celinedionfan1 Posted November 25, 2012 at 01:32 AM Posted November 25, 2012 at 01:32 AM I don't know about you guys, but I had a bad feeling about this show even before it started. I was very dissapointed... IMO one of the worst TV-Specials... Quote Celine live | December 30th & 31st, 2011 | January 3rd & 4th, 2012 | January 12th, 13th, 15th, 16th & 18th, 2013 | November 29th & 30th, 2013 | December 1st, 2013 | August 27th, 30th & 31st, 2015 | June 20th, 21st, 24th, 25th & 28th, 2016 | January 24th, 25th, 27th & 28th, 2017 | June 17th, July 8th, 23rd & 24th, 2017 |
Peppercorn1991 Posted November 25, 2012 at 01:35 AM Posted November 25, 2012 at 01:35 AM Im just wondering if this show was always something we thought it was going to be but never was going to be.... if that makes sence. i think she has more promo to do for the album, maybe this was a way to get attention to her with the other singers and now its for the celine promo, the next few days. Like a way to bring celine into france.. sort of i dunno lets see what the next few days bring eh? kev x Quote
dmeredith Posted November 25, 2012 at 01:38 AM Posted November 25, 2012 at 01:38 AM Well, I think there are a lot of people to blame for that show, but I won't single out any one person until I know what actually went on behind the scenes. It seems that even Celine was a little confused, frustrated or uncertain about what was going on according to the many comments. Regardless, why the other singers were singing her songs, I don't know. Also, don't give the show her name and then hide her behind the curtain or lock her in her dressing room! Evidently "Les Français" don't care, 'cause the ratings for Celine's songs are doing well. Go figure!!! I still adore Celine! I love "Sans Attendre", and I'll still return to Las Vegas to see her again! Thank goodness for the Quebec show, and the CD speaks for itself!!!!! Quote
dmeredith Posted November 25, 2012 at 01:45 AM Posted November 25, 2012 at 01:45 AM Im just wondering if this show was always something we thought it was going to be but never was going to be.... if that makes sence. i think she has more promo to do for the album, maybe this was a way to get attention to her with the other singers and now its for the celine promo, the next few days. Like a way to bring celine into france.. sort of i dunno lets see what the next few days bring eh? kev x I agree Kevin! Quote
CELINE MARIE Posted November 25, 2012 at 01:46 AM Author Posted November 25, 2012 at 01:46 AM (edited) fans =idiots? playback from 1997?! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JYRn0zbJHI&feature=plcp yep we are idiots http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=3AobjAMoRLo http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6K3elwE-Mk play http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Y22LwS0eZ2k live http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oms3LKU5l3s&feature=youtu.behttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nR8oF4nJpQ&feature=youtu.be Edited November 25, 2012 at 01:52 AM by CELINE MARIE Quote
anna Posted November 25, 2012 at 01:54 AM Posted November 25, 2012 at 01:54 AM She sung Qui a le droit... with Patrick Bruel... One of the most beautiful songs !!!!! I LOVE CÉLINE !!!!!! I really love to hear her sing these classics of francophone music ! She should do it more often ! Next up, Francis Cabrel ! Yes I agree. I think this was the best performance of the night and it had nothing to do with her album It was very raw and live Quote
québecflower Posted November 25, 2012 at 01:58 AM Posted November 25, 2012 at 01:58 AM (edited) Well, I think there are a lot of people to blame for that show, but I won't single out any one person until I know what actually went on behind the scenes. It seems that even Celine was a little confused, frustrated or uncertain about what was going on according to the many comments. Regardless, why the other singers were singing her songs, I don't know. Also, don't give the show her name and then hide her behind the curtain or lock her in her dressing room! Evidently "Les Français" don't care, 'cause the ratings for Celine's songs are doing well. Go figure!!! I still adore Celine! I love "Sans Attendre", and I'll still return to Las Vegas to see her again! Thank goodness for the Quebec show, and the CD speaks for itself!!!!! from what i can understand on the other side of the atlantique they love to hate, but they ultimately they love her and for good reason.... Edited November 25, 2012 at 02:00 AM by québecflower Quote Plus qu'ailleurs , but now Si c'était à refaire , i still love tant de temps....
