CelinesDIVO5 Posted September 9, 2007 at 02:10 AM Posted September 9, 2007 at 02:10 AM I really think you guys are asking for a bit much, wanting a single released from an album that's already 9 years old...Collectors Editions are mainly made as a courtesy for die hard fans because it's a HUGE money maker when you have a fan base as large as Celine's and really, if someone is not a huge Celine fan and assuming that they haven't bought TAST when it was originally released or within the 9 years that it's been released, chances are they aren't going to buy it..and if they do, they wont spend the extra money for a CD/DVD edition, they will go solely for the original CD edition because why spend extra money if you're really not a huge fan and you're actually just looking for some nice Christmas music? I'm greatful that SONY is re-releasing TAST as they are...there's no reason to re-release it..it's just a nice gesture for us die hard fans as well as a money making tool for themselves. Quote https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PL54qnRGM2gMatthew Charles - "Fix You" - Live at The Stonewall InnStonewall Sensation - Season 15Originally written and performed by Coldplay
ByuSmurf Posted September 9, 2007 at 02:43 AM Posted September 9, 2007 at 02:43 AM Curiousity!? Has TAST been one of the top selling Holiday Albums for the past 10 years? Anyone provide some chart history? I know at leat 6 Million copies have been sold according to RIAA. Billboard has it listed (as of Jan '07) being on the charts for 110 weeks with the highest position being #1. But that's all the information I could dig up. What I would like to know is the sales and position on the Holiday Chart for each of the past 10 years. Anyone? Quote http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y157/byusmurf/siggy12-25-05.jpg
Love, Posted September 9, 2007 at 03:22 AM Posted September 9, 2007 at 03:22 AM (edited) I think the digipak packaging is beautiful and traditional. It's funny reading all of the wishes of fans whenever something gets released. The more impossible, the funnier. Well, that's just the excitement I wonder why they are not waiting until next year, which is the 10th Anniversary of TAST. Maybe they are "striking the iron while it's HOT..." Regardless, they have put much work into this album, by REMASTERING the tracks.I wonder what else they could do to "perfect" it... Although it does not seem logical for Sony to release a single from this album, if it were my way, I'd throw "Don't Save It All For Christmas Day" into the radio stations around the world. This song represents the Christmas and Holiday spirit. Without a doubt, this is one of the most beautiful songs ever written and ever sung - and Celine co-penned it. Edited September 9, 2007 at 03:23 AM by Love, Quote
bruno_oliveira Posted September 9, 2007 at 04:48 AM Posted September 9, 2007 at 04:48 AM (edited) here in brazilthe best christmas song ... happy xmas (war is over) people love the original version...its a classic even a brazilian singer called simone ...recorded ..http://www.musicalsun.net/por/mpb/audio_mp...%20%20Natal.mp3but in portuguese ...argh... the english version is the best Edited September 9, 2007 at 04:52 AM by bruno_oliveira Quote
ByuSmurf Posted September 9, 2007 at 05:13 PM Posted September 9, 2007 at 05:13 PM Somehow the radio stations here always play Don't Save it All For Christmas Day even though it was never released as a single... BUT it was released on the promos, so maybe that's what they are getting it from?! Quote http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y157/byusmurf/siggy12-25-05.jpg
Nando Férri Posted September 9, 2007 at 06:45 PM Posted September 9, 2007 at 06:45 PM And here in Brazil, don't even why too, but they always play Xmas Eve when the year is ending. Quote http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m4ejungtQy1r9swpco6_250.gif
