Jump to content

Céline, Une Seule Fois - Sur Les Plaines D'Abraham (July 27, 2013)


Recommended Posts

Posted

QUESTION:

Would love to know, what percentage of tickets were sold? Was it sold out?

 

This week-end they were talking about 40 000 tickets sold, out of a possibility of 60 000.

The promoters were talking about it this morning in a press conference at 10:30.

So the real numbers should be known soon.

 

http://www.radio-can...ndi-matin.shtml

http://i43.tinypic.com/vne96v.jpg

Posted
Oh god. Not more fan wishlists.
  • Like 2

"People pay 20-25 dollars to see you."

- Céline Dion, 1990

Posted

Available August 10 on illico TV, illico.tv and illico mobile: Celine... une seule fois concert coming soon for Videotron customers

 

So like our outside Canada users, we can't pay for the videos?

 

Even I can't order the show, as I don't have illico. Pppfffttt!! They better make a DVD :thumbsup2:

  • Like 1
http://i43.tinypic.com/vne96v.jpg

Posted

This week-end they were talking about 40 000 tickets sold, out of a possibility of 60 000.

The promoters were talking about it this morning in a press conference at 10:30.

So the real numbers should be known soon.

 

http://www.radio-can...ndi-matin.shtml

 

Well, 42500: that's almost a third UNSOLD.. that's not really good.. is it?

Posted

Well, 42500: that's almost a third UNSOLD.. that's not really good.. is it?

 

70$ to be at the complete end of the crowd... just not for everyone ;)

 

It would have been a third of unsold tickets at the Centre Bell, that would be a fail.

But considering it's outdoors, no reserved seat, I think it's a success. And if you look at the crowd, it was pretty huge!!

 

The week before, they had to make a 2 tickets for the price of 1 promotion for the Paul McCartney show. Paul McCartney!!

Tickets weren't selling as they wish. But no promotion like that for Céline. So for me, I think 42 500 is pretty good B)

  • Like 1
http://i43.tinypic.com/vne96v.jpg

Posted

im wondering this, too!

 

and if theres no way we can order it or buy it in the states, im hoping someone will be kind enough to share it somewhere for download. :/ definitely gotta have a good copy of this!

Fan outside of Quebec will be having some issues getting it as well as Videotron services are only available to Quebec residences. The company isn't in other provinces. They do have an IPAD app which is called illico, but you have to be a member of videotron to get access to it. Don't know if there's a way to get around that or not.

I'm sure that someone will cap it, the thought of it not be recorded by someone is not one that I want. haha

Instagram: @delphis78
Posted

Well, 42500: that's almost a third UNSOLD.. that's not really good.. is it?

I think from the very beginning, René said they were aiming at about 40 000 tickets so people would have more space...

Posted

so people would have more space...

And thank God for that :giggle:

  • Like 1
http://i43.tinypic.com/vne96v.jpg

Posted
42,495 seems like an insane amount of people at an outdoor concert, wow! It may not have been sold out but still!

http://24.media.tumblr.com/5fc8ed1dcd8690c2a8e2cad08629e4ba/tumblr_mrwbegFInv1rothmmo1_500.jpg

January 5, 2013 -- Las Vegas August 18, 2013 -- Las Vegas

Posted
For an outdoor concert that is a lot.
Posted

http://www.lapresse.ca/le-soleil/arts-et-spectacles/sur-scene/201307/29/01-4675117-celine-dion-a-quebec-42-495-spectateurs-venus-de-26-pays.php

Via Internet translator

"Picked up for television, the show "Celine ... Once "will be available in PPV on August 10. The program co-produced by Sismyk and J Productions will also be distributed in Europe, Asia and Latin America."

Article also states 42,495 people attended concert.

Posted
Lemme just say, it seemed like 100,000 people attended the show! So thank god 42,495 was the crowd because it was massive. Also consider the fact that 5,000 people paid $300 a ticket, 15,000 people paid $150, and 23,000 paid $70-$100 for crap "seats" on grass. Lastly, I mean the concert was phenom and I had a ball, logistically it sucked. I was in section B and there was absolutely no room, we were herded like cattle, no one would really move in fear of losing their spot, and you couldn't really roam around or use the bathroom. With the fact that no seats were actually assigned, I think that's a massive # for the concert. The crowd was young, I didn't see many of her older fans (50+yrs. old) and I do think the non-assigned seats/ having sections definitely had something to do with it. Loved the show, but would've enjoyed the experience as whole more if we could sit on the grass and enjoy our time like in section C. And the trash in A and B after the concert was disgusting! Couldn't believe the amount of trash that was everywhere.
  • Like 1
Posted (edited)

Sure, it is a lot. Sure.. But it wasn't sold out.. They don't put 60 000 to sale for nothing.