artistman2007 Posted November 25, 2012 at 02:01 AM Posted November 25, 2012 at 02:01 AM I have to say that we became so greedy guys,we already had a full special of her singing live and even this show ,although i agree that she seemed lost,but still she sang some songs live and she looked stunning ,and we dont know the circumstances for tonightMaybe shes not feeling that good cause she seemed really happy and fresh on the tva specail Quote
QueenCeline Posted November 25, 2012 at 02:06 AM Posted November 25, 2012 at 02:06 AM Hahaha what a joke. Why on Earth would they ever let her lip to the FIY version. Or any version for that matter. Sing gosh darn it or don't even get on stage at all. Quote Marc~~~~~~~~Taking Chances World TourSeptember 29, 2008December 16, 2008
CELINE MARIE Posted November 25, 2012 at 02:19 AM Author Posted November 25, 2012 at 02:19 AM :wtf: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OaLLuFtncm0&feature=youtu.be no way http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=zO3DDHy423Uhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=EFE-6kBHSOM Quote
LukeD Posted November 25, 2012 at 02:20 AM Posted November 25, 2012 at 02:20 AM Are you people serious?This show is up against "The Voice of France".. If it was like in Quebec and she would just sing her songs it would be a total flop... they had to invite other people to get people to even watch this! I agree on my heart will go on though... and they are even talking about the song for 15 minutes pff... People complain about the random song choices and the lipping, not the guests. Moreover, Celine Dion in France with a brand new #1 album and LIVE singing would never be a flop, especially if these huge names did LIVE duets with her. Quote
chocolatechip15 Posted November 25, 2012 at 02:28 AM Posted November 25, 2012 at 02:28 AM I didn't see most of this show, but I will say that I really liked the duet with Patrick Bruel. Also, I don't understand why Rene rarely gets credit when things go right (the amazing new French album -- probably the best since D'Eux, the wonderful Julie Snyder special; the beautiful and well-received Whitney tribute, not to mention her Vegas show, which gave Celine some of her career-best reviews, sells well, and gives Celine what *she* wants - the ability to perform without the traveling to provide a stable life for her children) . . . but when there's one poor TV special, everyone's ready to get Celine a new manager. Celine and Rene have an amazing partnership that could never be replicated with anyone else and I hope that he remains her manager for a long time. 1 Quote
LukeD Posted November 25, 2012 at 02:29 AM Posted November 25, 2012 at 02:29 AM Well she and Rene have said that she has nothing to prove now. http://1.1.1.3/bmi/www.celinedionforum.com/public/style_emoticons/default/mellow.gif ... and they are both wrong. 3 Quote
chocolatechip15 Posted November 25, 2012 at 02:30 AM Posted November 25, 2012 at 02:30 AM (edited) Also, the MHWGO lipping was sort of funny, but to put it in perspective -- i don't think any lipping mistakes were as bad as the ones during The Colour of My Love launch: -- in this video, you can see that Celine is actually softly singing her lines and the playback track is much too slow - about a full line *behind* what she's singing - and then the track stops completely and she kind of makes a face . . .this was a huge and obvious mistake, but it also didn't hurt her album at all. And the crowd roars with applause at the end of the song. There has always been some lipping at TV specials - i don't think it's such a big deal . Edited November 25, 2012 at 02:41 AM by chocolatechip15 Quote
LukeD Posted November 25, 2012 at 02:44 AM Posted November 25, 2012 at 02:44 AM wow! some really pissed off people here.....I get that people are dissapointed, and I wish she sang "live" too, but there is nothing we can do about it guys. she is obviously trying to protect her voice. At least we got the Quebec special which was live for the most part, and her verison performance in Germany too. Comments about her hitting rock bottom and being done are funny cause she obviously is still well loved, her albums and singles in france have shot straight to the top again in France iTunes after this special. I'm in no way a 'blind fan' and supporter of everything she does, I've just learned to accept the fact that with new specials promoting albums she lips a lot. Can't change and not point in getting heated over stuff like this anymore. I still love her. Protect her voice? For what? She doesn't have any recording to do in the studio and her next Vegas shows are in a month from now. Second, singing about 5 songs live isn't demanding and it won't be a risk for her voice. She could have done live Parler a mon pere, Le miracle, Qui peut vivre sans amour, L'amour peut prendre froid and Attendre live and I'm 100% sure nobody here would complain. Quote
