browseceline Posted November 25, 2012 at 11:48 AM Posted November 25, 2012 at 11:48 AM (edited) Full separated show w/out that damn watermark: http://www.youtube.c...A/videos?view=0 Watching le Miracle now, it does not look bad, but it is obvious it is not live, even the kids choir is not live!And she forgets that the lala thing she does in the end, while singing away from the microphone won't make a sound like this, so it is lipped if you listen closelyit is the cd version. love her dress though! http://www.youtube.c...sw&feature=plcpthe lipping ain't that bad in this clip and I love this song and the moves she makes on stage was this live or lipped?http://www.youtube.c...WU&feature=plcpIt sounds live but when I look at her mouth, I don't know.. Oh look at Celine when some singer sings her song All by myself... look at her face! ( at 1:27)She is like... what is happening here, what am I doing here :-Shttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAf3WHsKMco&feature=plcp Edited November 25, 2012 at 11:56 AM by browseceline 1 Quote <iframe width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hl2XkxnYljg" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
donpi86 Posted November 25, 2012 at 11:58 AM Posted November 25, 2012 at 11:58 AM Ha.. at least it was a strange show.. well... I just have seen the performances cause I don't understand a thing in the interviews but I got some questions...- Why lately all the rock singers start to look like old ladies (Rod Stewart; Steven Tyler, Johnny Halliday... ) The performance was quite weak... it looks like they were not confortable lippin it... and old johnny... where do you put your hands ehh??????- The duet with that guy singing j'irais ou tu iras.. there were many confused moments... it was Live but.. the guy didn't knew the lyrics??... and then there is a moment where it sounds like vocals background that I don't know if it is Celine playback or just and excited chorus girl... well... Celine do it well.. but that guy.. there is a moment that it seems like he is thinking..."ok.. never mind... I don't give a s*** about this performance...what the hell am I doing here..". By the way... who is this guy?- The Military moment singing All By Myself??????? -It was Celine Dion le grand show or Veronique Grand Show???- The lippin issue... It's very funny in Le Miracle... Celine doesn't give a s**t about that... she takes away the microphone in the lalalala part and we are listening to her like "ok.. you know of course I'm lippin so i'm not going to fake it....". RDMH and MHWGO... are you serious.. please.. don't be this clumsy... I always have this question, maybe some of you have a job on TV... but.. it is normal to use playbacks in this kind of shows, or here in Spain it is very normal... maybe in France too... But I don't understand the reason, there was a time that I heard it was because it was cheaper, just push play... but in the moment you hire musicians, you do some performances LIVE... Who decides to do this one lip synched and the other one live... I think that once you have all the stage prepared for live performances it has to be much more difficult to mimic and you take a lot of risks if something goes wrong... We all know that she can sing that songs live... so... I don't understand why this things in Tv shows specially... I'm not sure who decides this things.. the Tv show producer, René... In general The Celine parts of the show are good.. she looks stunning, and instead I'm a defender of not lippin... It is what I expected from a tv show... But yes... the TVA Special it was muuuuuch better... Quote
manu23 Posted November 25, 2012 at 12:06 PM Posted November 25, 2012 at 12:06 PM My only problem with this show was that Celine didn's sing more of her new songs. I don't care so much about the lipping, here in Spain they usually do the same, maybe there is a reason.. but only four songs from Sans Attendre?? It's a pity cause it was watched for mor than 5M people... At least she looked gorgeous Quote
browseceline Posted November 25, 2012 at 12:08 PM Posted November 25, 2012 at 12:08 PM (edited) what i also don't understand, if she wanted to mime my heart will go on, why then pick the cdrecording? I mean, that was the very first take of my heart will go on , she never ever sang it like that again. and her voice does not sound like that 90s voice you hear in that recording....Veronique Di Caire got more attention then Celine in her own show! The military thing ... i did not get a single clue of it and it looks weird and odd and I think Celine was thinking... what the #??? okay... well I might as well listen to this male version... but wasn't I supposed to sing my own song? - so weird, same when Veronique was singing, while one of the biggest singers in the whole world is sitting on a chair listening to one of the only people that performed live! By the way, talking about that; we often discussed this, but in the tvshow it seems to be normal to lip , because of sound issues etc, but tell me, then why does Veronique NOT lip in her entire performance??? Why can she sing her imitations live and Celine cannot??? and again, who makes these decisions? And how can Rene agree with this. I have a feeling Celine was surprised too. She did not expect all of this. She was supposed to promote her cd, but what happenend was a not so Celine show and Celine was just one of the artists in this show. Edited November 25, 2012 at 12:09 PM by browseceline Quote <iframe width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hl2XkxnYljg" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
celinefanonline Posted November 25, 2012 at 12:14 PM Posted November 25, 2012 at 12:14 PM - The duet with that guy singing j'irais ou tu iras.. there were many confused moments... it was Live but.. the guy didn't knew the lyrics??... and then there is a moment where it sounds like vocals background that I don't know if it is Celine playback or just and excited chorus girl... well... Celine do it well.. but that guy.. there is a moment that it seems like he is thinking..."ok.. never mind... I don't give a s*** about this performance...what the hell am I doing here..". By the way... who is this guy? if u watch her D'elles tv special u would have know that he did Caruso with Celine in that special! it was really good i love itbut this one i don't like it much..... 1 Quote Courage don't you dare fail me now!
