Javito Posted October 3, 2013 at 11:37 AM Posted October 3, 2013 at 11:37 AM (edited) I am not really a regular radio listener, mostly because the same songs are played over and over by the same artists. Tonight a guy I work with had a popular radio station on. I noticed they played Applause by lady Gaga, which is a great dance song of course. And Blurred lines, another dance song. And the usual stuff that's popular now. Then I noticed they played Miley Cyrus brand new song and Katy Perry's brand new song, both of which aren't really "dance songs" but have a slower beat but nice melodies - just like LMBTL. And I have to admit, I like their new stuff. My question is why the hell will they not play Celine's song??? I know, I would guarantee a months paycheque that if Miley, Katy or Lady Gaga had recorded that song it would be played all the time and would definitely be in the top 5. Celine simply does not get the support she deserves from the industry or whoever is in charge of what is being played on the radio these days! Is it that her voice is too good? Do people not take her seriously as a singer any more? Do they think she's a joke? Is she too old? Is she too motherly? What the hell is it?? I know people will be like "oh wait and give it a chance" but really, it is so easy for other singers to get their music out there -music that isn't half as good as this new song! What is the deal??!! 2) BUZZ GENERATED. And Celine, has lost all this buzz generating because she is not really interested in. It's impossible to generate buzz in audience when you telle the same story over and over and it's not what people understand as a cool story.... If she keeps selling the story of her motherhood as she were the only mother in the world... nobody is interested in how she becomes a great mother and that she is selling her mansion and that she comes for a 14 brothers and sister... yes we know.. you have telling us that since your first Jay Leno interview.... Nothing new.... nothing buzz... Nowadays in music industry, or you are unknown but you have a magical and perfect song to get a one hit wonder or you fight strongly to grow up on charts (creating polemics, talking about serious things in interviews, attacking other singers, giving to the general public what general public wants... BLOOD)But all we know Celine or Rene are not interested in this new game... by the moment they have a sold out show in vegas, they have enough money to live easyly for the rest of their life and the next generation too. They have a faithful fanbase that will buy the CD what will assure another album maybe in 6 or 7 years... So why should us be worry about charts or airplays on radios if they are clearly not worried... just enjoy the song... as they do. It is a pitty it seems we are not going to have a video, what I still resist to think.. I think it should be release the last week of october or first of nov. But not because without a video this song will make no buzz.. I don't care about the charts and I don' think the video it's going to make nothing if MTV or VH1 refuse to put it... But for me the point is that they miss another chance to get involved in another artistry expression as the music videos can be... And it's not valid the money investment in a video nowadays that the technology has made it so cheap... and I know what I'm talking about, and if any artist nowadays can have a nicely shot muci video on youtube, of course Celine Dion can have a nice and original video too... (A Canon mark II camera it's only 3.000 $ so I think they can do it) It's only lack of interest... (so don't come saying in the interviews you love acting.... well maybe in the interviews...) I usually tend to ellaborate a lot on my posts and my opinions, but to sum up: 1) Céline has been focusing just too much on her performing career in Vegas and too little on her new albums over these years. Since 2003, if you have payed attention to her interviews when she released a new album, it has been all about Vegas, Vegas, and more about her shows in Vegas (when not a talk about her family life, mother, children and husband). Repeat this for like 10 times with each album, in every TV interview she has done. Too little time dedicated to the new album she had in her hands and much less time dedicated to show the new songs to the world. 