xo1hrt4celineox Posted September 9, 2007 at 10:24 PM Posted September 9, 2007 at 10:24 PM thanks I can't wait for the new edition Me as well... It seems like Christmas season is still far. I actually wanted to have a copy right now. But I really have to wai.t We all have to wait. First, her english lbum and then the Christmas album. I hope, 2 new songs would be included and I would like one song to be" It's Christmas All Over The World"..... something like that... It would be fine if they included the FULL song of OH! CHRISTMAS TREE (english and french version) sung for Walgreens ad or some unreleased songs (I MET AN ANGEL ON THE CHRISTMAS DAY) Oh, now this would be an EXCELLENT idea! I know that this album already does very well at christmas time, but these editions would really help to boast it (and be nice for fans) and i looooooove the packaging, its a must have for me!! Quote . . .Live to Love Celine Dion <3http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i294/xo1hrt4celineox/java05.jpghttp://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i294/xo1hrt4celineox/8839047.png
Kian Posted September 13, 2007 at 10:22 AM Posted September 13, 2007 at 10:22 AM Amazon.co.uk posted tracklist for dvd: 1. Power Of Love(From the Bonus DVD of the "These Are Special Times" Network TV Special)2. Do You Hear What I Hear (duet with Rosie O'Donnell)(From the Bonus DVD of the "These Are Special Times" Network TV Special)3. O Holy Night(From the Bonus DVD of the "These Are Special Times" Network TV Special)4. Because You Loved Me(From the Bonus DVD of the "These Are Special Times" Network TV Special)5. Let's Talk About Love(From the Bonus DVD of the "These Are Special Times" Network TV Special)6. The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face (From the Bonus DVD of the "These Are Special Times" Network TV Special)7. My Heart Will Go On(From the Bonus DVD of the "These Are Special Times" Network TV Special)8. The Prayer (duet with Andrea Bocelli)(From the Bonus DVD of the "These Are Special Times" Network TV Special)9. Ave Maria - performed by Andrea Bocelli(From the Bonus DVD of the "These Are Special Times" Network TV Special) Nothing new on cd, it's the same version released before. http://www.amazon.co.uk/These-Special-Time...p;sr=1-3#disc_1 Quote
Love, Posted September 13, 2007 at 10:23 AM Posted September 13, 2007 at 10:23 AM What I am curious to know is: Is there a fan on this board who was able to attend the TAST TV Special taping? Quote
Davey84 Posted September 13, 2007 at 11:27 AM Posted September 13, 2007 at 11:27 AM Amazon.co.uk posted tracklist for dvd: 1. Power Of Love(From the Bonus DVD of the "These Are Special Times" Network TV Special)2. Do You Hear What I Hear (duet with Rosie O'Donnell)(From the Bonus DVD of the "These Are Special Times" Network TV Special)3. O Holy Night(From the Bonus DVD of the "These Are Special Times" Network TV Special)4. Because You Loved Me(From the Bonus DVD of the "These Are Special Times" Network TV Special)5. Let's Talk About Love(From the Bonus DVD of the "These Are Special Times" Network TV Special)6. The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face (From the Bonus DVD of the "These Are Special Times" Network TV Special)7. My Heart Will Go On(From the Bonus DVD of the "These Are Special Times" Network TV Special)8. The Prayer (duet with Andrea Bocelli)(From the Bonus DVD of the "These Are Special Times" Network TV Special)9. Ave Maria - performed by Andrea Bocelli(From the Bonus DVD of the "These Are Special Times" Network TV Special) Nothing new on cd, it's the same version released before. http://www.amazon.co.uk/These-Special-Time...p;sr=1-3#disc_1 hmmm didn't she also performed TATST Quote http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v75/daveyh84/incognito198701_zpsaaootxh1.jpgRick, ik hou van jou voor altijd!A New Day... has come 28/29 April & 2/3 May 07Antwerpen 13 et 14 mai,Paris 24 et 25 mai, Amsterdam 2 juinet Arras 7 juillet Chances Taken!!!How Do You Keep The Music Playing? - Celine Opening Night March 15th, March 16th
tcherno Posted September 13, 2007 at 12:26 PM Posted September 13, 2007 at 12:26 PM the sales will increase for this album cause already it did well in sales worldwide and with this new release, it will be sold more, especially as we begin xmas vacation & shopping Quote
