Jump to content

New English Single: Loved Me Back To Life


Recommended Posts

Posted

No, the full tracklist for the Hunger Games: Catching Fire soundtrack is already out, and Céline is not included on it.

 

(Also, just for the record, the first single released from it was Coldplay's "Atlas;" the Christina track "We Remain" and Sia/The Weeknd/Diplo's "Elastic Heart" were both released this past Tuesday and impact radio next Tuesday, October 8.)

  • Like 1
Posted

 

 

 

I will never understand why you all get so upset about things like this. I just never will. How does Celine having a music video affect your enjoyment of the song? Can you not just listen to the song and enjoy it? I'm asking from an honest place. Now that the song won't have a music video....what? Do you like the song less?

 

I guess this is the better question: Why do you need other people to like the song? Why can't you just enjoy it for yourself? Why does it have to be popular? Are you living out your own popularity through the song? So if the song isn't popular and you like the song...then that means that you aren't popular? I really just don't understand how any of the promotion stuff affects your enjoyment of the song or your lives.

 

I've loved Celine since the Unison album. I loved her when she wasn't popular. I loved her when her star was rising. I loved her at the height of her popularity and I've loved her now that she is no longer popular. My love for her has never changed. I haven't loved every song she's released but I've loved her voice and the majority of her oeuvre. Do you understand where I'm coming from? And why I just can't this need for her to be popular again?

 

 

 

No. We don't want people to like song. But come on. It has been six years that there is finally a new album. And in those years the focus has been Vegas Vegas and Vegas. A lot of money is spend on the show. Even now in her latest album they use that album to attract people to vegas. So here is this great song loved me back to life. It is not just a song but something completely different, groundbreaking and extremely hit explosive-if promoted well. Of course we like this song, even without the video, but if they took half as much effort in her album as in Vegas it would help! How do you want your song to be promoted in modern times like these where videos do play a major role? I think itt is just lazyness and don't caring at all. If celine is so happy with this song then why does she not take more effort in promoting it?? It is not forcing people to like this song, but without proper promotion and esspecially a current video, how are radiostations, tvchannels and esspecially listeners gonna know this fantastic song is even there?

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hl2XkxnYljg" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Posted (edited)

No. We don't want people to like song. But come on. It has been six years that there is finally a new album. And in those years the focus has been Vegas Vegas and Vegas. A lot of money is spend on the show. Even now in her latest album they use that album to attract people to vegas. So here is this great song loved me back to life. It is not just a song but something completely different, groundbreaking and extremely hit explosive-if promoted well. Of course we like this song, even without the video, but if they took half as much effort in her album as in Vegas it would help! How do you want your song to be promoted in modern times like these where videos do play a major role? I think itt is just lazyness and don't caring at all. If celine is so happy with this song then why does she not take more effort in promoting it?? It is not forcing people to like this song, but without proper promotion and esspecially a current video, how are radiostations, tvchannels and esspecially listeners gonna know this fantastic song is even there?

 

But that's my point. Why do radiostations need to know the song is there? Why do tvchannels need to know the song is there? Why do listeners need to know this fantastic song is even there? Why does it matter to you? Why can't YOU just enjoy the song and then go on with your life? Again, I am not trying to be nasty. I don't mean it that way. I'm asking the question again. Why does all of that matter? How does it affect you if radiostations, tvchannels and listeners don't love the song the way that you do?

 

Because the album is going to sell well regardless. It's like Streisand. She doesn't need a hit single. She's Streisand - that album will sell itself.

Edited by couldawouldashoulda
  • Like 1
Posted
Personally i guess i am so excited when the song released and hope for the best, when things doesnt go as i am expected it feels like sony/Celine/team celine doesnt care as much as i care, that what pisses me off. I'm not that kind of guy who just enjoy whats popular. If this song cant be popular it wont hurt me in anyway, its just as a fan it really hurt when an artist doenst care as much as a fan care. Maybe i should get a life anyway :giggle:
  • Like 2
Posted

Personally i guess i am so excited when the song released and hope for the best, when things doesnt go as i am expected it feels like sony/Celine/team celine doesnt care as much as i care, that what pisses me off. I'm not that kind of guy who just enjoy whats popular. If this song cant be popular it wont hurt me in anyway, its just as a fan it really hurt when an artist doenst care as much as a fan care. Maybe i should get a life anyway :giggle:

 

LOL - maybe! ;) But Celine has been saying, ever since RC was born, that she no longer cares about promotion or albums or singles or charts. She loves singing. I mean, she LOVES it. But she no longer cares about other people loving her. Maybe fans should stop caring about that as well?

