'', ''Naked'', ''A Cause'', ''Attendre'', ''Je N'ai Pas Besoin D'amour'', ''Si Je N'ai Rien De Toi''), rushed or even cheap music videos (''I Drove All Night'', ''One Heart'', ''Have You Ever Been In Love'', ''Et Je T'aime Encore'', ''Alone'') and right now they decide not to make a music video for the lead single of her upcoming album which is even worse than making a rushed one. Seriously, I want Celine out of this label. I don't care how much she is going to sell once she signs into another label, all I care about is that she is treated with respect. The best example that comes to my mind is Mariah Carey. She is in Island Def Jam and she hasn't had a solid record since 2005. All her album releases since 2008 are either flops or big flops! However, Island Def Jam is always there for Mariah, they usually pick the best songs to represent her albums and always make music videos to promote them. This shows they take her seriously. I want the same for Celine. She totally deserves the best of attention, support and respect, especially when she's still able to sell big amount of records and tickets. Edited October 5, 2013 at 02:59 AM by LukeD 5 Quote
Angel2006 Posted October 5, 2013 at 03:57 AM Posted October 5, 2013 at 03:57 AM It's not Sony, It's Celine. At this point in Celine's career she doesn't care about the success of her albums anymore. I don't think she really ever did to begin with. Celine never cared what position her songs were on the charts, or how many records were sold. Rene always cared about that stuff, being a numbers guy and her manager. Celine said it herself that she doesn't need to prove anything anymore. At this point in her career it shouldn't matter what position she is on the charts or making sure her singles are successful. She has already made her mark in the music industry and has already reached the top. Celine said herself that she is working her way down to the bottom and that is wear she wants to be, She doesn't want to be on the top anymore and she doesn't have to be. She has proven herself and she doesn't care if her albums are a success anymore, she just wants to make music. As long as her dedicated fans stick with her and Celine puts out albums still, then she will still be talked about in the music industry. Obviously the promotion for her album is good enough or we wouldn't be talking about her album right now. We wouldn't know about Loved Me Back To Life, Water And A Flame, It's Incredible, or any other song off the album. Celine doesn't need to go above and beyond to promote her albums these days. There is social media now and sites like this forum, where we can find out information with a click of a button. I'll say it again. It's not Sony making these decisions, It's Celine and Rene. Being on top is not there priority anymore and it shouldn't be. As long as we have this forum and other forms of social media to get our info, then i really don't see what the problem is. People should just be happy that Celine is still making music and still loves what she does. She is at a different stage in her life with an over 30 year career and 3 kids. Her priorities are different know, so i suggest to just get used to Celine's decision. Complaining about it is just a waist of time. Switching music companies is not going to make a difference. It's not going to change Celine's mind set and her priorities, so i don't think people should be blaming Sony. They have been great to Celine and have been with her since the start of her English career. Celine is a very loyal person and she sticks with people. She is not going to leave Sony and i wouldn't want her to. It would be very sad. They have such a long relationship. I think we as fans need to change our mindsets and priorities and evolve with Celine and what Celine wants. The sooner we realize this the better off we will all be. Let's focus on all we have to look forward to. Celine's upcoming concerts in Paris, Her episode of Le Banquier, and her new English album with all new songs, and a duet with neyo!! 6 Quote
FreddJosh Posted October 5, 2013 at 04:33 AM Posted October 5, 2013 at 04:33 AM Hi to all Celine's Fans, I'm one of you, I just want to ask you, we can make a Trend Topic with some hastag to make Celine Team or Sony tell us what's going on with the Music Video... I can't believe isn't released yet. She did amazing videos with her last frech album, this english album deserves the same or better production. So let's do something. Maybe we can use. #WewantLMBTLVideo, #WhereIsLMBTLVideo, #CelineLMBTLMusicVideo, I don't know, you can propose. I really hope this work. Sorry for my english I'm a singer from Mexico. 3 Quote
