rfkavanagh Posted October 28, 2023 at 04:37 PM Posted October 28, 2023 at 04:37 PM The song was included in all versions of the album outside the United States, if I'm not wrong. Why? Probably the marketing team at Sony thought that it wouldn't really work on that market due to its sound and musical style. The weird thing is it wasn't included on the original CD that I purchased in Ireland in 1993. I definitely didn't buy the CD as an import - it was a standard-priced CD, but it may have somehow been the US version (I remember the spine and disc face had proper art direction to match the album rather than the standard Sony spine/font and generic silver disc face that came with the later edition). Maybe they originally released the US import as the domestic release until they saw its great success and then they released a locally produced, actual domestic version. Unfortunately, I got rid of that original CD when I bought the version with Just Walk Away on it, so I can't solve that particular mystery, but the US version matches everything I remember. 1 Quote
comingback Posted October 28, 2023 at 04:51 PM Posted October 28, 2023 at 04:51 PM (edited) The weird thing is it wasn't included on the original CD that I purchased in Ireland in 1993. I definitely didn't buy the CD as an import - it was a standard-priced CD, but it may have somehow been the US version (I remember the spine and disc face had proper art direction to match the album rather than the standard Sony spine/font and generic silver disc face that came with the later edition). Maybe they originally released the US import as the domestic release until they saw its great success and then they released a locally produced, actual domestic version. Unfortunately, I got rid of that original CD when I bought the version with Just Walk Away on it, so I can't solve that particular mystery, but the US version matches everything I remember. Yes, you bought the US version. The international/European version with Just Walk Away was released in 1994. Edited October 28, 2023 at 04:52 PM by comingback Quote
Ukrfan Posted October 28, 2023 at 05:31 PM Posted October 28, 2023 at 05:31 PM (edited) And it was covered by Josh Groban later It was also covered by Tina Karol, a top-level Ukrainian singer. But I never liked her version. Edited October 28, 2023 at 05:32 PM by Ukrfan Quote
comingback Posted October 28, 2023 at 05:46 PM Posted October 28, 2023 at 05:46 PM (edited) The weird thing is it wasn't included on the original CD that I purchased in Ireland in 1993. I definitely didn't buy the CD as an import - it was a standard-priced CD, but it may have somehow been the US version (I remember the spine and disc face had proper art direction to match the album rather than the standard Sony spine/font and generic silver disc face that came with the later edition). Maybe they originally released the US import as the domestic release until they saw its great success and then they released a locally produced, actual domestic version. Unfortunately, I got rid of that original CD when I bought the version with Just Walk Away on it, so I can't solve that particular mystery, but the US version matches everything I remember. This was your CD version (US version) in 1993 right? Edited October 28, 2023 at 06:00 PM by comingback Quote
celinesounds Posted October 28, 2023 at 05:48 PM Posted October 28, 2023 at 05:48 PM (edited) This was your CD version in 1993 right? Mine is silver Edited October 28, 2023 at 05:48 PM by celinesounds Quote #FREEJAVITO
comingback Posted October 28, 2023 at 05:50 PM Posted October 28, 2023 at 05:50 PM Mine is silver You have the international version, we are talking about the US version without Just Walk Away. 1 Quote
isurrender Posted October 29, 2023 at 10:01 AM Posted October 29, 2023 at 10:01 AM (edited) Wishful thinking but I would like the release of Misled remixes on streaming platforms for the 30th anniversary of TCOML. Mariah did it and Madonna has been doing it for months. Can't believe asking for 1 for Céline seems to me like asking for the war to stop... Edited October 29, 2023 at 10:03 AM by isurrender 1 Quote
