Jump to content

"These Are Special Times" album - Official Topic


Recommended Posts

Posted
there were also bootleg audio from that ANDHC concert?
Posted
No, it was from the ANDHC CBS Special..

 

 

Ahh ok, I don't remember her singing that :confused: but then again I haven't seen it in a while. Kinda odd

song choice for that special though - don't ya think??? :shrug:

~J O E Y~
Posted
Why? As that song was on that album.... (And Amerika has a lot of Spanish speaking inhabitants) Makes more sense to perform a Spanish song than a French..:)

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» MATHIAS ««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzPrxI0AIDY

Posted
Why? As that song was on that album.... (And Amerika has a lot of Spanish speaking inhabitants) Makes more sense to perform a Spanish song than a French..:)

 

Well good point, we have many that speak different languages here but most is just English. The

song wasn't so mainstream is why I think it was an odd choice. I do think a french song would've been

more expected since she's French speaking and people know that. In any case, it was a good special. :clap:

~J O E Y~
Posted
now i want to see Ten Days from that special!!

Courage don't you dare fail me now!

post-129-1267909378_thumb.jpgpost-129-1303908160_thumb.jpg

Posted
I think that was from the Latin Grammys, wasn't it?? She didn't sing live tho, looks

like she just lipped it.

SONY dubbed the audio track like Goodbye's. She did sing it live according to the audience who actually been to the show. And this version looks bad, the audio is desync.

 

now i want to see Ten Days from that special!!

I don't think any TV channel broadcasted this.

Please support the forum by ordering everything through our special Amazon.com link

Click here. Thank you!

  • 2 weeks later...
Posted

I finally got some info from SonyBMG Finland.

 

Seems like the Collector's edition won't be released in Europe. Legacy releases a lot of special editions in the USA, but only a few of them gets in stores here. This year's Legacy releases aren't listed yet, so the release in Europe IS possible.

SonyBMG Finland can't sell the album if the Europe decides not to release this album.

 

:glare:

"Today, I’m a person on a path of connecting with my source and understanding that I am on the leading edge of creation.."

Posted
You always has Amazon.com at least.

Please support the forum by ordering everything through our special Amazon.com link

Click here. Thank you!

Posted
You always has Amazon.com at least.

yeah..thank god. :yes:

"Today, I’m a person on a path of connecting with my source and understanding that I am on the leading edge of creation.."

Posted
I finally got some info from SonyBMG Finland.

 

Seems like the Collector's edition won't be released in Europe. Legacy releases a lot of special editions in the USA, but only a few of them gets in stores here. This year's Legacy releases aren't listed yet, so the release in Europe IS possible.

SonyBMG Finland can't sell the album if the Europe decides not to release this album.

 

:glare:

Thank you, nano. :flowers: Thank you for your help. I'll try to find more info about it. :thumbsup2:

Posted
we'll see...
A New Day... 10th & 11th November 2006 Taking Chances World Tour, Antwerp 13th & 14th May 2008, Kraków 28th June 2008 Celine 25th & 27th & 31st August 2013 20th, 23rd, 24th, 27th & 28th September 2016 Sans attendre Tour, Paris 1st & 5th December 2013 Encore un soir, Paris 24th, 25th, 28th, 29th June & 2nd, 3rd, 6th, 7th, 9th July 2016 Live 2017 Stockholm 17th June 2017 Lille 1st & 2nd July 2017 Paris 8th & 9th July 2017 Berlin 23rd & 24th July 2017 Live 2018 Taipei 11th & 13th July 2018 Manila 19th July 2018 Bangkok 23rd July 2018 BST Hyde Park London 5 July 2019
Posted
I finally got some info from SonyBMG Finland.

 

Seems like the Collector's edition won't be released in Europe. Legacy releases a lot of special editions in the USA, but only a few of them gets in stores here. This year's Legacy releases aren't listed yet, so the release in Europe IS possible.

SonyBMG Finland can't sell the album if the Europe decides not to release this album.

 

:glare:

Thank you, nano. :flowers: Thank you for your help. I'll try to find more info about it. :thumbsup2:

^_^

"Today, I’m a person on a path of connecting with my source and understanding that I am on the leading edge of creation.."

Posted
The Collector's Edition CD+DVD will be released in Denmark on October 1st, according to Sony BMG Danmark. So I think that's the European release date.

:blink: so my contact didn't know anything. :lol:

"Today, I’m a person on a path of connecting with my source and understanding that I am on the leading edge of creation.."

Posted
so it'll be in Europe for sure! because in Denmark there are not a lot of her cds so in other countries where more people buy her records will be!!!!!! it's very early... i think it must have a single so that it could lead people to new english album!!!!
A New Day... 10th & 11th November 2006 Taking Chances World Tour, Antwerp 13th & 14th May 2008, Kraków 28th June 2008 Celine 25th & 27th & 31st August 2013 20th, 23rd, 24th, 27th & 28th September 2016 Sans attendre Tour, Paris 1st & 5th December 2013 Encore un soir, Paris 24th, 25th, 28th, 29th June & 2nd, 3rd, 6th, 7th, 9th July 2016 Live 2017 Stockholm 17th June 2017 Lille 1st & 2nd July 2017 Paris 8th & 9th July 2017 Berlin 23rd & 24th July 2017 Live 2018 Taipei 11th & 13th July 2018 Manila 19th July 2018 Bangkok 23rd July 2018 BST Hyde Park London 5 July 2019
Posted

The release date is even closer than I expected... Month before the English album, quite strange...

