fred Posted September 2, 2007 at 07:39 PM Posted September 2, 2007 at 07:39 PM <cdionline>PEOPLE!! Let's create a petition and ask SonyBMG to release a Xmas single to promote the newly packaged "These Are Special Times".</cdionline> Well it wouldn't hurt if they'd release singles from that album, especially now when they are rereleasing it it's a golde opportunity. But when the new English album is on it's way it is not gonna happen. There are so many great seasonal tracks on that album and they only released singles from it that were the only two songs on there not holliday season related (The Prayer, I'm Your Angel).... Those tracks could they had released after the season was over... what a waste, what a waste... /fred Quote Peace and love to all.
mirage Posted September 2, 2007 at 08:35 PM Posted September 2, 2007 at 08:35 PM yeaaah christmas eve :D god bless us everyone.. :D Quote
CDI Posted September 2, 2007 at 08:55 PM Posted September 2, 2007 at 08:55 PM Is it just me or did "Say What" create a quote pretending that I wrote that...??? isnt that slander? anyway, yeah Fred, I was hoping for a bit more, was also in contact with Sony over a month ago and they told me it was JUST the concert, nothing else, but I did submit alot of ideas and suggestions to them, so here is hoping they took at least one of them!... but I doubt it. As for a single, they really should have released a single from it, what a waste it correct!, this album had so many potential hits its unimaginable that Sony wasted them... and this was back at a time that Singles actually sold and were not ripped off the net... its seems wierd that Rene didn't step in on that one... Quote <iframe height="300" src="https://embed.indabamusic.com/p?p=https://lydian.indabamusic.com/submissions/6f7bc7ca-4666-11e3-bdac-12313b01d411/playlist" frameborder="0" width="400" scrolling="no"></iframe>
celine_026 Posted September 2, 2007 at 09:05 PM Posted September 2, 2007 at 09:05 PM OMG, I hate digipacks Quote http://img410.imageshack.us/img410/1098/power01eq1.jpg
Thomas Posted September 2, 2007 at 09:12 PM Posted September 2, 2007 at 09:12 PM Is it just me or did "Say What" create a quote pretending that I wrote that...??? isnt that slander?I think the technical term for it is a "joke". And I'm happy to have the show even without extras. I never imagined they'd release it, so I'm just really pleased to be getting it on DVD. Quote
Say What? Posted September 2, 2007 at 10:06 PM Posted September 2, 2007 at 10:06 PM Is it just me or did "Say What" create a quote pretending that I wrote that...??? isnt that slander?:woot: OMG JP found its way over here And I see you haven't bought yourself some sense of humour since you left the other forum I'm surprised you're asking for more... well not that surprised but still. You lived off the idea of getting more done with that album and now that there's a bit of something happening you want more I for one will buy that newly repackaged CD/DVD. Looking forward to it. Quote
Shaun Posted September 2, 2007 at 10:17 PM Posted September 2, 2007 at 10:17 PM There is no doubt that there was a wasted opportunity to release a seasonal single from "These Are Special Times" however it's worth remembering that the album still produced a hit single in "I'm Your Angel." Yes it would've been nice to have "Christmas Eve" or "The Magic of Christmas Day" released but ultimately the collaboration with R. Kelly had to be the single for album and obviously after that the opportunity to release further singles was gone. Referring to the special edition re-release, I for one am grateful that we're even getting that. In times gone by it seemed every other artist in the world got the special edition treatment and now finally Sony are giving old Celine albums that same treatment. I think it's superb, and to have that concert in DVD quality will be a fine addition to my collection. Quote Bringing you the world's only Celine Dion podcast show since 2014.Find us on Soundcloud, Apple Podcasts, Spotify & Amazon Music.