comingback Posted October 29, 2023 at 11:22 AM Posted October 29, 2023 at 11:22 AM (edited) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5Ncy5qCeOk I love the photos in the background. And they also had the Plamondon album in the shelfs. Edited October 29, 2023 at 11:29 AM by comingback 1 Quote
comingback Posted November 7, 2023 at 05:09 PM Posted November 7, 2023 at 05:09 PM (edited) I'm so excited about what we will get from TC for the anniversary. Hopefully sth. good.🤞 Edited November 7, 2023 at 05:18 PM by comingback 1 Quote
comingback Posted November 7, 2023 at 05:09 PM Posted November 7, 2023 at 05:09 PM (edited) . Edited November 7, 2023 at 05:18 PM by comingback Quote
comingback Posted November 7, 2023 at 05:09 PM Posted November 7, 2023 at 05:09 PM (edited) . Edited November 7, 2023 at 05:16 PM by comingback Quote
smw Posted November 7, 2023 at 06:40 PM Posted November 7, 2023 at 06:40 PM I'm so excited about what we will get from TC for the anniversary. Hopefully sth. good. I'm setting the bar pretty low... and just hoping they'll at least post the album cover for The Colour of My Love on her social media channels. And do two additional posts about The Power of Love and Think Twice. They could really capitalize on the nostalgia that comes with Celine Dion and her music. She was one of THE major forces in music in the 90s and people should be reminded of that. It would be amazing for them to release something rare on YouTube. 1 Quote
ordinary fan Posted November 7, 2023 at 06:43 PM Posted November 7, 2023 at 06:43 PM I'm setting the bar pretty low... and just hoping they'll at least post the album cover for The Colour of My Love on her social media channels. And do two additional posts about The Power of Love and Think Twice. They could really capitalize on the nostalgia that comes with Celine Dion and her music. She was one of THE major forces in music in the 90s and people should be reminded of that. It would be amazing for them to release something rare on YouTube.The making of the it's all coming back to me now music video for the falling into you anniversary was something, getting that for videos like the power of love, think twice, misled would be amazing or the recording sessions of this album... 1 Quote
smw Posted November 7, 2023 at 06:46 PM Posted November 7, 2023 at 06:46 PM (edited) The making of the it's all coming back to me now music video for the falling into you anniversary was something, getting that for videos like the power of love, think twice, misled would be amazing or the recording sessions of this album... Yes! Just a little something like that would be huge for us big fans. This album was the game-changer for Celine's career. Took her to the next level. It's a much bigger deal to celebrate an album like this than, say, Loved Me Back To Life. Edited November 7, 2023 at 06:47 PM by smw 1 Quote
ordinary fan Posted November 7, 2023 at 06:53 PM Posted November 7, 2023 at 06:53 PM Yes! Just a little something like that would be huge for us big fans. This album was the game-changer for Celine's career. Took her to the next level. It's a much bigger deal to celebrate an album like this than, say, Loved Me Back To Life.In terms of how big the influence was on her career yes, when it comes how much I love the albums, lmbtl is above (no album will ever top it since it marks the beginning of myself becoming a fan ) Quote
comingback Posted November 7, 2023 at 06:59 PM Posted November 7, 2023 at 06:59 PM https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDSpKsecMPQ Making of The Power of Love https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKHKkZXucjw Making of Think Twice for you guys 1 Quote
smw Posted November 7, 2023 at 07:21 PM Posted November 7, 2023 at 07:21 PM (edited) In terms of how big the influence was on her career yes, when it comes how much I love the albums, lmbtl is above (no album will ever top it since it marks the beginning of myself becoming a fan ) That's great! I really enjoy LMBTL as an album too. I was just thinking in terms of celebrating Celine's career... it's important for her team to highlight and celebrate her most iconic albums in a real way. By celebrating these huge-selling albums, it's more likely to capture the attention of Celine's casual fans... and they can reminisce and hopefully go stream the albums again. Edited November 7, 2023 at 07:23 PM by smw 1 Quote
