Jump to content

"The Colour Of My Love" album - Official Topic


Recommended Posts

Posted
Still my favourite and first album. I discovered Céline wit TT.

Amsterdam 18-06-1997 - Amsterdam 14-06-1999 - London 10-07-1999 - Antwerpen 14-05-2008 - Antwerpen 21-11-2013 - Las Vegas 10-10-2015 - Paris 09-07-2016 - Arnhem 23-06-2017

Posted
Happy 25th anniversary of this album. This day, has been the released in Canada and United States. The album has been released in 1994 worldwide and this album has been very important of his career, this album help Celine to become a international star and this has been a prelude of the huge international success for the next five years (before her hiatus in 2000). The album sold 5 millions in 1994 and other 5 millions in 1995 (the single Think Twice re-released the sales of the album).
  • Like 2
Posted
I remenber the album's Aisa sales take off because To Love You More
Posted

I remenber the album's Aisa sales take off because To Love You More

right but it was only included in the reissue of TCOML in Japan

other asian countries got the song in FIY

Courage don't you dare fail me now!

post-129-1267909378_thumb.jpgpost-129-1303908160_thumb.jpg

  • 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

25 years ago Céline released “The Colour Of My Love” which became a multi-platinum album with three #1 singles. To celebrate this special milestone, this legendary album is now available in a double LP vinyl. Get yours here

����

 

http://smarturl.it/TCOMLlp

 

 

- Team Céline

post-35385-0-49610000-1542979999_thumb.jpg

 

https://www.facebook...?type=3

Edited by celine19
  • Like 1

Always be yourself! Unless you can be Céline......Then better be Céline!






https://www.instagram.com/celine_dion_austria_fanclub/

Posted

25 years ago Céline released “The Colour Of My Love” which became a multi-platinum album with three #1 singles. To celebrate this special milestone, this legendary album is now available in a double LP vinyl. Get yours here

����

 

http://smarturl.it/TCOMLlp

 

 

- Team Céline

post-35385-0-49610000-1542979999_thumb.jpg

 

https://www.facebook...?type=3

 

For an album which garnered her multiple worldwide hit singles: “The Power Of Love,” “Misled,” “Think Twice,” “When I Fall In Love,” and “Only One Road,” it’s pathetic this is the only thing being done to honor it.

  • Like 1
Posted

For an album which garnered her multiple worldwide hit singles: "The Power Of Love," "Misled," "Think Twice," "When I Fall In Love," and "Only One Road," it's pathetic this is the only thing being done to honor it.

 

But it's in Turquoise!

  • Like 2

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» MATHIAS ««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzPrxI0AIDY

Posted

 

 

But it's in Turquoise!

 

Oh! Well, that changes EVERYTHING! ;)

Posted

For an album which garnered her multiple worldwide hit singles: "The Power Of Love," "Misled," "Think Twice," "When I Fall In Love," and "Only One Road," it's pathetic this is the only thing being done to honor it.

 

I don't understand - why is it "pathetic"? What would you like?

Posted

It's funny TCOML release on vinyl is getting more attention and publicity than those of her best selling albums FIY and LTAL only some weeks ago :wtf:

 

As always, Celine's team is a box full of surprises :giggle:

  • Like 1

post-6419-0-03966000-1556709612.jpg

 

"Hush, now... I see a light in the sky"

Posted (edited)

For an album which garnered her multiple worldwide hit singles: "The Power Of Love," "Misled," "Think Twice," "When I Fall In Love," and "Only One Road," it's pathetic this is the only thing being done to honor it.

 

No, Misled failed to achieved the success of the first single (The Power of Love) in the international market (outside the north american market) and Only One road achieved only a moderate success worldwide. The Power of Love started the sales of the album worldwide and the album for many countrys (UK, Sweden, Australia, Japan, New Zealand, etc.) at his debut, with the success of the single. When Misled has been a flop, the album rapidly falling out the charts outside the north American market. But the third single Think Twice released, the single started slowly in Australia in United Kingdow. in Australia, the single spend 26 weeks to reached her peak in n.2 and the huge success of the single re-released the sales of the album worldwide. With the success in Australia and UK, the single has been released in the rest of Europe and was a huge hit in Europe.

