CelineDionFreak Posted July 6, 2014 at 06:07 PM Posted July 6, 2014 at 06:07 PM Thanks for translating! What was that girl thinking!? That had to be horrible. How do you explain that accident at work the next day, haha. I hope she was okay! Fascinating! I hope this does not come out the wrong way, and I apologize in advance if it does, but I find it so interesting that people would see it as insulting! In America, it would be the exact opposite: subtitles would be a sign of inclusion, that everyone is welcome to enjoy the experience, and an acknowledgment that not all of the relevant parties speak (in the case of America) English. I am not saying shows always have subtitles in America, they do not. But, some places do have announcements in both English and Spanish (for example, airports). My point, and what is fascinating to me about your comments, goes to the mindset of what subtitles would convey to an audience in terms of if they would be viewed as insulting or viewed as a positive sign of inclusion. It is clearly just a cultural difference, but I find it so fascinating that people would be insulted by subtitles! (This is not sarcastic at all. I really do think it is interesting how different cultures view language and how that manifests itself). I could see that being more the attitude in Quebec, but I am surprised the attitude would exist in France as well. But, then again, language is central to identity. Anyway, I just thought your points were fascinating, and I truly do appreciate the insight! Thank you! Edit: If I do not edit it a note, I am likely to get people upset: I am not trying to speak for all Americans here. Just an overall opinion and mindset, that being said, I recognize people from all all countries and cultures view issues differently. Anyway, I hope they do include subtitles! I agree with Chocolatechip15's above post, even French subtitles would be helpful. I am only just learning French and it is much easier for me to work through a translation if there are subtitles to help out. French subtitles would be really helpful. I'm in French at school, and while I can pick up little bits and pieces when Celine speaks, I can't understand a lot of it cause she goes so fast sometimes. 1 Quote I didn't know love until they loved me back to life because somebody loves somebody!Le temps qui compte pour Celine est maintenant!
québecflower Posted July 6, 2014 at 06:41 PM Posted July 6, 2014 at 06:41 PM Thanks for translating! What was that girl thinking!? That had to be horrible. How do you explain that accident at work the next day, haha. I hope she was okay! Fascinating! I hope this does not come out the wrong way, and I apologize in advance if it does, but I find it so interesting that people would see it as insulting! In America, it would be the exact opposite: subtitles would be a sign of inclusion, that everyone is welcome to enjoy the experience, and an acknowledgment that not all of the relevant parties speak (in the case of America) English. I am not saying shows always have subtitles in America, they do not. But, some places do have announcements in both English and Spanish (for example, airports). My point, and what is fascinating to me about your comments, goes to the mindset of what subtitles would convey to an audience in terms of if they would be viewed as insulting or viewed as a positive sign of inclusion. It is clearly just a cultural difference, but I find it so fascinating that people would be insulted by subtitles! (This is not sarcastic at all. I really do think it is interesting how different cultures view language and how that manifests itself). I could see that being more the attitude in Quebec, but I am surprised the attitude would exist in France as well. But, then again, language is central to identity. Anyway, I just thought your points were fascinating, and I truly do appreciate the insight! Thank you! Edit: If I do not edit it a note, I am likely to get people upset: I am not trying to speak for all Americans here. Just an overall opinion and mindset, that being said, I recognize people from all all countries and cultures view issues differently. Anyway, I hope they do include subtitles! I agree with Chocolatechip15's above post, even French subtitles would be helpful. I am only just learning French and it is much easier for me to work through a translation if there are subtitles to help out.if the program would be broadcasted in english speaking countries, they would put subtitles , i'm sure. And french subtitles are available when you watch it directly. I wonder if someone record it, if the subtiltles could be showed. I hope her team could put those shows in french available for others , would be a good idea. It is often where she is the most funny and likeable. I understand your point about the language, but you have to understand that keeping our language is not an easy thing in North America. Should french people battle for it? Is it a good thing to keep our culture? i think so , And if we begin to put english subtitles on french programs, could be a good thing if it gathers more audience, but it could be perceived by some as if we would begin to lose our will wanting to preserve french, even if it is not true. And it would not be good for Celine in Quebec, where she kept her fans because she always put an importance to her french work. And i think people from France are happy about that also. And don't worry, i'm not upset. 4 Quote Plus qu'ailleurs , but now Si c'était à refaire , i still love tant de temps....
