Jump to content

"The Colour Of My Love" album - Official Topic


Recommended Posts

Posted

Send Me a Lover was not released on any of Celine's albums. It was a radio single.

 

Yeah we know. The poster suggested adding it to TCOML anniversary edition and people were pointing out that it actually was recorded for the Celine Dion album/around that era.

Posted
To be fair, I think it was widely available on compilation albums in the U.S. by the mid to late nineties. That was surely the best distribution it got - not as a B-side on one of her early singles
  • Like 1
Posted

Send Me A Lover was recorded for the Celine Dion album in 1992. But it wasn't released, until the Mid 90s. Taylor Dayne released the song in 1993 from her album Soul Dancing and it was a big hit for her.

I love this song and I have it on my playlist for the Celine Dion album.

Posted
I really hope TC/Sony are planning sth. for the 30th anniversary...
  • Like 1
Posted

I really hope TC/Sony are planning sth. for the 30th anniversary...

They won’t do anything. They never have for all the other anniversaries.
Posted (edited)

They won’t do anything. They never have for all the other anniversaries.

 

Yes, they will only upload The Colour of My Lip TV special😡...

Edited by comingback
  • Like 2
Posted

 

 

Yes, they will only upload The Colour of My Lip TV special😡...

 

Well an HD version of I Cant Help Falling In Love would be great. Although we already have the version but I think more people should be exposed to the original.

  • Like 1
Posted
Come on Sony !!! Do something for the fans!!!

post-6366-0-54865400-1693775171_thumb.jpeg

Posted

Come on Sony !!! Do something for the fans!!!

 

I haven’t been a fan of Mariah or her music for a long time… but Music Box is my favorite album of hers. Such gorgeous vocals on it and a staple of my childhood. I’m thrilled to see there will be some unreleased tracks!

 

It would be phenomenal if we got anniversary editions of Celine’s albums with unreleased tracks.

Posted

The Colour Of My Love deserves a decent 30th anniversary celebration. C’mon Sony & Legacy Recordings… A dream would be:

 

• Special 30th anniversary edition (Full album + Bonus tracks + 30 min documentary “The Story Of My Love” about the making of the album and how important it was for Celine and René. This documentary should of course be on her VEVO channel.)

 

• Vintage merchandise from TCOML days.

 

• The Colour Of My Love concert on her VEVO channel.

 

• Finally a DVD with one of the 1994 concerts at the Forum de Montreal.

  • Like 1

Tournée Européenne in Paris (December 1, 2013)

Céline Dion Live 2016 in Antwerp (June 20, 2016)

Céline Dion Live 2017 in Birmingham (July 27, 2017)

Céline Dion à Paris (September 12, 2026)

Posted
Agreed - the 25th anniversary’s have been pathetic with what they give us
  • Like 1
Posted

Yes, they will only upload The Colour of My Lip TV special...

 

colour of my lip

 

:sofunny:

  • Like 1
Posted

Come on Sony !!! Do something for the fans!!!

 

 

WOW, I wish Sony would do sth. like that for Celine's albums.

  • Like 1
Posted
Celine and Madonna are my two favorite artists and they do NOTHING for their past albums. Sometimes its very discouraging
Posted

Celine and Madonna are my two favorite artists and they do NOTHING for their past albums. Sometimes its very discouraging

 

I assume Mariah pushes for such releases. Whereas Madonna and Celine might not care as much about such things. Madonna has more of a business mind than Celine - because she’s been at the steering wheel of her career for a long time, like Mariah - but she tends to focus more on forward motion than looking back.

 

I imagine Rene would’ve pushed for big anniversary releases.

Posted

 

 

I assume Mariah pushes for such releases. Whereas Madonna and Celine might not care as much about such things. Madonna has more of a business mind than Celine - because she’s been at the steering wheel of her career for a long time, like Mariah - but she tends to focus more on forward motion than looking back.

 

I imagine Rene would’ve pushed for big anniversary releases.

 

Yes, i also think Madonna and Celine make so much money from touring that they dont care about some couple hundred thousand from albums at this point.

 

Mariah does ok touring but not the 200 million plus Celine/Madonna can do.

Posted

 

 

Yes, i also think Madonna and Celine make so much money from touring that they dont care about some couple hundred thousand from albums at this point.

 

Mariah does ok touring but not the 200 million plus Celine/Madonna can do.

 

Yeah, Celine has focused so much of her energy on live performances over the past couple of decades. I assume because it’s the most lucrative but also because she loves to be onstage… and it’s probably where she feels the most relevant. Whereas she knows the recording industry has changed drastically since her peak in the 90s.

 

But I hope she (and her team) celebrate her albums more in the coming years and release some rare goodies for the fans.

  • Like 1
Posted

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-0s7-WZRbY

 

WOW, I wish Sony would do sth. like that for Celine's albums.

 

yeah, mariah actually personally cares about her archived material and giving the fans some treats. i sense she is hands-on involved in this type of project.

 

i wish we got some crumbs as celine fans

  • Like 1
Posted (edited)
Well, she’s a recording artist who really loves going to studio to record or make remix. Céline is more a live performer who loves to sing more on stage than in recording studio. I think it’s her team/manager should do these things. Yeah! Do their job. Edited by jpatdeleon09
Posted

Well, she’s a recording artist who really loves going to studio to record or make remix. Céline is more a live performer who loves to sing more on stage than in recording studio. I think it’s her team/manager should do these things. Yeah! Do their job.

 

Agreed. But Celine calls the shots these days. Which is tricky especially now that she’s sick. But it’d be nice if Sony wanted to keep her star shining more.

Posted

The thing is

 

Mariah has a lot of her back catalogue being viral on TikTok

 

A reason why she loves to celebrate her anniversaries

 

 

#FREEJAVITO

 

Posted

The thing is

 

Mariah has a lot of her back catalogue being viral on TikTok

 

A reason why she loves to celebrate her anniversaries

 

I see MYWGO (I see a video of this like once a day), ABM, and IACBTM just as much as I see Mariah.

 

Mariah also is active so its easy to go viral. Unlike Celine, Celines team if she even has one does absolutely nothing to drum up any interest

Posted (edited)

Well... Barbra Streisand is releasing her 3rd "rarities/from the vaults" album this october, together with the 40th anniversary deluxe edition of the Yentl Soundtrack...

She's not viral as Mariah is... she's just a legend with a 60 years carreer... and the record company is celebrating it...

Rarely Barbra record new songs, and imagine the amount of unreleased stuff in these 60 years...

SONY SUCKS !!!!

Edited by MaiconSC
  • Like 1
Posted

 

 

I see MYWGO (I see a video of this like once a day), ABM, and IACBTM just as much as I see Mariah.

 

Mariah also is active so its easy to go viral. Unlike Celine, Celines team if she even has one does absolutely nothing to drum up any interest

I don't think so ABM classify as a viral tiktok.

Posted

We need to give up. Plain and simple.

 

They clearly don’t want our money. They only want the money of people who buy water bottles, keychains, and golf clothes with Céline’s “logo” on them.

  • Like 2
Posted

 

I don't think so ABM classify as a viral tiktok.

 

Search ABM on Tiktok. Theres a video with 3.2 million views from June. Plus a video from last week with over 230k likes that i saw on both Intsagram and tiktok mutliple times. It goes "viral" from time to time. Just not the same way as MHWGO or IACBTM

Posted

 

 

They clearly don’t want our money. They only want the money of people who buy water bottles, keychains, and golf clothes with Céline’s “logo” on them.

 

Yup and her vinyls etc can’t sell all that well or those cash cows would be pumping them out …

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...