 

When I fall in Love, is not the first single, because this song is originally the theme song of ''Sleepess in Seattle''. But the song was a commercial success in north american market.

Edited by WCD199317
Posted (edited)

It's funny TCOML release on vinyl is getting more attention and publicity than those of her best selling albums FIY and LTAL only some weeks ago :wtf:

 

 

Maybe as funny/for the same reason as ANDHC is getting more attention and publicity here than those of her best-selling albums.. :giggle:

Edited by CSCfan

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» MATHIAS ««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzPrxI0AIDY

Posted (edited)

:eek:

 

Does that bother you at all?? You never cease to amaze me, when it's not because you're totally annoyed for my criticism against certain activity of her, then it's just because I simply praise and express my love for a certain album. Oh but that also annoys you :crazy:

 

Is there ever some opinion good or bad that you are any satisfied with??? Or is just that you can't help but your vomiting your scathing comments all the time here? :hmm:

 

#Igiveup :giveup:

Edited by Javito

post-6419-0-03966000-1556709612.jpg

 

"Hush, now... I see a light in the sky"

Posted

 

 

I don't understand - why is it "pathetic"? What would you like?

 

A collector’s edition with vaulted songs from the recording sessions, remixes, demo tracks, and live cuts. A DVD/Bluray with rare live performances and studio footage. Uploads of rare stuff from the era to her YouTube channel. Ask today’s DJs to remix a few of the tracks to commemorate the album. (Steve Aoki remixing “Misled,” for example.) Personal reflection comments from Celine regarding the songs - especially the title track - on her site or social media platforms. And this is all just off the top of my head in under 5 minutes. I wouldn’t expect everything on my list to have happened, but a few of the items wouldn’t have been all that crazy to expect.

  • Like 4
Posted

 

 

No, Misled failed to achieved the success of the first single (The Power of Love) in the international market (outside the north american market) and Only One road achieved only a moderate success worldwide. The Power of Love started the sales of the album worldwide and the album for many countrys (UK, Sweden, Australia, Japan, New Zealand, etc.) at his debut, with the success of the single. When Misled has been a flop, the album rapidly falling out the charts outside the north American market. But the third single Think Twice released, the single started slowly in Australia in United Kingdow. in Australia, the single spend 26 weeks to reached her peak in n.2 and the huge success of the single re-released the sales of the album worldwide. With the success in Australia and UK, the single has been released in the rest of Europe and was a huge hit in Europe.

 

When I fall in Love, is not the first single, because this song is originally the theme song of ''Sleepess in Seattle''. But the song was a commercial success in north american market.

 

“Misled” is included on various versions of Celine’s “Essental” collections. It went to #1 on the dance charts, and the music video was even added onto the DVD version of “All The Way...A Decade of Song & Video.”

Posted

 

 

A collector’s edition with vaulted songs from the recording sessions, remixes, demo tracks, and live cuts. A DVD/Bluray with rare live performances and studio footage. Uploads of rare stuff from the era to her YouTube channel. Ask today’s DJs to remix a few of the tracks to commemorate the album. (Steve Aoki remixing “Misled,” for example.) Personal reflection comments from Celine regarding the songs - especially the title track - on her site or social media platforms. And this is all just off the top of my head in under 5 minutes. I wouldn’t expect everything on my list to have happened, but a few of the items wouldn’t have been all that crazy to expect.

 

 

That's a lot of money for the copyright thing I think. And with today music industry it's not worthy for business. It's a limited market. Doesn't mean I don't want it.

 

Posted (edited)

That's a lot of money for the copyright thing I think. And with today music industry it's not worthy for business. It's a limited market. Doesn't mean I don't want it.

 

Céline's name in the industry is beyond that kind of "problems" and technical barriers, dear. She's way past that many years ago. She's a trademark and only her single name makes money whatever she puts out, and also remember most of her fanbase is from the "old school" who buys the physical thing, so no, we don't buy that kind of excuse with Céline sorry ^_^

 

For what reason would they be releasing her old catalogue of albums on vinyl now, if it was a problem of copyright? Why bother? That doesn't make any sense sorry!