CDI Posted September 2, 2007 at 11:00 PM Posted September 2, 2007 at 11:00 PM (edited) I never said I wasn't gonna buy it, and I'm NOT complaining, I'm glad they did something... but I like everyone else im entitled to my own opinion and in regards to the sense of humour remark, I do have one, I'm not offended by what you were saying... but its getting a bit personal now, How can you possibly tell what my sense of humour is like by reading 1 line on a forum!... And I think if a DVD is released especially now, its only fair that they should at least include it in 5.1 or DTS, this is practically standard these days... like buying a new TV and realising its Black & White... bit dissapointing especially when your paying good money for it. Edited September 2, 2007 at 11:03 PM by CDI Quote <iframe height="300" src="https://embed.indabamusic.com/p?p=https://lydian.indabamusic.com/submissions/6f7bc7ca-4666-11e3-bdac-12313b01d411/playlist" frameborder="0" width="400" scrolling="no"></iframe>
Say What? Posted September 2, 2007 at 11:09 PM Posted September 2, 2007 at 11:09 PM Actually I would think they're actualy quite behind in releasing a DVD in 5.1 or DTS. They should at least also venture in the HD-DVD or Blue Ray DVD. Those are the format of the future. But knowing Sony and their ever-so-behind in technology in regards to Celine's releases, we'll only get a DVD with stereo sound :/ Oh, and to show some sense of humour on a forum, people use emoticons Quote
CDI Posted September 2, 2007 at 11:29 PM Posted September 2, 2007 at 11:29 PM like this? the only problem with HD and Blu Ray, Sony WONT release HD, they own the BluRay format so thats what they'd release which means the fans have to buy a bluray machine or the PS3.. which I think will end up like the SACD... a lost format... imagine hearing TAST in SACD sound! lol Quote <iframe height="300" src="https://embed.indabamusic.com/p?p=https://lydian.indabamusic.com/submissions/6f7bc7ca-4666-11e3-bdac-12313b01d411/playlist" frameborder="0" width="400" scrolling="no"></iframe>
SuperLove4Celine Posted September 2, 2007 at 11:37 PM Posted September 2, 2007 at 11:37 PM Guys, can we please get back to the topic? Remember - don't attack the poster - discuss the post. Otherwise this thread could come very close to getting closed and locked. As for the packaging it's nice. I wasn't expecting Sony to put more effort into it since it's not a brand new album. Plus I think more money is getting pumped into the new English album and World Tour instead - which is how I'd want it. Now, if there were to be bonus songs added then I would have expected a bit more done. However, that didn't happen. Which, again, I'm fine with. I'd rather have them stay in the Sony/Celine/Rene vault for a future brand new Christmas album. I'm just happy that the special is getting released on DVD finally. YAY! ...Joe... Quote
Say What? Posted September 2, 2007 at 11:41 PM Posted September 2, 2007 at 11:41 PM Oh yeah I forgot that both format aren't supported by every company. Well it would be a start to offer her DVDs in that format. If they want to compete with HD-DVD, they need to be aggressive, unlike what hey did with the Betamax abd MiniDisc and the SACD. Sony has a trail record to come up with new technology and not market properly. But Blue Ray has an advantage over HD-DVD: it has more storage data than the other. It would be wise to manufacture some of her DVDs in that new format IMO. Quote
Say What? Posted September 2, 2007 at 11:42 PM Posted September 2, 2007 at 11:42 PM Guys, can we please get back to the topic? Remember - don't attack the poster - discuss the post. Otherwise this thread could come very close to getting closed and locked.Yes Mister "Moderator" Quote
anewdayhascome Posted September 3, 2007 at 10:01 AM Posted September 3, 2007 at 10:01 AM there should be some unreleased songs or at least i met an angel... and the single should be released as soon as possible it'd be sold even more then.... just wasting so good material Quote A New Day... 10th & 11th November 2006 Taking Chances World Tour, Antwerp 13th & 14th May 2008, Kraków 28th June 2008 Celine 25th & 27th & 31st August 2013 20th, 23rd, 24th, 27th & 28th September 2016 Sans attendre Tour, Paris 1st & 5th December 2013 Encore un soir, Paris 24th, 25th, 28th, 29th June & 2nd, 3rd, 6th, 7th, 9th July 2016 Live 2017 Stockholm 17th June 2017 Lille 1st & 2nd July 2017 Paris 8th & 9th July 2017 Berlin 23rd & 24th July 2017 Live 2018 Taipei 11th & 13th July 2018 Manila 19th July 2018 Bangkok 23rd July 2018 BST Hyde Park London 5 July 2019