NicoNV Posted July 6, 2014 at 07:17 PM Posted July 6, 2014 at 07:17 PM (edited) if the program would be broadcasted in english speaking countries, they would put subtitles , i'm sure. And french subtitles are available when you watch it directly. I wonder if someone record it, if the subtiltles could be showed. I hope her team could put those shows in french available for others , would be a good idea. It is often where she is the most funny and likeable. I understand your point about the language, but you have to understand that keeping our language is not an easy thing in North America. Should french people battle for it? Is it a good thing to keep our culture? i think so , And if we begin to put english subtitles on french programs, could be a good thing if it gathers more audience, but it could be perceived by some as if we would begin to lose our will wanting to preserve french, even if it is not true. And it would not be good for Celine in Quebec, where she kept her fans because she always put an importance to her french work. And i think people from France are happy about that also. And don't worry, i'm not upset. I absolutely see your point! Honestly, just reading the comment that subtitles might be offensive was interesting to me because I had not stopped to consider that perspective. I appreciated the comments because it taught me something about a cultural perspective I should keep in mind (and not just on a Celine Dion message board). I would imagine everyone has strong feelings for their culture and origins, which may have been why the comments struck such a cord with me. I 100% agree and see your point now, however, my initial reaction was kind of to be hurt because it seemed like it was a protectionist attitude designed to exclude people from an experience. I read the posts again though and thought it over, and I understood their motivation a bit better--which is why I said I appreciated the insight (and now that I better understand them, I do not take it personally)! Your comments were helpful as well, because it demonstrates just how close this issue is to people from Quebec and how much it plays a role in life in Quebec. Language issues in America come up once in a while, but they are seldom so close to the surface. It's important for everyone to learn that is not the case everywhere. Thank you for your reply! But, like I said, I understand your point and I do appreciate your comments. Who knew Celine Dion could lead to such a better cultural understanding of important issues, haha. Edited July 6, 2014 at 07:18 PM by NicoNV 1 Quote
nuts2you Posted July 6, 2014 at 08:42 PM Posted July 6, 2014 at 08:42 PM this is getting VERY interesting topic. None the less Quote
CelineDionFreak Posted July 6, 2014 at 09:00 PM Posted July 6, 2014 at 09:00 PM All I'm hoping for is French subtitles. I know enough after 2 years of French to get the main idea. Quote I didn't know love until they loved me back to life because somebody loves somebody!Le temps qui compte pour Celine est maintenant!
Del Posted July 6, 2014 at 10:13 PM Posted July 6, 2014 at 10:13 PM Thanks for translating! What was that girl thinking!? That had to be horrible. How do you explain that accident at work the next day, haha. I hope she was okay! Fascinating! I hope this does not come out the wrong way, and I apologize in advance if it does, but I find it so interesting that people would see it as insulting! In America, it would be the exact opposite: subtitles would be a sign of inclusion, that everyone is welcome to enjoy the experience, and an acknowledgment that not all of the relevant parties speak (in the case of America) English. I am not saying shows always have subtitles in America, they do not. But, some places do have announcements in both English and Spanish (for example, airports). My point, and what is fascinating to me about your comments, goes to the mindset of what subtitles would convey to an audience in terms of if they would be viewed as insulting or viewed as a positive sign of inclusion. It is clearly just a cultural difference, but I find it so fascinating that people would be insulted by subtitles! (This is not sarcastic at all. I really do think it is interesting how different cultures view language and how that manifests itself). I could see that being more the attitude in Quebec, but I am surprised the attitude would exist in France as well. But, then again, language is central to identity. Anyway, I just thought your points were fascinating, and I truly do appreciate the insight! Thank you! Edit: If I do not edit it a note, I am likely to get people upset: I am not trying to speak for all Americans here. Just an overall opinion and mindset, that being said, I recognize people from all all countries and cultures view issues differently. Anyway, I hope they do include subtitles! I agree with Chocolatechip15's above post, even French subtitles would be helpful. I am only just learning French and it is much easier for me to work through a translation if there are subtitles to help out.We also have messages in both English and French in airports and many other places as well. There are certain instances where an English or a French show would have subtitles or translation but it's only on special occasions such as government ceremonies etc. In this instance as previously explain is more of a language thing. The protection of language is huge in Quebec and being French Canadian living in and English province I know just how difficult it is to protect your language. Some people thing that the protection of the language has gone too far others think not far enough. It's a very interesting thing. 3 Quote Instagram: @delphis78
québecflower Posted July 6, 2014 at 10:41 PM Posted July 6, 2014 at 10:41 PM We also have messages in both English and French in airports and many other places as well. There are certain instances where an English or a French show would have subtitles or translation but it's only on special occasions such as government ceremonies etc. In this instance as previously explain is more of a language thing. The protection of language is huge in Quebec and being French Canadian living in and English province I know just how difficult it is to protect your language. Some people thing that the protection of the language has gone too far others think not far enough. It's a very interesting thing.and this why , now , i understand more Pierre-Elliot Trudeau wanting to protect french more for the people outside of Quebec. I think that without him, french would be in even more in difficulty evrywhere outside of Quebec if it is possible. 1 Quote Plus qu'ailleurs , but now Si c'était à refaire , i still love tant de temps....