smw Posted November 7, 2023 at 07:23 PM Posted November 7, 2023 at 07:23 PM for you guys Thanks! This is probably what they'll post in celebration of TCOML. Quote
tshlw Posted November 7, 2023 at 09:21 PM Posted November 7, 2023 at 09:21 PM For me this is a huge album in so many ways not just catapulting her to another level career wise but also personally for her in being able to announce her love for Rene publicly. I do hope they do something for the anniversary. 2 Quote 'I am, in life and death, the woman of only one man.' Celine Dion My Story, My Dream
DCCeline Posted November 8, 2023 at 02:19 PM Posted November 8, 2023 at 02:19 PM Tomorrows the day... hoping and praying and wishing for a Dolby version. We know The Power of Love will probably be the version from the David Foster compilation CD. I dont think TCOML is eligible for 7x platinum but is TPOL eligible for 2x platinum? Quote
emi&celine Posted November 8, 2023 at 03:29 PM Posted November 8, 2023 at 03:29 PM Tomorrows the day... hoping and praying and wishing for a Dolby version. We know The Power of Love will probably be the version from the David Foster compilation CD. I dont think TCOML is eligible for 7x platinum but is TPOL eligible for 2x platinum? Yes The Power Of Love is definitely eligible for a 2x Platinum certification. Its total units (physical copies + SPS units) stood at 2,689,000 last August. It's even approaching a 3x Platinum cert (next year). 1 Quote
emi&celine Posted November 8, 2023 at 03:31 PM Posted November 8, 2023 at 03:31 PM I hope they will upload some "unreleased" content on audio streaming platforms (Spotify, Apple Music, Deezer,...) : The live version of "Can't Help Falling In Love" from the 1993 special concert, the remixes of "Misled", the live version of "The Colour Of My Love" in Japan,... 1 Quote
MaiconSC Posted November 8, 2023 at 03:54 PM Posted November 8, 2023 at 03:54 PM Tomorrows the day... hoping and praying and wishing for a Dolby version. We know The Power of Love will probably be the version from the David Foster compilation CD. I dont think TCOML is eligible for 7x platinum but is TPOL eligible for 2x platinum? yes!!!!can't wait for a Dolby Atmos release 1 Quote
smw Posted November 8, 2023 at 05:35 PM Posted November 8, 2023 at 05:35 PM I hope they will upload some "unreleased" content on audio streaming platforms (Spotify, Apple Music, Deezer,...) : The live version of "Can't Help Falling In Love" from the 1993 special concert, the remixes of "Misled", the live version of "The Colour Of My Love" in Japan,... Yes! Highlighting Can’t Help Falling In Love would be wonderful. It’s become such a well-known cover of hers — and it’d be great if they included it on future greatest hits too. 3 Quote
DCCeline Posted November 8, 2023 at 05:49 PM Posted November 8, 2023 at 05:49 PM Yes The Power Of Love is definitely eligible for a 2x Platinum certification. Its total units (physical copies + SPS units) stood at 2,689,000 last August. It's even approaching a 3x Platinum cert (next year). Any other certifications for the album? Misled? TT? Quote
ryba Posted November 8, 2023 at 06:47 PM Posted November 8, 2023 at 06:47 PM This was your CD version (US version) in 1993 right?This classic logo is so gorgeous!!!! 4 Quote
comingback Posted November 8, 2023 at 07:08 PM Posted November 8, 2023 at 07:08 PM The albumcover is so gorgeous. A young and sexy Celine, plus the warm brown tone. Amazing, 3 Quote
smw Posted November 8, 2023 at 07:30 PM Posted November 8, 2023 at 07:30 PM This classic logo is so gorgeous!!!! It’s iconic! I hope it’s front and center for her new projects. 5 Quote
Taking Chances Posted November 8, 2023 at 07:37 PM Posted November 8, 2023 at 07:37 PM The albumcover is so gorgeous. A young and sexy Celine, plus the warm brown tone. Amazing, It's really pretty. I love the version that they posted on Twitter a few years ago. 3 Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.