justinecoria Posted November 25, 2012 at 12:17 PM Posted November 25, 2012 at 12:17 PM Oh my god. Veronic has finally tried to imitate Whitney. Lots of thing to improve, but at some points we really had that Whitney sound (especially the big "nothing") ^^. And what a great performance !! With some more training it will just be perfect. If she could try Mariah too, that'd be sooo great. Concerning the show, people here don't understand that Celine is the only one to constantly have big special TV shows in France whenever a new CD comes out. It's already a lot. Her not being there during the 3 hours of the show is not a problem. She's not the best selling artist recently, people do not want to see a full show of hers. And a big LOL at people being disappointed because she lipped the MHWGO album version and not the pre-recorded one. The only reason she lips her album version on TV is because her staff does not want people to know that she pre-records her pseudo live versions. At least here, they can totally assume it's playback. And this really annoys me : it's way more than her not singing live (which is already a big problem to me), but it's like there is a real desire (maybe a staff, lawyers too) to deceive and mislead everyone. Quote
PuraVida Posted November 25, 2012 at 12:55 PM Posted November 25, 2012 at 12:55 PM Others stole the show from Celine...and she let it happen. How pathetic. She can do better... And just when I thought I couldn't be surprised any further by the ridiculousness of the fakery she puts out. Wasted talent...wasted promo time! Quote
Javito Posted November 25, 2012 at 01:09 PM Posted November 25, 2012 at 01:09 PM I have a feeling Celine was surprised too. She did not expect all of this. She was supposed to promote her cd, but what happenend was a not so Celine show and Celine was just one of the artists in this show. Please!? As if Céline didn't know beforehand what songs she would have to sing from the album! Of course she knew she had to sing only 3 songs from the album and that they would be lipped, but that's not the problem! The problem is that she may not agree with the show program or feel disappointed, and WHY does she have to give in these things after 30 years of career. That's the problem and we would like to know! 1 Quote "Hush, now... I see a light in the sky"
Fran Posted November 25, 2012 at 01:25 PM Posted November 25, 2012 at 01:25 PM The TVA show was financed with a lot of publicity (every 15 minutes), France 2 show (state channel with no pub in almost 3hrs.) in my opinion was financed with the other album for promotion, it´s allways the same with those shows on France Television ( I remember the show CELINE for 1 fille et 4 types taped in Las Vegas was almos the same). We cant do nothing, dont be frustated! 2 Quote
celinefandelux Posted November 25, 2012 at 02:02 PM Posted November 25, 2012 at 02:02 PM At least the Show had an immense impact on the iTunes charts. Look Sans attendre: #3 http://www.ukmix.org/forums/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif and #20 D'eux: #23 ONCP: #80 S'il suffisait d'aimer: #94 And parler à mon père up to #9 and #43! Quote
DionFanAlways Posted November 25, 2012 at 02:03 PM Posted November 25, 2012 at 02:03 PM http://www.youtube.c...sw&feature=plcpthe lipping ain't that bad in this clip and I love this song and the moves she makes on stage Oh look at Celine when some singer sings her song All by myself... look at her face! ( at 1:27)She is like... what is happening here, what am I doing here :-Shttp://www.youtube.c...co&feature=plcpI was so happy when she did QPVSA! I was like finally. It is one of my favs! I was wondering how she would move to that song?Well the guy, (Pierce Jr.) did great! I know, she was either, you've got to be kidding me or wow, this guy is amazing! I do think it's cute that at around the 3;30 mark he looks to be looking for approval from her?? Maybe? Quote I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
LuisMa Posted November 25, 2012 at 02:14 PM Posted November 25, 2012 at 02:14 PM The show is helping Celine and guests on the Amazon.fr chart: 1 Quote
DionFanAlways Posted November 25, 2012 at 02:24 PM Posted November 25, 2012 at 02:24 PM You're dumber than a box of rocks. "like"(I have reached my quota) Quote I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