  • Like 2
Posted

Personally i guess i am so excited when the song released and hope for the best, when things doesnt go as i am expected it feels like sony/Celine/team celine doesnt care as much as i care, that what pisses me off. I'm not that kind of guy who just enjoy whats popular. If this song cant be popular it wont hurt me in anyway, its just as a fan it really hurt when an artist doenst care as much as a fan care. Maybe i should get a life anyway :giggle:

 

 

Exactly that is why couldashoulda:)

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hl2XkxnYljg" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Posted (edited)

As a fan, a music video does affect me to a song. When the song has a music video, the images of the music video will automatically come up in my mind when listening to it. To me, music video's like "visualised" the song.

 

And we always love to watch Celine doing interviews when promoting a new album. No matter on TV or on radio.

 

And the promotion and the charts, I think we will want more ppl to listen to the song if we think it's good. Just like sharing good stuff to others. If the song is proper promoted and becomes popular, that means many ppl is listening to it and loving it.

 

I personally don't care about the charts much, but the charts still mean sth to me.

Edited by Chin
  • Like 4
giphy.gif
Posted

Personally i guess i am so excited when the song released and hope for the best, when things doesnt go as i am expected it feels like sony/Celine/team celine doesnt care as much as i care, that what pisses me off. I'm not that kind of guy who just enjoy whats popular. If this song cant be popular it wont hurt me in anyway, its just as a fan it really hurt when an artist doenst care as much as a fan care. Maybe i should get a life anyway :giggle:

 

I read this again and I have to thank you 1000 times!!!! You helped me understand this on an entirely new level and it was exactly what I needed to hear/read. An artist NEVER cares as much as a fan cares. And I never understood that. I am an artist. I am an actor and a singer. It is how I have made a living for the past 2 decades. As an artist, I give a performance and I forget about it. But a fan sees that performance and listens to it/watches it/thinks about it over and over and over again. As an artist, I can't do that. I have to give the performance and then let it go because I have another one to give the next night. For Celine, it is the same. It is why some people want her to sing songs live that she recorded 17 years ago. Celine completely forgot that she recorded that song but the fans LOVE it so they listen to it day after day and dream about her performing it while Celine has no knowledge of this.

 

You are hurt and upset because the artist doesn't care as much as you do. And you're right. The artist doesn't care as much as you do and they never will. The artist is not a fan of themselves. The artist is simply doing a job and then moving on to the next job. I hope to never comment on this again. I get it now.

  • Like 2
Posted

I don't believe this., It's a bunch of bull s***

The shoot 2 videos for her French album and we can't get 1 for this album? And I know it's just the first singles but come on, the chances of them doing a video for a 2nd single are slim to none if they can't even do one for the 2nd single.

  • Like 1
Posted

I don't believe this., It's a bunch of bull s***

The shoot 2 videos for her French album and we can't get 1 for this album? And I know it's just the first singles but come on, the chances of them doing a video for a 2nd single are slim to none if they can't even do one for the 2nd single.

 

u mean 3 videos for the French album :P, 2 of which have more views than the audio video for LMBTL

Posted

Let us boycot this album!

Then say bye bye to any Céline video!

Posted
If there is no video for LMBTL, then that might mean a new single is around the corner... I would like to point out that Céline does NOT decide if there should be a music video or not. Sony pays for the videos so THEY decide if it's worth investing in a song that is not supported by radio...
Posted
I think it's weird that they haven't released a music video yet. How long after Parler à mon père was single was released were the music video released? And the Sans Attendre album has three videos. I expect nothing less from Loved Me Back To Life, but I think it's weird that the music video hasn't even been announced yet.
Posted

I think it's weird that they haven't released a music video yet. How long after Parler à mon père was single was released were the music video released? And the Sans Attendre album has three videos. I expect nothing less from Loved Me Back To Life, but I think it's weird that the music video hasn't even been announced yet.