2) Her performing career in her concerts this past decade has rested always in the success she had in the 90's. Her concerts between 2003 and 2009 have always revolved around her hits of the past decade. They have not evolved at all. She has released new albums between 2002 and 2012, and yet her concerts are made mostly of her pre-2000 hits. Over and over again. Everything she has done on a stage since 2003 (despite having new albums released) has been done on the basis of her old 90's hits and songs. There was a new album in 2002, but there was no tour to promote the new songs of ANDHC or All The Way. There was a new album in 2003, and it was totally neglected in her Vegas show except for IDAN. There was a new album in 2007 and she did a world tour, but yet the new album Taking Chances, and her most recent previous albums, ANDHC and One Heart, were again neglected. So where are the new songs in her concerts? Where was ANDHC, One Heart and TC in her 2008 tour, except for I'm Alive (which she had been performing for years in Vegas already) and 6 songs of the new album? Where are these 3 albums in the new show "Celine"? They shine for its total absence guys. And where are other songs of her discography that were also singles, but not as popular as her hits, like "The Last To Know", "Nothing Broken But My Heart", "Water From The Moon", "Only One Road", "Think Twice", "Misled", "Next Plane Out", "Falling Into You", "Call The Man", "When I Need You", "That's The Way It Is", "Immortality", "Treat Her Like A Lady", to name a few, etc etc etc? Neglected, as always. Guys, she has worn out to death the same bunch of 5-7 hits for YEARS and years and years. Invariably. An artist who does these things can't be seriously taken in the industry and radios guys Her discography career and her performing career are completely "disconnected". They talk different languages, and that has been a big mistake. Edited October 3, 2013 at 11:46 AM by Javito 3 Quote "Hush, now... I see a light in the sky"
davidjag79 Posted October 3, 2013 at 03:51 PM Posted October 3, 2013 at 03:51 PM I've been saying this for the last month. We are not going to get a video. Sony was waiting to see how this song did before investing in a video. It's so sad to think that after 6 years, this is how they planned her "comeback". René seemed so surprised by the success of SA, did he not believe that the same success could be achieved by an English album? This album was delayed by a freaking year. You'd think that he could have pushed Sony to do a video for this song. A month after the song's release and with a miserable failure at US and Canadian pop and AC radio (except Quebec AC) there's nothing more that can be done for LMBTL at this point. Even the video wouldn't help. If it hasn't been shot yet, it would pointless to release one now. Plus it wouldn't be ready for another month. So sad that this amazing song got this kind of treatment. If Celine's wish is for Sia to write her more songs, her team should show Sia some respect and give the lead-single the investment it deserves. Where do you get this information? "it wouldn't be ready for another month" They can film a video in 2 days editing does not take that long. What do you think she will be filming? a movie? C'mon I admit I have been impatient about LMBTL having a video (mainly because of the negativity that has been posted here on the forum) I will be very disappointed if there is not one, but It is not out of the question that we will get one. In the meantime let's enjoy this great song even if it is not "mainstream popular" I would rather be a fan of a talented vocalist that doesn't get radio play vs. a mediocre singer who shows skin to demand attention. Rant over 2 Quote I have waited for so long...for a miracle to come, A New Day Has Come!! http://i49.tinypic.com/1q1q4i.jpg
ehild Posted October 3, 2013 at 04:34 PM Posted October 3, 2013 at 04:34 PM I think the Live in Quebec video is the music video for LMBTL. Disappointing, yes. But it is what it is at this point. I realize editing doesn't take that long but I think if they were going to do one it would have already been shot by now. I'm really hoping the video for Incredible isn't going to be what she does on Le Banquier, if they release one for it. I do wish she and her team would care a bit more. Everyone does make some interesting points on here and I wish it was the other way around. I realize she's in her 40's and may not get the air-time she once did but I feel like so much more could still be done, regardless. 1 Quote ~Liz"Please don't make your career your life. Let it be your passion, let it bring you pleasure, but don't let it become your identity. You are so much more valuable than that." -Celine