Davey84 Posted September 3, 2007 at 01:54 PM Posted September 3, 2007 at 01:54 PM the only thing they can do IMO is to put an 'old' x-mas song on the Taking Chances single! It should be Christmas Eve or TASP itself, cos BC and the x-mas song have already been on singles... but I doubt Sony is clever enough to do it! And i"m happy they used the old cover... it's not a new cd, so why use a new cover? They should have done this with FIY aswell last year! A tenth anniversairy package with The Making Of and as a bonus the clips of FIY, ABM and CTM... but I guess Sony didn't want to make extra money! Quote http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v75/daveyh84/incognito198701_zpsaaootxh1.jpgRick, ik hou van jou voor altijd!A New Day... has come 28/29 April & 2/3 May 07Antwerpen 13 et 14 mai,Paris 24 et 25 mai, Amsterdam 2 juinet Arras 7 juillet Chances Taken!!!How Do You Keep The Music Playing? - Celine Opening Night March 15th, March 16th
CDI Posted September 3, 2007 at 02:18 PM Posted September 3, 2007 at 02:18 PM the only thing they can do IMO is to put an 'old' x-mas song on the Taking Chances single! It should be Christmas Eve or TASP itself, cos BC and the x-mas song have already been on singles... but I doubt Sony is clever enough to do it! And i"m happy they used the old cover... it's not a new cd, so why use a new cover? They should have done this with FIY aswell last year! A tenth anniversairy package with The Making Of and as a bonus the clips of FIY, ABM and CTM... but I guess Sony didn't want to make extra money! I agree, but IF they even release a single I'm sure they'll put "All By Myself" on it lol... or something they've really over done... but yeah even a few Christmas tracks on the Taking Chances single could potentially help the Special Edition sales... Quote <iframe height="300" src="https://embed.indabamusic.com/p?p=https://lydian.indabamusic.com/submissions/6f7bc7ca-4666-11e3-bdac-12313b01d411/playlist" frameborder="0" width="400" scrolling="no"></iframe>
lesfrancaise Posted September 4, 2007 at 05:15 AM Posted September 4, 2007 at 05:15 AM I really wonder why SONY MUSIC PHILIPPINES don't bother to release Celine's French Album starting about 8 years ago. The last time I bought a French Album of Celine was the S'il Suffisait D'aimer here. And I only saw 1 cd of 1 Fille & 4 Types and when I came back to buy it, it was already pulled out... Quote
CDMBLL Posted September 5, 2007 at 08:25 AM Posted September 5, 2007 at 08:25 AM Tank for the book. Quote
mikymika Posted September 5, 2007 at 09:25 AM Posted September 5, 2007 at 09:25 AM thanks I can't wait for the new edition Quote MA COLLECTION NEW VERSION SURhttp://img846.imageshack.us/img846/2483/copiedecopiedecelinedio.jpg Visitez mon site webFALLING INTO DION
RLAAMJR. Posted September 8, 2007 at 05:01 AM Posted September 8, 2007 at 05:01 AM thanks I can't wait for the new edition Me as well... It seems like Christmas season is still far. I actually wanted to have a copy right now. But I really have to wai.t We all have to wait. First, her english lbum and then the Christmas album. I hope, 2 new songs would be included and I would like one song to be" It's Christmas All Over The World"..... something like that... Quote
dj_Tom Posted September 8, 2007 at 10:12 AM Posted September 8, 2007 at 10:12 AM thanks I can't wait for the new edition Me as well... It seems like Christmas season is still far. I actually wanted to have a copy right now. But I really have to wai.t We all have to wait. First, her english lbum and then the Christmas album. I hope, 2 new songs would be included and I would like one song to be" It's Christmas All Over The World"..... something like that... It would be fine if they included the FULL song of OH! CHRISTMAS TREE (english and french version) sung for Walgreens ad or some unreleased songs (I MET AN ANGEL ON THE CHRISTMAS DAY) Quote 19 et 24 mai à Bercy...Merci pour ces merveilleux moments,je ne les oublierai jamais,je les garderai dans mon coeur...POUR TOUJOURS
stevo Posted September 8, 2007 at 01:26 PM Posted September 8, 2007 at 01:26 PM Oh I loved Oh Christmas Tree!! It was brilliant! Good idea methinks. They better bloody release it with 5.1 or DTS- I didn't fork out hundreds of £££ on new speakers for stereo sound. I think they should release Christmas Eve- let her saturate the market again. 2nd English single with Christmas Eve on B-side. Quote
PrincesseJen Posted September 8, 2007 at 03:13 PM Posted September 8, 2007 at 03:13 PM Look how nice is this: http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/7381/tastzm9.jpgWOW THAT'S AMA-ZA-ZING!!!!!! I pre-ordered two copies! One for me and one for my boss who is as obsessed with Celine as I am!http://www.smileysets.us/temp/PRINCESS/blink.gif It's great cuz if ever there's trouble on the job I can change the subject to something more Celine related!!http://www.smileysets.us/temp/PRINCESS/laugh.gif Does anyone know if there will be bonus features on the DVD, like behind the scenes footage?http://www.smileysets.us/temp/PRINCESS/huh.gif I think it would be great if Celine recorded the full verison of O Christmas Tree too! That would be nice!http://www.smileysets.us/temp/PRINCESS/blush.gif Quote http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z30/Sarahj21230/Celine%20and%20Josh/pinkroseCeline-1.jpg