Fanxiaoqiang Posted November 25, 2012 at 02:41 PM Posted November 25, 2012 at 02:41 PM itunes chartFrance (172) Songs: 9. Parler à mon père51. Parler à mon père53. All By Myself63. Le miracle87. S'il suffisait d'aimer103. Pour que tu m'aimes encore117. My Heart Will Go On144. River Deep, Mountain High148. Qui peut vivre sans amour 210. I'm Alive235. J'irai où tu iras252. Je sais pas254. Ne me quitte pas271. La mer et l'enfant296. D'amour ou d'amitié344. Voler346. S'il suffisait d'aimer347. Parler à mon père Albums: 3. Sans attendre20. Sans attendre23. D'eux85. On ne change pas95. S'il suffisait d'aimer165. Céline Dion - My Love - Ultimate Essential Collection Quote
Kyle_Jared Posted November 25, 2012 at 02:44 PM Posted November 25, 2012 at 02:44 PM (edited) Huge increase for album and singles! I can't wait to see what she does for sales after next week...projecting another 40-50K. The special had 4.8 million viewers to with over 23% audience share. (according to celinedionitaliana) Edited November 25, 2012 at 02:44 PM by Kyle_Jared Quote
Xpresso Posted November 25, 2012 at 02:57 PM Posted November 25, 2012 at 02:57 PM By the way, talking about that; we often discussed this, but in the tvshow it seems to be normal to lip , because of sound issues etc, but tell me, then why does Veronique NOT lip in her entire performance??? Why can she sing her imitations live and Celine cannot??? and again, who makes these decisions? And how can Rene agree with this. I have a feeling Celine was surprised too. She did not expect all of this. She was supposed to promote her cd, but what happenend was a not so Celine show and Celine was just one of the artists in this show. It's fairly simple why Veronic sang live. It's because she doesn't have a CD with these songs recorded. And she doesn't have to sound like the songs on a CD that people will buy...In France it's very common for singers to use playback, and same in Spain as I mentioned before.That's probably why Céline didn't care that much if she made some mistakes. in France everyone knows these shows are almost always lipped. Quote
Xpresso Posted November 25, 2012 at 03:01 PM Posted November 25, 2012 at 03:01 PM Also, we shouldn't just blame René for this. France 2 put the show together and I wouldn't be surprised most of the singers featured on the show are Sony artists (maybe some people here will know better than me). It's probably a way for Sony to promote everything in one show.So René can't say no to this stuff. However, René and Céline should have a say on the playback version used. Quote
Julian Posted November 25, 2012 at 03:40 PM Posted November 25, 2012 at 03:40 PM itunes chartFrance (172) Songs: 9. Parler à mon père51. Parler à mon père53. All By Myself63. Le miracle87. S'il suffisait d'aimer103. Pour que tu m'aimes encore117. My Heart Will Go On144. River Deep, Mountain High148. Qui peut vivre sans amour210. I'm Alive235. J'irai où tu iras252. Je sais pas254. Ne me quitte pas271. La mer et l'enfant296. D'amour ou d'amitié344. Voler346. S'il suffisait d'aimer347. Parler à mon père Albums: 3. Sans attendre20. Sans attendre23. D'eux85. On ne change pas95. S'il suffisait d'aimer165. Céline Dion - My Love - Ultimate Essential CollectionWow Quote
BLM Posted November 25, 2012 at 03:57 PM Posted November 25, 2012 at 03:57 PM As of yet, I don’t believe I’ve ever shared any opinions of mine with regard to Celine’s performances. I do so now since I sense and feel very strongly on what I observed during this special and what concerns me the most.There is no doubt in my mind; Celine was not herself during this special. I sensed it was hard for her to focus, she was extremely careful walking down the stairs during RDMH and not as energetic as she usually is during her performances. She seemed unsure of herself which we all know is not like Celine.We can all speculate as to why, i.e., jet lag, illness, maybe cold medication, etc. I think we can all agree Celine was so “off” that it affected her performances immensely. My concern is with what may be interfering with her recent performances which could be the reasoning for so many non-live performances. Most of all, it was disturbing to watch Celine, the consummate perfectionist, perform with hesitation and uncertainty. Speculation will not get us answers. We may never know… 5 Quote
infiniti Posted November 25, 2012 at 04:02 PM Posted November 25, 2012 at 04:02 PM It seems that Rene had no/little control over this TV special. Quote Celine ~