dj_a_rock Posted October 5, 2013 at 05:26 AM Posted October 5, 2013 at 05:26 AM Hi to all Celine's Fans, I'm one of you, I just want to ask you, we can make a Trend Topic with some hastag to make Celine Team or Sony tell us what's going on with the Music Video... I can't believe isn't released yet. She did amazing videos with her last frech album, this english album deserves the same or better production. So let's do something. Maybe we can use. #WewantLMBTLVideo, #WhereIsLMBTLVideo, #CelineLMBTLMusicVideo, I don't know, you can propose. I really hope this work. Sorry for my english I'm a singer from Mexico. This is a good idea. Quote
dj_a_rock Posted October 5, 2013 at 05:31 AM Posted October 5, 2013 at 05:31 AM (edited) It's not Sony, It's Celine. At this point in Celine's career she doesn't care about the success of her albums anymore. I don't think she really ever did to begin with. Celine never cared what position her songs were on the charts, or how many records were sold. Rene always cared about that stuff, being a numbers guy and her manager. Celine said it herself that she doesn't need to prove anything anymore. At this point in her career it shouldn't matter what position she is on the charts or making sure her singles are successful. She has already made her mark in the music industry and has already reached the top. Celine said herself that she is working her way down to the bottom and that is wear she wants to be, She doesn't want to be on the top anymore and she doesn't have to be. She has proven herself and she doesn't care if her albums are a success anymore, she just wants to make music. As long as her dedicated fans stick with her and Celine puts out albums still, then she will still be talked about in the music industry. Obviously the promotion for her album is good enough or we wouldn't be talking about her album right now. We wouldn't know about Loved Me Back To Life, Water And A Flame, It's Incredible, or any other song off the album. Celine doesn't need to go above and beyond to promote her albums these days. There is social media now and sites like this forum, where we can find out information with a click of a button. I'll say it again. It's not Sony making these decisions, It's Celine and Rene. Being on top is not there priority anymore and it shouldn't be. As long as we have this forum and other forms of social media to get our info, then i really don't see what the problem is. People should just be happy that Celine is still making music and still loves what she does. She is at a different stage in her life with an over 30 year career and 3 kids. Her priorities are different know, so i suggest to just get used to Celine's decision. Complaining about it is just a waist of time. Switching music companies is not going to make a difference. It's not going to change Celine's mind set and her priorities, so i don't think people should be blaming Sony. They have been great to Celine and have been with her since the start of her English career. Celine is a very loyal person and she sticks with people. She is not going to leave Sony and i wouldn't want her to. It would be very sad. They have such a long relationship. I think we as fans need to change our mindsets and priorities and evolve with Celine and what Celine wants. The sooner we realize this the better off we will all be. Let's focus on all we have to look forward to. Celine's upcoming concerts in Paris, /scripts/proxy/anon.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.celinedionforum.com%2Fscripts%2Fproxy%2Fanon.php%3Fu%3Dhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.celinedionforum.com%252Fpublic%252Fstyle_emoticons%252Fdefault%252Fclap.gif%26b%3D1&b=1 Her episode of Le Banquier, /scripts/proxy/anon.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.celinedionforum.com%2Fscripts%2Fproxy%2Fanon.php%3Fu%3Dhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.celinedionforum.com%252Fpublic%252Fstyle_emoticons%252Fdefault%252Fw00t.gif%26b%3D1&b=1 and her new English album with all new songs, and a duet with neyo!! /scripts/proxy/anon.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.celinedionforum.com%2Fscripts%2Fproxy%2Fanon.php%3Fu%3Dhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.celinedionforum.com%252Fpublic%252Fstyle_emoticons%252Fdefault%252Fclap.gif%26b%3D1&b=1 /scripts/proxy/anon.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.celinedionforum.com%2Fscripts%2Fproxy%2Fanon.php%3Fu%3Dhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.celinedionforum.com%252Fpublic%252Fstyle_emoticons%252Fdefault%252Fw00t.gif%26b%3D1&b=1 /scripts/proxy/anon.