250 000 went to see her in 2008 (I know free concert, but still)

There was a mad media coverage the days before the concert

She had big hits from SA last year.. of course the nearly 270 000 records sold in Quebec.

This was her first concert in yeaaars in her biggest market. etc. etc.

I don't get it.

 

 

SO, probably the tickets were too expensive then..

Edited by garçon
Posted

http://i40.tinypic.com/11h8g95.jpg

Around 5:30 PM. 2 persons near me fainted because of the heat. It was around 35 degrees celcius, full sun.

Waiting for hours and hours. Security took care of them.

 

http://i40.tinypic.com/11986xg.jpg

During the show.

  • Like 3
http://i43.tinypic.com/vne96v.jpg

Posted
Hou said it yourself, garcon, it was free. Jesus, more people showed uptl the concergthan the total amount of people that live kn my home town.
  • Like 2

"People pay 20-25 dollars to see you."

- Céline Dion, 1990

Posted

Lemme just say, it seemed like 100,000 people attended the show! So thank god 42,495 was the crowd because it was massive. Also consider the fact that 5,000 people paid $300 a ticket, 15,000 people paid $150, and 23,000 paid $70-$100 for crap "seats" on grass. Lastly, I mean the concert was phenom and I had a ball, logistically it sucked. I was in section B and there was absolutely no room, we were herded like cattle, no one would really move in fear of losing their spot, and you couldn't really roam around or use the bathroom. With the fact that no seats were actually assigned, I think that's a massive # for the concert. The crowd was young, I didn't see many of her older fans (50+yrs. old) and I do think the non-assigned seats/ having sections definitely had something to do with it. Loved the show, but would've enjoyed the experience as whole more if we could sit on the grass and enjoy our time like in section C. And the trash in A and B after the concert was disgusting! Couldn't believe the amount of trash that was everywhere.

Sure, it is a lot. Sure.. But it wasn't sold out.. They don't put 60 000 to sale for nothing.

250 000 went to see her in 2008 (I know free concert, but still)

There was a mad media coverage the days before the concert

She had big hits from SA last year.. of course the nearly 270 000 records sold in Quebec.

This was her first concert in yeaaars in her biggest market. etc. etc.

I don't get it.

 

 

SO, probably the tickets were too expensive then..

 

So based on the sales figures posted here and if i calculated correctly the concert grossed approximately 5.6 million dollars. If tickets were sold at a flat rate of approximately $25 for all tickets and 250,000 people attended it would equal same gross $ amount. Justsayin

Posted
Come on people, so what she didn't sell out, does that mean she wasn't successful that night!!! Does it make it any less of a wonderful experience!
  • Like 4
I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
Posted

Wow I love the endof me "je sais pas"

 

Wow

 

Kev x

Posted

So based on the sales figures posted here and if i calculated correctly the concert grossed approximately 5.6 million dollars. If tickets were sold at a flat rate of approximately $25 for all tickets and 250,000 people attended it would equal same gross $ amount. Justsayin

 

what are you "justsayin"?

Posted

This is what the VIP section received.

 

http://i42.tinypic.com/r9ea6f.jpg

 

Bag, lanyard, picture card, earphones, bracelet, ticket for a champagne glass.

The red balloon comes from The Red Heads.

  • Like 2
http://i43.tinypic.com/vne96v.jpg

Posted (edited)
Wow, the instruments in Je sais pas!! :w00t: Thanks Tyler! Edited by Xpresso
Posted
Who is head of the red heads??? !!! :xmas_biggrin:
  • Like 1

http://i66.tinypic.com/2dk08jn.gif

RIP Rene Angelil xx

 

Sending Love and Prayers to Celine

Posted

Who is head of the red heads??? !!! :xmas_biggrin:

Santa? :giggle:
  • Like 3
Posted

Who is head of the red heads??? !!! :xmas_biggrin:

Santa, of course :-D

  • Like 1
http://i43.tinypic.com/vne96v.jpg

Posted
Were there any reviews of the concert by Canadian newspapers?
Posted
HAHAHAHAH!!!!Santa and his little Red Heads!!! Its a mystery then!!! :xmas5: :-D

http://i66.tinypic.com/2dk08jn.gif

RIP Rene Angelil xx

 

Sending Love and Prayers to Celine

Posted

Were there any reviews of the concert by Canadian newspapers?

Many. In french.

http://i43.tinypic.com/vne96v.jpg

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...