 

And to prove my point (as I always do to refute an argument here), here's what they did with the album "My Love: Essential Collection 3.0", where they included accidentally (appararently) two demo versions of Think Twice and Only One Road, never released before anywhere. And with ZERO publicity about it, zero mentions that they were actually never-before released versions of the songs. I beat they were of course absolutely unaware of it (the poor gang of stupids working there with her catalog). So maybe they were silly enough (or greatly careless I'd better say) to include not only one but TWO demo versions of her songs in that collection, consciously or accidentally, and without the least attention on the exclusivity of the songs. And nothing happened -_- The world keeps spinning, and she keeps being totally ignored by her record label, with the least publicity and promotion on their side.

 

So when they want to do something, they just do it. When there's a will, there's a result. But long gone are the years when we got collector editions of her albums and bonus DVDs.

 

The only problem of Sony and Céline's team for not doing more with her music is only and exclusively a perplexing apathy. Nothing else.

Edited by Javito

post-6419-0-03966000-1556709612.jpg

 

"Hush, now... I see a light in the sky"

Posted

I don't see why they should have released a new edition of the album.

 

2018 is also the 20th anniversary of "Baby one more time" and "Ray of light".

 

Both were critically and/or commercially more successfull and "groundbreaking" than TCOML and hit the pop culture far more than TCOML.Their respective record company didn't do nothing either...

  • Like 2
Posted

Say Céline has well a handful successful albums (not just one in particular) and her record company is doing nothing for their anniversaries :giggle:

 

I'm not asking for any album in particular, it's not just for TCOML but they didn't also do anything for the 20th anniversary of FIY, LTAL, TAST...

 

Maybe for the 25th? :-D

post-6419-0-03966000-1556709612.jpg

 

"Hush, now... I see a light in the sky"

Posted (edited)

So my Vinyl arrived from Amazon today! I just love this album so much. It was my first album from Celine, or my parents first one, lmao.

 

I also love the cover art. Always have. Does anyone know if there's a story to the photo shoot or album art?

 

It's also a little strange to see the cover printed without the white border.

post-14037-0-61579100-1543070690_thumb.jpg

Edited by Taking Chances
  • Like 1
Posted

A collector's edition with vaulted songs from the recording sessions, remixes, demo tracks, and live cuts. A DVD/Bluray with rare live performances and studio footage. Uploads of rare stuff from the era to her YouTube channel. Ask today's DJs to remix a few of the tracks to commemorate the album. (Steve Aoki remixing "Misled," for example.) Personal reflection comments from Celine regarding the songs - especially the title track - on her site or social media platforms. And this is all just off the top of my head in under 5 minutes. I wouldn't expect everything on my list to have happened, but a few of the items wouldn't have been all that crazy to expect.

 

Why dwell on the past? I'd much rather have her & team focus on the future.

 

Don't we already get enough reissues of the same songs over and over? We need another collectors edition? I don't get it. I don't get why anyone would buy, once again, the same songs that have been out and accessible on every format for 25 years. (And I personally wouldn't know what to do with a DVD/BlueRay!) That's how you get a reputation as a "has-been" - keep reissuing the same old stuff.

 

If some enterprising artist wants to remix an old song - great! If it's a truly seminal track, then creative souls all over will do what they do on their own accord, and it will be genuine & interesting. But pulling strings and paying people like Steve Aoki to remix some old song just because we're at some round-number anniversary of some old record... that's just an odd way to spend one's time & efforts. Forced and unappealing.

Sorry, I don't get it.

  • Like 1
Posted

Why dwell on the past? I'd much rather have her & team focus on the future.

 

Don't we already get enough reissues of the same songs over and over? We need another collectors edition? I don't get it. I don't get why anyone would buy, once again, the same songs that have been out and accessible on every format for 25 years. (And I personally wouldn't know what to do with a DVD/BlueRay!) That's how you get a reputation as a "has-been" - keep reissuing the same old stuff.

 

If some enterprising artist wants to remix an old song - great! If it's a truly seminal track, then creative souls all over will do what they do on their own accord, and it will be genuine & interesting. But pulling strings and paying people like Steve Aoki to remix some old song just because we're at some round-number anniversary of some old record... that's just an odd way to spend one's time & efforts. Forced and unappealing.