 

PAMP was released on july 2, music video was released on september 6. Still hope there will be video for LMBTL, I don´t understand all this, 3 videos for SA and no video for first single from new english album?

  • Like 2
http://www.supermusic.sk/obrazky/80543_Celine%209.jpg
Posted

Maybe sony got so disappointed with Le Miracle and QPVSA... they shelled out as much $$$ to come up with decent videos for the songs... but none of those two videos delivered back to sony any $$$ in revenues... the two songs completely flopped...

 

And when you released LMBTL and after more than a month you still dont see the song blazing through the charts and dont see any radio stations playing it... its really not far fetched to drop the idea of making a MV for it...

Posted

Sad sad news about the music video but the possibility of it being in a big movie soundtrack is promising! Remember they put up on the official site last week what Celine song would you like to hear in a movie ...or something like that ? A hint maybe ?

 

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_-RQtOAL6F2I/TAZl-_MB2AI/AAAAAAAAAiI/bkJK6a44q3o/s1600/celine-dion-goodbyes-the-saddest-word.jpg
Posted

WTF is all I can say!

 

Celine Dion's first English single in 6 years doesn't even get a decent video!?!? What the hell!!

They should know by now live videos don't work on tv, but moreover... if they were planning on sending

that video to the tv-stations, then they CWS done that ages ago, when the song came out!! :ranting:

 

 

Ladies and gentlement, take another ride on the Céline Team rollercoaster! It goes UP and DOWN... up and DOOOOOOWN -_-

  • Like 5


Rick, ik hou van jou voor altijd!



A New Day... has come 28/29 April & 2/3 May 07



Antwerpen 13 et 14 mai,Paris 24 et 25 mai, Amsterdam 2 juinet Arras 7 juillet Chances Taken!!!



How Do You Keep The Music Playing? - Celine Opening Night March 15th, March 16th

Posted

PAMP was released on july 2, music video was released on september 6. Still hope there will be video for LMBTL, I don´t understand all this, 3 videos for SA and no video for first single from new english album?

 

Yes.. I remember it was a long time between them... that's crazy in these days... Two months... so from sept 3 to nov. 5 we can still wait.. maybe they are waiting for the album release... Someone remember when TC musicvideo was released?

Few days ago Rihanna posted a photo of the shooting of a video and the music video has been released this week... and it's not to high quality but it is a music video... two months of production to have glittering desert and Celine making Diva posses it's a little bit slow....

Maybe sony got so disappointed with Le Miracle and QPVSA... they shelled out as much $$$ to come up with decent videos for the songs... but none of those two videos delivered back to sony any $$$ in revenues... the two songs completely flopped...

 

And when you released LMBTL and after more than a month you still dont see the song blazing through the charts and dont see any radio stations playing it... its really not far fetched to drop the idea of making a MV for it...

 

Seriously... a music video doesn't have to be that expensive... if not, take a look at VEVO, how many unknown artist have cool music videos???? thousands...

Watching the making of Le Miracle... it was shot with a digital RED ONE camera... seriously, this camera costs less than 40.000 $ even if RC wants to play with a camera, I'm pretty sure Celine can buy one for herself... To rent a RED ONE it can be more or less 500$ per day.. I could say this video costs less than 60.000 $ and I'm pretty sure they have a big budget in make up, dresses, catering and a lot of innecesary things to increase the budget...

But I have shot a kind of movie with the RED ONE during a month and we spent 6.000$...(my school had his own RED ONE) but it's not comparible.. what I say.. is that for Sony... to make a video, even for Celine, can be seriously cheap...

 

 

it's just lack of interest...