CSCfan Posted October 3, 2013 at 04:39 PM Posted October 3, 2013 at 04:39 PM Guys, last time, we WILL get a music video for 'Loved Me Back To Life', have some patience and wait out October.... 5 Quote »»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» MATHIAS ««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzPrxI0AIDY
Prima_Donna1 Posted October 3, 2013 at 04:43 PM Posted October 3, 2013 at 04:43 PM (edited) Guys, last time, we WILL get a music video for 'Loved Me Back To Life', have some patience and wait out October....Exactly! I don't know why people keep saying there won't be a video when they don't even know what's going on yet. Edited October 3, 2013 at 04:43 PM by Prima_Donna1 3 Quote Apprends-Moi tes Secrets...http://i789.photobucket.com/albums/yy180/miss_daly2881/post-1110-0-56076900-1358706235_thumb.jpg
Bóól'át'í Posted October 3, 2013 at 04:54 PM Posted October 3, 2013 at 04:54 PM Guys, last time, we WILL get a music video for 'Loved Me Back To Life', have some patience and wait out October.... So by your logic they should prep and film the video soon and release it in Nov? But by that time, LMBTL might be a distant memory. The song is stagnant on AC, out of the Top 200 in France and out of the Hot 100 in Canada. Hate to say it but LMBTL is finished. So to release a video in Nov is, to say the least, not economically stimulating for the song. It won't even help the song to rebound enough to move back up the charts. What's more logical in my opinion is to release the second single and make a video for that song and release it around the same time the album is out. Double whammy for promotion. Of course, radio most likely won't play the second song too but regardless there'll be a new video to help move albums. That's a great business plan there. Quote
LuisMa Posted October 3, 2013 at 04:56 PM Posted October 3, 2013 at 04:56 PM I still want to have that video no matter what. The song is great, and it would be super sad that this would be the very first time a lead-off single doesn't have a video. 3 Quote
Alex_Incognito Posted October 3, 2013 at 05:00 PM Posted October 3, 2013 at 05:00 PM There was a new album in 2003, and it was totally neglected in her Vegas show except for IDAN. "Have You Ever Been In Love" was performed, as was "Et je t'aime encore" later on (yes, the French version, but it was at least a part of that album). Quote "People pay 20-25 dollars to see you."- Céline Dion, 1990
zenmeban Posted October 3, 2013 at 05:01 PM Posted October 3, 2013 at 05:01 PM I personally never doubted there would be a music video, I just deplore the total lack of update/announcement from the record company, which is necessary to build anticipation. If people were aware that there's a music video to be released soon, they would probably watch the song more on youtube, while waiting for the actual video. But instead, people watch the song once on vevo and think "thats's it? no music video? ok there's nothing else to see here..." and they just download the song illegally and don't bother coming back to Celine's Vevo. I'm not even mentioning the complete useless official website. Sony don't seem to realize that it's not normal for a superstar like Celine to have so few comments on the articles posted, it's just that people know that there's nothing interesting in there. 3 Quote BRICEhttp://s17.postimg.org/7igcotu27/DFGHLK.jpg
Javito Posted October 3, 2013 at 05:32 PM Posted October 3, 2013 at 05:32 PM Sony Music and Céline's team: always retarded and late, as if they were actually in a coma, like the song itself says 2 Quote "Hush, now... I see a light in the sky"