pol Posted September 13, 2007 at 01:07 PM Posted September 13, 2007 at 01:07 PM Amazon.co.uk posted tracklist for dvd: 1. Power Of Love(From the Bonus DVD of the "These Are Special Times" Network TV Special)2. Do You Hear What I Hear (duet with Rosie O'Donnell)(From the Bonus DVD of the "These Are Special Times" Network TV Special)3. O Holy Night(From the Bonus DVD of the "These Are Special Times" Network TV Special)4. Because You Loved Me(From the Bonus DVD of the "These Are Special Times" Network TV Special)5. Let's Talk About Love(From the Bonus DVD of the "These Are Special Times" Network TV Special)6. The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face (From the Bonus DVD of the "These Are Special Times" Network TV Special)7. My Heart Will Go On(From the Bonus DVD of the "These Are Special Times" Network TV Special)8. The Prayer (duet with Andrea Bocelli)(From the Bonus DVD of the "These Are Special Times" Network TV Special)9. Ave Maria - performed by Andrea Bocelli(From the Bonus DVD of the "These Are Special Times" Network TV Special) Nothing new on cd, it's the same version released before. http://www.amazon.co.uk/These-Special-Time...p;sr=1-3#disc_1 hmmm didn't she also performed TATST Yes, she did. And I hope they will include it on the DVD, even if it's not on the Amazon tracklist Quote http://www.celinedion.com/celinedion/english/images/tourheader.gifhttp://img212.imageshack.us/img212/2794/25241103520d133287fabux1.jpg MY TOUR DATESJune 12th, 2008 - Berlin, GermanyJune 28th, 2008 - Cracow, Poland
Der_Griffon Posted September 13, 2007 at 03:12 PM Posted September 13, 2007 at 03:12 PM (From the Bonus DVD of the "These Are Special Times" Network TV Special) this sounds odd - is the dvd of the new tast edition not the bonus dvd with the tast tv special?) Or is it just amazon? Quote http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj229/Der_Griffon/SIGNATURE-1-1-1.jpg March 15th and 16th 2011, Las VegasThank you Celine and thank you friends! I truly had the time of my life!
Der_Griffon Posted September 13, 2007 at 03:14 PM Posted September 13, 2007 at 03:14 PM And, btw, if you look closer at the picture from amazone, there are exactly 9 tracks on the dvd, which means that the performance of tast won't be included, since amazone already lists the exact 9 tracks... Quote http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj229/Der_Griffon/SIGNATURE-1-1-1.jpg March 15th and 16th 2011, Las VegasThank you Celine and thank you friends! I truly had the time of my life!
Alex_Incognito Posted September 13, 2007 at 03:22 PM Posted September 13, 2007 at 03:22 PM I don't believe she sang TATSP, it was played over the end credits. Quote "People pay 20-25 dollars to see you."- Céline Dion, 1990
Thomas Posted September 13, 2007 at 04:43 PM Posted September 13, 2007 at 04:43 PM She sang the end part and then the credits took over, but she did sing a little bit (playback). It'll probably still be on the DVD but since it was small its probably classed as the credits. Quote
Der_Griffon Posted September 13, 2007 at 05:18 PM Posted September 13, 2007 at 05:18 PM She sang the end part and then the credits took over, but she did sing a little bit (playback). It'll probably still be on the DVD but since it was small its probably classed as the credits. I really hope you're right, so that we have the whole entire special on DVD. Quote http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj229/Der_Griffon/SIGNATURE-1-1-1.jpg March 15th and 16th 2011, Las VegasThank you Celine and thank you friends! I truly had the time of my life!
alextrusca Posted September 13, 2007 at 05:43 PM Posted September 13, 2007 at 05:43 PM It will be there for sure, cause it wasn't used as a stand alone track, but for the closing of the special.Just as they used the TCOML instrumental on the dvd with the same name. Quote
idroveallnight Posted September 13, 2007 at 05:47 PM Posted September 13, 2007 at 05:47 PM Barnes & Nobel is releasing it the same day as "Taking Chances." Quote
Shaun Posted September 13, 2007 at 07:58 PM Posted September 13, 2007 at 07:58 PM Amazon UK are having a laugh charging £16.50 for it. LOL Quote Bringing you the world's only Celine Dion podcast show since 2014.Find us on Soundcloud, Apple Podcasts, Spotify & Amazon Music.