québecflower Posted November 25, 2012 at 02:48 AM Posted November 25, 2012 at 02:48 AM I didn't see most of this show, but I will say that I really liked the duet with Patrick Bruel. Also, I don't understand why Rene rarely gets credit when things go right (the amazing new French album -- probably the best since D'Eux, the wonderful Julie Snyder special; the beautiful and well-received Whitney tribute, not to mention her Vegas show, which gave Celine some of her career-best reviews, sells well, and gives Celine what *she* wants - the ability to perform without the traveling to provide a stable life for her children) . . . but when there's one poor TV special, everyone's ready to get Celine a new manager. Celine and Rene have an amazing partnership that could never be replicated with anyone else and I hope that he remains her manager for a long time. i think myself that René is a great manager, and i would not so easily put him to the garbages. He has done a lot,for Celine. Celine has to take over if there is to greater things to come. I'm hopefull about that. In the the next ten years she will do great things. We are living a transition era. What will come , will be the best since she has nothing to prove. Quote Plus qu'ailleurs , but now Si c'était à refaire , i still love tant de temps....
DionFanAlways Posted November 25, 2012 at 02:55 AM Posted November 25, 2012 at 02:55 AM Well, I think there are a lot of people to blame for that show, but I won't single out any one person until I know what actually went on behind the scenes. It seems that even Celine was a little confused, frustrated or uncertain about what was going on according to the many comments. Regardless, why the other singers were singing her songs, I don't know. Also, don't give the show her name and then hide her behind the curtain or lock her in her dressing room! Evidently "Les Français" don't care, 'cause the ratings for Celine's songs are doing well. Go figure!!! I still adore Celine! I love "Sans Attendre", and I'll still return to Las Vegas to see her again! Thank goodness for the Quebec show, and the CD speaks for itself!!!!!You are right the cd does speak for itself and I do love it I am just confused I guess about the shows purpose. And yes like you I will still go see her in Vegas!I'm shooting for Feb.!! Quote I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
puttybuddy Posted November 25, 2012 at 02:59 AM Posted November 25, 2012 at 02:59 AM A Youtube channel by the name of Super2MA has uploaded this show in excelent quality without and logos through the middle Quote The greatest voice ever! ♥
nuts2you Posted November 25, 2012 at 03:02 AM Posted November 25, 2012 at 03:02 AM I cant believe what I have been reading, just read all 17 pages, to dam funny, some of you guys crack me up.. but anyway, did anyone of you notice on the J Halladay Video where he had his hand,, on her A$$, I was like wait a min, Quote
blueangel92 Posted November 25, 2012 at 03:02 AM Posted November 25, 2012 at 03:02 AM did anyone record it in HD. by the way i really hate watermarks of Celine Dion Greece Quote http://i610.photobucket.com/albums/tt182/tuongkhanh92/cdvn-1.png Celine Dion Vietnam Facebook Celine Dion Vietnam Blogspot
sailornic Posted November 25, 2012 at 03:05 AM Posted November 25, 2012 at 03:05 AM just aired in Guadeloupe, the show was ok, it doesn't deserve all the hate. Céline's life don't have secret for us that's why. As for the fake singing..... the did it in las vegas, at her world tour, why expect else for a tv show? It was good next time get rid of veronique she don't add anything. Quote
anna Posted November 25, 2012 at 03:35 AM Posted November 25, 2012 at 03:35 AM did anyone of you notice on the J Halladay Video where he had his hand,, on her A$$, I was like wait a min, Yehsss! I was like umm, yea, okay, really...they were so comfortable. But for a moment there Celine was off during their performance.It looked like she was swaying and was about to fall. I guess Johnny's hand on her bum supported her to a standstill. Quote