Anyway, I'm happy that we'll probably be able to get it in Europe, hope so in Poland, too :thumbsup2:

http://www.celinedion.com/celinedion/english/images/tourheader.gif

http://img212.imageshack.us/img212/2794/25241103520d133287fabux1.jpg

 

MY TOUR DATES

June 12th, 2008 - Berlin, Germany

June 28th, 2008 - Cracow, Poland

Posted
I'm buying it.
http://img216.imageshack.us/img216/6184/houstannc9.jpg
Posted
the update in Polish sony will be very soon because they releases only till 30 september so we will know soon what will be released in Poland... cross our fingers
A New Day... 10th & 11th November 2006 Taking Chances World Tour, Antwerp 13th & 14th May 2008, Kraków 28th June 2008 Celine 25th & 27th & 31st August 2013 20th, 23rd, 24th, 27th & 28th September 2016 Sans attendre Tour, Paris 1st & 5th December 2013 Encore un soir, Paris 24th, 25th, 28th, 29th June & 2nd, 3rd, 6th, 7th, 9th July 2016 Live 2017 Stockholm 17th June 2017 Lille 1st & 2nd July 2017 Paris 8th & 9th July 2017 Berlin 23rd & 24th July 2017 Live 2018 Taipei 11th & 13th July 2018 Manila 19th July 2018 Bangkok 23rd July 2018 BST Hyde Park London 5 July 2019
Posted

US SPECIAL EDITIONS:

 

Let's look back and remember. Okay, done. The only US special edition (besides putting parfume in with ANDLILV) was A NEW DAY HAS COME. This repackage was nothing too special, but we did get 2 new tracks, a video with a deformed looking Celine, and a nice look into the spectac. ALSO we got the alternate recording of "The Greatest Reward." Special editions have since gotten better, I wouldn't be surprised if the new Celine english album will get an AWESOME Japanese special tour edition (think back to the LETS TALK ABOUT LOVE ASIAN TOUR SPECIAL PACKAGE , which was cool). I bet we'll get a DVD, like they've done with Avril Lavigne, Madonna, and Christina Aguilera.

 

Don't hold your breath for bonus tracks, for all we know they could just recall all the old TAST CDs and place the inserts and CDs in a double jewel case and add a carboard case that talks about the DVD. But we could actually be getting something better.

 

Where do we voice that we want the THESE ARE SPECIAL TIMES video as well as the others?

Too bad Rene isn't in charge of this.

"People pay 20-25 dollars to see you."

- Céline Dion, 1990

Posted (edited)

OK, here's what I think...

 

The CD is gonna be the same, its supposed to be remastered or something, shame it wasn't all 5.1 tracks too but anyway... the CD Sleeve, Inlay and Disc will probably be the exact same, why because the artwork is already done up and the printing plates and stuff are already there, so its probably just a matter of doing a re-run and then producing a New DVD with a new back inlay or I think the Legacy editions have a wrap around sleeve... this will cover the "new material" side of things.. and I would say thats pretty much all we're getting!

 

I think they also recorded a video for "Happy Xmas", anyone remember the TV ad that showed Celine in her "I'm Your Angel" video singing the first lines of "So this is christmas"?... just another thought but here is what I say they should have considered for this release...

 

* Any new songs, ok maybe they have none, but I'm sure they have either alternate versions of some of the songs or even demos

* 5.1 Audio tracks on the DVD of either the whole CD or a few selected tracks

* They could have tried out the new U-MYX Format on the CD and allowed fans the chance to create their own versions

* Put the making of the album on there, remember the one that aired VH1 and no one seems to have anymore

* Put the ad on there, its a small thing but if they have it, it'd be something at least

* Put the rehersals of the TV Special on there

* Put Karoke/Instrumental versions on the DVD as audio only, like they did with "Coulda, Woulda, Shoulda" & "All Because Of You"

* Put a few acappellas on it... everyone loved I Drove All Night (Celine's ONLY official acappella release)

* Put the behind the scenes of the Photoshoot with Randee St. Nicholas, if they have it

 

I'll probably think of more after posting this but in my opinion, its gonna be a wasted release yet again... they did it the first time and the album had so many great tracks on it that could have been big Christmas singles and it seems they're doing it again... back in 1998 the albums that were in the shops had a circular sticker on them saying something along the lines of ""Including the singles, O HOLY NIGHT, THE PRAYER AND I'M YOUR ANGEL", They only released I'm Your Angel and then the album was forgotten about!!!!....

 

"Previously Unreleased" TV Special that aired and millions of people seen and recorded and eventually downloaded... its not really new or unreleased material is it?

 

Just my thoughts on this...

Edited by CDI
Posted (edited)

This release is such a joke. If they can't release anything properly, I'd rather have them releasing nothing at all - "All or nothing at all" - wasn't it Céline herself who said they didn't do anything unless it was "all the way"???