davidjag79 Posted October 3, 2013 at 05:35 PM Posted October 3, 2013 at 05:35 PM I've been saying this for the last month. We are not going to get a video. Sony was waiting to see how this song did before investing in a video. It's so sad to think that after 6 years, this is how they planned her "comeback". René seemed so surprised by the success of SA, did he not believe that the same success could be achieved by an English album? This album was delayed by a freaking year. You'd think that he could have pushed Sony to do a video for this song. A month after the song's release and with a miserable failure at US and Canadian pop and AC radio (except Quebec AC) there's nothing more that can be done for LMBTL at this point. Even the video wouldn't help. If it hasn't been shot yet, it would pointless to release one now. Plus it wouldn't be ready for another month. So sad that this amazing song got this kind of treatment. If Celine's wish is for Sia to write her more songs, her team should show Sia some respect and give the lead-single the investment it deserves. Secondly to quote you "with a miserable failure at US and Canadian pop and AC radio (except Quebec AC)" LMBTL on USA Today airplay charts in AC was @ #23 up from #28 with 258 spins last week http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/music/2012/10/15/airplay-charts/1635101/ (granted not great) but where are you getting your info? I am not happy with the way Sony has handled her career as far as promo is concerned but I think a lot of fans on the forum are negative Nancy's (look it up) I know a lot of it has to do with her age. 3 Quote I have waited for so long...for a miracle to come, A New Day Has Come!! http://i49.tinypic.com/1q1q4i.jpg
LuisMa Posted October 3, 2013 at 05:35 PM Posted October 3, 2013 at 05:35 PM Why retarded, Javis? Quote
Javito Posted October 3, 2013 at 05:40 PM Posted October 3, 2013 at 05:40 PM Why retarded, Javis? Because they're always so slow, delaying things. Who on Earth thought of releasing the single on september 4th and the video who knows if it will be released 2 months later, when the album hits the stores? The videoclip should have been released very shortly after the single, its always been like that! Except with Celine. Quote "Hush, now... I see a light in the sky"
LuisMa Posted October 3, 2013 at 05:43 PM Posted October 3, 2013 at 05:43 PM Because they're always so slow, delaying things. Who on Earth thought of releasing the single on september 4th and the video who knows if it will be released 2 months later, when the album hits the stores? The videoclip should have been released very shortly after the single, its always been like that! Except with Celine. Oh ok, you meant with delay. I thought the meaning intended was another. Nevermind. Quote
Alex_Incognito Posted October 3, 2013 at 05:46 PM Posted October 3, 2013 at 05:46 PM Using the word "retarded" in English is politically incorrect. I think you're using it based on your Spanish meaning late. My students always giggle when I teach them "en retard" in French. I then stare at them unamused. 7 Quote "People pay 20-25 dollars to see you."- Céline Dion, 1990
Javito Posted October 3, 2013 at 06:12 PM Posted October 3, 2013 at 06:12 PM Oh ok, you meant with delay. I thought the meaning intended was another. Nevermind. No no, I know what you mean, but that wasn't at all the meaning I wanted to give it. It can also be used for being "late" or "slow" doing something, without meaning anything else than that. Sony is always late with Céline! 1 Quote "Hush, now... I see a light in the sky"
LukeD Posted October 3, 2013 at 07:03 PM Posted October 3, 2013 at 07:03 PM (edited) So much negativity here! Chill out and be happy we're getting a new album and that Celine sounds amazing (''Incredible'' snippet, anyone?). Edited October 3, 2013 at 07:04 PM by LukeD 6 Quote
québecflower Posted October 3, 2013 at 07:04 PM Posted October 3, 2013 at 07:04 PM Secondly to quote you "with a miserable failure at US and Canadian pop and AC radio (except Quebec AC)" LMBTL on USA Today airplay charts in AC was @ #23 up from #28 with 258 spins last week http://www.usatoday....charts/1635101/ (granted not great) but where are you getting your info? I am not happy with the way Sony has handled her career as far as promo is concerned but I think a lot of fans on the forum are negative Nancy's (look it up) I know a lot of it has to do with her age. i think it can grow still. This is so new for Celine, it takes time to absorb. And she is an older artist. But i'm still hopeful. 1 Quote Plus qu'ailleurs , but now Si c'était à refaire , i still love tant de temps....
québecflower Posted October 3, 2013 at 07:05 PM Posted October 3, 2013 at 07:05 PM Using the word "retarded" in English is politically incorrect. I think you're using it based on your Spanish meaning late. My students always giggle when I teach them "en retard" in French. I then stare at them unamused. in french we say attardé Quote Plus qu'ailleurs , but now Si c'était à refaire , i still love tant de temps....