Xpresso Posted November 25, 2012 at 04:05 PM Posted November 25, 2012 at 04:05 PM Bubba, I agree with you.Céline wasn't in top shape... During her duet with Johnny, she almost lost her balance.That's probably why Johnny was holding her (well her butt... )Maybe medication... as we know she went to see a ear-nose-throat specialist as soon as she arrived in France.Some of the faces she made looked like she had to focus really hard to "be there"... 2 Quote
the power of celine Posted November 25, 2012 at 04:09 PM Posted November 25, 2012 at 04:09 PM is there someone who downloaded the whole show Quote http://img546.imageshack.us/img546/2493/wmagsigblackwhite.png
BLM Posted November 25, 2012 at 04:11 PM Posted November 25, 2012 at 04:11 PM Bubba, I agree with you.Céline wasn't in top shape... During her duet with Johnny, she almost lost her balance.That's probably why Johnny was holding her (well her butt... )Maybe medication... as we know she went to see a ear-nose-throat specialist as soon as she arrived in France.Some of the faces she made looked like she had to focus really hard to "be there"... Glad you noticed it too. I could care less about the performances and more so about what is going on with Celine. 2 Quote
browseceline Posted November 25, 2012 at 04:21 PM Posted November 25, 2012 at 04:21 PM When I watch the whole special I can see Celine is not in her comfortzone, she looks distracted and if she is there because she has to be there, but she looks, I don't know, tired, distracted. And I could see that she did not like which videofragments they showed and that they were too long, it was quite a thing for her to see all the fragments about her father and also have the camera on her face the whole time. 2 Quote <iframe width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hl2XkxnYljg" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
browseceline Posted November 25, 2012 at 04:35 PM Posted November 25, 2012 at 04:35 PM (edited) btw when they showed the footage about her father and the moments she had, i thought it was a bit disrespectful that they still had the camera on her face to see how she would respond. That is her private moment and they should not have filmed that. That is what we call emo-tv.When they showed the other fragments of girls want to have fun she was not in the mood, she was rather annoyed. All in all, it clearly wasn't her day. Edited November 25, 2012 at 04:42 PM by browseceline Quote <iframe width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hl2XkxnYljg" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Peppercorn1991 Posted November 25, 2012 at 04:37 PM Posted November 25, 2012 at 04:37 PM Please!? As if Céline didn't know beforehand what songs she would have to sing from the album! Of course she knew she had to sing only 3 songs from the album and that they would be lipped, but that's not the problem! The problem is that she may not agree with the show program or feel disappointed, and WHY does she have to give in these things after 30 years of career. That's the problem and we would like to know! Im sorry Javito but where are you getting she only sang three songs from the album from? She certainly did not 1. le mirical2. QPVSA3. PAMP4. DUET WITH HALLIDAY kev x Qui Peut Vivre Sans Amour Quote
garçon Posted November 25, 2012 at 04:44 PM Posted November 25, 2012 at 04:44 PM The Hallyday solo was prerecorded actually.. bizarre Quote
DionFanAlways Posted November 25, 2012 at 04:47 PM Posted November 25, 2012 at 04:47 PM Looking back on segments of the special now I can see that Celine did look not as sharp as she is.Bravo to Véronic DiCaire for the Whitney Houston song! It was amazing! Quote I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
browseceline Posted November 25, 2012 at 04:51 PM Posted November 25, 2012 at 04:51 PM (edited) Looking back on segments of the special now I can see that Celine did look not as sharp as she is.Bravo to Véronic DiCaire for the Whitney Houston song! It was amazing!it was all in the eyes, her eyes showed being distracted being thinking i don't want to be hereBtw I have to say Celine was looking drop dead gorgeous, look at her figure, like a catwalkmodel ( of course not that skinny haha)but really she is sooo goodlooking, her hair, her dress, she looked fantastic! Edited November 25, 2012 at 04:56 PM by browseceline Quote <iframe width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hl2XkxnYljg" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
DionFanAlways Posted November 25, 2012 at 04:54 PM Posted November 25, 2012 at 04:54 PM Look around the 2;28 mark of QPVSA, did she stumble? Quote I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.