LukeD Posted November 25, 2012 at 03:48 AM Posted November 25, 2012 at 03:48 AM (edited) did anyone record it in HD. by the way i really hate watermarks of Celine Dion Greece It is just a pathetic effort to add some ''originality'' to the videos he steals/copies. Edited November 25, 2012 at 03:48 AM by LukeD Quote
sailornic Posted November 25, 2012 at 03:51 AM Posted November 25, 2012 at 03:51 AM one thing : celine look tired. Quote
LukeD Posted November 25, 2012 at 03:56 AM Posted November 25, 2012 at 03:56 AM just aired in Guadeloupe, the show was ok, it doesn't deserve all the hate. Céline's life don't have secret for us that's why. As for the fake singing..... the did it in las vegas, at her world tour, why expect else for a tv show? It was good next time get rid of veronique she don't add anything. Your post made me cringe. Are you serious? First of all, the lipping she did in her tour and Vegas shows comes to a 30% of each concert with the rest 70% being live. This time we are talking about her first official appearance in France since the lipped Tv Special in 2007 and she does the same inexcusable s*** again. She did even worse, to be honest, since she lipped some studio 90s tracks! Can it get any worse? Yes. The woman was caught lipping several times which is the utter embarrassment for a singer, let alone for a vocalist of her status. There is no hate here and it's silly of you to use this word, we are all fans, just not delusional enough to excuse everything Celine does. Our disappointment comes from a good place, the fact that we love and follow Celine for years. 3 Quote
sailornic Posted November 25, 2012 at 04:04 AM Posted November 25, 2012 at 04:04 AM (edited) everything was fake, the singing, the band, maybe the chorist... the dancing was real. The tour was fake too, she recorded it in studio than fake singing it. Celine has lost his voice i think. But the show was good i smile several times and laugh too. It's Ok for me. Fans here in this forum force Celine to change her DVD of las vegas but they are screaming lipping and get no result. as for the 70% live at her tour ....... NO WAY. only the speech was real Edited November 25, 2012 at 04:07 AM by sailornic Quote
LukeD Posted November 25, 2012 at 04:15 AM Posted November 25, 2012 at 04:15 AM everything was fake, the singing, the band, maybe the chorist... the dancing was real. The tour was fake too, she recorded it in studio than fake singing it. Celine has lost his voice i think. But the show was good i smile several times and laugh too. It's Ok for me. Fans here in this forum force Celine to change her DVD of las vegas but they are screaming lipping and get no result. as for the 70% live at her tour ....... NO WAY. only the speech was real You're dumber than a box of rocks. 1 Quote
québecflower Posted November 25, 2012 at 04:23 AM Posted November 25, 2012 at 04:23 AM everything was fake, the singing, the band, maybe the chorist... the dancing was real. The tour was fake too, she recorded it in studio than fake singing it. Celine has lost his voice i think. But the show was good i smile several times and laugh too. It's Ok for me. Fans here in this forum force Celine to change her DVD of las vegas but they are screaming lipping and get no result. as for the 70% live at her tour ....... NO WAY. only the speech was real it is a bit over the hill....lol Quote Plus qu'ailleurs , but now Si c'était à refaire , i still love tant de temps....
sailornic Posted November 25, 2012 at 04:33 AM Posted November 25, 2012 at 04:33 AM Céline don't sing live this days we all know it but pretend we don't know. I didn't expect her to sing live specially when i learn she was with a doctor. Something is going on. And it's true, the band was useless since she was lipping, they were not playing just pretend. The dancer try to be like the 2001 live vegas show but it wasn't too good but it was real. THe tour was was not live, get over it Quote
LukeD Posted November 25, 2012 at 04:58 AM Posted November 25, 2012 at 04:58 AM Céline don't sing live this days we all know it but pretend we don't know. I didn't expect her to sing live specially when i learn she was with a doctor. Something is going on. And it's true, the band was useless since she was lipping, they were not playing just pretend. The dancer try to be like the 2001 live vegas show but it wasn't too good but it was real. THe tour was was not live, get over it According to you, the ''lipped'' track here messed up the lyrics. LMAO. I can't. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.