Javito Posted October 3, 2013 at 07:09 PM Posted October 3, 2013 at 07:09 PM So much negativity here! Chill out and be happy we're getting a new album and that Celine sounds amazing (''Incredible'' snippet, anyone?). It's always both sides with Sony and Céline, you know that. I'm so excited for the bonus DVD we're getting but I can't deny that the Target edition today has been a bummer, especially for all those fans who expected more bonustracks or an alternate cover for this so called "exclusive editions". Positive side: we still can hope for the Walmart and Japan editions! I'm sure the Japan CD won't disappoint, they know how to treat the fans in Japan! 1 Quote "Hush, now... I see a light in the sky"
LukeD Posted October 3, 2013 at 07:15 PM Posted October 3, 2013 at 07:15 PM It's always both sides with Sony and Céline, you know that. I'm so excited for the bonus DVD we're getting but I can't deny that the Target edition today has been a bummer, especially for all those fans who expected more bonustracks or an alternate cover for this so called "exclusive editions". Positive side: we still can hope for the Walmart and Japan editions! I'm sure the Japan CD won't disappoint, they know how to treat the fans in Japan! http://1.1.1.1/bmi/www.celinedionforum.com/public/style_emoticons/default/smile.png Ι have no hopes for the Japanese Edition. I expect How Do You Keep The Music Playing and Lullaby (Goodnight My Angel) to be tracks #14 & #15. I'm just excited we're getting new material. I'm buying the Standard Edition cause it seems much more coherent than the Deluxe Edition with its random Vegas covers in the end, but I'm going to listen to Open Arms, Lullaby, How Do You Keep The Music Playing which I regard as extra gifts. 2 Quote
dmeredith Posted October 3, 2013 at 07:21 PM Posted October 3, 2013 at 07:21 PM in french we say attardé Well, I've taught Spanish and French for quite a few years in the United States and I've taught from quite a few different textbooks. The expression for being "late" is always "être en retard". I don't doubt that you might use "attardé". Is that perhaps an expression only used in Canada? The books that I always have in my classroom pretty much use expressions used in France. Occasionally we will see extra expressions that are used in Canada. So, I've never seen "attardé" before. It's always nice to learn new things!!! :-) 1 Quote
Javito Posted October 3, 2013 at 07:25 PM Posted October 3, 2013 at 07:25 PM Ι have no hopes for the Japanese Edition. I expect How Do You Keep The Music Playing and Lullaby (Goodnight My Angel) to be tracks #14 & #15. I'm just excited we're getting new material. I'm buying the Standard Edition cause it seems much more coherent than the Deluxe Edition with its random Vegas covers in the end, but I'm going to listen to Open Arms, Lullaby, How Do You Keep The Music Playing which I regard as extra gifts. Of course I will too But I will look them more as "iTunes/digital bonustracks from her Vegas show" than actually songs that belong to "Loved Me Back To Life" as a new album. I still can't believe its been 6 years to end up with just 11 new songs. Because the resting 4 they knew they would end up in the album since 2011, so two more long years just for 11 songs Quote "Hush, now... I see a light in the sky"
québecflower Posted October 3, 2013 at 07:27 PM Posted October 3, 2013 at 07:27 PM (edited) Well, I've taught Spanish and French for quite a few years in the United States and I've taught from quite a few different textbooks. The expression for being "late" is always "être en retard". I don't doubt that you might use "attardé". Is that perhaps an expression only used in Canada? The books that I always have in my classroom pretty much use expressions used in France. Occasionally we will see extra expressions that are used in Canada. So, I've never seen "attardé" before. It's always nice to learn new things!!! :-) attardé for retarded, late: en retard that was i meaning be sure to not say attardé in quebec . I don't know if it's common usage in France. Sorry, you are absolutely right. Edited October 3, 2013 at 07:28 PM by québecflower 1 Quote Plus qu'ailleurs , but now Si c'était à refaire , i still love tant de temps....