Love, Posted September 13, 2007 at 08:32 PM Posted September 13, 2007 at 08:32 PM Amazon UK are having a laugh charging £16.50 for it. LOL I can get three CDs for that price here in America! Quote
Thomas Posted September 13, 2007 at 08:58 PM Posted September 13, 2007 at 08:58 PM (edited) I can get three CDs for that price here in America!I guess I know who's supplying my CD's then.... Edited September 13, 2007 at 08:59 PM by Thomas Quote
Bellamy Posted September 14, 2007 at 12:22 AM Posted September 14, 2007 at 12:22 AM Amazon UK are having a laugh charging £16.50 for it. LOL I can get three CDs for that price here in America!Or get the Expanded Special Packaging. Quote Please support the forum by ordering everything through our special Amazon.com link Click here. Thank you!
Love, Posted September 14, 2007 at 09:14 AM Posted September 14, 2007 at 09:14 AM (edited) I can get three CDs for that price here in America!I guess I know who's supplying my CD's then.... I can do that... but you'll have to come to America to pick it up! Amazon UK are having a laugh charging £16.50 for it. LOL I can get three CDs for that price here in America!Or get the Expanded Special Packaging. Sings... I'm proud to be an American, where at least I know I'm free (from British prices!) :mdr: Edited September 14, 2007 at 09:16 AM by Love, Quote
anewdayhascome Posted September 14, 2007 at 04:14 PM Posted September 14, 2007 at 04:14 PM still we don't know where it is going to be releaseED? Quote A New Day... 10th & 11th November 2006 Taking Chances World Tour, Antwerp 13th & 14th May 2008, Kraków 28th June 2008 Celine 25th & 27th & 31st August 2013 20th, 23rd, 24th, 27th & 28th September 2016 Sans attendre Tour, Paris 1st & 5th December 2013 Encore un soir, Paris 24th, 25th, 28th, 29th June & 2nd, 3rd, 6th, 7th, 9th July 2016 Live 2017 Stockholm 17th June 2017 Lille 1st & 2nd July 2017 Paris 8th & 9th July 2017 Berlin 23rd & 24th July 2017 Live 2018 Taipei 11th & 13th July 2018 Manila 19th July 2018 Bangkok 23rd July 2018 BST Hyde Park London 5 July 2019
Bellamy Posted September 14, 2007 at 04:19 PM Posted September 14, 2007 at 04:19 PM still we don't know where it is going to be releaseED?Yes. No one knows, Read yourself. You really get my nerve lately. Quote Please support the forum by ordering everything through our special Amazon.com link Click here. Thank you!
dj4celine Posted September 14, 2007 at 05:27 PM Posted September 14, 2007 at 05:27 PM still we don't know where it is going to be releaseED?Yes. No one knows, Read yourself. You really get my nerve lately. Quote
VinnyT. Posted September 19, 2007 at 08:22 AM Author Posted September 19, 2007 at 08:22 AM "These Are Special Times: Collector's Edition [CD+DVD]" is now slated to be released in Europe on October 29th, according to Sony BMG Denmark. Quote For Exclusive News "Like Us" on Facebook http://i44.tinypic.com/vfjwad.jpg click on the banner
Lisi_Dion Posted September 19, 2007 at 09:42 AM Posted September 19, 2007 at 09:42 AM Great news....thank you Vinny!!! So I had to save a lot of money till the end of October...so many Celine Dion things to buy Quote _________________________________________Me, looking like Celine......hehe!!! http://img358.imageshack.us/img358/3471/celinedionscreencap12pc1.jpgBy Lisi140
cmcdaori Posted September 19, 2007 at 10:03 AM Posted September 19, 2007 at 10:03 AM still we don't know where it is going to be releaseED?Yes. No one knows, Read yourself. You really get my nerve lately. Mine nerves too,hehehehheheh Quote Thank u Jesus. Im in ur hands now.
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.