 

I am probobly repeating myself, but AT LEAST IMAAOCD should be in this "special" edition.

 

And please people, don't mean to be offending but how important are those technical specialties and instrumental tracks (isn't it Céline's performance we're here for??).

 

And why releasing it so soon, who (except some fans here) buy a Christmas album in October?! And what is sad aswell is why they are re-releasing this wonderful album without taking the chance to make up for bad promotion of the first release - releasing singles of great tracks such as BC and CE. TAST was promoted with the only two tracks that weren't really bound to the season - those tracks could had been used as pr before and after the hollidays - why don't they think?!

 

But there can't possibly be any singles from the re-release of TAST, not with the new album on its way. This should had been released last year or the year before or even 2008.

 

Like I said: "I'd rather have nothing at all." (great song BTW)

 

/fred

Edited by fred
Peace and love to all.
Posted
i think that without any single it'd be a flop
A New Day... 10th & 11th November 2006 Taking Chances World Tour, Antwerp 13th & 14th May 2008, Kraków 28th June 2008 Celine 25th & 27th & 31st August 2013 20th, 23rd, 24th, 27th & 28th September 2016 Sans attendre Tour, Paris 1st & 5th December 2013 Encore un soir, Paris 24th, 25th, 28th, 29th June & 2nd, 3rd, 6th, 7th, 9th July 2016 Live 2017 Stockholm 17th June 2017 Lille 1st & 2nd July 2017 Paris 8th & 9th July 2017 Berlin 23rd & 24th July 2017 Live 2018 Taipei 11th & 13th July 2018 Manila 19th July 2018 Bangkok 23rd July 2018 BST Hyde Park London 5 July 2019
Posted

Fred, those technical, instrumental and stuff... some fans appreciate every aspect of an artist such as the producers, the work behind the scenes... there is so much more to a song than just the version you hear on the album, The material is there to create alternate versions, why not use it... as for the technical stuff, people like to see how a song came to be... I don't like an artist just for who they are, it has to be a number of things...

 

I mean if the artist was a great vocalist but the production work was crap and sounded crap its possible they wouldn't be too successful, its a complete package you know?

Posted
Fred, those technical, instrumental and stuff... some fans appreciate every aspect of an artist such as the producers, the work behind the scenes... there is so much more to a song than just the version you hear on the album, The material is there to create alternate versions, why not use it... as for the technical stuff, people like to see how a song came to be... I don't like an artist just for who they are, it has to be a number of things...

 

I mean if the artist was a great vocalist but the production work was crap and sounded crap its possible they wouldn't be too successful, its a complete package you know?

 

Yea I do agree on that. I have a hard time to stand the fact that Céline is mostly surrouded by cheap horrible key board arrengements and repeadative music.

 

The thing I am a bit against is why ask for those trivialities (5.1 sound, not to mention the Live In Memphis DVD) when there are so much other things we can get. And they aren't known for giving too much away that's why I think it's better to wish for the bigger rather than trivialities (Live In Chicago rather than Live In Memphis on DVD). :flowers:

 

/fred

Peace and love to all.
Posted
Really? I think all Celine produces is quality even "One Heart". It (One Heart) was made for the fans, remember. Many people on this board forget Celine was a quality life of her own now she has a child. She set up residence in LV for a family life and now wants to tour the world once again and releasing another cd in the midst of still performing in LV. What more do you want, geez
Posted
Really? I think all Celine produces is quality even "One Heart". It (One Heart) was made for the fans, remember. Many people on this board forget Celine was a quality life of her own now she has a child. She set up residence in LV for a family life and now wants to tour the world once again and releasing another cd in the midst of still performing in LV. What more do you want, geez

 

I wasn't talking about Céline's vocals, I was talking about the arrengements surrounding her!

 

/fred

Peace and love to all.
Posted (edited)

I hope for a single... :yes:

I don't know but I think it's gonna have still a lot of success with a single! :yes:

Edited by CELINO
Posted
I know that and exactly my point as well. She has excellent people who play her songs. Of course if you haven't been to LV you wouldn't know. She has the best crew w/her and has for many years. If all there is to report is negative I speak for myself I really don't read much on here but saw that comment. I skip alot of comments made on here because to me alot is very childish and immature
Posted
I know that and exactly my point as well. She has excellent people who play her songs. Of course if you haven't been to LV you wouldn't know. She has the best crew w/her and has for many years. If all there is to report is negative I speak for myself I really don't read much on here but saw that comment. I skip alot of comments made on here because to me alot is very childish and immature

 

Well the musicians she uses live ain't those who are on the albums (most of the time). And it wasn't critique directly towards her musicians. It was more the arrangements and the INSTRUMENTS. She sounds amazing surrounded by a REAL piano and real violins, you can't argue with that?

 

And for me not to respond to someone who misinterprets my posts without it being called childish you don't have to look too far to find that negative energy your speaking about.

 

Hope we can settle this. I have nothing personal against you and never had made any comment which would suggest I had. :flowers:

 

/fred

Peace and love to all.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...