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.celinedionforum.com%2Fscripts%2Fproxy%2Fanon.php%3Fu%3Dhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.celinedionforum.com%252Fpublic%252Fstyle_emoticons%252Fdefault%252Fbiggrin2.gif%26b%3D1&b=1 Mariah, Madonna, J Lo have family and kids as well. However, they have a proper promotion. They have a decent music video, they have banner on iTunes when they release their music, they have a banner on youtube etc... They all have achieved success in the past and have been on top as well just like Celine but their promotion is intensive and not crappy like Celine's. Edited October 5, 2013 at 05:34 AM by dj_a_rock 4 Quote
Celine Fan 77 Posted October 5, 2013 at 07:05 AM Posted October 5, 2013 at 07:05 AM I am 85% sure that she'd become a bigger ARTIST if she left Sony, she'd evolve from 'performer' to 'artist' as she'd have much more freedom to work on new sounds. As simple as that. 2 Quote Tournée Européenne in Paris (December 1, 2013) Céline Dion Live 2016 in Antwerp (June 20, 2016) Céline Dion Live 2017 in Birmingham (July 27, 2017) Céline Dion à Paris (September 12, 2026)
stevo Posted October 5, 2013 at 07:11 AM Posted October 5, 2013 at 07:11 AM It will be SONG OF THE WEEK on Radio 2 next week 2 Quote
Popular Post superstar85ca Posted October 5, 2013 at 07:17 AM Popular Post Posted October 5, 2013 at 07:17 AM There is nothing wrong with Celine fans wanting her to be on the top of the charts. For us that means we get to see her name more, hear her more on the radio, hear other people talk about her, see her on tv -it's because we love her and believe in her so much that we don't want her talent to go unnoticed when she does a new project like this new album/single. I don't care that Celine is not interested in the charts - I happen to be! And I love to see her do well and climb the charts and be a hit! I just love it, it's a fun part of being a fan! If this album flops does it mean I will stop following Celine's career? Never!! I would be disappointed but I will always be a fan and be super supportive and want more for her than she probably wants!! 10 Quote
Kyle_Jared Posted October 5, 2013 at 11:44 AM Posted October 5, 2013 at 11:44 AM Question: WHy is the song falling on the Adult Contemporary Chart---the only chart---in the U.S. It's falling pretty dramatically. LIke--this single is seriously tanking and it's BLOWING MY MIND as to why. Her only chance at radio---AC--wont even play her Does Rene/Sony have any intervention planned at all????????????? 2 Quote
gafsa Posted October 5, 2013 at 12:18 PM Posted October 5, 2013 at 12:18 PM I dunno. It's disaster. I really dontunderstand whats goin on. Quote
celinefan1985 Posted October 5, 2013 at 12:29 PM Posted October 5, 2013 at 12:29 PM This is why we are not getting a video. It's over for her at US radio. Don't know what it would take to get her back on. I really don't think radio even ACis interested in a 90's artist anymore. As we have all been saying, if this song can't make it to radio, nothing will. Let's hope we get incredible as a second single and see if the NE-YO effect can't help a little. Film the video now!!! Quote
DionFanAlways Posted October 5, 2013 at 12:38 PM Posted October 5, 2013 at 12:38 PM On the Target cd one of the reviews is quoted,"radio friendly power ballad" Hollywood Reporter. So play the fricken single in the States!!!! 5 Quote I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
browseceline Posted October 5, 2013 at 12:48 PM Posted October 5, 2013 at 12:48 PM I think we can blame Sony for everything, but in the end they have to ask Celine/Rene and/or her team as well about certain decisions. I cannot believe Sony is the only one that picks out the songs that are gonna be launched as singles. I think they need approvement from Celine as well. That being said, I can't understand that - Alone - instead of , for instance, Shadow of Love or Can't fight the Feeling or Surprise surprise, was chosen. 1 Quote <iframe width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hl2XkxnYljg" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Katie Posted October 5, 2013 at 01:28 PM Posted October 5, 2013 at 01:28 PM On the Target cd one of the reviews is quoted,"radio friendly power ballad" Hollywood Reporter. So play the fricken single in the States!!!! Well, I've been on HR website, and no trace of such reviews...dunno maybe will be published lately this month, but nothing so far... Quote