Posted
Yes let's boycott!! We all should stop buying French Canadian maple syrup.
  • Like 4
Posted
It's become quite obvious over the years that Sony know exactly what singles they are going to release months before Celine's albums are released. Why on earth can't they get her to shoot 2/3 videos for each these singles well in advance, before the busy promotion period starts, so they are ready to be used as soon as they decide to release each song?
  • Like 5
Posted
Actually, they can just use RC's camera to shoot a music video at her water park easily LOL
giphy.gif
Posted
JUST HEARD THAT SONY ANNOUNCED THAT THEY WILL NOT SHOOT A VIDEO FOR “LOVED ME BACK TO LIFE “ , WELL CONGRATULATIONS TO SONNY MUSIC THEY ARE GENIUS TO DESTROY …
  • Like 1
Posted
Why not though? I don't get it? Why wouldn't they? It's not about the money surely.
Posted
First lead single from Celine with no video and one of her best songs... Thanks Sony :glare:
Posted

I'm heartbroken, really. Not because we're not having this video, but because the things that may come later after such decision and what this can mean behind.

 

Certainly, not having a videoclip for the first single doesn't mean anything yet, but by all means is not a good sign. This is supposed to be her first english material in six years. Celine has never taken so long to release an album (which already gives everybody an idea to what degree of importance they give to release new albums nowadays in her career), and the first single is supposed to prepare the field of what comes next. So cancelling the video for the first single, when the album has not even been released, its already disappointing.

 

 

Well, this marks the end of Celine's music video days. Let's face it, music videos aren't played much anymore and most artists have their videos made nowadays thanks to product placement in music videos (eg: celebrity parfumes, Sony products, etc). A video could have made without the funding of the record company, it would just take them finding someone to sponser it. Clearly Celine's team thinks a video won't make or break the album sales...thus confirming that they aren't focused on promoting the single. Someone in her team decided showing the Quebec video and the behind the scenes video would be enough. It probably is, but we fans have been spoiled by marvelous Celine videos for over 25 years. I am disappointed, but clearly this album IS promoting her live shows. Not an album. Those days are gone. Thank those that download illegally.

 

 

That's where you're wrong. The MTV and VH1 era of having the best video is long gone. Her team knows the album doesn't need a video to support it. I don't like it as much as the next fan, but I do see their logic.

 

Alex, its not that we have to have a videoclip, its not an obligation. But its precisely because the release of a videoclip is still inherent to the single, nobody has to question if there's going to be a videoclip with such a big release like this. No fan here should be asking today if we will have a videoclip of this or that Celine Dion song, because it's Celine Dion!!!! You get what I mean? It's not the new amateur girl singing in the corner of the street.

 

The videoclip is a promotion tool that still comes today without asking for it-it's just natural. Nobody has to be asking if there will be a video to accompany the song. Except us, the Celine Dion fans :ermm:

 

I told this already the very first day the single was released, the 4th of september: the videoclip should have come next with the song, to post the video in every social network. And 2 questions come to my mind:

 

1) How come is that Sony Music has waited a full month to decide if they were doing a video? What they were waiting for? To see themselves how the song flops? To see how the big momentum the song had when it was released (first live in Quebec, then the full song in september) started to vanish? Because we all knew and we were all saying the same, "they have to take advantage of this huge momentum, they have to take advantage of the premiere in Quebec". And some said it was not a good a idea to release the song then. Well, the song was released in early september, and I was one of those who thought the video needed to be released asap. Again, some others though it was better to wait. To wait for what??? Here's the result, no video in end :confused1:

 

2) How come is possible that "Sans Attendre", a minor french release compared to an english album, has had 3 videoclips, and this song, first english single in SIX years hasn't??? Have they gone crazy? This is beyond any explainable reason to me.

 

 

That's where you're wrong. Nowadays Music videos are even more important than before, that's why artists release intricate lyric videos, behind the scenes, teasers and even trailers to Music videos..... live performances, acoustic performances are just the given bonus...not the official!!!! are they promoting the album or the DVD? I love the Quebec performance, but this is really the first time I really don't get what they're doin' since they decided to release GTSW as a single

 

Totally agree. With the arrival of social networks, Facebook, Twitter and especially Youtube, music videos are more important than ever. But great. Whenever we want to show someone how this Celine Dion new single sounds, or whenever we are with someone who wants to see how Celine looks today because its been AGES since they haven't heard of her, we'll have to go either for the Quebec video, or what's more ridiculous, we'll have to post the AUDIO video of the song. Excellent -_-

 

I am tired of Las Vegas.