DionFanAlways Posted July 7, 2014 at 01:31 AM Posted July 7, 2014 at 01:31 AM and this why , now , i understand more Pierre-Elliot Trudeau wanting to protect french more for the people outside of Quebec. I think that without him, french would be in even more in difficulty evrywhere outside of Quebec if it is possible.that is a scary situation. Quote I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
Popular Post québecflower Posted July 8, 2014 at 06:50 PM Popular Post Posted July 8, 2014 at 06:50 PM (edited) So, by readind a Julie Snyder interview, i've learned there will be 5-6 little segments with Celine, with the twins, backstage of the show including her quick changes, etc...She will sing one song live, a duo with Francis Cabrel, Encore et encore....i'm very happy about it . It will be good. :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNrMwHssrpo Edited July 8, 2014 at 06:51 PM by québecflower 8 Quote Plus qu'ailleurs , but now Si c'était à refaire , i still love tant de temps....
CelineDionFreak Posted July 8, 2014 at 07:03 PM Posted July 8, 2014 at 07:03 PM So, by readind a Julie Snyder interview, i've learned there will be 5-6 little segments with Celine, with the twins, backstage of the show including her quick changes, etc...She will sing one song live, a duo with Francis Cabrel, Encore et encore....i'm very happy about it . It will be good. :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNrMwHssrpo Yay! Can you post the article link? And quick changes? Cool! One song?! From French or LMBTL? One more question- do we know the date this will air yet? Quote I didn't know love until they loved me back to life because somebody loves somebody!Le temps qui compte pour Celine est maintenant!
québecflower Posted July 8, 2014 at 07:18 PM Posted July 8, 2014 at 07:18 PM Yay! Can you post the article link? And quick changes? Cool! One song?! From French or LMBTL? One more question- do we know the date this will air yet? don't have the link, read it when at the hairdresser...The song is Encore et encore like the video i posted. Don't know the date still... Quote Plus qu'ailleurs , but now Si c'était à refaire , i still love tant de temps....
CelineDionFreak Posted July 8, 2014 at 07:43 PM Posted July 8, 2014 at 07:43 PM don't have the link, read it when at the hairdresser...The song is Encore et encore like the video i posted. Don't know the date still... Oh ok cool! Oh ok I looked again and it said one song was that one. Makes sense! Can't wait to see though! 1 Quote I didn't know love until they loved me back to life because somebody loves somebody!Le temps qui compte pour Celine est maintenant!
celine-rc Posted July 8, 2014 at 07:54 PM Posted July 8, 2014 at 07:54 PM DASFDLKAFJDLASKJFDASKLFJDALKJASF SHE IS GOING TO SING WTH FRANCIS CABREL !!!??? OMD !!!!!! DASFLDKAJFLKAJLKAJLSKJFSDKL 2 Quote http://images.lpcdn.ca/435x290/201103/17/305341.jpg Merci Céline pour ces deux soirées inoubliables que j'ai passées à tes côtés. Je ne les oublierais jamais. J't'adore Céline. Merci. <3
CELINEFAN01 Posted July 9, 2014 at 12:59 AM Posted July 9, 2014 at 12:59 AM So, by readind a Julie Snyder interview, i've learned there will be 5-6 little segments with Celine, with the twins, backstage of the show including her quick changes, etc...She will sing one song live, a duo with Francis Cabrel, Encore et encore....i'm very happy about it . It will be good. :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNrMwHssrpo That's the September special??? 😃😃😃 Quote
Jamieb12321 Posted July 9, 2014 at 01:00 AM Posted July 9, 2014 at 01:00 AM don't have the link, read it when at the hairdresser...The song is Encore et encore like the video i posted. Don't know the date still... Omg I'm so excited!! I hope they sing it on Monday when I'm there 😃 2 Quote
québecflower Posted July 9, 2014 at 01:18 AM Posted July 9, 2014 at 01:18 AM That's the September special??? that's the song they will sing.. :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: i hope it will as good as in my memory. 2 Quote Plus qu'ailleurs , but now Si c'était à refaire , i still love tant de temps....