Sorry, I don't get it.

 

Because while she releases new music is something good to keep your public and fanbase busy and entertained?

 

She's taking 6 (SIX) years to release new music these days, it's not that hard to understand what he says... :innocent:

post-6419-0-03966000-1556709612.jpg

 

"Hush, now... I see a light in the sky"

Posted

 

 

No, Misled failed to achieved the success of the first single (The Power of Love) in the international market (outside the north american market) and Only One road achieved only a moderate success worldwide. The Power of Love started the sales of the album worldwide and the album for many countrys (UK, Sweden, Australia, Japan, New Zealand, etc.) at his debut, with the success of the single. When Misled has been a flop, the album rapidly falling out the charts outside the north American market. But the third single Think Twice released, the single started slowly in Australia in United Kingdow. in Australia, the single spend 26 weeks to reached her peak in n.2 and the huge success of the single re-released the sales of the album worldwide. With the success in Australia and UK, the single has been released in the rest of Europe and was a huge hit in Europe.

 

When I fall in Love, is not the first single, because this song is originally the theme song of ''Sleepess in Seattle''. But the song was a commercial success in north american market.

Dont forger to love you more, it pushed the album and the single sold millions in Aidon

Posted

Because while she releases new music is something good to keep your public and fanbase busy and entertained?

 

She's taking 6 (SIX) years to release new music these days, it's not that hard to understand what he says... :innocent:

because people don't buy stuff anymore. Spotify,Apple is the way people go now. The cie wants to make money. Capitalism works like that. The fanbase have received new things to be busy. The nununu ad was great. The tours were great. The Vogue snippet was great. Ashes and the video, She did did many things in the last years. The bee Gee's special, Today show, And she is working on her album. She got the ear problem.

 

I would want other things from her , but it would be selfish. I'm just happy to receive still so much.

Plus qu'ailleurs , but now Si c'était à refaire , i still love tant de temps....
Posted
And again, if “people doesn’t buy stuff anymore”, why the hell all artists including Celine are releasing all her old albums on vinyl today?? :rolleyes:

post-6419-0-03966000-1556709612.jpg

 

"Hush, now... I see a light in the sky"

Posted

An upload on YouTube wouldn't hurt anyone :wub:

 

 

 

A collector’s edition with vaulted songs from the recording sessions, remixes, demo tracks, and live cuts. A DVD/Bluray with rare live performances and studio footage. Uploads of rare stuff from the era to her YouTube channel. Ask today’s DJs to remix a few of the tracks to commemorate the album. (Steve Aoki remixing “Misled,” for example.) Personal reflection comments from Celine regarding the songs - especially the title track - on her site or social media platforms. And this is all just off the top of my head in under 5 minutes. I wouldn’t expect everything on my list to have happened, but a few of the items wouldn’t have been all that crazy to expect.

Posted
Celine has released 3 new albums in the last 6 years, in other words, on avg. one new album every two years.. more than any of her peers
  • Like 1
Posted

 

 

Why dwell on the past? I'd much rather have her & team focus on the future.

 

Don't we already get enough reissues of the same songs over and over? We need another collectors edition? I don't get it. I don't get why anyone would buy, once again, the same songs that have been out and accessible on every format for 25 years. (And I personally wouldn't know what to do with a DVD/BlueRay!) That's how you get a reputation as a "has-been" - keep reissuing the same old stuff.

 

If some enterprising artist wants to remix an old song - great! If it's a truly seminal track, then creative souls all over will do what they do on their own accord, and it will be genuine & interesting. But pulling strings and paying people like Steve Aoki to remix some old song just because we're at some round-number anniversary of some old record... that's just an odd way to spend one's time & efforts. Forced and unappealing.

Sorry, I don't get it.

 

LOL

Posted

And again, if "people doesn't buy stuff anymore", why the hell all artists including Celine are releasing all her old albums on vinyl today?? :rolleyes:

because it is a new/old trend. People will buy it. And have you seen the price on it. I'm sure they make money, and it adds some prestige. And the sound is better.
  • Like 1
Plus qu'ailleurs , but now Si c'était à refaire , i still love tant de temps....

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...