ByuSmurf Posted September 8, 2007 at 07:56 PM Posted September 8, 2007 at 07:56 PM (edited) Collector's Edition.... So Pretty!! Only $15.99 @ B&N http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y157/byusmurf/TASTCollectorsEdition.jpg Edited September 8, 2007 at 07:57 PM by ByuSmurf Quote http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y157/byusmurf/siggy12-25-05.jpg
amelie Posted September 8, 2007 at 08:11 PM Posted September 8, 2007 at 08:11 PM Oh I loved Oh Christmas Tree!! It was brilliant! Good idea methinks. They better bloody release it with 5.1 or DTS- I didn't fork out hundreds of £££ on new speakers for stereo sound. I think they should release Christmas Eve- let her saturate the market again. 2nd English single with Christmas Eve on B-side. why not the 1st english single? it gets released in october (same month with TAST) it makes perfect sence to be included on Taking Chances single (+ they sound good together) Quote
pol Posted September 8, 2007 at 08:14 PM Posted September 8, 2007 at 08:14 PM (edited) Collector's Edition.... So Pretty!! Only $15.99 @ B&N http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y157/byusmurf/TASTCollectorsEdition.jpg Where did you order that? Is that the regular price for this special edition?And does it include the dvd? I can see it here http://music.barnesandnoble.com/search/pro...7527&itm=22 The price is really nice to me Edited September 8, 2007 at 08:21 PM by pol Quote http://www.celinedion.com/celinedion/english/images/tourheader.gifhttp://img212.imageshack.us/img212/2794/25241103520d133287fabux1.jpg MY TOUR DATESJune 12th, 2008 - Berlin, GermanyJune 28th, 2008 - Cracow, Poland
anewdayhascome Posted September 8, 2007 at 08:22 PM Posted September 8, 2007 at 08:22 PM we don't know where it's releasing... if only in the USA and Denmark? Quote A New Day... 10th & 11th November 2006 Taking Chances World Tour, Antwerp 13th & 14th May 2008, Kraków 28th June 2008 Celine 25th & 27th & 31st August 2013 20th, 23rd, 24th, 27th & 28th September 2016 Sans attendre Tour, Paris 1st & 5th December 2013 Encore un soir, Paris 24th, 25th, 28th, 29th June & 2nd, 3rd, 6th, 7th, 9th July 2016 Live 2017 Stockholm 17th June 2017 Lille 1st & 2nd July 2017 Paris 8th & 9th July 2017 Berlin 23rd & 24th July 2017 Live 2018 Taipei 11th & 13th July 2018 Manila 19th July 2018 Bangkok 23rd July 2018 BST Hyde Park London 5 July 2019
ByuSmurf Posted September 8, 2007 at 08:25 PM Posted September 8, 2007 at 08:25 PM (edited) Collector's Edition.... So Pretty!! Only $15.99 @ B&N http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y157/byusmurf/TASTCollectorsEdition.jpg Where did you order that? Is that the regular price for this special edition?And does it include the dvd? Yes, it is the CD/DVD edition being release on Oct. 2nd!!!Didn't you see the list price? $15.99 @ B&NLink:http://music.barnesandnoble.com/search/pro...7527&itm=22 **LOL!! I see you edited your post! Edited September 8, 2007 at 08:28 PM by ByuSmurf Quote http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y157/byusmurf/siggy12-25-05.jpg
pol Posted September 8, 2007 at 10:32 PM Posted September 8, 2007 at 10:32 PM Collector's Edition.... So Pretty!! Only $15.99 @ B&N http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y157/byusmurf/TASTCollectorsEdition.jpg Where did you order that? Is that the regular price for this special edition?And does it include the dvd? Yes, it is the CD/DVD edition being release on Oct. 2nd!!!Didn't you see the list price? $15.99 @ B&NLink:http://music.barnesandnoble.com/search/pro...7527&itm=22 **LOL!! I see you edited your post! Do you know in which countries will it be released? As for now we know about the US and Denmark probably.Any other infos or ideas on that? May it be released in Poland too, or is it impossible? Fingers crossed Quote http://www.celinedion.com/celinedion/english/images/tourheader.gifhttp://img212.imageshack.us/img212/2794/25241103520d133287fabux1.jpg MY TOUR DATESJune 12th, 2008 - Berlin, GermanyJune 28th, 2008 - Cracow, Poland
PrincesseJen Posted September 9, 2007 at 01:49 AM Posted September 9, 2007 at 01:49 AM Collector's Edition.... So Pretty!! Only $15.99 @ B&N http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y157/byusmurf/TASTCollectorsEdition.jpg Where did you order that? Is that the regular price for this special edition?And does it include the dvd? Yes, it is the CD/DVD edition being release on Oct. 2nd!!!Didn't you see the list price? $15.99 @ B&NLink:http://music.barnesandnoble.com/search/pro...7527&itm=22 **LOL!! I see you edited your post! It's only 1 dollar more on amazonhttp://www.smileysets.us/temp/PRINCESS/huh.gif http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_st/002-5145...rt=-releasedate Quote http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z30/Sarahj21230/Celine%20and%20Josh/pinkroseCeline-1.jpg
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.