zuv Posted October 3, 2013 at 07:27 PM Posted October 3, 2013 at 07:27 PM Using the word "retarded" in English is politically incorrect. I think you're using it based on your Spanish meaning late. My students always giggle when I teach them "en retard" in French. I then stare at them unamused. Loll i once said "Bonne Fete en retard!!!" to my good friend from the states, and she gave me that look on her face... and said "did you just call me retard?!?!" 7 Quote
CSCfan Posted October 3, 2013 at 07:47 PM Posted October 3, 2013 at 07:47 PM So by your logic they should prep and film the video soon and release it in Nov? But by that time, LMBTL might be a distant memory. The song is stagnant on AC, out of the Top 200 in France and out of the Hot 100 in Canada. Hate to say it but LMBTL is finished. So to release a video in Nov is, to say the least, not economically stimulating for the song. It won't even help the song to rebound enough to move back up the charts. What's more logical in my opinion is to release the second single and make a video for that song and release it around the same time the album is out. Double whammy for promotion. Of course, radio most likely won't play the second song too but regardless there'll be a new video to help move albums. That's a great business plan there. No, because they will concentrate most of the promo on late Oct/November, for the album, as well as the single. LMTBL definately has more life to it.. it just had a slow start. 1 Quote »»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» MATHIAS ««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzPrxI0AIDY
ehild Posted October 3, 2013 at 07:54 PM Posted October 3, 2013 at 07:54 PM I personally never doubted there would be a music video, I just deplore the total lack of update/announcement from the record company, which is necessary to build anticipation. If people were aware that there's a music video to be released soon, they would probably watch the song more on youtube, while waiting for the actual video. But instead, people watch the song once on vevo and think "thats's it? no music video? ok there's nothing else to see here..." and they just download the song illegally and don't bother coming back to Celine's Vevo. I'm not even mentioning the complete useless official website. Sony don't seem to realize that it's not normal for a superstar like Celine to have so few comments on the articles posted, it's just that people know that there's nothing interesting in there. I think it's the lack of updates, at least official ones, that makes people/fans think there won't be one. I'm fine if it's not released tomorrow if that's what they want to do (even though I'd love for it to be out tomorrow! ) but if someone would just say something..... As much as I hate to admit it, I'll probably download the two songs from Japan's version online. Between work and my child, I just don't have the time to do all that shopping, etc. Although, work has been dead lately (hence the increase in posts). Quote ~Liz"Please don't make your career your life. Let it be your passion, let it bring you pleasure, but don't let it become your identity. You are so much more valuable than that." -Celine
LukeD Posted October 3, 2013 at 08:00 PM Posted October 3, 2013 at 08:00 PM Of course I will too http://1.1.1.1/bmi/www.celinedionforum.com/public/style_emoticons/default/smile.png But I will look them more as "iTunes/digital bonustracks from her Vegas show" than actually songs that belong to "Loved Me Back To Life" as a new album. I still can't believe its been 6 years to end up with just 11 new songs. Because the resting 4 they knew they would end up in the album since 2011, so two more long years just for 11 songs http://1.1.1.5/bmi/www.celinedionforum.com/public/style_emoticons/default/down.gif I see where you're coming from and I'll tell you what I've been saying to myself (): These 11 new songs are ALL going to be amazing! You know, how in every english album she has released there are around 10 solid tracks and the rest 4-6 are fillers? Well, with this album they just deleted the filler tracks and only kept the great ones! 3 Quote
LuisMa Posted October 3, 2013 at 08:47 PM Posted October 3, 2013 at 08:47 PM No no, I know what you mean, but that wasn't at all the meaning I wanted to give it. It can also be used for being "late" or "slow" doing something, without meaning anything else than that. Sony is always late with Céline! I know Javis, don't need to excuse it. You didn't do anything wrong, that's why I said nevermind. Quote
davidjag79 Posted October 3, 2013 at 09:09 PM Posted October 3, 2013 at 09:09 PM They are waiting for the go ahead from their legal team to film the video at the Jupiter water park because they put it on the market 1 Quote I have waited for so long...for a miracle to come, A New Day Has Come!! http://i49.tinypic.com/1q1q4i.jpg
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.