DionFanAlways Posted October 5, 2013 at 01:37 PM Posted October 5, 2013 at 01:37 PM (edited) Well, I've been on HR website, and no trace of such reviews...dunno maybe will be published lately this month, but nothing so far... Maybe they made it up.. http://img2.targetimg2.com/wcsstore/TargetSAS//img/p/14/91/14919002_201310021456.jpg (Why did it post it like this?) Edited October 5, 2013 at 01:38 PM by DionFanAlways Quote I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
browseceline Posted October 5, 2013 at 01:37 PM Posted October 5, 2013 at 01:37 PM (edited) celine said something to the redheads. I wish the celnedionforum had such a position as well. And we are even bigger forum. http://youtu.be/WmhSywk4z9c Edited October 5, 2013 at 01:42 PM by browseceline 3 Quote <iframe width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hl2XkxnYljg" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
LukeD Posted October 5, 2013 at 02:33 PM Posted October 5, 2013 at 02:33 PM I think we can blame Sony for everything, but in the end they have to ask Celine/Rene and/or her team as well about certain decisions. I cannot believe Sony is the only one that picks out the songs that are gonna be launched as singles. I think they need approvement from Celine as well. That being said, I can't understand that - Alone - instead of , for instance, Shadow of Love or Can't fight the Feeling or Surprise surprise, was chosen. Mariah who also co-wrote and co-produced her songs has had issues with Sony when it came to single choices. In part, she totally owned these songs (Celine does not own the songs she sings, the songs belong to the writers) and still Sony members did their thing, so I think it is extremely hard for Rene and Celine to have a saying when it comes to single releases. 1 Quote
LukeD Posted October 5, 2013 at 02:37 PM Posted October 5, 2013 at 02:37 PM Guys chart performance in other countries globally is promising both for the album n single. ..check out latest updates I have posted on the charts discussion. ..remember she has mass global reach...and although some of these successes are not directly visible to us...she is still doing incredibly well with zero promotion in those far flung countries without a music video might I add.....just love the moment you adoring fans... Τhe song has been doing well in my country as well, but this doesn't mean much. All these small markets are not significant enough. The song is vanishing from Us, Canadian, Uk, French, Australian and even Japanese charts (Hasn't even debuted there) which speaks volumes of its commercial reception. If it flops in these markets, nobody is going to care for Greece, India and South Africa. Quote
LukeD Posted October 5, 2013 at 02:42 PM Posted October 5, 2013 at 02:42 PM If Sony decided there won't be a music video for LMBT, it's probably because they want to focus on another single when the album comes out... Suuure! They save the best for the music video of the fresh medley ''At Seventeen/Overjoyed''. 2 Quote
soleilgirly Posted October 5, 2013 at 02:46 PM Posted October 5, 2013 at 02:46 PM (edited) Hey everyone please tweet these stations and use the other links to request them to play it in a non-crazy fashion lol I try to be casual and say this song is special to me and I love hearing it on your station etc. You could also find them on Facebook and message them that way too if you want. Just a last attempt to get more spins. I hope you will join me in requesting the song! https://twitter.com/majic955http://www.whud.com/request/ and https://twitter.com/1007WHUDhttp://www.mediabase...1&c_let=DGAC-FMhttps://twitter.com/1067Litefm and http://www.1067litef...fo/request.htmlhttps://twitter.com/TheRiverGR and http://rivergrandrapids.com/feedback/https://twitter.com/sunny923 and http://www.sunny923.com/index.php (You pick what we play on the right side of the page)https://twitter.com/965KVKI1 and steveking@TownsquareMedia.comhttps://twitter.com/B955https://twitter.com/Lite9691https://twitter.com/Q1019 and chasemurphy@clearchannel.comhttps://twitter.com/KWAV969 Edited October 5, 2013 at 02:47 PM by soleilgirly 3 Quote
Hilda Posted October 5, 2013 at 02:53 PM Posted October 5, 2013 at 02:53 PM i have to say - i havnt listened to it much either - im already bored of it. i think a few months in....for me...its no TC Quote
dj_a_rock Posted October 5, 2013 at 03:59 PM Posted October 5, 2013 at 03:59 PM Suuure! They save the best for the music video of the fresh medley ''At Seventeen/Overjoyed''. Yeah. They'll use one of her performances from Las Vegas show. 1 Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.