 

So does Sony Music, Carlos :rolleyes:

  • Like 2

post-6419-0-03966000-1556709612.jpg

 

"Hush, now... I see a light in the sky"

Posted
We can put the money for the music video lol :(
  • Like 4
Posted (edited)

But yet those who called it were chastised and called "negative Nancy's"...

 

Like me for example? :P

 

Look, about this I have something else to say. I know how many times I've been saying the same things, stressing over the same critics and complaining about very specific things of her career.

 

I've been a very active fan in the Celine forums since 2001, and over these years I'm so very thankful of the great people I've met in them. Even if many people has called me "negative Nancy", whiner, complainer and who knows what else, I'm totally ok with that, I understand its not easy to deal with "negative" opinions or critics from other fans when you're so excited about the new material coming from your favourite artist, and again I have to thank those fans to bear with me in those "tough" times, when things don't turn out like I expected, and then I complain. But at the same time, there's a lot of other fans who know me well, and God knows how much I love this woman, far beyond the singer image of her, and they know that if I am that harsh with my opinions about her career, its only because I love her and as a fan, I want the best of her. Never to attack her or make anybody feel bad at it.

 

None of those times I felt bad for what I said, for speaking clear and being frank, until yesterday. Yesterday I've been told such bad things about the current situation of Céline's career in radios and even in Sony, that left me on the verge of tears. Because I really love her, and I felt really bad for all the fans waiting here for the video, excited, thrilled and building their hopes up with this single, with this album that we've been patiently waiting to arrive for no less than six years. We don't deserve this treat from them, let alone to see how many fans individually or in other fan groups are wasting their time day and night trying to promote this song in Twitter, Facebook, polls, websites etc and then what they get is a slap on their faces with no videoclip for the song. But guys, Celine and René are as much to blame as Sony. That's what hurts :down: .

 

And I know she's the best singer this planet has ever seen, but there's an increasing lack of understanding inside her own team and Sony Music, that it always ruins everything. There's not much Sony can do if Céline and René are satisfied with how things are going and Sony wants to make the world out of this and every album, but Céline and René say a big "NO". And at the same time, it seems there's a lot of confusion in what Celine really wants to do with her international career, and that's what worries me the most. Sometimes I think the worst enemy of all this poor situation with the promotion of her albums, singles etc is Céline herself. She's her worst enemy. And then we have René and his pig-headedness, but I don't even want to start with what I think of him right now -_-

 

That said, I just want to add that whatever they do and don't do with her albums, in the end we'll still have a new CD in our hands to enjoy (please do remind me this if I get boring or I enter the "complainer mode" with my posts LOL), and this GREAT forum to share our opinions, and that's something neither Sony Music nor Céline herself will cancel ^_^ :wub:

Edited by Javito
  • Like 4

post-6419-0-03966000-1556709612.jpg

 

"Hush, now... I see a light in the sky"

Posted

JUST HEARD THAT SONY ANNOUNCED THAT THEY WILL NOT SHOOT A VIDEO FOR “LOVED ME BACK TO LIFE “ , WELL CONGRATULATIONS TO SONNY MUSIC THEY ARE GENIUS TO DESTROY …

 

link? Did you see it on The Red Heads FB? Who the hell is that Jeremy guy? Is he some Sony insider? Can someone provide relieable source where either, Sony, Team Celine, Rene or Celine herself confirm this info. (so we can put it NEWS threat) This tweet just sounds like a fan cry which is actually pessimistic joke nothing else, and sadly he got some lucky publicity

http://imageshack.us/a/img138/7804/5tq2.png

Posted
Guys chart performance in other countries globally is promising both for the album n single. ..check out latest updates I have posted on the charts discussion. ..remember she has mass global reach...and although some of these successes are not directly visible to us...she is still doing incredibly well with zero promotion in those far flung countries without a music video might I add.....just love the moment you adoring fans...
  • Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...