smash Posted July 9, 2014 at 02:20 PM Posted July 9, 2014 at 02:20 PM lets ask Julie Snyder on her official facebook and twitter and email for J Productions to get the English subtitles That's a good idea. Sharon Quote
smash Posted July 9, 2014 at 02:25 PM Posted July 9, 2014 at 02:25 PM ryba you need to ask her when they are going to release the Paris concerts. on DVDYes, this DVD too, this one is EXTREMELY important. Ha ha!!! As is the other one. Sharon Quote
ryba Posted July 9, 2014 at 06:06 PM Posted July 9, 2014 at 06:06 PM For me even a CD would sufice I would love to have Loved me back to life in the orchestral version The one in Quebeck was rather the same as on the album Quote
Ororo Munroe Posted July 9, 2014 at 07:18 PM Posted July 9, 2014 at 07:18 PM Just imagine if Cabrel works on a french album for Céline, I would die, It could be one of the best news for her french career. This guy is a genius ! 1 Quote
mirage Posted July 9, 2014 at 08:49 PM Posted July 9, 2014 at 08:49 PM I always LOVED that snippet of 30 seconds, so I cant wait to see and hear a full version! Quote
Angel2006 Posted July 9, 2014 at 09:54 PM Posted July 9, 2014 at 09:54 PM When is this show airing again? I can't wait to see it! 1 Quote
Jamieb12321 Posted July 10, 2014 at 12:11 AM Posted July 10, 2014 at 12:11 AM When is this show airing again? I can't wait to see it! In September.... I'll be there so I'll let u guys know what happens at least at the taping 5 Quote
Xpresso Posted July 10, 2014 at 11:58 AM Posted July 10, 2014 at 11:58 AM To NicoNV re subtitles and inclusion...As a comparison, let's suppose there is this big TV show done for USA and UK markets, broadcasted on major TV networks.. I really doubt that the show would have Spanish (or French) subtitles in America... It's about the same situation but reversed... Quote
Angel2006 Posted July 12, 2014 at 02:14 PM Posted July 12, 2014 at 02:14 PM It was mentioned that this airs in Sept, but does anyone know when this episode with Celine is actually getting taped? There is an article saying that Celine will be in Montreal for 10 days. Does anyone know if she's there yet and if there's any pics? Quote
NicoNV Posted July 12, 2014 at 02:37 PM Posted July 12, 2014 at 02:37 PM (edited) To NicoNV re subtitles and inclusion...As a comparison, let's suppose there is this big TV show done for USA and UK markets, broadcasted on major TV networks.. I really doubt that the show would have Spanish (or French) subtitles in America... It's about the same situation but reversed... Yeah, I get that. My comments were more about the comments and attitude toward closed captions. But, like I said, it was interesting to learn about, and valuable to get that perspective! It was mentioned that this airs in Sept, but does anyone know when this episode with Celine is actually getting taped? There is an article saying that Celine will be in Montreal for 10 days. Does anyone know if she's there yet and if there's any pics? The episode is being taped this month, and there may be photos from that taping. She is doing that charity event (singing with the choir that won that competition) in a few days, so I would imagine there will be photos of that. However, I believe the rest of the time is just a family rest/vacation time, so I doubt (and hope we do not) get pictures from that (I know you were not asking for photos of their private time with their family, I just added the last part so I could provide a more complete answer in terms of what the article reported as her schedule while in Montreal). Edited July 12, 2014 at 02:37 PM by NicoNV Quote
Angel2006 Posted July 12, 2014 at 03:11 PM Posted July 12, 2014 at 03:11 PM Thanks NicoNV. It's being taped this month, but does anyone know the actual date of the taping? Celine is taping it while she is in Montreal for these 10 days right? Quote
chocolatechip15 Posted July 12, 2014 at 03:36 PM Posted July 12, 2014 at 03:36 PM Thanks NicoNV. It's being taped this month, but does anyone know the actual date of the taping? Celine is taping it while she is in Montreal for these 10 days right? I think it might be today or very soon . . the Red Heads posted pictures on Facebook of groups of fans standing near guys wearing L'Ete Indien t-shirts setting up for something. https://www.facebook.com/lesredheads Quote
CelineDionFreak Posted July 12, 2014 at 03:46 PM Posted July 12, 2014 at 03:46 PM I think it might be today or very soon . . the Red Heads posted pictures on Facebook of groups of fans standing near guys wearing L'Ete Indien t-shirts setting up for something. https://www.facebook.com/lesredheads Did I read somewhere that it's gonna be taped on Monday? Quote I didn't know love until they loved me back to life because somebody loves somebody!Le temps qui compte pour Celine est maintenant!
CelineDionFreak Posted July 12, 2014 at 03:49 PM Posted July 12, 2014 at 03:49 PM I looked on her Facebook page, and it'll be taped on Monday. Quote I didn't know love until they loved me back to life because somebody loves somebody!Le temps qui compte pour Celine est maintenant!
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.